Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How to stop Saitama?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Glueman

Glueman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Or maybe we can just wait for him to grow old?

He's not immortal right? 

Mageddon

Mageddon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

actually...

Philosophy. Saitama might be kinda stupid, but he is interested in things like "What is the point of being so absurdley strong" and other Questions. So talking to him about that could stop him for some time. Still if he believes you to be a danger after that discussion he might still just punch you in the face. Bringing food and inviting him to eat might also work.

ryowulf

ryowulf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts

The whole point of Saitama is that he can't be beaten. And he is unhappy because of that.  He is so strong nothing has meaning for him.  As for things like cat scratches, you could say he allows himself to be scratch. The same with flying into space. If Saitama didn't want to be moved, then he wouldn't be moved.

blink289

blink289

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Here's how you defeat him. But remember you have to push yourself to keep going no matter how tough it gets.

100 push ups

100 sit ups

100 squats

and 10km of running every day!

In three years you will gain the power to challenge him!

Jodanzuki

Jodanzuki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I didn't read the webcomic, so all of the information I have are in the manga-version, but... Isn't Garou the perfect answer for Saitama (so far)? I mean, Garou tries to be this big bad monster, but he actually has a pretty defensive style of fighting, instead of overwhelming opponents before they can do anything. If Saitama can't land a punch, he can't defeat his enemy.

....Don't ask me how to actually defeat him, tho'.

lazybear

lazybear

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I didn't read the webcomic, so all of the information I have are in the manga-version, but... Isn't Garou the perfect answer for Saitama (so far)? I mean, Garou tries to be this big bad monster, but he actually has a pretty defensive style of fighting, instead of overwhelming opponents before they can do anything. If Saitama can't land a punch, he can't defeat his enemy.

You're right actually that's a good point. Garou also has weaknesses though and he has no idea that Saitama is as strong as he is. He'll be way too focused on beating the S class heroes.

ukimix

ukimix

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBebop, in orbit around Jupiter

First at all, talking about plot, why to stop saitama? That's just nonsense. 

kagaya

kagaya

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Here's how you defeat him. But remember you have to push yourself to keep going no matter how tough it gets.
100+1 push ups
100+1 sit ups
100+1 squats
and 10km+1 of running every day!
In three years you will gain the power to challenge him!

This is how you surpass him.

/run

Natran

Natran

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I think different from you.

Saiatama has an overwhelming power and is not only strength, but speed (vs sonic), stamina, endurance and I wouldn't be surprised if he posses some kind of "psychic" ability too. Like he can, somehow, immediately judge how strong his opponent is and react with proper force (again vs sonic, tiger top + black top, the "thick skull" guy with the power armor). This is not something everyone can do.

Saitama killed Boros with a single punch, not even at full strength.

I don't see how Garou could even be compared to Boros.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

You do realize that this is a gag manga don't you?  Those two links do prove your point, but at the same time I can't take them seriously since they were made for comedic effect. After all in that chapter Saitama was incapable of killing one small mosquito and yet he could easily one-shot its master, who was many many times superior to one measly mosquito. 

Or for example, he's super strong, but somehow he struggles to hold his urine.

Oxybe

Oxybe

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I would say a nice massage chair in a rent-free apartment, a PS4, 60-inch plasma TV, Surround Sound headset, some needlessly long RPG, a small dev team dedicated to producing interesting content for all eternity and a direct line to the local take out & delivery place with no charges. Give him something to entertain him until dies.

Saitama is bored. He wanted to become a hero so he relentlessly trained under such harsh conditions as 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10km run every day. But when he finally became a hero he was too good at it. Imagine the job you're doing. Now imagine that all tasks you do are so easy you can do them with no effort or thought. The most thinking you do is "do I want to finish it now or do I want to order a pizza first?". This is Saitama. A man so bored with superheroics that keeping track of the sales going on at the supermarket and balancing his limited budget is providing more of a challenge to him.

Just keep the man entertained. Instead of trying to "beat" him, just remove him from the equation entirely. If the man's biggest worries are his rent and food (seeing as how he stays in the worst district of the city and once stopped a bank robbery because they took the last 20 yen to his name) solve them. If he's worried about being bored, give him entertainment.

Saitama is removed from the equation and we get a good videogame out of it.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Give him more credit. The best thing about Saitama, the thing that makes the series worth reading, is his attitude. How he never lets it go to his head, and he is always willing to help.

Think of how he took the blame as a fake with the sea king. Or how he pretended to be a police officer when he took down the monster that attacked the police station. Or how he saved that suicidal guy by pretending to just have happened to be having lunch on the same roof. Or even how he handled the blizzard girl.

Sure he is bored, but he is also wise, and kind. And it's that wisdom and kindness that makes this series great. No amount of entertainment would be enough to make him turn his back on people. (besides, he has access to video games that he enjoys, its not like he needs money to find entertainment)

ukimix: First at all, talking about plot, why to stop saitama? That's just nonsense.

Exactly, because of the reasons I already stated, he doesn't need to be brought down a peg.

Also, he gets lost etc. Which gives other characters a chance to fight and show their stuff, which is further more reason he doesn't need to be brought down a peg.

The other character with a great attitude in this series is License-less bicycle rider (who has a funny name, like many of the rest, lacks a license for what exactly? You don't need a license for a bicycle, which is the joke I bet) LBR is a true hero, even if his power is low, even equivalent to a normal human perhaps. Even though he knows he is weak, he never hesitates for a second to help, and always only does it for people, never for glory.

Edited by truepurple, 07 July 2015 - 12:10 AM.

nuknuk

nuknuk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

For the launching into space/black hole theory, it would probably not stop him. Space is not empty. If he could punch it hard enough, he should be able to accelerate himself in one direction or another. Considering he is Saitama, that is probably doable. He could also just spit really hard. That would be many orders more molecules so it would be even easier. Better yet, take off his shoe/glove and punch it really hard. He will fly back to Earth and the shoe/glove will obliterate whatever it hits.

For the drowning theory, he can probably hold his breath forever. He can probably last on anaerobic respiration indefinitely. If he can't do anaerobic respiration indefinitely, drowning still won't work, at least not in the Murata version. His serious series punch split the atmosphere. A single punch in the ocean would probably displace quite a bit of water to make place for the atmosphere.

For the sharp things theory, that definitely won't work. Sharp things don't hurt him. The espers in the story have thrown all sorts of rocks at him. Rocks are sharp too. He comes out fine. The cat scratch and mosquito bites were obvious comedy. His skin is impenetrable (so far). The theory of his skin being penetrable would only make sense if you think a cat scratch has more penetrating power than Geno's incineration cannon or Boro's attacks (which penetrated his ship/sent Saitama to the moon).

Mind control won't work. He would just punch the power before it reached his mind. His brain can probably mentally one-punch mind control powers. It would be easier to manipulate him through conventional means since he is an idiot.

I don't even think a clone will work. He is basically God. God can make a invincible shield as well as an unstoppable weapon. Saitama can one-punch himself.

Growing old probably won't work either. House of Evolution can reverse aging. If he doesn't do it for Saitama, Saitama can just punch time really hard to reverse the aging process.

The only theory that makes sense is to regrow his hair. That will be his downfall.

Edited by nuknuk, 24 July 2015 - 04:08 AM.

OnePunchedFan

OnePunchedFan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Garou isn't serious.

Wanpanman is all about baiting out expectations of a troup, turning it into a red herring, eating that red herring with cabbage in a hotpot and then beating your high score combo.   

JovanKo

JovanKo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Murata kind of fucked up when he let Boros kick Saitama into outer space. Sure, Saitama didn't take any kind of damage but apparently he's still being moved when hit

There are times when Saitama gets hit and pushed back and other times where he just takes it (ex. Boros vs. Sea King). And with that, why does Saitama bother to dodge attacks in the first place? Saitama was being pretty carefree with Boros, so I think that's why he let himself be thrown around like that. Its not like it was gonna affect him anyways. With Sea King it was a bit more serious, as his friend's life was on the line. 

My theory is that Saitama usually plays with his enemies, dodging attacks even though he doesn't need to, getting thrown around, etc. So it wouldn't be surprising if Saitama let himself be hit by Boros's attack and got launched to the moon because he underestimated the force of the impact. 

On another note, Boros is supposed to be the strongest being Saitama's ever fought, with the exception of maybe 

Spoiler
. In ONE's version, it didn't really seem like he was that much different from the others that Saitama has fought, so I guess to make it more dramatic and to show Boros's strength, Murata sent Saitama to the moon, something no other villain has ever done. 

nuknuk

nuknuk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

On another note, Boros is supposed to be the strongest being Saitama's ever fought, with the exception of maybe 

Spoiler
. In ONE's version, it didn't really seem like he was that much different from the others that Saitama has fought, so I guess to make it more dramatic and to show Boros's strength, Murata sent Saitama to the moon, something no other villain has ever done. 

Well, Saitama has never taken a fight seriously. He is always waiting for a worthy opponent, but it never pans out. After fighting with Saitama, Boros even recognized that he was not taken seriously. Being launched to the moon and being pushed 1 cm is basically the same thing for Saitama. If he cares enough, he can prevent both, but he has not cared about anything in a long time.

johnysone

johnysone

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

What about making Saitama punch himself? Wouldn't that be self-destruction ?

Just saying... :batoto_010:

combatmaster1o3

combatmaster1o3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 63 posts

What about making Saitama punch himself? Wouldn't that be self-destruction ?

Just saying... :batoto_010:

Probably not.

Well, Saitama has never taken a fight seriously. He is always waiting for a worthy opponent, but it never pans out. After fighting with Saitama, Boros even recognized that he was not taken seriously. Being launched to the moon and being pushed 1 cm is basically the same thing for Saitama. If he cares enough, he can prevent both, but he has not cared about anything in a long time.

All he cares about is getting his opponent to fight him at their full power. The only exceptions are if they take too long, are human(situational), or if Saitama is in a hurry.

There are times when Saitama gets hit and pushed back and other times where he just takes it (ex. Boros vs. Sea King). And with that, why does Saitama bother to dodge attacks in the first place? Saitama was being pretty carefree with Boros, so I think that's why he let himself be thrown around like that. Its not like it was gonna affect him anyways. With Sea King it was a bit more serious, as his friend's life was on the line. 

My theory is that Saitama usually plays with his enemies, dodging attacks even though he doesn't need to, getting thrown around, etc. So it wouldn't be surprising if Saitama let himself be hit by Boros's attack and got launched to the moon because he underestimated the force of the impact. 

Spoiler

All he cares about is getting his opponent to fight him at their full power. He is strangely extremely perceptive and understands what will make his opponents serous. This is the reason why he was so disappointed by Boros, to the point where he asked whether Boros was finished and they could end the fight. Boros talked big but did not really do anything to Saitama.

Alcion

Alcion

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Starve him via economic power. Just make all grocery stores around him sell 100x higher prices.

Crowfinger

Crowfinger

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Mosquitoes