Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Edge of Destiny

In-character fantasy FATE system Noob-GM

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Edge of Destiny

Book - 1: The Gathering of Wolves.

[Main Story]

Three hooded figures waited impatiently in a cave that was in the middle of nowhere. Deep within the Zayk'r Desert where only the hardest of Baylbosan warriors wandered as a challenge. Few moments passed as grunts of disappointment could be heard from one the hooded figure, shorter than the other two. Clearly a dwarf given how slowly cussing started with the fidgeting.

Just then they were joined by their final member whose icy whisper ring clear in the cave. It sounded like a hiss of a rattler and was a giveway to his race but his features hid that fact well.

"Sorry for the delay, guys." said the newcomer.

"Took you long enough." came an irritated reply from the short figure, the pitch clearly that of a man.

"How goes the plan, Meghnath?" came a calm, measured reply from one the others. This one clearly female though her features were Manus like so she could be anyone of the other races.

"Things are on track, Princess. Dwarak has been destabilised. Mithila has a lot on its hands considering the recent turn of events and the increased activity in the Patala." his voice carried a natural mirth and a sense of malevolence.

"Good. Then we can hope that the Meena and the Naga are taken care of. They won't be interuppting our plans of a northern landing." the other said in a calm assessment.

"I still think that we should have an alternate route for my men to march to Lake Sanguinarius." came a deep grumble, one that seem to reverberate within the cave. The possessor of the voice had a considerably bulkier physique than the others and a natural lisp to his words.

"Afraid, are we?" the calm voice said in a slight tease. "You still need a lot of work to do, Borthrar. Sargesh still needs convincing, we can't hope to come for your support if your own aren't standing with you." said the lady in a slightly irked tone.

"You don't need to remind me that, Natasha. You do remember that Lord Morgain and General Ming haven't heard of your plans. Your forces have a problems of their own. All you have are just those mindless Baylbos who are eager to fight like my tuskers." he said with a low roar.

"Let's keep focused on the plan here, guys. We have Elves and Gorgii to target, remember." said the late entrant.

"Yeah! stop acting like kids and see to your ends. Meghnath has been ahead of the schedule of all of us. What about the assassins you managed to hire for the hit, Natasha." asked the short hooded figure.

"I'm unaware of their fate. Maybe they succeeded!" she said with a wry snicker.

"I hope so, kiddo. You do know we are talking about the most powerful member of the Four Suns. Plus, the other two are absent on any of our intel network. We know nothing about what we are getting into." said the short figure, concerned.

"Don't worry. I am ahead on this as well. According to my eyes in Mithila. Word is the Gorgii high-mage is visiting for the marriage ceremony of the Princess. Rumors are that he is even a probable candidate for her hand. I may be able to arrange something once I can confirm that." said the raspy voiced man.

"Ah! we can count on you, then." said the other three.

"Hehe~ don't get your hopes high. Mithila is a tough city to get influence working even for me. Also, I do think that we are underestimating the Gorgii. Afterall, we have lost the highest number of assassins on their hunt. They may really be closer to legend than we are crediting them." he said in a bit of a concerned voice.

"Rubbish! Legends are always made on the battlefield. They haven't fought for more than a millenium. They are nothing but pushovers. The elves would be a higher challenge in my opinion." said the tall man.

"We'll discuss this in another meeting. After Meghnath has confirmed sighting of the High-Mage." said the woman before the the others nodded and went their own ways.

--

[Silkrin] - Somewhere on the Fatala Grasslands.

grassland_landscape_study_by_jordylakier

The Sun blazed on relentlessly as a loosely draped figure stop atop a small mound and looked towards the horizon. Their calls for help had gone unheeded, the so called  united front and interdependency were just big words thrown about to sway simple minded people. He wondered why his people were so gullible, just a promise of good days and abundance had been enough to rile the best warriors he had to commit themselves to the new war-effort. Without even knowing the full details or even the enemy. He had an uneasy feeling about this all.

In the past few weeks as most of the village's able bodied warriors made their way towards the Qing Capital of Yushan, the fledgling farms and livestock were neglected. It soon started a vicious circle of the wildlife getting bolder and nature actively trying to reclaim its territory for itself. Alongwith the the fact that the Ambrosia was slowly getting weaker in its flow due to extensive irrigation plans of the more urbanised Qing. He wondered if his call for a few protectors would be considered at all. 

After all, the others only came begging to the Baylbos only when their strength was needed. They were nothing more than convenient meatshields for the Arturian Knights and Qing soldiers to hide behind.

He slowly stroked a big scar running across his face as a wry grin appeared on his visage. These weren't the tidings he had hoped for when he took over as the chief. Baru, was a man that didn't need a station to be heard. He had always done his bone staff do the talking. Wreaking havoc among the enemy as he flew into the battle with his war-brothers. But, the fates weren't as cruel as the veteran Baylbos was making them to be as a rickety carriage appeared over the horizon. In there was a Man probably even more famous than Baru. A man whose stature belied the stregth and charisma he held. Having been a terror of the battlefield in the Second Ork-Manus war, he mentored the current High Commander in the Third War.

He had taken on the role of a mentor once again, on behest of a very wealthy and influential merchant. 

Afterall, they say that every man has a price. You just need to have really deep pockets to buy the loyalty of legends. Luckily, Ailill Domhnall didn't had problems of wealth. For his dearest had shown her intent in becoming the shining beacon of Manus hope and after having dreamt similar dreams while being a child, he wanted his daughter to follow her heart. 

As he began walking back toward the gates of his village, he saw some moment in the river. Curious of what may come given his luck, he clutched his staff tightly while his other hand tightened around a short sword he kept on his person. The surface stretched like elastic as a pristine blueish white form emerged from it and collapsed by the shore. His unease turned into worry as he shouted for support from within the village.

"Sheyari!!! grab something to eat and ask Musa to rush to the shore with bandages." before breaking into sprint towards the form that lay on the plain shoreline. Meanwhile, a barely noticeable figure sat on a stone not far from the newcomer looking on curiously at the tired Meena. Though, not the same they still shared similar ancestors but he waited for the reaction of rushing figure, afterall he didn't want to be risked be treated a hostile.

--

Meanwhile, not far from the village in the open grasslands three similar figures walked in silence unaware of each other's presence as they made way in the general direction of the village. They all had chosen to leave the nest and see the world for themselves regardless of their reasons. Some for curiosity while some for espionage. Others were just following instinct. They made towards the three gates at almost the same time. Had there been guards, they would certainly had suspected something given the reclusive nature of their guests.

Suddenly, things were looking up for the village of Silkrin. Not only did they have recieved a probable reinforcement, there were some new guests that might be willing to lend their skills in improving the state of affairs here. Considering they even had a nifty tinkerer amongst them.

--
Wasteland_concept.jpg

[Grah'bax - Settlement of the Bloodfangs.] - Somewhere in the northern Snake's head Plateau.

A lone Ork wandered in the vast wasteland that spread as far as his eyes could see. This was nothing like the citadels, the Tuskers built for themselves. This was Bloodfang territory, place for the strong. Both of body and spirit. The warm air that blew over from the Drake's Blood mountain had a major role in turning it into nothing more than a hot wasteland. 

Beasts roamed around looking to survive, tougher than any of thier kin found anywhere else on the continent. The harsh environs had forged their bodies like Iron. But the Ork felt comfortable, he was on a dusty roadtrack which meant that the area had been purged from other wildlife to let the Orks live. The stale stench of the city was out of his mind now. The citadels the Orks built reminded him of his time as a gladiator in the rings, fighting for the entertainment of his Manus overlords. Just a dog for their entertainment.

He spit on the ground in disgust. Finally, he was coming home. Home to get stronger, get mightier and then someday be able to lick the flesh of the bones of his captors. A small settlement was in view. Spikes protruding from the walls as they were strong palisades. Even somewhere this remote, his people were ready. The first task of his would be to get to know this place better.

Afterall, he was a Bloodfang only in name currently. He needed to learn to hone his barbaric side to be called a true one.

---

dungeons_mines.jpg
Ruehill Mines

Ruehill was a great place to be. Fine mead and a fine mine, both in abundance here. The Iron that came out was on high quality and some times the rarer Mithril too find its way to the armorers. Inside the biggest tavern, The Wagging Worm, sat a man of short build but an intensity that would place him amongst hardened veterans. Korgan knew his way around a forge but that didn't interest him much.

His pleasures were simpler. A bottle of fine mead and a few heads to smash in. That's all he required. So he was hardly having a good time in this backwater town with nothing but ores to haul around.

Just then the door opened with a bang and a woman shrieked. Looks like he may still find something good to do this day.

Spoiler

Edited by RP Fiend, 19 April 2015 - 04:44 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Fatal Blood

Fatal Blood

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamriel

Zulen D`Erkrendel

Zulen was giddy as he approached the gate. He almost couldn't believe that his plan had work and he was actually outside the forest! He hadn't expected to see any elves let alone two, and so soon at that, but there they were, right there at the gate with him. They didn't seem like they were there too drag him back though, so he relaxed and continued to make his to the town. He was feeling pretty good about himself as he was stopped by a voice that told him to, well, stop.

Looking at the one that had issued the command, Zulen was taken aback, because it was a child. Okay, maybe child was a little off, but the couldn't have been more than say... 14? Zulen wasn't to sure, since he had never actually seen a Manus in person before, but he thought that the kid still looked pretty young. Zulen was about to say something like" Hey aren't you a little young to be doing this?",or "You look a little old to be playing guard, don't you think?", but then he really took a look at the kid. There was something in the eyes and the way they stood that gave him the impression that there was more to them then meets the eye.

Deciding that he should show the kid a bit of courtesy and at least try to follow the customs of these people, and maybe blend in a little, though he doubted he could do that. Turing to  the child guard, he took a small bow, before he spoke.

"Hello there young ward, my name is Zulen D`Erkrendel, and I have journeyed far to reach this place. I ask that you allow me passage into your town, as I wish to see what the world has to offer and I begin that search here. You have my word that I shall abide by the rules of this place, and behave in a as kind a manner as I am treated." Zulen gave the young Manus a small smile,"What say you, Young Sentry?"

Zulen was excited to see a real Manus town, and hope he would be allowed passage.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by Fatal Blood, 19 April 2015 - 05:39 PM.

If it ain`t broke... go back and rob it again.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Deirdre Domhnall

The Village Of Silkrin.... she thought to herself as she glanced ahead as she continued walking down the road alongside her companions. Along with her, others were also requested by the village of Silkrin to come and aid them. The others that were summoned were her younger sister, Faye Aurelius Lightfel, her childhood friend of sorts, Ziku Kalil and her Mentor, the legendary Dwarfen Paladin, Gorodir Bouldermane. Given his level of prestige, it was quite the surprise when she was first notified that he'd be going along with them on their journey. And why exactly had such a legendary figure decided to suddenly up and mentor the likes of themselves, foot soldiers like themselves with little such prestige? It was simple, Her Father.  And what does that have to do with anything? Everything.To be honest, Deirdre isn't exactly just an ordinary foot soldier but one that comes from a well off Merchant family headed by her Father. Just how well off? Not only enough to be considered one of Armagh's most influential people, a city that's the 2nd biggest in the kingdom, but one of the greatest minds on the continent.

One whoms connections practically extend everywhere. There's not that many people on the continent that haven't heard of Ailill Domhnall. Whenever Ailill Domhnall comes around and sells his goods, you just know you're getting top-notch goods and getting your moneys worth. He's someone that's hard to say no to, not that many people do. He isn't like the others of his status, one of those pompous, arrogant kinds that thinks nothing of others and thinks he can do whatever he wants with his money. No, he's a kind and caring man that will help out anyone, no matter their social status, that needs it. Not to mention reliable and trustworthy, having built up quite the reputation. But despite his achievements and how great of a person he is, if he has one downside, it would be that he can be a little over protective sometimes. It's not to say he doesn't trust her or believes she's not capable, but he just does his best to look after her. Case in point, hiring the likes of Gorodir. Not that she'll complain, it's an honor to be able to learn from such an esteemed figure. It's pretty much a dream but that fact he was bought off with money is something that doesn't sit well with her. It's not her fathers fault but coming from a wealthy family like hers has quite the downside, considering people begin to question children from said families because of their money and how some things aren't earned.

Though, it's true most of the time, sadly. Thankfully, she doesn't have to deal with that, though there's some doubts. But anyways, it's probably her fault that he's overprotective of her. After all, it's been almost 11 years since the incident in Meath and that was a stupid thing she did, despite her intentions. It was also that incident in Meath that she'd come to know Ziku more (other than the boy who just happened to be apart of her fathers caravan) and most importantly of all, it was because of that, she was able to meet her beloved sister, Faye. Oh yes, it wasn't mentioned but if it wasn't obvious enough but they aren't flesh and blood. Hence why her last name is different, though, the reason for that goes beyond just that. She may not be her flesh and blood sister, but she considers her, her little sister all the more, blood has nothing to do with it. Anyways, that's a story for another time and we should get back to the matter at hand.

Despite that flaw, she loves her father and looks up to him. He's also her chief supporter in her bids of becoming a beacon of hope for the people of Manus and save her people from all those that wish to harm them, and vanquish those who do evil. As well as do what her farther wasn't able to, becoming an honorable warrior and obtaining knight hood. Her father, unlike her mother, supported her dream from the start. Having said that, her mother wasn't out to crush her dreams or be mean in anyway. Like all mothers, she knows her mother loves her dearly and is only looking out for her. But her dad managed to convince her, though, it did take some convincing. Her mother, Morgana Domhnall, like her father is a merchant. While nowhere near the level of her father, she's a quite skilled and respected merchant in her own right. Though, unlike her father, her mother can be quite merciless in her dealings, making her the perfect partner for him. All in all, it's her mother that Deirdre gets her fight from. While her dad is the superior merchant and mind, her mother surpasses him on the physical, warrior end. She taught Deirdre how to fight and take care of herself after all. She owes her mother her life.

As they reached the gate to get into Silkrin, she noticed a trio of elves by the gate and by the looks of it, were trying to get in. Paying no mind to them, she nodded at the gatekeeper, who took note of Gorodir, to confirm that they have arrived. The gates then opened and they walked in, watching the gates closes as they left the 3 elves behind waiting to gain entry for themselves. From the looks of the village, there was a lot to be desired. It certainly has seen better days, that's for sure. Well, no matter, they were summoned to help them, and help they shall. Plus, her father was probably waiting for them. Can't keep him waiting.

OOC:

Spoiler

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

random2_zpsalwtgyoh.png

\\ The Gathering of the Wolves - Silkrin Village Encampments
    \\ The day before

"
Dear Lady Morgana,

It's been a while since we last wrote to each other, hasn't it? Come to think of it, we haven't really talked to each other ever since the day I left for the Knight Academy, have we? It's been almost a year now. How have you been doing, Milady? As healthy and as feisty as ever, I hope.

Today, I am writing to you to tell you that tomorrow I, along with all the other cadres of my grade, will be sent as reinforcements to the Silkrin Village encampment. Apparently the tension between us and the Orcs is far worse than we had previously anticipated. Soldiers, farmers, men and women; they wanted all able-bodied people to help with the cause in case a war do break loose.

It saddens me that I cannot say my farewell to you in person, Milady. You have been really nice to me. I would never forget how you treated me, a lowly commoner, as your own child. Neither will I forget the way you handle yourself with a sword. Nor the lessons you taught me. I can never fully express how much your presence meant to me. I really wish we could at least meet each other once again before I embark on my mission.

But enough with this depressing words. We can always meet again once the war ends, can't we? And at that time, I hope you will be willing to hear my stories, and test my growth as a swordsman. All in all, what I want to say is: though I cannot call you mother; for I have only one mother; I love you as much as I do my own mother. And I promise you that I will keep Sister and Master Ailill safe and sound with all my life.

Till we meet again, Milady.

With love,
Faye

"

"Dear Lord.. How am I supposed to mail this embarrassing letter to Milady Morgana," the young Knight Apprentice said with a sigh as she put her quill down. Yes, to her, the sharp-tongued warrior merchant who strikes awe and fear to all men was nothing more than a doting mother figure. One she loved very dearly, at that. "What do I do? It would not be nice to leave without at least giving her a notice," she continued as she played with her hair idly.

In the end, the Knight Apprentice, Faye Aurelius Lightfel, decided to mail the letter after all. After taking a short walk to the mailbox, she returned to her dimly-lit room, the only lighting comes from the lantern set upon her table. It was not that her room did not have any other means to light itself up; it was fully equipped with a set of torches. It's just that bright flames tend to awaken bad memories from Faye's subconscious, and at her current age, it would be too embarrassing for her to run off to Deirdre for a consolation hug.

"But this is it, huh.." Faye mused to herself as she undone her armor and readied herself for bed. As she pulled the blanket up to her chin, her mind continued to wander. "As the sun rises tomorrow, the time of reckoning shall come. My chance to prove myself to Sister, to Milady Morgana, and to my fallen kin.. Everything will start tomorrow."

"... I'm scared."

-----===>>+<<===-----

\\ The First Day

In all honesty, when Faye was told that the new war-effort required all able-bodied person to join their ranks, she did not expect to see the sight she was seeing. There were children, far too young to wield a sword; as well as there were elderly people, too far past their prime to even don their armor properly without aid. Even worse, there were sellswords, convicts, and fugitives: people with no honor; people who were clearly only in it for the money, mixed together with them.

"So this is a war looks like," the young apprentice tried to make the reality sink into her mind. "No wonder Milady Morgana keeps on saying that 'war is not about who is right; only about who is left,' and keeps on telling me not to join the Military," she continued as her mind returned once again to the thought of Lady Morgana Domhnall.

Still, not all was bad. For amongst the unsightly crowds, Faye managed to recognize some familiar faces. Take Ziku Kalil, for instance. He was a boy who played a huge role in saving her life in the Meath incident eleven years ago. Faye would not have gotten the chance to see him again, were she not drafted to join the reinforcement army. The two could barely identify each other thanks to how much they had grown over the past decade. Of course, the fact that Ziku could almost instantly notice Deirdre from the first sight did not sit quite well with Faye, but that was hardly the point.

Though, the star of the show was clearly Gorodir Bouldermane. To see a living legend in flesh was a blessing all aspiring knight dream of having. To fight alongside him, under his tutelage, was an honor Faye never dared to even imagine. In fact, she was too shy to even ride her horse close to the mighty Paladin, and decided to keep her distance instead. She hate her personality at times. Especially at times such as this one.

Without realizing it, the entourage reached their destination: the Village of Silkrin. Soon, they will join up with Ailill Domhnall and the rest of the troop that had gathered there. And soon, they will be tasting what a war is firsthand. They might ve stationed the furthest from the Orc's territory, but that did not reduce the tension Faye felt on ger soul. Not one bit.

OOC Info:

Spoiler

Edited by Crouching Bacon, 21 April 2015 - 04:53 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Arenthiel To'rah

The world Arenthiel had found himself in since leaving the nest was better than he'd imagined. Everything was so different. Even just the little thing, like how there were plants he'd never seen before. He tried eating most of them and though his experience in the wilderness had told him which ones were obviously poisonous, some of the little berries were sly. One of them made him ill for a couple of days. It was brilliant! Surprising berries! It was everything he'd wanted. So yes he ate the berries, yes he hunted the new furry things in the different forests and, most definitely, yes he got drunk with all the lovely ladies and gentlemen that had were curious about meeting an elf.

Sure it wasn't all happy, fun good times, he'd been chased out of a town or two. One time he was chased away for the crime of being an elf. That was annoying, he'd wanted to harm them in some way. Maybe set a fire. But he thought better of it in the end. That would cause more problems than he cared to deal with, plus it'd only make them hate elves more. The other time he had to skip town was because, as far as he could tell with all the screaming that was going on, the arrogant prick he'd punched was the mayors son. So that was an arrow that was better to dodge than confront.

Nevertheless, regardless of the troubles he'd encountered in his short trip so far, he was loving it. Because even bad experiences are experiences. And that was all he'd wanted for years, to experience the world, to experience life. And that sense of life and experience was something he never felt back home anymore. It was like he'd done all he could do there and only repetition remained. And now he was having more fun than he ever remember having.

He was having some fun right now in fact as he stood at the gate to a brand new village. Somehow it seemed the fates had conspired to bring three wandering elves together at this exact moment in front of the same exact gate. As the elves, who now found themselves looking like some sort of gang, approached the village with the intention of entering, they were stopped by a guard. A young guard. He couldn't have been more that half way through his second decade of life. Arenthiel thought the boy was surely a good sign for the villages future. Perhaps it was an indication of their crime rate too, if you stick a young lad on solo guard duty you can't be too worried about attacks. But the young lad wasn't the thing that was amusing Arenthiel to no end. The thing that amused him was one of the other elves that had turned up.

For Arenthiel this elf, when stopped by the guard, was sincere and earnest to the point of hilarity. He found himself stood just behind the elf, who claimed his name was Zulen, laughing silently so as not to interrupt the incredible even unfolding in front of him. The elf named Zulen talked to the young guard like his was some sort of prince, and pretty much burst out into giving his full life story to the presumably perplexed teenager. He even went so far as to pledge to the young lad that he would obey the laws and be polite. Something that made Arenthiel laugh even harder the longer it went on.

Eventually the Elf named Zulen seemed to have said his bit. Arenthiel rubbed the tears from his eyes as he laughed silently behind the other elves' back. The words "Oh man, that was gold." managed to tumble out of his mouth in his laughter. Soon he managed to regain his composure, for the most part at least, and stepped forward so the gate guard could get a good look at him. "You mind letting me through lad? I'm thirsty and I bet you're hiding a tavern somewhere that'll quench it." A second chuckle burst out as he took a sideways glance at the earnest elf next to him. "Would it help if I promise that I'm not with him?" He asked with a wide grin as he tried to keep the laughter somewhat under control.

OOC:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
The Wagging Worm.
Quickly tossing back another warm ale, Korgan instantly got rid of the taste of spit that had slowly been forming near the back of his throat. A few seconds more and the feeling in his tongue would have likely returned as well. Those are always a bad sign when you're trying to get well and truly sloshed.

How is a dwarf supposed to properly tell his tale if his tongue started doing intelligent things in his mouth mid sentence? Everyone knew that half the fun of telling a tale was in the inebriation.

Apparently Korgan's tongue didn't, so he gave it another quick bath in alcohol before wiping at his maw with his arm guard and returning to his story.

The Wagging Worm, named in Korgan's humble opinion after the sultry co-owner and tavern wench, Belinda, was a decent enough establishment for drinking and story telling but lacked that certain -- je ne sais quoi.

Oh, wait! Korgan knew what it was, FIGHTING! This place was filled with miners, artisans, merchants and smugglers. Not exactly what a warrior such as himself would call a challenge. So instead, he made due with flirting with Belinda and telling grand tales of his adventures.

"...we ran for five days, neck and neck we were, I and my rival, through these forgotten and uncharted tunnels. I was conserving my strength you see, waiting for the final stretch, when the earth suddenly shook. Back and forth she rocked us, her violent spasms cracking the walls of the cave before finally collapsing the ceiling on top of us."

"It was then that the cave monsters came," Korgan continued in his thick voice. "Again, and again the monsters attacked. Dark and terrible things they were, come to eat us whole from the very depths of the earth."

"So I did what any dwarf would do," Korgan said as he pulled the Belinda the Wench into his lap -- so she could better hear his tale, of course. "I HACKED and SLASHED at those foul beasts with my hammer and sword, spilling their black guts out onto the cave floor until their dark blood swallowed what little light remained in that place! Finally, when the last beast lay dead at me feet, it's head crushed beneath my heel, only then did I raise my hammer high and let my rival finally know with a shout who the greater of we two were."

"KKOORRGGAANN SSTTOONNEEFFIISSTT!!!!"

It was then that another beauty came rushing into the tavern, just as the blood rushed through Korgan's body, burning away the ale in his blood and replacing it with a deep yearning to either bash some skulls or take Belinda upstairs and into her bed.

Belinda certainly looked keen to hear another, more private tale and there was no doubt that the tavern keeper could use some strong, handsome sons to help him around the place. In the end Korgan decided he would have both. First the brawling, then the bedding. Perhaps a bit of both, depending on what danger the fair maiden had brought with her.

Lifting himself and Belinda up and off their stool, Korgan made his way over to the damsel in distress once Belinda had been placed gently back on her feet and Korgan had had a final swig of his ale. It was then that Korgan questioned the young lass as to what troubles hounded her steps.

She had red hair and said her name was Brytva Bronzedust but more importantly, if her cause was just and worthy, she would have Korgan's hammer at her side.

Spoiler

Edited by Obsession, 24 April 2015 - 12:39 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

The lodge she had spent the previous evening in was a bit damp, and slightly musty in fragrance. Wisp had rented a room for the night after trekking over the verdant grasslands for three days, stopping very infrequently in her journey to outrun the mercenary band hired to hunt her down. When she had arrived at Silkren, she made way for the local inn and discovered it was a medium sized building that accommodated guests with a modest and mundane room plus service. Wisp had woken up and discovered the wine and sugar cane sticks which each room was complimented with beforehand. Wisp sat up in her bed and reached for the bottle, her throat felt parched. She drank a fresh sip straight from the bottle and rummaged through her travel pack, which was mostly filled with the necessities. The woman realized that the humidity of this region wasn't so punishing, but it was still quite apparent.

After dressing herself, Wisp smelled the aroma of cooking yams, and her mouth began to salivate. In order to eat though, she'd need money, and most of it was spent last night for the room. Wisp took care of her personal matters and exited the lodge with her light knapsack of luggage. She pouted as her gut began to rumble, but ignored it as she went off to search this settlement for some work. The roads weren't so lively, most people seemed to be in their doorways enjoying the weather as they worked away at their craft. Wisp herself was quite the repair-woman and tinkerer, she received well-earned money after her premium repair or crafting services were completed for any type of mechanism in need of repair. She had learned her skills of repairing and tinkering over the years from her creatively-supportive mentor of a father, a village baliff who had unfortunately passed on in Wisp's teen years.

Her boots softly patted against the dirt roads as she held onto a strap of her knapsack, waving to the friendly-faced villagers that seemed to look so lonely when their individual bodies were compared to the emptiness of the village. If there were only more people here, these streets could be filled with vendors or cattle that dragged along carts of produce from the near-by fields. Wisp's stomach grumbled once more, aching butterflies flew within her gut. It seemed to be a long shot, but a Blacksmith who was busy at the forge could always use an extra pair of hands to repair tools he hadn't had the time to currently work on. Wisp found herself at the entrance to the village, to her pleasant surprise. The lodge was a popular location that rested directly on the main road, and she had subconsciously followed her memory's steps away from the inn...after doing this for so many time it must have become second nature to her - getting up to pack your things and leave the way you came. The guard must know where the Blacksmith would be, surely they were locals that practically knew Silkren by heart.

"Excuse me, can you just help me out for a moment?"

Inventory

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 25 April 2015 - 12:56 AM.

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

\\ Silkrin

Ziku barely stifled a yawn as he and his companions traveled down the countryside road to the village of Silkrin. Looking at his fellow travelers, Ziku still could hardly believe that the two girls he was walking alongside were the very same girls he had met long ago in a burning down port. He wasn't even sure why or how Mr. Domnhall had come about finding him in the backwater village he had taken up temporary residence as he hustled the local guards out of their money in arena bouts. We are talking about the Mr. Domnhall though, and if there were anything in the Human realm that he desired, it would most likely be within his reach. Which would also explain the presence of the legendary paladin, Gorodir Bouldermane. Though dwarfed by his companions physically, the paladin's sheer presence caused Ziku to break into a sweat whenever they made eye contact. He more than lived up to the tales. Now the two girls Ziku had met before had grown quite a bit, so much so that he actually had some difficulty in identifying Faye. The little girl who had once been a ragged ball of bruises and tears but with determination in her eyes had grown significantly. Ziku couldn't help but smile when he saw that the life that was saved that day had grown into a fine young woman who, while nervous, carried herself with pride. Faye's older sister had grown quite a bit as well, but Ziku recognized her nearly instantly. Hair that seemed to smolder like embers in a campfire, confident and assured steps, eyes that seemed both deep yet impenetrable. Deirdre's appearance had temporarily captivated Ziku. She had physically grown, but he could still see the merchant's child who had risked her life to save another, who with all of her might crushed an Orc's skull with only a poorly made shovel. Once they had killed an Orc, evaded capture, and traveled the wilderness for multiple days in order to catch back up with the Domnhall family caravan, and here they were reunited under the tutelage of a legendary paladin.

Ziku idly wondered what the sisters had gone through in the years after the incident, and pondered just what could have happened in all of this time as he adjusted the straps on his weighted gauntlets. Taking note of the fine sword that dangled at the side of either sister and the way they stepped, it was obvious they had come a long way. No one who had recently picked up a sword walked like that. They were certainly more skilled than anyone Ziku had faced so far, not even in his brief time as an amateur gladiator. Deirdre and Faye carried their weapons with purpose. They fought for something much more than money, like Ziku's opponents in the arena. Lost in his thoughts, Ziku was only vaguely aware that they had reached the village of Silkren and proceeded onward to wherever it was in Silkren that Mr. Domnhall awaited them.

Spoiler

Edited by Orcraniil, 16 May 2015 - 07:30 AM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Yada glided through the water, surfing the undercurrents of the river. The water was somewhat unusual to him, though not unpleasant. It was somewhat sweeter than the deep seawater of Dwarak. The sunlight piercing through the rivers skin, created a myriad of dancing sunbeams through the water.
Yada was a great admirer of beauty, unfortunately it was not possible for him to stop and enjoy the surroundings. The Rakshash, knights of Dwarak would not give him that reprieve.  The had been on his fins for months together. The had been a honorable order once, before Maara went mad.
He felt a wave of pressure building up behind him, the rakshash were a up to something on e again. Whatever the case he was no less than them, he drew on his reserves of strength and pulled on the currents of water surrounding him.

Though not visible, small eddies of water began to form around him, gently caressing his silk like skin. Then like the snap of a lobsters claw, the two sides unleashed their weapons. The rakshash sent a jet of water, focused and high pressure. Its raw force left ripples of pressure that bent the light around it.
On the other hand, Yada countered with a swirling blanket of water, threatening two sweep all under it s swath. The two parts met, causing the water to bubble and simmer chaotically. The riverbed itself was agitated, throwing detritus into the water, turning it murky. For a few moments the two forces seemed to equal one another. Yet it was but for one moment, Yada's whirlpool lost its strength and fell to the stronger magic of the knights. The jet of water blasted through his attack.
He only had time to swerve left, however he didn't manage dodge all of the magic. He caught the brunt of the jet of water on his side. It pummeled him with the force of awry shark, knocking him unconscious. Luckily a meena need not worry about drowning in water.

Unknown to him, his earlier magic had not yet died, water magic was a finicky practice and often took on a life of its own if not managed with a discerning will. It drew in on it self churning the waters of the river with ever growing force. It flung the Yada and the knights apart, pushing each away from the other

Yada woke up with a gasp, he gasped in panic. He was choking, there was no water. But his body quickly acted on deeply ingrained instincts drawing a deep breath, filling his lungs with air.

He blinked furiously, his eyes adapting slowly to the harsh light of the overwold.  "This place, is where?" he asked, as he noticed his benefactor.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Update 1.1

Sheyari was almost at the edge of the wall when she saw the cart close in. The rickety contraption did little to lighten her mood, afterall the call for supplies from Shamu seemed really urgent, she let Neya carry the bandages to her dad while she stood and looked at the occupants of the cart. Silkrin hadn't had the best of days currently with their farms under constant onslaught from rodents and the lack of decent muscle to counter the occasional wild animals that attacked.

Shamu had been fighting on alone with Khurrak and Musa as his last line of defense, she hoped that atleast the fate would smile a little on them. Her wish turned to reality as she saw a form get out of the cart. Gorodir Bouldermane was a man whose fame travelled faster that light it seemed, with an aura of absolute calm and eyes filled with duty he shone like the brightest beacon of hope for the marginalised. A light smile formed on her face as she walked towards the living legend.

"Master Bouldermane, it's an honor to have met you in person." she said with a light bow. She somehow had fought the urge to hug him.

The warrior set himself correctly before returning the gesture, "You must be the most important lady of Silkrin, right?" he said with a bow.

"Can't claim that. Tell me Master, have you come alone? I admit I am shocked to see someone of your stature come to this backwater establishment but I was still expecting a contingent of soldiers to stay with us." she said, a mild concern and annoyance clear in her voice. She didn't expect much from the Qing General to do them a favor and though she won't have imagined Gorodir Bouldermane to come as backup, their problem wasn't one of difficulty but of numbers. The threats were many but weak, someone of fame would only be wasting his time here.

"Worry not chieftess, I have not come alone." Gorodir said in a calm voice as he asked for the others to get down."You see, I am here to make good knights out of these chaps and I think we maybe the perfect thing this little town needs to rebuild." he said as Faye, Diedre and Ziku got out of the cart.

"I respect you, Master Bouldermane but these yourng ones would be in serious risk if they are to start uninitiated. Fatala plains can be really treachrous for the unprepared." she warned. "But I'm happy that we can count on the young ones to help us old coots." she said wth a smile.

"Don't worry, I don't plan to let them die, just survive barely." a smile occured on his maw, a bit unsettling if you manage to catch from a side profile.

"Well then if you guys are up for it, the farmlands are thick with rodents. If you manage to cull their numbers enough, we may be able to start rebuilding in earnest." Sheyari told the young ones.

"Aye! to make things interesting you all have ten gold to kit yourselves. You all are not ready for your swords yet. I don't care what Ailill claims. You are doing it the hard way." Gorodir exclaimed with a loud voice.

Spoiler

--

Brytva Bronzedust was a fine looking lass, atleast by dwarven standards. She had a nice round face and fair skin and rusty red hair that she styled in long braids. He body was just the right amount of plump and she was quite a handful in the mines. Her extration abilities almost at par with her father Hadvar Bronzedust who was a celebrated miner of the town. So when she came out of the mines wailing, it certainly had the town's attention.

Foremost among them was our hero, Korgan. The suave dwarf had a penchant for swaying the finest girls off their feet and this opportunity was almost presented to him on a plate. She slunked just near his feet as he walked towards her, her eyes filled with tears and her breathing ragged.

"Th..the..they took Murt." she said between sobs. "O! warrior I beseech you, please save my darling Murt. He is terribly unlucky it seems." she said to Korgan with a pitiful expression on her face. Almost everyone knew who Murt was but the same could not be said for the valiant Korgan.

Spoiler

Zikt was ambling around the North gate when a sweet little voice broke the silence, he had hardly anything to be cheerful. With his latest harvest pillaged by the shrews he had nothing but to hope for a carriage to arrive from Quixve, carrying new seeds and possibly god's favor. The voice though got him in a decent mood as he turned to find a young girl, an outsider by the looks of it ask him for directions.

"Well!" he thought on his answer for a moment. "There was a time not long ago when there were two blacksmiths in this village. But Maruk left long time ago, not that it matters to a young one like you. What you want is to see Tragar, see the smoke billowing out of that hut. Well that's where the he works his magic."

After a short walk to the blacksmith, Wisp found herself in front of a small hut, unlikely to hold a large forge and displays like back home in the Qing cities. She had only heard of the wide disparity between the resources that the members of the Human alliance had to themselves. She didn't know it was so bad. As she walked in, the blacksmith gave her a beleaguered pitiable smile.

"Greetings young adventurer, I have a favor to ask though it is very rude of me to not ask you for a drink on our first meeting."

Spoiler

Edited by RP Fiend, 14 May 2015 - 02:26 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

The Ruehill Mines.

Being the newcomer that he was, mighty Korgan was unfamiliar with the Lady Bronzedust and so didn't recognize her at first when she stormed into the Wagging Worm.

Realization quickly dawned on him however as he quietly recalled that she was the daughter of Master Hadvar Bronzedust, a legendary miner in these parts and as good as the mayor of Ruehill. Taking that into consideration, it really was no surprise at all that others had also stepped forward to answer the lady's call to action.

Being the wise sage that he is, amongst many other things, all of which are much too numerable to list at this moment, Korgan correctly postulated that another reason for the sudden sea of bulls and pups, was because Brytva Bronzedust was quite fetching.

