Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera's Tv Tropes Page

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

this one is awesome, I'll add to God Kubera

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheChooserOfTheOne

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
To add for the finite page:
Hair trigger temper, roaring rampage of revenge, and unstoppable rage for Tak
Morality Chain (Ian for Tak)
Actually I am him: Tak being Taksaka
Heroic BSOD: when Ian finds out Tak is Taksaka
Half human hybrid: Kasak
More that I can't think of at the moment

I'm performing all weekend, so I won't be able to add anything until Sunday at the earliest. If people could help me with this that would be great...

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

Agni: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HotWings

Leez?: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NamedLikeMyName

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Agni: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HotWings

Leez?: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NamedLikeMyName

Agni's is fine, Leez's isn't because she's named after him, they don't just happen to have the same name.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

By the way, shouldn't we erase the entry on airi that says that she could have killed a rakshasa? It seems to much, and it isn't true anyway XD

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Grotesque

Grotesque

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationNot here.
Cleavage window for future Leez with the hide of bondage ?

tumblr_oqgy0s38HR1vmzl9wo1_400.png

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
I managed to squeeze some time in between performances, so I've done a little updating.
Added hot wings for Agni and cleavage window for Brilith (it doesn't quite fit for Leez since it's not enclosed as it states in the trope description), and fixed up Airi's entry.

Dreamtree

Dreamtree

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

"A massive flying creature made of energy, commonly a predatory bird made of fire" That doesn't describe Agni at all!

"Do Not Confuse With the food hot wings. Or, for that matter, with a hot character who just happens to have wings." Agni doesn't even have wings!

Leez got her name from her parents and was named after Kubera. 

"An individual has a perfectly unremarkable name, until someone unrelated, but happening to share the same name, becomes well known. This can lead to the namesake basking in reflected glory or plunging into Embarrassing Middle Name territory. Naturally averts the One Steve Limit."

1) No one mistakes her for Kubera the god.

2) Kubera isn't unrelated to Leez.

3) The name Kubera is very remarkable! 

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
Agni manifests fire wings during his fight with Gandharva, remember?

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

"A massive flying creature made of energy, commonly a predatory bird made of fire" That doesn't describe Agni at all!

"Do Not Confuse With the food hot wings. Or, for that matter, with a hot character who just happens to have wings." Agni doesn't even have wings!

Leez got her name from her parents and was named after Kubera. 

"An individual has a perfectly unremarkable name, until someone unrelated, but happening to share the same name, becomes well known. This can lead to the namesake basking in reflected glory or plunging into Embarrassing Middle Name territory. Naturally averts the One Steve Limit."

1) No one mistakes her for Kubera the god.

2) Kubera isn't unrelated to Leez.

3) The name Kubera is very remarkable! 

Fine for the name. I was just suggesting it...  But for the wings, Agni did have wings made of fire at one pint, so it fits.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
Plot triggering death for Ananta, maybe?

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Plot triggering death for Ananta, maybe?

Good catch, even if it should probably be regarded as unconfirmed.

Kubera ITA

Dreamtree

Dreamtree

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

Fine for the name. I was just suggesting it...  But for the wings, Agni did have wings made of fire at one pint, so it fits.

"Do Not Confuse With the food hot wings. Or, for that matter, with a hot character who just happens to have wings." He merely happened to create wings of fire for a little bit. I don't remember when he did but I sort of remember him with wings. 

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

"Do Not Confuse With the food hot wings. Or, for that matter, with a hot character who just happens to have wings." He merely happened to create wings of fire for a little bit. I don't remember when he did but I sort of remember him with wings.

The trope is about characters with wings made of fire, he can manifest wings made of fire (such as during his fight with Gandharva in Kalibloom).

Dreamtree

Dreamtree

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

The trope is about characters with wings made of fire, he can manifest wings made of fire (such as during his fight with Gandharva in Kalibloom).

"Dragons, moths and other winged creature shapes may also be used, up to Winged Humanoid." Its more about being a winged species. Heck Kasak fulfills more of the requirements than Agni. For the record, I disagree with a lot of the examples. -_- Whoever heard a moth with wings made of fire? Yet all the examples mention that wings are made of fire. The definition doesn't really work with the examples. 

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
I'll try to do some more comprehensive updating tomorrow, I have another performance tonight so I'll be busy.
If you guys have suggestions for general tropes, character tropes, or tropes for The Finite go ahead and list them so I can look through them later.
Subpages could also use some work, and Kubera should be added as an example to some of the listed tropes.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

We really need a more comprehensive summary for the description... the current plot synopsis is way too short and generic. I wanted to use tC's synopsis but copy/pastes aren't allowed, anyone want to help come up with a new one? (Also one for The Finite would be great)

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

Tried to expand on the synopsis on the main page, but even this is probably too brief and vague.

I've also tried expanding a bit on the "Characters" page, if only because much of it seems sparse at the moment (especially for the ten main characters, who probably would fall into far more tropes than I have the time and energy to remember).

A future addition of "WMG" and "Fridge" pages might be in the cards if only to spur discussion and point out details that only make sense when you take into account certain details that aren't explicitly pointed out (I suggest trolling through the arc guides and the "spoilers and trivia" sections).

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

The fridge page going to be long.

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

Given how long the Fridge pages for certain other franchises are (has anyone else seen just how detailed The Legend of Korra's page is?), it would only be fitting for a story like this one to inspire a lot of Fridge Brilliance, Fridge Horror, and the occasional Fridge Logic given the way it reveals information and foreshadows various twists, among other little things that might escape readers browsing through chapters.

Besides which, a long page is one with the appearance of being active, and that usually spurs people to check out a page (from personal experience in business and one TVT page I salvaged years ago when I had no life outside of school).