Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How to stop Saitama?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

darkspeed

darkspeed

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

*Directly get in to the topic*

Ok so we all aware of how fun to watch that op dude. i seen op characters before but those weren't fun.

But even though i'm totally ok with the whole concept i kind a wish to see how something able to stop -not beat or anything- him

He got that unlimited powaaah!!! But what would happen when a mind control ability appear against him? You wish to see something like that? What kind of power could stop him in your opnion? 

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

He would punch the mind control then the mind controller.

syLph

syLph

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Murata kind of fucked up when he let Boros kick Saitama into outer space. Sure, Saitama didn't take any kind of damage but apparently he's still being moved when hit so what if someone sends him into space again and the moon just doesn't happen to be there again since it's very unlikely? I always thought he survived kind of miraculously there but then again this scene doesn't exist in the webcomic.

Oh, and what about the mosquito swarm? I think Saitama may struggle against tiny opponents especially an enemy that could enter his body since he can't touch his insides, although this raises the question if anything inside Saitamas body can be damaged.

And then the question about the mind-controller would be how exactly that power works. ONE usually seeks some kind of pseudo-scientific explanation for all the powers (although not giving a shit about logical physical limits) e.g. the esper power of Fubuki and Tatsumaki were explained with these arrow-wave-things which have directions and everything instead of just saying they can do it cos they can do it. So yeah, the point is that Fubukis and Tatsumakis arrow-wave-things couldn't affect Saitamas body cos they are too weak and can't get in or something and that same issue would apply to the mind-controller guy too: what exactly does he sent out and can it even affect Saitama in any way or is he once again the only character immune to it?

Baldy

Baldy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Murata kind of fucked up when he let Boros kick Saitama into outer space. Sure, Saitama didn't take any kind of damage but apparently he's still being moved when hit so what if someone sends him into space again and the moon just doesn't happen to be there again since it's very unlikely? I always thought he survived kind of miraculously there but then again this scene doesn't exist in the webcomic.

Oh, and what about the mosquito swarm? I think Saitama may struggle against tiny opponents especially an enemy that could enter his body since he can't touch his insides, although this raises the question if anything inside Saitamas body can be damaged.

And then the question about the mind-controller would be how exactly that power works. ONE usually seeks some kind of pseudo-scientific explanation for all the powers (although not giving a shit about logical physical limits) e.g. the esper power of Fubuki and Tatsumaki were explained with these arrow-wave-things which have directions and everything instead of just saying they can do it cos they can do it. So yeah, the point is that Fubukis and Tatsumakis arrow-wave-things couldn't affect Saitamas body cos they are too weak and can't get in or something and that same issue would apply to the mind-controller guy too: what exactly does he sent out and can it even affect Saitama in any way or is he once again the only character immune to it?

Why would somebody not be able to move Saitama? He weighs 175 lbs max. Throwing him into space would probably do nothing since he can most likely hold his breath as long as he wants to or doesn't need to breath at all.
As for the mosquito swarm scaring him it was just played for comedy. It's a gag manga after all.

syLph

syLph

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Why would somebody not be able to move Saitama? He weighs 175 lbs max.

That's an argument that would work for reality but I don't think weight plays any role here — if we were to apply real physical laws on Saitama the entire manga wouldn't make any sense. In reality weight would play a role here as strength is partly determined by weight but in OPM we already know that Saitamas strength is uncomparably higher than any other characters strength and with that being the case I wouldn't expect him to fly away as he's being hit.

Throwing him into space would probably do nothing since he can most likely hold his breath as long as he wants to or doesn't need to breath at all.

Maybe (actually nahh), but as long as he doesn't get back to earth nobody should really care if he lives or not and I dare to say getting back should take him long enough to at least call it "stopping him".

As for the mosquito swarm scaring him it was just played for comedy. It's a gag manga after all.

That's correct, but the authors intention doesn't really play a role here. Saitama just failed to deal with it gag or not.

wafgar

wafgar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

i don't even know what kind of chara can beat saitama, i mean even he even cheering his god level enemies that can take his punch. no in terms of power maybe .

but in terms of intelligence saitama is pretty idiot who can fall to trap easily so probably somebody will xDD

Glueman

Glueman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Just control a legion of house-cats and call it a day.It will be "Super-Effective".

Pure Darkness

Pure Darkness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

hmm. well depending on how long you want to 'stop' him. even tatsumaki could stop him for a bit, until he gets serious and starts his usual 'breaking the laws of physics' routine. mind control might also have limited effectiveness but my guess is that he's just to simple for mind control to work. and the only mind control i would think for work for a bit would be and illusion like the underground creatures dream, where he finally thought he was having a real fight for a change, then that would probably hold him till the battle in his mind reached a point where his body started acting as well then he'll probabably take a chunk of the planet away with a punch or something, killing everything around him and ending the illusion.

since saitama still needs to breath- neither ONE nor murata have show otherwise- the only ways i can see him being 'stopped' for sure would be to try and drown him in the ocean (unlikely since he could probably pull a mosesx1000000000 and simply split the ocean open) or knock him into the void of space and hope he can't rape the laws of reality and 'kick/punch' empty space to move.

Death to Tsundere!!!!

DensetsunoshoujoA

DensetsunoshoujoA

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Special Sale Day.

No, wait..

Spoiler

mrbuhl

mrbuhl

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Murata d of fucked up when he lck Saitama into outer space. Sure, Saitama didn't take any kind of damage but apparently he's still being moved when hit so what if someone sends him into space again and the moon just doesn't happen to be there again since it's very unlikely? I always thought he survived kind of miraculously there but then again this scene doesn't exist in the webcomic.

Well even if punched into deep space and no physical objects were nearby Saitama would still be able to get back.

knock him into the void of space and hope he can't rape the laws of reality and 'kick/punch' empty space to move.

He wouldn't even need to, as you say, "rape the laws of reality". Every action brings an equal and opposite reaction. Even without any physical objects nearby he still has his own body. Exhale hard enough and you are essentially your own rocket. Or pick your nose and flick the booger in the direction opposite where you want to go. Of course it would need to be flicked at an insane velocity to move your entire body the opposite way with any speed but I think we can all agree that this easily falls within Saitamas abilities. Also brings up the possibility of a planet destroying lightspeed booger :-).

Edited by mrbuhl, 06 April 2015 - 05:48 PM.

sillywilly

sillywilly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

If anything he is still susceptible to anything that is sharp or peircing( The cat that scratched him and the mosquito that bit him.) When the lion monster was talking about gouging his eyes out Saitama immediately starts moving and kills him. When Sonic attacks with his sword, Saitama breaks it with his teeth instead of taking it like with the punches and blows he receives from almost all the enemies he's fought so far. So if an enemy appears who is as fast as Saitama and is holding a bladed/piercing weapon or fights in a manner that allows his/her attacks to be like blades, then Saitama will find the fight he's been looking for.

Edited by sillywilly, 15 April 2015 - 11:59 PM.

Zephyrion

Zephyrion

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Super Market sales, 70 inch plasma, netflix, and a bunch of consoles and games.

Guest_Steam_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Steam_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

The only option for stop him is to clone him.

But, the fight between two Saitama will just wipe out the universe... So don't do it.

Did gases and other chemicals weapons can affect him?

Nelsonizzy

Nelsonizzy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Murata kind of fucked up when he let Boros kick Saitama into outer space. 

Well i always assumed that saitama was allowing himself to be moved by boros' attacks since he was trying to go easy on him.

Why would somebody not be able to move Saitama? He weighs 175 lbs max.

I believe that Saitama is capable of simply stopping himself from being moved. There have been plenty of times where saitama was hit with a powerful attack and didn't even budge. I think it entirely depends on his level of focus, and whether or not hes serious about the battle. 

If anything he is still susceptible to anything that is sharp or peircing( The cat that scratched him and the mosquito that bit him.) When the lion monster was talking about gouging his eyes out Saitama immediately starts moving and kills him. When Sonic attacks with his sword, Saitama breaks it with his teeth instead of taking it like with the punches and blows he receives from almost all the enemies he's fought so far. So if an enemy appears who is as fast as Saitama and is holding a bladed/piercing weapon or fights in a manner that allows his/her attacks to be like blades, then Saitama will find the fight he's been looking for.

You could argue that saitama bit sonics sword out of sheer anger, but you are correct in that most instances of someone coming at saitama with a blade of some kind, even in the original webcomic, he's gone out of his way to avoid being hit. If it were a punch, he'd take it head on out of confidence. Perhaps he isn't sure how bladed weapons would affect him, and is simply acting cautious?

Did gases and other chemicals weapons can affect him?

No idea, it's never been tried. I like to believe they simply wouldn't work, or would just have a hilariously mild effect, like giving him a cold.

ozman

ozman

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts

it's easy guys,one punch man's end to

saitama find a full time job and a good girl.thats how to end it.believe me.

crazybunnies

crazybunnies

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

I'm not so sure this can be taken at face value, because I believe he dodges so his suit isn't destroyed. Saitama has mentioned before that he doesn't like his suit getting ruined and so while taking a punch is no big deal a bladed weapon is another story. As for the question of how to stop Saitama?  I don't think anything we have seen or know about (physics) is capable of doing the job; however One may very well introduce something and that is something to look forward to.

Quolete

Quolete

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

King actually defeated Saitama with an infinite combo...in a video game.

azbarimon

azbarimon

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts

I don't think he could be defeated, just delayed... Mentioning a sale (that he was interested in) might save you for a day or two >.>

sillywilly

sillywilly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

You could argue that saitama bit sonics sword out of sheer anger, but you are correct in that most instances of someone coming at saitama with a blade of some kind, even in the original webcomic, he's gone out of his way to avoid being hit. If it were a punch, he'd take it head on out of confidence. Perhaps he isn't sure how bladed weapons would affect him, and is simply acting cautious?

I think he avoids bladed/piercing attacks because he knows they can hurt him.

Here is Saitama scratching the bite he received from a mosquito. (http://vatoto.com/read/_/162323/onepunch-man_ch5v3_by_boon-scanlation/8)

Here is Saitama getting scratched by a cat and getting hurt. (http://vatoto.com/read/_/313086/onepunch-man_ch42.5_by_nerieru-scans/32)

I'm not so sure this can be taken at face value, because I believe he dodges so his suit isn't destroyed. Saitama has mentioned before that he doesn't like his suit getting ruined and so while taking a punch is no big deal a bladed weapon is another story. As for the question of how to stop Saitama?  I don't think anything we have seen or know about (physics) is capable of doing the job; however One may very well introduce something and that is something to look forward to.

He does mention that he doesn't want his attires getting dirtied/destroyed, but that doesn't change the fact that anything that's sharp or can piercing can hurt him. Those two link above are proof to such instances. Something as simple as a knife to the heart can kill him. It's just that he is so fast that no one(so far) is able to keep up with him and properly hurt him.

vapor

vapor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts

The best way to stop him is to find a cure for his baldness. Either by implanting, although it might fall right back out, or coming up with some type of product that regrows his natural hair. His powers are connected to his baldness. His hair follicles probably broke the laws of biology somehow.