Korgan of course, was a dwarf amongst dwarves, and loves lasses equally and without hesitation. Brytva's looks didn't matter to him -- any two twigs rubbed together could create a spark -- and since he was only passing through, whatever political favours there were to be earned would be wasted on him.

So why was he standing amidst the tides of pups with their tongues out and wagging? Because something needed killing, hopefully several somethings.

"Brytva Bronzedust, what are you doing in here? Your father would kill you if he knew," someone cried foolishly.

"Lady Bronzedust," Korgan's voice rang out, silencing most of the rabble. "Please. What troubles hound your steps?" Korgan only had patience for idle gossip during pillow time and this was certainly was not that.

Sensing that Korgan was a tried and tested adventurer, Lady Bronzedust quickly made her way through the crowd of miners and drunkards to stand at the brave dwarf's side as he did the same. The two magnets met each other in the middle of the overcrowded room, where Lady Brytva placed her hand against brave Korgan's chest and told him her tale.

"Th... The... They took Murt," she exclaimed between ragged sobs before collapsing at Korgan's feet. "Oh warrior, I beseech you. Please save my darling Murt. He is terribly unlucky it seems." she said to Korgan.

Taking her hand in his, Korgan stood Lady Brytva back up as his chest swelled with conviction. Murt was a lucky man it seemed but that wouldn't sway Korgan away from his heroic quest. After all, Adventurer's Code #34621: "It didn't matter who got the girl in the end, so long as SOMEBODY did."

"Fear not, my lady. Your man, Murt, will be returned to you safe and whole, if it is at all possible."

The snickers behind him told Korgan that he had made a mistake. The young pup in front of him was a bit more helpful.

"Murt is not her man, outsider," the pup said as he placed himself between Korgan and Lady Brytva. "Murt is a dog, an ore husky used by miners to sniff out all manner of dangers inherent in a mine. He's barely two months old though. I doubt that he still lives. The best we could do is bring the body back to you, Brytva. Better not risk these men's lives for a corpse..."

"What manner of beast would take a puppy, Lady Brytva?" Korgan interrupted, ruffling the feathers of the pup in front of him as he walked around him. Ignoring a dwarf was a good way to piss him off.

"Tinfangs -- large worms with metal hides. They usually burrow around ore lines, harassing miners as they go about their business."

With that, Korgan was off. He didn't need to hear anything else or ask where he needed to go. Experienced adventurers such as him had an uncanny knack for finding trouble and in this case, it was easy to see where Brytva had come from as Korgan headed for the nearest mining tunnel.

Some of the other pups had tagged along, more interested in seeing whether or not Korgan would know where to go, rather than volunteering to rescue the missing puppy.

"This idiot! He doesn't even know where to go."

That was the last thing Korgan heard before his visage was swallowed up by darkness.

Spoiler

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Saxis-Icon.png

Lysander

He collapsed against a large stone, panting heavily trying to catch his breath. Lysander wanted to close his eyes, but he needed to keep his senses sharp. Wiping the sweat off his brow with his arm, he glanced towards the forest he just ran from. He kept his eyes and ears open for any sign that he had been followed. Seconds ticked by, then a minute, and then ten minutes. Nothing emerged from the foliage and for that Lysander was grateful.

“Honestly,” he thought exasperated, “what are the hunters doing?”

Lysander crossed his arms and then thought. He remembered rumors of war approaching. Other travelers and several innkeepers shared with him that the nobles were promising riches and glory to able-bodied men and women to join the army. No doubt the people of the nearby village had been seduced by the promises of fame and fortune. It was a pity, but understandable.

He stood up, patting the dirt off him, and began surveying his surroundings. The landscape was unfamiliar, but Lysander was not worried. He knew he was in Baylbo territory and there was a river present just a few feet away. “Walk alongside rivers and there you would find civilization,” quipped Lysander introspectively, smiling amusedly as he done so.

Having travelled for decades as a bard, Lysander knew getting lost was the least of his problems. Unless he was passing through the more extreme environments there was no pressing concern at the moment. He removed his guitar strapped to his back and sat down on the stone. For now he would rest and practice a few of his songs.

The young bard remembered a memory of a child from decades ago extolling the virtues of his village. He recalled that that it was somewhere around here. No doubt the child was probably old and grey, but Lysander always kept his promise that he would visit. Hopefully, the child was still alive to hear him play his songs.

However, just as he was about to play, he heard a commotion nearby. Out of reflex, Lysander dropped down and hid behind the stone he was previously sitting on. A person washed ashore from the river, and it was clear from his appearance that it was a Meena. Though he was far from him, his eyes were able to pick up details better than most. There were wounds on the lad. Those were signs of a violent strife.

Making up his mind, Lysander stood up to rush over to treat him, but someone else, a Baylbo, had spotted the prone person first and was already hurrying to heal him. He wondered if he should remain in hiding, but he allowed that paranoid thought die in his mind. Instead he began walking over to them, calling out to them, “Excuse me! Do you need help? I’m a traveler and I know first aid!”

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Deirdre Domhnall

After a few more minutes going through the village, the cart stopped and Gorodir got out of the cart first. Almost immediately he was engaged in conversation, from what she was able to make out from within the cart, the one he was talking to was the one who sent in the request. Not wasting anymore time, she got out of the cart, as if being summoned. Taking a glance at the woman talking to him, she concluded that must've been the chief of the village. Well, Gorodir already confirmed as such but Deirdre wanted to see the head with her own eyes. With a bow, she took her place alongside him and listened on. From the sounds of it, it appears that they won't have to stand around much longer and will get right to the action.

It also seems like Gorodir won't be taking it easy on them. A life or death battle for survival right from the get go, huh? Whether or not it was morbid for her to think so, she was quite thankful for it. After all, given how her father is, he'd certainly object to it. Any parent with love for their children would, well most, though, her father isn't like most. But anyways, one will never hope to grow if one doesn't take risks to get what they want. True power and status isn't something that is just handed out, it's something you need to earn and you can't protect anything without it. In short, she'll do whatever it takes, no matter how difficult the challenge, to acquire it. She has her mother to think for her strong will and determination, among other things.

Fiddling with the 10 gold coins in her hand, "Well, it wouldn't sit right with me if it was that easy. Sounds good to me." she grinned as she looked to the others. "Now that that is settled, we'd should go get ready to head back out." Having been shown the way to the armorer, she bowed again and headed off. Having arrived at her destination, she seen that there was another person there. A Qing from the looks of it and it also looks like they were wrapping up their business, which was fortunate for them. Once they had the armorers attention, she asked politely about getting them outfitted.

OOC:

Spoiler

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Wisp checked over her coin purse, sliding the bag out from beneath her top. She shook the bag and remembered that she had 20 gold on her person as of the moment. The smithy looked rather simple, and the shop itself had a very modest feel to it. Wisp expressed a charming smirk and began to speak to the blacksmith,

"So you have a job for me? Great, I was looking for work anyways!"

The woman looked over the quest and mulled over the thought of accepting it. Fighting wild animals to get their hides seemed like something a much more grass-roots type of person would do, she wasn't familiar with the task.

"Alright, I'll do it. The thing is, I could use some equipment. Preferably a weapon and some armor. Do you have anything you can lend me? Or maybe I can buy some arm guards and breastplate for myself, along with a blade?"

Wisp had 15 gold on her, a decent blade and a breastplate were common adventurer's apparel for those starting out. She preferred light armor anyways, her days as a smuggler had taught her that being a rogue who could work well with others was much more effective in a fight than a lone wolf. Many of her friends had met torturous, tragic ends after thinking they could handle themselves alone. The world could be cruel to the stupid.

Edited by Shmuser Name, 14 May 2015 - 02:03 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Update 1.2

The kid looked at Zulen with a raised eyebrow, 'Is this guy, for real?' he thought to himself as the Dark Elf bid him a formal bow. Zuk had only heard tales and legends about the Elves and their wisdom. By the way the dark figure conducted himself, he certainly felt as if he was amidst the snobby royalty of Qing. He had visited the capital once with his father. Needless to say, he didn't like it.

The Elf reminded him of that time and though he knew how dire the sitation of the village was, he felt inclined to not give him right of passage until the other guy spoke up. Immediately the mood changed, Zuk could feel a laugh tugging at his maw and he did let out a hearty one on the antics of the other. He was certainly a guy this vilage could need. They had become to serious with all these porblems, someone should lighten the mood up.

"Yeah, old man. Just follow this path and the last building before the other gate is the one you are looking for. Mind you, we don't have the fine liqour that your kind is famous for but we have our own Fire Brandy." he said with a mischievous smile.

"And if I may, please take him along as well. God, he needs some loosening up." he finished before standing aside to let them pass.

As the pair passed the gates the little boy said up once more, "Ah..Welcome to Silkrin. Hope you can help us." before walking to the side of the gate and out of view.

[OOC]

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Fatal Blood

Fatal Blood

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamriel

Zulen D`Erkrendel

Zulen thanked the young guard and strolled through the gates, but thought that maybe he should change his approach when it came to meeting people. Not only had he been laughed at by a member of his own race, but by the very person that he had tried to be nice too. Sure they had both tried to hide their amusement, but he was sure that it was not for his benefit, and they hadn't even tried very hard to hide it! Zulen ground his teeth in anger.

"No Zulen" he said to himself as he stopped in the middle of the road. He would not change who he was just because some people laugh at him. After all, he had expected to be laughed at his entire life. This place was new, so of course he would experience things he had never experienced before. This place was offering him a chance to grow and he wouldn't let the opportunity pass.

Zulen had to agree with that boy though. He could use some "loosening up" as the boy had said, since the annoyance at the gate had ruffled his feathers. He wondered if there was a place around here to get a nice cup of tea.

Zulen started walking again and also started looking for a place that might have some tea. He strongly avoided the tavern, since he didn't want to run into that other elf again, though having walked into town at the same time meant that they were actually in close proximity to each other. He looked at all the shops as he walked through the town, Silkrin the boy had called it. Zulen saw what seemed to be an Herbalists Shop, and thought that surely they would have some teas, so he began toward it.

OOC:

Spoiler

If it ain`t broke... go back and rob it again.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

\\ The Gathering of the Wolves - Silkrin Village Encampments
    \\ Faye Aurelius Lightfel

As soon as they arrived at their meeting point, the caravan of soldiers were greeted by the sight of a giantess. No, calling her a giantess would be uncouth, even for the young soldiers. The woman was, after all, quite normal-sized for a Baylbos. She has strong musculature and above average size for a woman, yes, but not all that gigantic.

Why Faye identify her as a giantess then, you ask? The answer was quite simple: it was her presence. The woman, Lady Sheyari, was a warior chieftain well known for her ferocity in the battlefield. The number of lives she had taken, as well as the number she had saved, would certainly exceed the count of hundreds. As such, in the eyes of a complete greenhorn such as Fay, her presence; her aura, was enough to make her look twice as big as she actually was.

"L-l-lady Sheyari, I presume? A p-pleasure to meet you!" Faye said her greeting nervously as she bowed to almost perfect 90 degree. She was so nervous that she even forgot to introduce herself to the lady warrior. Not that she would be remembered the way she was, anyway.

Then, one thing after another happened, and the group of three: Faye, Deirdre, and Ziku; were told to strip their armor and weapon, were given ten pieces of gold each, and got sent to the blacksmith to kit themselves with the small amount of money they were given. It might seem random at first, but if you think about it closer, it was a valuable lesson for them. One they sorely needed. For Faye, at the very least, this were true.

As expected of a very seasoned Paladin, it seemed that Gorodir's eyes noticed the fact that Faye's armor and sword were too much for her. Their quality is good, that much is given, but at the same time, the amount of steel, or rather, the weight they carry, was hindering Faye from moving freely. She secretly wanted to replace it with something lighter some time ago, but decided not to because the set of armor was a gift from Master Ailill.

Now that she had a legitimate reason to shelf the heavy armor for a lighter one, she was actually relieved, in a way. "I'll get you back once I'm worthy, so wait for me!" was what she would say, if she were five or six years younger. Of course, she's grown over such childish line now. Absolutely. No doubt. At all. Yep.

Ten minutes walk later, the trio arrived at the blacksmith. And for the first time in eleven years, Faye remembered what it felt like to be poor. All the equipment were so damned expensive! Basic Leggings, 2 gold pieces. Crude Iron Armor, 6 gold pieces. A fancy (and cute-looking) Silken Gloves that stroke Faye's heart, 7 gold pieces. It was scary how expensive those items are.

In the end, Faye settled on the cheapest armors there were: a pair of Inferior Leather Breeches for 2 gold pieces, and a pair of Hard Leather Greaves for another 3 gold pieces. Why, you ask? There are three reasons. One, was because Gorodir explicitly stated that they will be fighting rodents. Protecting your arms and legs is important for that. After all, infection is a really serious problem in this age of strife where doctors' time is a very valuable (and rare) thing.

Two, was because Faye fully realized that she is physically weaker than most. Even in the academy, she often fell behind on practical class due to her innately frail body. Her only merit was her body control and speed. To bog them down with heavy equipment is downright suicidal, and taking that into account, she went for the lightest set possible. Heck, she would have gone with the cute gloves if not for the third reason, which is:

She needed to save up money to buy weapon. Faye was weak, and in order for her to be competitive in any situation, she would need a decent weapon to help her deal substantial enough damage to her enemies. Wasting too much money on protective gear and ending up with not enough money to buy a decent weapon is, in a way, more life-threatening than having subpar armor but better weapon.

With everything said and done, Faye addressed the blacksmith. "Mr. Blacksmith, I'm going to take these lovely greaves and breeches. If I were to add a sword to the basket, would you give me a discount?" she said in a rather childish tone. Whether that was intentional or not is up for debate.

"If I may, I'd like the best sword my remaining five pieces of gold could buy," she continued in her childish yet serious disposition. "Pretty please?"

OOC Info:

Spoiler

Edited by Crouching Bacon, 04 May 2015 - 12:21 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Arenthiel To'rah

Arenthiel was allowed in to the fine little place known as Silkrin, despite the strange Elf named Zulen almost blowing it for everyone. The young guard had become visibly concerned as the hilarious Elf had ranted and rambled at him. But luckily Arenthiel had managed to be let in despite it all. Which was nice. It would have been annoying to get turned away. Annoying and a little embarrassing. The young lad had given Arenthiel the perfect directions to follow, leading him straight to the tavern, and also asked him to take Zulen with him. A good opportunity for some more laughter perhaps? That would go well with some liquor. Arenthiel strolled on into town and made his way to the tavern. It wasn't until he got there than he looked back and realized the other elf Zulen hadn't in fact been following him. He had very few feelings about the loosing-the-other-elf situation, and only one thought."Eh, whatever. Can't really be expected to keep track of every awkward Elf I bump into can I?" With an excited grin, he entered the tavern.

As was common with all the Manus taverns he'd visited, the place hit him like a wave. The smell of smoke, cheap beer, sweat and possibly a little blood and vomit. A strangely pleasant smell when it all combined. Or perhaps it was simply a horrific smell that was associated with pleasant things. Either way, Arenthiel loved it and it instantly got him in a drinking mood. He walked on over to the bar-tender, a pretty young lady with lovely curls of brown hair flowing over her shoulders. Arenthiel took a seat on one of the rickety wooden stools and flashed her a grin. "Young lad at the gates told me you do a mean Fire Brandy. Figured I'd have to come and try it out." The pretty young lady gave him a smirk as if to say 'you won't be grinning in a minute' as she poured him a shot. As was tradition with shots, Arenthiel downed it in one. Instantly his mouth, throat and stomach were on fire. It felt like if he was to breathe on an open flame, his breath would catch alight. He shook his head to one side, slamming his hand down on the bar. "Gooah!" A short low laugh. "Well. That did not disappoint. Young man knows his liquor. HA! Damn. Phew. Keep that coming." He said with an excited grin. "Say, that reminds me, the lad at the gate, he said something about me helping the town? You know anything about that?"

Spoiler

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Geraint

Silkrin Village

Geraint awoke from his slumber just as dawn, still fresh in the dark early morning sky began to peak over the tumbling hills and stout treeline. He sat up and rubbed the left small of his back to feel a large, swollen mass of flesh that extended down his hip and to the side of his ass. Geraint could only imagine the twisted, purple complexion his lower side shined with; and would have thought his ruptured something internal were the pain not so clearly external. Geraint stood up from behind the bushes that hid his temporary abode and looked at the rode which lay only a few meters from him. No fire, no bedding, no food, not even a blanket. The horse had run off with everything but a collection of a measly ten gold coin that rest at his side in a tiny bag when it reared up and threw him from the saddle. Geraint put his shirt on as he approached the scene of the crime, thinking about his sword and kit that the equine beast ran off with. A vermin, cat sized and filthy, had ran out in front of Geraint and his cowardly steed as they closed in on Silkrin. His horse was spooked, throw Geraint to the ground with a hefty thump, and fled like the wind. It was all a very frank affair. The rat was in and out of the road, the horse was there then suddenly nowhere, and Geraint first up then down. Considering the horrid tales of injuries received by men being thrown from horseback, Geraint considered himself luckly. Sure, his horse, supplies, along with twenty gold worth of  blade and maille were gone; but at least Geraint still had 10 gold and two legs to stand on. What was even better, Geraint was quite close to Silkrin. He'd have walked to it the day before if not for the pain of his injury and nightfall closing in fast, but now that daybreak had arrived, Geraint headed offf down the road to his destination. It would seem that what was once a pit stop would have to become something of a temporary hub until he regained his bearings and earned more gold for his travels.

Geraint marched on at a steady pace, occasionally rubbing his backside. He knew he was close to Silkrin, not even a half day's walk away, and this fact only made him more determined. As Geraint reached the summit of a small hill, he found the eastern gate of Silkrin staring back at him. Geraint's pace transformed into a speed that sat beyond a march but below a jog as the taste of success filled him. He waved to the gate guard, getting little more than a brief look of acknowledgement then disinterest as Geraint approached. Geraint's first question was if he had seen a horse, then if he had seen a horse with a large sword and maille, then he amended his statement statement to "A horse carrying a large sword and maille on it's back, not outfitted with them" in response to the guard's confusion, then asked if the guard was sure several times. Seeing as how the horse apparently did not arrive at the gate, but was not found on the road by Geraint, Geraint decided that the horse was probably a lost cause and merely asked to enter the village. The Guard asked who he was, Geraint told him that he was Geraint. The Guard asked Geraint to clarify, Geraint said that he was "Geraint the Mercenary", the Guard asked if that was his name and/or title because he had never heard of "Geraint the Mercenary", Geraint elaborated that "Mercenary" was his profession not title, the Guard asked Geraint what kind of mercenary has neither weapon nor armor, and so Geraint retold his story of lost and injury to the Guard once more. After several iterations of his tale from the day before, and an uncomfortable silence that typically followed family arguments where one member stormed out after saying something that made everyone else feel bad about themselves and reconsider their world view that last for a few minutes, Geraint was finally admitted into Silkrin. Geraint made way to the armorer first, the Guard's criticism of a mercenary with no weapon or armor having cut oddly deep for what was a rather sensible and probably nonjudgmental observation.

Geraint arrived at the armorer just after two young women did and as a Qing seemed to be finalizing his transactions. To Geraint, it felt odd to be waiting inline at an armory like it was some sort of food cart. Geraint wanted to to start some small talk while waiting, but began to get the impression that the pair of girls may be somehow important. They seemed to higher-born air about them, and so Geraint kept his mouth shut and just waited his turn. He figured that he could ask the armorer for information of work as he bought his equipment. Obviously, a heavy blade was first on his list, then something to protect his torso because that is important. If he had any extra gold, his would flip a coin to decide between arm or leg protection.

Spoiler

Edited by Muninn, 16 May 2015 - 07:48 PM.

ezgif.com-resize_zpsxceqaae1.gif

Crimson Century: Bratumił

Edge of Destiny: Geraint

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Update 1.2.2

"The Light fills one with energy, nature washes away the fatifue. Empower!" Baru chanted, tracing runes in the air that then went and struck Yada. Making him feel healthier and stronger than before, washing away all the fatigue that he had accumulated after the perilious escape. He had been incredibly lucky to have found a man of Baru's capability.

Lysander meanwhile had offered his help which was politely declined by the older man. Though humans aged far more quickly than his kind, he could feel a feeling of wisdom emanate from the man in front of him. Someone, who had seen a lot in his short lifetime.

"No son, are you with this one. Do you need any help? My village is over the hill." he said to him calmly, Musa laid down next to Yada and covered whatever scars he was having.

Baru chanted something under his breath as the bandages displayed a green rune and Yada could feel a slight tinge of flesh being repaired.

"To what do I owe the luck of seeing your kind. Are you the divine favor that the prophecy foretold?" Shamu asked to his new acquaintances. By his body language he seemed like a man who'd happily invite a stranger to his home for a drink. They both could feel that sort of hospitality coming from him, maybe they should head towards his village. 

Solving its problem may help solving their own.

Spoiler

Update 1.2.3

Korgan's sharp ears picked a distant screeching coming from inside the mine, he hurried into the dark mine, ground partially visible due to some of the torches still lit. Brytva's tantrum had made the others panic too and that wasn't good for illumination. As he closed in on the sound, he could hear the unmistakable wail of a puppy. A wil filled with such sorrow that it may melt the heart of stone.

With righteous courage filling him, he rushed towards the sound and challenged whatever horror that plagued the little pup. 

He closed in on a pitiful scene, three 11ft Tinfangs circled the little pup who looked scared shitless. Wailing intermittently, mourning its soon to arrive death, their heavy bodies screeched against the mine surface, creating that awful noise, unmistakable to any miner. It was the sound of death or atleast loss of business. The mineworms were a ferocious breed. But Korgan wasn't a normal dwarf, no he was a legend. A hero, and hero show no fear.

[OOC]

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler