Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera's Tv Tropes Page

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

PaperTiger

PaperTiger

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Has the trope http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GladHesOnOurSidebeen added for Yuta? Based on what the humans think of him as a valuable asset as a rakshasa on their side. 

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Kubera now has a trivia page! I've added some basic stuff, feel free to add any of the other trivia-related tropes that apply.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

Oookay.... So should we add "Younger than he looks" or "Older than he looks" to asha's entry? (Or both or something more appropriate?)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PortmanteauCoupleName: At the very least we can add GanTeo here, which is used even by korean fans...

Also on the Trivia page, we could add this http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanNicknameabout Alex. 

Something like "The community of Batoto nicknamed the God Kubera Alexander or Alex, after Leez's attempt to name him, to avoid confusion on the whole bunch of things/people the name "Kubera" can designate. Also because it sounds cuter."

And don't tell me Yuta didn't earn this one as of yet. Don't even try. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StalkerWithACrush

Edit: also this (putting spoilers for those who didn't read the last raw)

Edit 2: If we ever do a drinking game page...

For heavy drinkers: One shot each time Asha goes "..."

Edit 3: Someone reflected that it would lead to alcohol poisoning, so one sip. Two if it's someone else than Asha.

Edited by Nualie, 07 July 2015 - 09:49 AM.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Currygom, on her own, is removing tropes like: "Only Six Faces"; "Only One Female Mold".

While they were there but no longer here... how should they be dealt with?

(is there no place for former tropes and so?)

Can't decide

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Currygom, on her own, is removing tropes like: "Only Six Faces"; "Only One Female Mold".

While they were there but no longer here... how should they be dealt with?

(is there no place for former tropes and so?)

Err... I have absolutely no clue on what you're trying to say...

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Ah, they're tropes I passed through while I was surfing...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnlySixFaces

Characters have the same face except for hair and other put-ons.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnlyOneFemaleMold

Girls have the same body figure. Like One Piece and those it's said.

You know the sudden change in art around chapter "Falling Petals", right?

Stingy-Glasses' facial features are expressed well. And there is that... about Rana.

Even I don't gets those tropes' weird names; sorry.

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 12 August 2015 - 03:47 PM.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Ah, they're tropes I passed through while I was surfing...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnlySixFaces

Characters have the same face except for hair and other put-ons.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnlyOneFemaleMold

Girls have the same body figure. Like One Piece and those it's said.

You know the sudden change in art around chapter "Falling Petals", right?

Stingy-Glasses' facial features are expressed well. And there is that... about Rana.

Even I don't gets those tropes' weird names; sorry.

The name wasn't in cause, I was just confused on why you'd want to put them on Kubera's page, it's more of a cast of snowflakes...

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

More likely, I wanted to add tropes about the art change, when those reminded me of it.

Never mind, they don't really fit; I'll look for others...

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 12 August 2015 - 04:22 PM.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
Characters have always had pretty distinct designs, so those wouldn't fit... if it's about the art, we already have "Art Evolution" which might be what you're looking for.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
I do agree that Kubera lacks facial variety, but same body mold? You won't ever confuse Sagara's skinny board for Leez's figure. In fact, when Rana and Leez were next to one another, you could also get why Ran said that Rana wouldn't stand a chance if she were competing in the boob department. xD

Which reminds me, there's also Asha...

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Characters have always had pretty distinct designs, so those wouldn't fit... if it's about the art, we already have "Art Evolution" which might be what you're looking for.

Ah, thought so. 

A few things:

• Brilith's hair wasn't burnt off... It rot. Eww, Sagara. I like you but still, eww.
  • Rather than Giligan Cut, shouldn't it be Description Cut, since Saha is the one talking?
  • Agni taking a nap on Gandhal's meal star was actually Tierra's joke... Maybe it should be taken out...
  • Hmm, can Aeroplateau's vicinity be considered a Power Nullifier of sorts..?
  • To Sagara's Hero Killer, I think her killing Leez by smashing her against a wall counts, no? (She's really cursed with her kills... She wasn't joking about sura being unlucky... We could almost add this...)
  • She could also be considered a literal example of God Save Us From The Queen

Okay, I think that's all I've found for now... 

Edited by Nualie, 12 August 2015 - 07:54 PM.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

I was thinking about adding VillainousUnderdog  and VillainousValor  to Sagara. what do you guys think? About the first one, she was among the weakest non human character for over 150 chapters.

Edited by BehindTheLighT, 20 August 2015 - 08:05 PM.

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Also, I suggest we add something of the badass family to Samphati sometime. Maybe next chapter it'll be more clear.

I was thinking about adding VillainousUnderdog and VillainousValor to Sagara. what do you guys think? About the first one, she was among the weakest non human character for over 150 chapters.

Hmm. But Sagara's henchmen are strong, does it still count? Well i guess her first "fight" with Agni makes her count as one. 

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

well, riagara and co are badly outclassed by kasak/maruna/shess/yuta/samphati, so...

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

You know, to Asha's taking a third option, we could add what happened last raw chapter as a quite *literal* example. 

Also what happened in said chapter can go to nightmare fuel page as well... 

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

Could add "necormaner" to Sagara and "too dumb to live" to Lorraine.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

"too dumb to live" to Lorraine.

Unfortunatley she will probably live on XD we shuold create a new trope: "too dumb to let others live" XD

Kubera ITA

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Spoiler

Edited by Nualie, 16 September 2015 - 11:03 AM.

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

The YMMV page is surprisingly sparse for a series with such a long main page. Would anyone argue that this series might have applicable tropes like Ensemble Darkhorse, Fan Preferred Couple, Wangst, Family Unfriendly Aesop, Relationship Writing Fumble (for any romance that people might criticize the writing for), or War Ship?