Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Hexscape: A World of Darkness

WoD Ars Magica Magiiiiiiiic

• Please log in to reply
1368 replies to this topic

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

DwqJWb0.jpg

Hexscape: A World of Darkness

Inspired by the White Wolf multiverse and the Seven Paths role-play

Prelude: Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

By moonlight, I like to practice my craft, sometimes underneath the roof of my house, better yet, the roof of the world – that is, the diaphanous clouds that hover in the sky. At other times though, I value the dark corners of my laboratory, candle melting away on top of my desk. The shadows like to dance with the flicker of the fire burning on top of the candle, jumping between dusty tome to empty flasks, yet tonight – the shadows seemed to dance only within the mirror that rested against the wall.

Tonight, I wish the sun were up instead.

I stare at the face within the mirror; it stares back. I make a funny face towards that face; it makes the same face back. I snarl to the reflection; it snarls back.

I placed my fingers against the cool glass, and brought my face close to the mirror. With an almost inaudible breath, I whisper.

“This was not my fault.”

The face within the mirror simply smiled in response, and shook its head. I back away as the surface of the mirror began to bulge forward, and time and space began to break down, all laws rendered obsolete as the figure stepped out from behind the glass door.

The doppelganger fit the definition – a mirror image of me that I held no power over. He walked around me at a leisurely pace, his arms folded across his robe of dark colors. He continued shaking his head, smirking all the while. My courage began to falter, and I couldn’t say what I wanted to say.

“You want to tell me to disappear, that I have no place in this world.”

I could only look at the demon as it began to look over the body it produced for itself, a form that was all too similar to mine. Feeling the beads of sweat running down my face, I quickly grabbed a small towel and wiped my forehead, taking deep breaths. However, a chill ran through my spine, and I slowly turned my head, my eyes meeting the glacial gaze of the demon I have undoubtedly created.

“Ask of me what you wish, Bonisagus, but do not compel me.”

Yet, I had no questions to ask, just a realization, a gnawing sense of fear, and the convincing thought that my life will end in just a few seconds. Perhaps the demon could spare me if I could ask a question, just any question. But I realize, that as a mortal being, no matter how much I toil within my studies of the unknown and the fantastic, there is no hope of a man understanding the mind of a demon. Resignation began to fill my entire soul, and I could only shake my head. The demon had expected an important question, but unfortunately, I have not found that question.

“I see.”

The demon was surprisingly quiet, and his voice held disappointment. What was he disappointed about? If anything, I was the one to be disappointed – but time wouldn’t allow me to have such feelings. The end is soon, and as the demon form of Bonisagus the Sorcerer placed his hand against my forehead, it was like all my senses dulled. My vision went black, and I felt myself fall from my seat.

Is this death? The feeling of time dilating, with each moment of my collapse to the floor slowing down to the point where a second began to feel like an eternity. The demon Bonisagus spoke, his voice ringing out loud.

“You are the first, Bonisagus – the first magician to exist in this world. But believe me, there will be many like you, and with a population of magician comes a society, an institution of law, order, and reason in one hand, and evil, chaos, and insanity in the other. But I, Vainamoinen, shall bring this to the world in your place, and bring change to the world and all of-”

But I heard no more.

Mythic Earth

Spoiler

What a Magical World!

Spoiler

The Houses of Hermes and Their Paths of Affinity

Spoiler

The Magician – That Is, YOU!

Spoiler

Edited by Ilyse, 22 January 2015 - 11:33 PM.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

"Shurima, your emperor has returned."

Chizzy

Chizzy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

Lookin' to join the Tytalus famm

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Well if I understood correctly, we are allowed to play people who haven't discovered their talents yet? In that case will you be assigning one judging from a bio we write?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

YESSSS

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Oh, so Easterners aren't stuck with just self-buffing, but now they can use any kind of spell with their tattoos? 

EDIT: Btw, do mages live longer than humans? 

Edited by ANIMA, 18 January 2015 - 10:22 AM.

jhdesg.gif

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Porbably house verditius or mercere

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

This sounds like fun... Hmm, it'll be hard to chose...

Guess I'll see how others approach this dilemma...

Well if I understood correctly, we are allowed to play people who haven't discovered their talents yet? In that case will you be assigning one judging from a bio we write?

I was wondering about this one as well...

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

In the Seven Paths RP (which this RP resembles very much) players were people who didn't know about magic world and they were introduced to it in the beginning of the RP. You still write down which house you are from, but your character IC doesn't know it before the RP starts. 

3-4 players were allowed to start the RP as members of main families and their character knew their houses and were more powerful.

jhdesg.gif

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Okay another question: Will there be a lot of fighting right from the start or not? I mean the poor rookies would have a hard time deal with that, heh.

Or the one from the... *checks name* Flambeau house. So my point is: Will we have to fight, or not? Because all he houses won't be that good at this. Will here be peaceful times as well..? Or peaceful jobs?

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Though this is not my RP, I think it's safe to say, from experience, that this will be battle-focused RP :D

jhdesg.gif

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Though this is not my RP, I think it's safe to say, from experience, that this will be battle-focused RP :D

Through my exp, I thought the same, cue to me asking.

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

Yeah, you still need to include which House you would be from even if you're unaware of the magical world.

@Anima

Pretty much, yes. Call it bias from me because I made a tattoo mage in the original Seven Paths RP, but I figured I wanted to do more than just self-buff, especially because it'd be too similar to what Merinita's magic basically is.

And yes, mages generally live longer. They also age much more slowly, but note that extending their lifetime and youth is a magical ritual. If you're unaware of magic, you'd age just like any other human being.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Yeah, you still need to include which House you would be from even if you're unaware of the magical world.

@Anima

Pretty much, yes. Call it bias from me because I made a tattoo mage in the original Seven Paths RP, but I figured I wanted to do more than just self-buff, especially because it'd be too similar to what Merinita's magic basically is.

And yes, mages generally live longer. They also age much more slowly, but note that extending their lifetime and youth is a magical ritual. If you're unaware of magic, you'd age just like any other human being.

Thanks Britza, I'll roll a character soon.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

@Anima

And if I want to be aware I need to be part of nobility/main family? 

jhdesg.gif

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 22 January 2015 - 02:41 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
Spoiler

Marut? Seriously?

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Marut? Seriously?

Yeah. Any problems?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

@Anima

Pretty much. You don't necessarily have to be nobility, but the quality of education is generally higher anyways, so I recommend going that path if you want to be aware.

@DR

So, um. The guy is a fighter in the underground fighting scene, if I read this correctly. It's safe to assume that he is currently unaware, yes? The last part had me a little confused. I'm gonna assume his Croatian father was a magi.

And the broadcast is just a OOC thing, it's not something your character should know about yet. Gonna have to edit that part out.

Just a little more clarity on the points above, and then you're good to go.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

@Anima

Pretty much. You don't necessarily have to be nobility, but the quality of education is generally higher anyways, so I recommend going that path if you want to be aware.

@DR

So, um. The guy is a fighter in the underground fighting scene, if I read this correctly. It's safe to assume that he is currently unaware, yes? The last part had me a little confused. I'm gonna assume his Croatian father was a magi.

And the broadcast is just a OOC thing, it's not something your character should know about yet. Gonna have to edit that part out.

Just a little more clarity on the points above, and then you're good to go.

okay thanks will edit that part out.

Also, yes his Dad will fall under the Eastern Magi I think.

Yes, he is unaware.

update: Edited

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Ehm, so if I understand well, the level of technology is the level of tech is the same as ours, but what's the everyday life like? Same as ours as well? Only that royalty thing changing?

Meaning, there's things such as cinemas, bookshops, schools, etc? Like ours?