Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

migs008

migs008

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts

I see you have moved location to a new thread. Still, congratulations, it is the best list I have seen to date ^.^

Anyway, I feel bad commenting without adding a recommendation, so here is my nomination for a the novel category:

The Bitterbynde Series by Cecilia Dart-Thornton.

Book 1: The Ill-Made Mute

Book 2: The Lady of the Sorrows

Book 3: The Battle of Evernight

I found it a little hard to get into, but was well worth it in the end.

Hope ur still working on that book of yours.

D Wolfin

D Wolfin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hope ur still working on that book of yours.

Always ^.^ I will be continuing it no matter what until it is done.

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK:

No Longer a Game

Chaos Online is heralded as the first ‘Hardcore’ VRMMORPG. Pain conversion is set at a staggering 75%. Graphical fidelity has been pushed to the limits without any censorship whatsoever. ‘Who wants to feel their skin melt from dragon fire?’ some asked as they dismissed it. Despite the popular belief that no one would play a game so close to reality, Chaos Online sold millions on the first day.
Fight. Suffer. Win.
Welcome to Chaos Online.

UPDATE:

• Kenja no Mago [Magi's Grandson]
  • Nidome no Jinsei o Isekai de [Second Life in Another World]
  • Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari [Legend of the White Kingdom]
  • Tilea no Nayami Goto [Tilea's Worries]
  • Avalon
  • Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha [<tentative title>]
  • //Purple.Jester

• Hunter Markell
  • Aoshi Jiuchong Tian [Transcending The Nine Heavens]
  • Ba Tian Leishen [Tyrant Thor]
  • Chi Gan Mo Jing [Wipe Clean After Eating]
  • Ni Tian Xie Shen [Against the Gods]
  • RPG Shijie You Zenyang [So What If It’s an RPG World!?]
  • Wangyou Zhi Daoban Shenhua [Virtual World: The Legendary Thief]
  • Wo Di Meinu Zongcai Laopo [My Wife is a Beautiful CEO]
  • Xiu Luo Wu Shen [Martial God Asura]
  • Yisheng Yishi Meiren Gu [One Life, One Incarnation: Beautiful Bones]
  • Gakusen Toshi Asterisk [The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water]
  • Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou [Demon King Daimao]
  • Marginal Operation
  • Persona x Detective Naoto
  • Sekai no Chuushin, Hariyama-san [Hariyama-san, Center of the World]
  • Dragon Child of Thunder.
  • Nova
  • The Demon Lord is Bored
  • Bitterbynde
  • Sanctaury

I'll add more fan fiction once I decide on a system to cut down the number of suggestions you guys are giving me. You realize I can't add the entire fanfiction.net site, right?

Concerning The Magi-Beast Babysitter, I'll add it once I locate the raws.

Edited by Xagnam, 14 April 2015 - 03:26 AM.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

TSC_GOTL

TSC_GOTL

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

@Xagnam: Mai Can Thai Thieu Binh is not the title of the work, it's the name of the author.

Translating a type of novel I have yet to see translated in the current translation scene: Chinese modern action webnovels with M rating.

Spoiler

Bad Translation | I make bad translation of bad novels with the help of bad people.

migs008

migs008

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts

I seriously wish there was a rating and voting system that goes with all the recommendations.

perspherspley

perspherspley

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSan Juan City, Philippines

This is just a link to the fourth book of Portals of Infinity.

You can find the link here.

top.jpg

Omnimessiah

Omnimessiah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

This is just a link to the fourth book of Portals of Infinity.

You can find the link here.

Oh yessss! I've been waiting ages for this one. Thanks ! 

ChouMasamori

ChouMasamori

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I have picked up https://choukun.wordpress.com/isekai-mahou-ha-okureteru/
Refer to my homepage.

caitnap

caitnap

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I found this book earlier and screamed a little instead. A proper book with vrmmorpg theme that's not jap.

The Leveller

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17852690-the-leveller

Nixy Bauer is a self-made Leveller. Her job? Dragging kids out of virtual reality and back to their parents in the real world. It’s normally easy cash, but Nixy’s latest mission is fraught with real danger, intrigue, and romance.

Nixy Bauer is used to her classmates being very, very unhappy to see her. After all, she’s a bounty hunter in a virtual reality gaming world. Kids in the MEEP, as they call it, play entirely with their minds, while their bodies languish in a sleeplike state on the couch. Irritated parents, looking to wrench their kids back to reality, hire Nixy to jump into the game and retrieve them.

But when the game’s billionaire developer loses track of his own son in the MEEP, Nixy is in for the biggest challenge of her bounty-hunting career. Wyn Salvador isn’t some lazy kid looking to escape his homework: Wyn does not want to be found. And he’s left behind a suicide note. Nixy takes the job but quickly discovers that Wyn’s not hiding—he’s being held inside the game against his will. But who is holding him captive, and why?

Nixy and Wyn attempt to fight their way out of a mind game unlike any they’ve encountered, and the battle brings them closer than either could have imagined. But when the whole world is virtual, how can Nixy possibly know if her feelings are real?

Gamers and action fans of all types will dive straight into the MEEP, thanks to Julia Durango’s cinematic storytelling. A touch of romance adds some heart to Nixy’s vivid, multidimensional journey through Wyn’s tricked-out virtual city, and constant twists keep readers flying through to the breathtaking end.

Edited by caitnap, 16 April 2015 - 02:21 PM.

migs008

migs008

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts

One more recommend for crossovers between Devil May Cry and Highschool DxD. 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10594533/1/Son-of-Sparda-DxD

I would rate this a only a little bit lower than "Demon amongst Devils" but only by a tad bit so that still counts as pretty damn impressive. Also, it's only at about 66K words so its not really that far along yet but at least its still being updated currently.

Edited by migs008, 17 April 2015 - 04:12 AM.

Lingson

Lingson

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

@Xagnam or other moderator of this thread:

I'm the translator of 'Wangyou Zhi Daoban Shenhua NEW [Virtual World: The Legendary Thief]' and I recently move my site to a new URL (you can check at the old URL that I also placed an announcement regarding the move).

Could you please change/update the link to the new URL? It is at:  http://www.lingson.com

Thank you.

Please visit my site: http://www.lingson.com (Currently translating ' Wangyou Zhi Daoban Shenhua  [Virtual World: The Legendary Thief]')

CaptainToast

CaptainToast

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hey, I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help
Me find a specific story (that I believe was posted on here)
It's basically about a guy who gets transported from movie to movie and gains points to upgrade himself or get items if he survives the movie.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Also thanks for starting this post OP, and all the people recommending. You're all amazing

jake1456

jake1456

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

think it was terror infinity

Bludflag

Bludflag

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Just remembered one light novel to recommend. Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu is a great novel, but I first watched the anime and went to read the Dai Densetsu( since Densetsu was covered by the anime, at least the major stuff was). A really great read and it just got updated, yahoo~

Synopsis from BT:

Ryner Lute, a tall and lean young man with black hair and languid eyes, is known as Roland's greatest magician, albeit his unmotivated appearance.

He is the bearer of Alpha Stigma, a type of cursed eyes that grants him the ability to analyze magical constructs instantaneously.

Accompanied by the beautiful swordswoman Ferris Eris, he was tasked by his best friend and the Hero King of Roland, Sion Astal, to embark on a journey in search of the Relics of Legendary Heroes.

Really vague, but you need to read more to find out~

More than 20 volumes translated( if we count only the main storyline, and not the side stories), but I have no regrets. Time to catch up with the latest chapters of it.

Caught up to The Games We Play in 3 days, damn that was good. Following it, but the story updates somewhere at 5 AM in my timezone( if I got it correctly, which I probably haven`t), atleast after midnight. Off to check out if I`m Still Here is good( Harry Potter FF).

A shame that school shall hamper my ability to speed read through everything. I wish it was summer ;_;

Pseudonymous_Existence

Pseudonymous_Existence

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationStanding behind you.

Just remembered one light novel to recommend. Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu is a great novel, but I first watched the anime and went to read the Dai Densetsu( since Densetsu was covered by the anime, at least the major stuff was). A really great read and it just got updated, yahoo~

Synopsis from BT:

Really vague, but you need to read more to find out~

More than 20 volumes translated( if we count only the main storyline, and not the side stories), but I have no regrets. Time to catch up with the latest chapters of it.

Caught up to The Games We Play in 3 days, damn that was good. Following it, but the story updates somewhere at 5 AM in my timezone( if I got it correctly, which I probably haven`t), atleast after midnight. Off to check out if I`m Still Here is good( Harry Potter FF).

A shame that school shall hamper my ability to speed read through everything. I wish it was summer ;_;

I just need to know.

Did the main couple get together yet?

Monuments may crumble,

And nations turn to dust.

The wheels of worlds may tumble,

Or grind until they rust.

wrathgod

wrathgod

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help
Me find a specific story (that I believe was posted on here)
It's basically about a guy who gets transported from movie to movie and gains points to upgrade himself or get items if he survives the movie.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Also thanks for starting this post OP, and all the people recommending. You're all amazing

http://a0132.blogspot.com/

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover
Thought that you guys maaaay or may not be interested in this. Which is a compilation of best selling LNs in 2015 so far and all-time.
I've always liked reading LNs, but I never realised it was such a big business too.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Lajamerr

Lajamerr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

For the web novel, "Route to Almightyness from 1HP", I downloaded it before the author removed it from ncode.

So if anyone wants RAW here's the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-nsTErF4iOUN0U0MThjSzNPYjQ/view

nobody8

nobody8

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

The black knight who was stronger than even the hero...  now has a couple chapters on a different site.    Flappy Teddy Bird.  Though I am not sure how far this person/these people intend to translate.

TheDefend

TheDefend

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

World Customize Creator
http://dreamsleeper87.blogspot.com/

started this year