Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Hexscape: A World of Darkness

WoD Ars Magica Magiiiiiiiic

• Please log in to reply
1368 replies to this topic

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Ehm, so if I understand well, the level of technology is the level of tech is the same as ours, but what's the everyday life like? Same as ours as well? Only that royalty thing changing?

Meaning, there's things such as cinemas, bookshops, schools, etc? Like ours?

Did you watch Code Geass? I'm using that as guideline how things work and look. 

Spoiler

Pure Croat, 10/10 xD 

(you really like Goran IvaniÅ¡ević?) 

Also, possible theme song for you:

Spoiler

Lyrics are somewhat generic, but it's a Croatian band called "mantra", so I guess it's kinda fitting for Croat-Indian mix?  :huh:

Edited by ANIMA, 18 January 2015 - 04:59 PM.

jhdesg.gif

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

Did you watch Code Geass? I'm using that as guideline how things work and look. 

Pure Croat, 10/10 xD 

(you really like Goran IvaniÅ¡ević?) 

Also, possible theme song for you:

Spoiler

Lyrics are somewhat generic, but it's a Croatian band called "mantra", so I guess it's kinda fitting for Croat-Indian mix?  :huh:

Did watch it, but I get the feel. I caught glimpses of it here and there... At worst, you'll just correct me...

Just another few questions, though:

For the whole shapeshifting thing:

1. Is it just one animal per person, or more than one?
  2. Does it need some kind of formulation, or is it some kind of "instinctive" transformation? (Ex: Can be triggered accidentally like in countless novels involving this type of power)
  3. Is it allowed for an unaware to have used his/her powers before, without knowing what those were? (Like the beginning of Harry Potter...)

Well, that's about it for now... Sorry!

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

@Nua: I'm still curious about your question about my char's name.

@Anima: Love you, mate. That one is really what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. 

Also, Yes I like Goran IvaniÅ¡ević. I believe his was the best serve in history.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

@Nua: I'm still curious about your question about my char's name.

@Anima: Love you, mate. That one is really what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. 

Also, Yes I like Goran IvaniÅ¡ević. I believe his was the best serve in history.

Marut is a 4th zen god from Kubera, that's why I laughed. You didn't notice? "Hoti Marut", you even used that one.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
This brings back memories of seven paths and the true Birth of Ace Faust, the true emolument of crazy. Lol it was fun as fuck. Misstroublepants and Anima remembers very well.
Spoiler

Chizzy

Chizzy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
Spoiler

Edited by dudeitzmeh, 18 January 2015 - 07:46 PM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
If I wanted to be a wraith, would that leave me with basic ghost skills or can I go all super wraith and do crazy shyt like possess bodies and be Danny phantom?
Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
So, the alchemist family. How, exactly, does their magic work? Is it meant to be like FMA, or something different entirely?

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

Or you know, like Talion.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Spoiler

Edited by KDPtheKing, 19 January 2015 - 12:41 PM.

Spoiler

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

Did watch it, but I get the feel. I caught glimpses of it here and there... At worst, you'll just correct me...

Just another few questions, though:

For the whole shapeshifting thing:

1. Is it just one animal per person, or more than one?
  2. Does it need some kind of formulation, or is it some kind of "instinctive" transformation? (Ex: Can be triggered accidentally like in countless novels involving this type of power)
  3. Is it allowed for an unaware to have used his/her powers before, without knowing what those were? (Like the beginning of Harry Potter...)

Well, that's about it for now... Sorry!

No need to apologize.

More than one animal per person, but not in the beginning. That's higher-tier of shapeshifting magic.

Instinctive, and then it almost becomes second nature.

Nope, and you will not be a parseltongue either! You will stand out though, in a way your character doesn't realize.

@Chizzy

Looks like Big Bro is in the arena. Accepted!

@KDP

While I kinda see why you need that female in the bio, just note that she's most definitely not a mage, and she doesn't see any magical power in you - whatever potential she sees in Campbell is going to be something else entirely.

Just clarifying, but other than that, I can accept it.

@Slice

Missed your question, sorry!

In regards to alchemy, half of it is like FMA, but it's a process - most of your stuff will be made from a laboratory, and while people now have magical abilities (something Mercere lacked when he designed true alchemy) and can theoretically do the FMA stuff, your lab work is always going to determine what you can do in the battlefield.

If that makes sense.

Edited by Ilyse, 18 January 2015 - 11:59 PM.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

"Shurima, your emperor has returned."

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Es fine with me Homie. Not sure what I could get away with so I kept it vague. I'll just say its mixed martial arts and all.
Accept dude!!
Spoiler

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

Uh, I thought I did in the previous post.

But I guess the "can" threw you off.

Let's make it official: you're accepted!

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
No I mean accept dudeitzmeh
Spoiler

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

I did.

That's chizzy.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I wanna see more characrer's
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Marut is a 4th zen god from Kubera, that's why I laughed. You didn't notice? "Hoti Marut", you even used that one.

Ah! I figured. But no, I didn't have the webtoon in mind when I named him. Maruts are minor storm dieties in Indian mythos and one of the 27 also goes by the their moniker. Marut or Maruti is one of the 100 names of Hanuman the "Monkey Sage" and the lord of Strength.

Interestingly, in a minor anecdote concerning the 'Ramayana', only when Hanuman realises his true name does he unleash the power hidden in him. That name is 'Marut'

Finally, in Islam. Harut and Marut were two angels sent by god as adjudicators for human actions and actions of people influenced by Shaitan and Djinns. Marut among them was known to use a specific strength and vitality enhancing magic and with divine strength could strike down foes.

So you see, my choice was more rooted in his backstory than anything else. :D

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Misty

Misty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNowheres That Are Islands

I will join this, although a character might not be up until tomorrow. 

tumblr_ni6jaspy7M1tgmuxgo1_r1_500.png

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

I will join this, although a character might not be up until tomorrow. 

take your time. With a flood of RPs, it seems it will start a bit slow. But never know, when the whole OMF squad arrives and we have ourselves an RP with a few posts in a blink xP

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

@Slice

Missed your question, sorry!

In regards to alchemy, half of it is like FMA, but it's a process - most of your stuff will be made from a laboratory, and while people now have magical abilities (something Mercere lacked when he designed true alchemy) and can theoretically do the FMA stuff, your lab work is always going to determine what you can do in the battlefield.

If that makes sense.

A little bit. Essentially, they can transmute things on the fly if they need to, but it's better if they prepare something beforehand. Could you give me some examples as to the kind of things I might do for lab work and how they would affect my battlefield capabilities?

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler