Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Edge of Destiny

In-character fantasy FATE system Noob-GM

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Deirdre Domhnall - Team Red

Despite a lack of training in regards to the spell, an ice bolt appeared out of thin air and was hurled at the enemy, it was as if her strong will and desire to stop these fiends reached Skadi herself. With a shriek, it was clear that she found her mark. If the ice bolt was a few more inches to the right, there was no telling if he would've lived long enough to scream, especially considering the power she managed to pull. As it stood, while they were eventually spotted, they managed to sneak close enough to get in a surprise attack and were quite successful.

However, while Deirdre and Geraint managed to get in critical hits on their foes, Faye wasn't exactly fortunate in that regard. Although...she did manage to deprive him of his shield and get in a solid hit, so there's that but she didn't get off scott free. Shifting her eyes from Faye and back onto her foe, Deirdre drew her sword and moved in. Given Faye's situation, there was no telling how the fight will end up if it continued to drag on, and she didn't really have all the time in the world to pray for a miracle and actually hit the target, so she needed to hurry up and dispatch this foe so she could go help Faye.

With sword in hand and Skadi's blessing protecting her, she charged at her weakened foe with a powerful thrust of her blade, not giving him any room to breathe and counter as she followed with another swing of her blade.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 29 July 2016 - 11:28 AM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Geraint 

Red Team

Geraint weaved left as the bandits thrust missed Geraint's rib cage by comfortable margin. Deirdre's magic would have surprised Geraint were he not so focused on his target. He could not see Faye's encounter, but felt that it was going well due to Deirdre's demeanor. Geraint felt a boon of confidence fall over him, his blade feeling easier to handle, if only for this moment he entered deeper into a state of relaxed focus. Geraint did not strain as he shifted his downward facing blade, rolling it to vertically align the edge with his body perfectly. Geraint's movements flowed into eachother, He weaved left to dodge the thrust then switched his stance and grasp on his weapon as the Bandit recovered from his failed attempt to skewer Geraint. Geraint stepped forward with his right foot, resulting in his lowered blade being positioned right between the bandit's leg. Geraint lifted with his arms and pushed back with his right leg as he turned his torso almost 180 degrees and onto his left leg, attempting to bisect the bandit groin to crown.

OOC

Spoiler

Geraint
Spoiler

ezgif.com-resize_zpsxceqaae1.gif

Crimson Century: Bratumił

Edge of Destiny: Geraint

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

\\ Faye Aurelius Lightfel

\\ Bandit Bashing

So. My encounter. Despite how the whole situation would seem from the outside, I must admit that even this, is turning out better than what I had imagined. Fist of all, I managed to land my strike and disarm the bandit's shield. And while I did not get to avoid his retaliation completely, I managed to avoid getting hit in bad places.

Anyway, the encounter. I managed to jump back and twist my body to mitigate most of the force of the bandit's attack. The helmet had protected me well, leaving me slightly dazed from the impact to the head, but not too bad that it hinders me from thinking or moving my body. Yes. I can still fight.

Not wanting to give the bandit enough time to recover, I decided to once again take the first move. I lowered my body as low as I could, and use my legs as springs to launch myself towards the Bandit's legs. I can almost feel the ground scraping the front of my metal armor as I go. But my course of action was clear. At this altitude, it would be really hard for the bandit to slash at me. Too low and his sword would hit the ground. Too high and he would miss me entirely. With these limitations in place, the only optimum attack he could launch would be a downward stab, which, given the fact that one of his arm is not fully functional, would also be subpar at best: the trajectory predictable, the power lacking, and the accuracy even more so.

Betting on such assumption, I focused my mind to become One With the Sword, and aimed to slash the bandit's inner calf or thigh to reduce his mobility; whichever would be easier for me to reach without putting myself on too much danger.

OOC Info:

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Ziku Kalil -- Team Red

It's quite the sight. Four pissed bandits barreling towards you, that is. It's like slow motion, except not at all and you barely have time to think. Well, the odds could be a lot worse. At least Arenthiel has my back. He's a crack shot and if I can stay out of his line of fire we can make short work of these goons. I just have to keep them entertained and not die. I grit my teeth, looked around at the surrounding terrain, and started lightly backpedaling as they charged forward. If they are dumb, they won't watch their speed and the fastest on his feet will leave the others behind. Worst case scenario, they surround me. Solution: Don't let it happen. If things start to look like I might get circled, I strafe out of it. 

Spoiler

Edited by Orcraniil, 03 August 2016 - 09:10 AM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Bandit Bashing

The four bandits screamed in rage as they charged at the lone standing attacker who had impaled their comrade, madness burning in their eyes as Ziku felt a shudder run throughout his back. This kill had been invigorating, he felt something inside him shift, was it a newfound confidence in his abilities or just the reassurance that finally he was coming on par with the sisters that he had vowed to protect. His friends needed him to be brave and his trust on Arenthiel was enough to risk such a move.

Moss was the first one out of the cave, his ax held overhead as he intended to just stomp on the runt who had put a spear into his good friend Samson, he had saved him a beef jerky back at the fire. Moisture clouded his eyes a bit as rage throbbed inside his head which was soon oozing out his throat as an arrow lodged into his throat. Arenthiel had struck again, Ziku felt a bit calmer as he saw the bandit collapsing right as his feet as the others charging hesitated a bit. Not breaking their stride but rather slowing their charge. All the time Ziku needed to turn the tables. Adrenaline had put his body in overdrive as fight or flight took a chokehold of his person.

A controlled thrust literally took Butch off his feet, the life snuffed out of his eyes as the spearhead pierced his mouth and skull. It was a quick withdraw as Ziku side-stepped Decker's swing and Dave's attack on his holding arm just made him change his grip and change his stance to make them fall back. Their advantage was suddenly neutralised, whatever rage was pent up inside changed to fear. They had misjudged the adversaries and their abilities. Whoever was out there protecting the beast that stood before them was equally capable as him. Still they picked the weapons off their fallen comrade and prepared for round two. Too much blood had been spilled to back down now.

--

Meanwhile, it was a different story inside as Geraint's wonder moves were simply too much for the bandit that was his opponent. His upward slice cleanly bisecting him two but both Dierdre and Faye were struggling with their opponents as Dierdre's attack was nullified by the shield that her opponent raised at the right moment and her own lack of focus which led to a weak strike. Perhaps it was a bit too much to see her little sister in such a perilous situation that she had overlooked her own or maybe she was trying to match Geraint blow for blow and over-compensated.

Faye's dive was successful in execution but she had underestimated her opponent as he deflected her strike with the width of his blade to strike his outer pelvic. The injury was still serious but atleast he had not compromised his stance. He had confidence in himself as he stomped on the lithe knight, his foot pounding her right shoulder as she rolled out of the strike. The force would have been enough to give him an advantage but Faye had used her survival instinct well to fend off the danger. The battle lingered but now the group had the numerical advantage.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Arenthiel To'rah

The lad didn't seem to have had much experience with battle, but he certainly stood his ground and faced down the charging bandits like a pro. At the very least, Arenthiel thought, he had guts. And just that alone can get you quite far. Arenthiel's arrow struck true and took one of the four down. It was always satisfying to hit what you were aiming at. The human then took down another one of the charging humans and held off the remaining two with a degree of skill Arenthiel hadn't known the boy had possessed. The lad seemed to be someone you could rely on more that Arenthiel had expected. That was great, if the rest of his little group came out of the cave to find themselves one friend short Arenthiel didn't think they'd react very kindly.

Things were progressing rather smoothly. Rather smoothly indeed. Like a fine wine. Or a cheap wine. Or fire-brandy. Delicious, delicious fire-brandy. Arenthiel salivated at the thought. He smacked his lips gently, trying to grasp at that imaginary taste. If only he had a spare moment to get his wine-skin out, he could do with a nip. Alas the fight was in a state most people would describe as 'crucial'. And had, in fact, been in those waters for a little while now. He'd have a drink later. For now, it was time to keep up with the fight. The human was facing two opponents now which wasn't ideal for him. Admittedly though, it had to feel a lot better than the four he was facing down a moment ago. Never the less it was Arenthiel's job to try and even the odds. He notched an arrow, lined up his shot, offered a silent prayer to the goddess of luck, and released.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 15 August 2016 - 11:45 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Despite being in a trying position herself, her focused wavered as her worries regarding Faye's battle caused her to slip up. The bandit took advantage of said moment when he managed to raise his shield in time to block the weakened strike. Cursing herself for letting her emotions get the better of her, she shook it off and took a deep breath as she closed her eyes for a brief moment. Re-opening her eyes, Deirdre regained her focus as she glared at the bandit. She had to believe in Faye and trust that she'll be able to hold that bandit off for awhile longer.

Deirdre can't afford to get distracted in a battle like this because it's much more than simply Faye's life at risk. Taking her stance, she raised her blade and charged in, feinting a strike towards the bandits sword wielding hand. The idea was for him to focus his attention on turning his body to use the shield to block the strike and in that time, it would give her the opportunity to deliver a blow to his lower body to weaken his stance and grip and/or send him to his knees to where she'll be able to land a solid blow or disarm him. Whichever came first.

OOC:

Spoiler

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Ziku Kalil -- Team Red

Adrenaline hammered the back of my skull, my muscles tensed in reaction to the movements of the opponents in front of me, and despite all of this, it was almost a numbing feeling. My body was practically in autopilot as the thrusts and movements I practiced since I picked up the spear were realized. The feeling of impaling the bandit's skull... I don't think I have the necessary words to describe it. What was as incomprehensible as it was the strange feeling of elation that washed over me as I struck down another foe. It was... enjoyable. Not taking the life, per se, but succeeding in a life or death fight; outmaneuvering the opponents in front of me. It was the thrill of taking on an immense challenge and knocking it down while screaming, "What's next?!". It was a thrill I could see myself getting addicted to if not careful. Discipline is also an important trait. It's not wrong to relish battle and combat, but you shouldn't let it overtake you. 

I shook my head and grit my teeth, facing down the remaining two bandits. This was no time to be thinking on this sort of thing. Save the meditation and reflection for when we make it out of here alive. Two obstacles remained in my path, and then an unknown amount lie in wait in the cave. I must be nimble. I must be lethal. Arenthiel, while of questionable moral standind, was without a doubt a skilled and respectable warrior in his own right. I must prove that I am deserving of the kind of assistance he's lending me. The remaining two bandits had hesitation and fear in their eyes. Though they'd likely killed before, it couldn't have been anything short of murder. They weren't used to the kind of resistance they had encountered with Arenthiel and I. Their lives were truly being threatened and they understand the gravity of their situation. Good.

I turned sideways and held Broken Fang like a pointed shield, positioned between my opponents and I. They would make a move before me. With Arenthiel supporting me, I have time and the tactical advantage on my side. I could simply avoid them whilst he picked them off. Indeed, it's what I should do, but I owed it to these bandits at the least to grace them with an honorable death. It won't make up for their lot in life, but it's a start. Come, bandits. Face your fate with courage for once in your miserable life.

Spoiler

Edited by Orcraniil, 21 August 2016 - 05:58 AM.

Spoiler

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Geraint 

Red Team

Geraint exhaled steadily as he brought his sword close to his chest in a classic form that had his hands close to the right of his chest and blade pointed upward. With the release of breathe went his intense focus back into its cage, locked away for later. Geraint felt the mental strain building up and decided to hold off on fatiguing himself so readily. Geraint, however, was not done. Pivoting right he angled himself towards the back of Deidre's opponent. Geraint slide his left hand along the flat of his sword and brought it to his chest as he charged. Geraint sprung forward, attempting to smash into the Bandit with the flat of his blade like a battering ram, forcing the man to take Deidre's strike, without the risk of cleaving through the bandit and into Deidre by mistake.

OOC

Spoiler

Geraint
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Bandit Bashing - Tempting Fate

The bandits were no match for the deadly duo at their gates. With Ziku's expert handling of the spear and Arenthiel's deadly shot it was only a matter of time when the tables were turned. It was a surprise though, at how easy it all had been. In a short span of a few minutes the tides had turned so surely that the head splitting arrow that stuck into his compatriot made the remaining bandit surrender immediately.

He dropped his weapon and knelt before Ziku, his eyes wide with fear and awe. It was decision time again, only that Arenthiel wasn't having any of that bullshit. Another arrow plucked the bandit's heart and Ziku put both of them out of their misery with a grim scowl on his face. He felt that he needed to say something to the elf. That this is not the way heroes acted or some naive bullshit but would he really say it to the one who had kept his side of the bargain so well.

Surely, Ziku won't have been able to take on the group by himself and there was no doubting the jaw-dropping skill that the elf had, but he was a bit of a loose cannon and Ziku, though unlike himself wanted to be a voice of sanity for once. Now the decision lay in either going inside or keeping watch outside and get talking. Things can only become worse than they are if the words were unsaid.

--

Meanwhile, the tides were changing on the inside as well. Slowly but surely, Deirdre had found her composure as her next strike decapitated the head clean of the torso of the bandit that was facing her. Her strike was swift and her footwork superb, any tentativeness from earlier were ironed out as she also noticed the firm but slight nudge that Geraint had made on the bandit to push him straight onto her swing.

But, Faye was struggling as her gasp reminded the powerful duo of their third and indistinguishable member. Deirdre wanted to go help but it seemed like that was not to be as the entrance to the cave inside had a figure standing. She could sense the bloodlust emanating from the entity that stood there. His massive frame screamed of his barbaric presence and the muscle and sinew that was on display affirmed the fact that this person was more of a monster than a man. Standing a towering two meters, was the one who their prey had talked about.

GASTON!!

Armed with a cleaver and a hunting ax, with blood staining his torso and dripping from his open maw stood a bald man who had an orcish appearance. Deirdre & Geraint could feel every fibre of their being revolt at his sight. Something told them that this was the toughest opponent that they may have faced in their little lives.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Arenthiel To'rah

All these bandit types were the same. A handful of weak, pathetic, corrupt people. Morally bankrupt. Banding together so as to pool their meager abilities and use them to take from other what they can't earn for themselves. And when the odds turned on them, they break. They beg and cry, promise to change. Hell, they'd promise you a visit from the gods themselves if that's what they thought you wanted. Anything and everything. All to try and scrape by, catch one more day of life as a miserable excuse for a human being. I've learned my lesson, they say. I'll change. I'll go straight. Never again will I burn, rape or murder, I swear on the gods! They turned Arethiel's stomach with their cowardly attempts at weaseling out of any sort of blame or responsibility for their actions. The worst thing was that he'd believed the lies once, but never again. He knew now that the type of people who could 'turn their life around' aren't the type of people who become bandits in the first place. And so Arenthiel watched as this bandit dropped to his knees. He was about to begin his big whiny apology. His repentant ramble. Arenthiel had already heard one of those today, from the bandit he'd shot in the eye, he wouldn't give this one the chance to talk the young human around. One live bandit to bring back was already too much as far as he was concerned. So he simply shot the final bandit through the heart. The first word of his little speech was a wet gargle. The last was a dull thud.

Arentheil emerged from the foliage he'd been hiding in. "Nice work lad. First round's on me later." He said to Ziku. Not loud, but loud enough. The post fight silence was in full effect. The two of them were in that moment when all is still and done, but you're still on edge looking for anything that might kill you. Arenthiel didn't need to speak loud for it to be picked up by Ziku. He knew he'd hear him. He gestured around. A wide smile upon his face. "Looks like our work is done. Hopefully those inside aren't bungling their part." Had he seen himself smiling amid the bodies of those he'd slain Arenthiel might well have thought himself something of a maniac. But there was a certain satisfaction to victory in battle. Sure, people die. But when you're on the right side you can get over that. Not to mention that a good job well done was always a nice feeling. And his side of this fight didn't even take an injury. Two versus many, and not a scratch. That was something to smile about. "I'll check if this poor bugger is still alive." He added, walking over to the humanoid the bandits had been carrying earlier.

OOC:

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

With an assist from Geraint, it helped turn a likely hit into a definite one. In situations like these, you take all the help you can get, pride be damned and thanks to his assist, they can now finally go and help Faye with her struggle. However, just as they turned and were about to head in Faye's direction, she immediately came to a stop the moment she saw that massive figure at the inner caves entrance with an equally massive blood lust emanating from it. Just the sight of him caused every fibre of her being to revolt, not only because of his disgusting appearance but the frightful strength it carried. It was to a degree that it made the wolf pup her, Ziku and Faye fought near Silkrin seem like a domesticated dog in comparison.

This was a fight they couldn't afford to make a mistake or it would be death for them. Deirdre wasn't sure if the two of them would be enough but they were going to have to make it work until Faye is able to finish up with that bandit and assist them. In a low voice, she turned her head towards Geraint. "Do you think you still got it in you to buy me enough time for another shot?" She asked, referring to her divine magic spell. Honestly, she wasn't sure if this would go as well as it did the first time but given their opponent this time, they needed to do whatever it took to bring him down and this might be the last chance she'll get to even attempt this again. Because, he's surely isn't just going to sit around and wait for her to cast it. It's all or nothing.

If all goes well, she'll aim at his lower body and attempt to cut off his movements. She briefly considered his weapon bearing hands but quickly dismissed it because it would be extremely risky and more liable to miss, besides he wields 2 weapons so it wouldn't work. Once sealed, she'll be able to move in from behind while he's focused on Geraint. They were short on options for an opponent of this size and strength, she's hoping that size of his can turn into an oversized target. Once everything was settled, she began casting. Your highness, I know I'm pushing it here, I apologize, but I beg of you to allow me your aide once more to guide my strike and halt his madness.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 16 October 2016 - 02:10 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Ziku Kalil -- Team Red

Arenthiel strolled forward from the dense patch of foliage he had been supporting me from. "Nice work lad. First round's on me later.", he said, though the words pierced the dense, pervasive silence that filled the space immediately after a battle. If the quiet before a battle is the calm before the storm, then this could be called the calm after the disaster. Even the most cynical and battle-weathered of warriors would be hard-pressed to find flaws in the execution from both Arenthiel and I. It wasn't a disaster in the normal sense, but a disaster in that something tragic had taken place here today. The loss of life is unavoidable, sure, but that doesn't make it any less tragic. Maybe in another, less cruel world these men who met their ends here could've been productive members of society. I'd like to hope so, at least.

Arenthiel gestured widely around him, "Looks like our work is done. Hopefully those inside aren't bungling their part", I had to suppress a hiss at that statement. I respect Arenthiel's skill and would gladly work with him in the future, but the air needed to be cleared soon. I have to say something, I can't let this go on. For us to work as an efficient and well co-ordinated team we have to trust each other. While he trusts me, and I trust him, I can't let things carry on this way. Faye and Deirdre won't stand for anymore pointless slaughter. "I'll check if this poor bugger is still alive.", Arenthiel glibly said as he cheerfully trotted towards the human that the bandits were carrying earlier. 

"Look, Arenthiel, was it? I have to say something here. No response needed, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you at least considered what I'm about to suggest. No more pointless slaughter. I don't know what your issue is, and I understand clearly what you are doing is the most pragmatic choice, we can't continue to work as a team if this continues on. You aren't daft, you're surely aware that your... 'methods' have caused some friction in the group. Whatever captives we bring back will almost certainly face a death sentence from the villagers; this is fact. I know it seems like a chore, but it's our job to bring them to their fate. Maintaining order is a tedious and bothersome task, and though it could be claimed that simply killing the bandits serves its purpose in keeping the status quo, bringing them in to face the law does right by the kingdom and the people of Silkrin at the same time. Also, on a more personal note, I have no taste for killing surrendered opponents. I relish a good fight, don't get me wrong, but an opponent with no will to fight is akin to murdering a child. If I'm honest I might die some day because of this point of view, but my life means nothing if I sacrifice my principles in order to just stay alive. Just please, at least for the remainder of your time with us, please consider letting us deal with the surrendered bandits with a velvet glove rather than an iron gauntlet. If your life is threatened, shoot, but please don't execute unarmed, surrendering enemies who don't pose a threat. That's all; thanks for the assistance. Your archery is exemplary and I'd gladly fight by your side in the future, I hope you feel the same about me. I'll take you up on that first round, too. Now if you'll pardon me, friend, I've got two close friends and a new ally to go check on. I'll call if things are too hairy."

With my piece said, I readied Broken Fang and cautiously began the trek into the cave.

Spoiler

Edited by Orcraniil, 15 September 2016 - 05:34 AM.

Spoiler

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Geraint 

Red Team

Geraint was turning to assist Faye when the stench hit him like a rushing bull. Geraint turning to face the source of the foul odor and flinched in disgust at first glance. "Ugh,,," was the only response Geraint could muster. "Were they keeping a cave troll?" Geraint, only half serious. The look of disgust was plain on his face and in his tone. Once Geraint accepted the groteque visage of Gaston, he felt a shiver run up his back like a snake coiling around a branch and towards a nest of eggs. This monster of a man was quite terrorfiying. Geraint felt that he needed to act now or he would involuntarily resign to his fears. Hoisting up his large blade Geraint restored his intense focus, imagining his arms outreaching into every defensive posture possible to deflect any and all attacks. That is how he did it, afterall, he visualize himself deflecting everything from every angle. In response to Deirdre's request, Geraint charged forward with a holler, confronting Gaston his all his might and focus. 

OOC

Spoiler

Geraint
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Bandit Bashing 

Beginning of The End

Geraint's attack gave Deirdre the window to act and she came good on the opportunity. She wasn't yet accustomed to the power of Miracles that her goddess granted, nor was she aware of the duration and the risks. The after-effects or any other precautions, she was acting out of instinct. A motherly instinct towards Faye's preservation and a survival instinct for her own. She dug deep in her resolve to keep her mind from faltering, she could see Geraint's stupid charge at the inhuman that stood before them, clearly he was more trusting that she had ever been.

Hers had been a tiny microcosm, One that involved her parents and her sister and probably Ziku but this man was risking his own life for their sake and that was what gave her faith. She had to come good and her goddess would see her need. A barrage of ice sprung forth from the back of Gaston, trying to pierce him but it just cracked on contact.

"Hahaha!: this tickles" he roared. "I have been baptized by the blood of my prey. Your gods can't touch me, little girl." he grumbled as he met Geraint's slash with a double block. The sudden resistance sending painful shivers down Geraint's body. This is going to be tough, he thought.

He switched stance and attacked his side, Gaston parried it with the hilt of his axe and swiped his cleaver in a long arch. Cutting Geraint deeply across his chest. If this kept up, he'd surely die he thought but all his exits were blocked.

Dierdre leapt from her position to attack the undefended flank and got a strike in but Gaston hardly budged.

"Weak!" he said as he backhanded her into the wall. "Put your back into it."

Faye meanwhile was doing her utmost to hang onto dear life, her ploys were easily predicted. It seems bandits were conditioned to fighting dirty and thus her tricks were easily seen through. What the bugger hadn't accounted for was her speed. As she twisted mid slide and pounced on him like an angry cat, her blade pierced his chest as the hilt of her sword struck his ribs.

This was her first kill, atleast the first one in which she had seen the face. His face showed shock in his ending moments as he tried to process what had happened, he tried to clasp her and choke her but she easily planted a knee in his crotch as he bundled over.

Heaving a sigh of relief, she looked over at the battle at hand and immediately her memories from that fateful day were ignited. Would she fight or whimper? That man certainly looked much like the orc that had assaulted her or maybe she was just hallucinating.

--

Arienthel brushed aside Ziku's words as he bent over to look over at the victim that their prey had been carrying, the poor sod had been unlucky as he had found a big stone to land headfirst on and crack his skull. Even if they hurried, they'd probably won't save him. He doubted if Silkrin had good clerics that could do it. So he took out his blade that hung from his back. Saying a small prayer to Goddess of the night, he simply slit his throat and relieved him of his mortal coil.

Luckily, Ziku wasn't around to see it as he had made his way into the cave. He came around the bend to see the battle unfold and Faye freezed in place with fear. Whatever that was that stood at a distance, it certainly didn't look human. What would the young Qing do? Throw caution to the wind or help Faye. Surely, the life and battle would be decided in a few moments.

----

OOC

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Arenthiel To'rah

With his job done and his lecture all but ignored Arenthiel got to his usual post-battle routine. Going around to all the bodies. There were a couple of reasons for this. First, to put down any poor buggers who were still painfully clinging to some small shred of life. And secondly, to salvage any of his arrows that were still in working condition. Sure he had a surplus with him for the time being, but one day he might be in a fight, staring down a charging soldier and grasping at an empty quiver. Then he'd wish he'd taken the time to reclaim an arrow or two along the way. That was a lesson his teacher Lefty had taught him. He used to be known as Quick-shot until an empty quiver cost him most of the use of his right arm. He was still a fantastic hunter, even now, but it was a story Arenthiel took to heart.

With what arrows he could salvage salvaged, Arenthiel moved on to step two. Loot the bodies. A pile of armour pieces and weapons grew slowly as he moved about the small empty camp, taking the armour from the bodies. The quality was probably worthless, he doubted that these bandits had much to work with, and he wasn't much of a judge when it came to how much things cost, but hopefully he could sell those for drink money and gear maintanece. He'd split it with Ziku, obviously, since the two of them took down this particular bunch of prey. It was only fair. You get what you earn. And Arenthiel had no intention of denying the lad what he'd earned.

With their armour removed the bodies would be much easier to move. So, after a quick check for pockets or coin-purses, he gathered up all the bodies. It was dull work, requiring actual effort, but Arenthiel was stronger than he looked. With a few tiny little rests, to regain his breath, he had all the ex-bandits lined up near the cave entrance. It almost looked respectful, until you saw he'd made to occasional pair of them spoon each other or hold hands. The two naked bandits cuddling in a bush would be a fun discovery for someone. He just hoped he was there to see them burst into laughter. Then he'd pop out and be all like "That was me, I did that! Haha! Do you have any Fire-Brandy?" he chuckled at the thought of it and took a seat in the watchtower. All that was left now was for him to wait on the others. The job he'd been given was 'wait outside and don't let any bandits escape' he was pretty sure he'd done that perfectly. So now he just needed to keep an eye out and wait. Hopefully it was his team that walked out that cave mouth, and not a different bunch. His bow and arrows were on standby in any event.

OOC:

Spoiler

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Geraint 

Red Team

"Argh!.." Geraint groaned. First at his failure to mount an offensive, and then at the pain that shot through his chest, past his lungs, and up his spine. It felt like an arc of fire and ice had just spiked through his torso in the shape of the gash and blew out his back, still able to feel it as it cleaved the air behind him. Geraint regained his balance almost three feet from behind were he was initially struck. Whether from the force of his opponent's blow or him stumbling backwards he did not know. Geraint grabbed his chest and wheezed for a moment, "Ah... Damn!". He was rebuked entirely. Even Deirdre's magic had no to little affect, even with the square angle it hit Gaston on. Feeling the blood seep from his wound Geraint began to realize that this was a serious wound he received, Gaston nearly caved his chest in with a single swing while handling three people at once. Gaston wasn't just large, he was outright deadly.

Righting himself, Geraint regained his posture and held his blade up again. It'd be nice if he could do something else other than swing a sword, Geraint thought to himself. But alas, it was really all he knew. There wasn't much hope of awakening a new talent here and now. Geraint steadied his breathing and thought to himself "When it gets hard and your back is to the wall(literally), you just mosey on through it" he thought to himself. Stepping forward Geraint lunged at Gaston. He brought his blade up high as to slash downwards, but the blade did not fall. Geraint brought down all his weight and strength onto the butt of his sword, the pommel! Geraint intended to bash Gaston's face in while his companion seized the initiative.

Spoiler

Geraint
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Deirdre was thankful Geraint was trusting and followed through on her request. She wouldn't have held it against him if he had refused her crazy request, after all, she was basically telling him to get all up close and personal with that monster of a man, all for something that may or may not work. While she was able to cast her holy magic successfully, it cracked on contact and in the end, didn't even faze him. It was as if the Divine was lost on this man. Was it because her magic wasn't strong enough yet? Too exhausted? Both?

Granted she was exhausted and she only recently began learning the spell, given the fact it was a divine miracle, she didn't think it would be that ineffective. Refusing to waste anymore time dwelling on it, and halt the monsters onslaught of blows on Geraint, she found her opening and attacked Gaston's undefended flank with a leaping strike, making contact. However, he hardly even budged before back handing her into the wall. Struggling to get off the ground, her eyes her met with the sight of Faye frozen with fear. Started by the sight, "FAYE!!!" she yelled. Not again....god damnit, it's happening again!!!

Making her way back to her feet, she was met with the sight of Ziku, who had likely finished his end and decided to meet back up with them. However, there was no more time left as Geraint went in for another try. Simply glancing at Ziku, with eyes basically saying, she's in your hands now, Deirdre moved in, not wanting to Geraint's charge go to waste. Gaston was dangerous, they needed to put him down now and then they could worry about Faye. As Geraint went through with his attack, Deirdre went in low with a slash on Gaston's legs.

Her hope was to thrust her blade into his legs to hinder his mobility, following it up with a powerful stomp on the side of the knee (or back, depending on her positioning after her strike) and/or a thrust of her blade into his side to finish, if she makes it that far.

OOC:

Spoiler

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

\\ Faye Aurelius Lightfel

\\ Bandit Bashing

"I did it," I thought to myself, as I saw the thing that was once a living person slumped lifeless to the ground. My breath were racing; my arms, trembling. Even after the limb body slipped thoroughly out of the blade of my sword, the tingling sensation that assaulted my nerves did not seem to cease. I wanted to puke. I wanted to cry out loud to rid this suffocating feeling out of my chest.

I.. Have murdered a person.

And as if that was not enough of a mental burden already, there I saw it: The orc from back then; standing imposingly in front of my Honorable Sister. He was so close that I could almost feel his breathing on the nape of my neck. His hideously scar-laden hulk of a body twisted and convulsed hideously as he heaved and waved his recent prey and weapon around, as if to show to the world how powerful he was; and how meaningless the enemies before him were.

"Oh no.. I have to help Sister!" I screamed to myself. Yet my body did not budge. My feet were frozen in place, as if they had taken root. My arms were numb, and my fingers could not even clutch the handle of my sword properly. Pathetic.

"Move!" I ordered vehemently. "For the love of God, move!" I pleaded. Yet all I managed were to raise my sword arm sloppily and unsteadily into a poor combat stance. Even my sword were not handled properly, as the only thing that's keeping it from falling through my hand were the bandage that I wrapped around it earlier.

What am I even doing here?

OOC Info:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Bandit Bashing

Die Another Day

Geraint was unhindered and unfazed or maybe it was just the adrenaline pushing him forward. Was it the last wish of a man who had surrendered to death in battle or was it sheer grit, it would remain a mystery as Gaston proceeded to deflect his attack with his giant cleaver. Brushing it aside before follwing it up with an ax hit to his side, easily cutting through his shoulder pad and digging deep  into his shoulder. Geraint would have to forsake his strong grip if he hoped to defend the follow-up strike but luckily Dierdre had decided to trust her sword arm instead of her magic.

She proceeded to impale Gaston in his right thigh, the sword getting stuck as Gaston gave a loud growl and turned to backhand her firmly into the wall this time. He had swatted Geraint far enough to finish Dierdre off with his cleaver. All the while Faye watched on with horror in her eyes, the worst case scenario had happened. Perhaps they were unprepared to face the real world. Too weak to care for themselves, the dread that shook her so severely had further made her paralyzed. She collapsed without even realizing.

But Ziku was made of sterner stuff, he had already faced his fears earlier outside when he had resolved to fight for his friends. With a sure grip he lunged at the man-beast. His spear piercing the left forearm. The cleaver never completed its designated swing, Dierdre was lucky; incredibly lucky. Geraint recovered in time to drive his large Zweihander through Gaston's skull. In the end the tag team proving too much for the abomination. But the party was finally realized their standing in the pecking order.

What they faced was a brute who wouldn't even be looked at in the imperial armies that they'll alliance with or against. They needed to train more and harder. The trio soon joined Faye on the ground as they collapsed out of sheer exhaustion.

--

After some time, they found themselves out in the open. Their wounds covered and bandages in place. There was a lot of loot assembled near their heads. Neatly piled in a large mound. Faye would recognize that this was the tower through which they mounted their siege of this bandit stronghold. Geraint was a bit feverish but asleep. Dierdre to likewise was in a bad shape. Ziku seemed pacing around outside. Faye watched him pace around a bit before slipping into slumber.

OOC

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler