Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokyo Ghoul :re (spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Acernos

Acernos

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 283 posts

Akira is First-Class, not Rank 1.

thank you, those mistakes really bother.

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Looks like Touka (or Kurona) and Nashiro  .... Kaneki Haise and Akira

If you look at his hand, he snaps the fingers like Kaneki does. That's why I thought is him. 

Arletti

Arletti

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

If you look at his hand, he snaps the fingers like Kaneki does. That's why I thought is him. 

this is true, I want to believe Sasaki is Kaneki but if that person in the picture is Kaneki then how did Sasaki come to be? I have a lot of theories but I'll just wait to see what Ishida has up his sleeve.

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

this is true, I want to believe Sasaki is Kaneki but if that person in the picture is Kaneki then how did Sasaki come to be? I have a lot of theories but I'll just wait to see what Ishida has up his sleeve.

But I do believe that Sasaki and Kaneki are the same person. Maybe the one on the left is about the S2 of the anime or just something that Ishida draw because he wanted. Then again Ishida never does something without reason.

Edited by Takeshi, 11 October 2014 - 09:33 PM.

mellow yellow

mellow yellow

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Hi everyone, my first post here.

I don't know how you guys feel about it but it seems to me like Sasaki is not Kaneki. His personality seems much more like Hide's. Someone mentioned that this might be his true personality without any of his masks, the result of his inner peace that he achieved while fighting Arima. One can only hope I suppose... all I know is that I want Kaneki to be alive and the main character still.

queermo

Coralira

Coralira

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
I don't think Sasaki doesn't act like Kaneki. It's hard to say if he is a lot like Kaneki but it wouldn't be out of character for him to be Kaneki...

mellow yellow

mellow yellow

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Maybe not. I really hope he's Kaneki. And I hope he still has his kagune intact and everything as well.

queermo

Anddo

Anddo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I don't think it's Kaneki. His personality is something else entirely.

Kaneki is dead.

mellow yellow

mellow yellow

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,364 posts
I guess someone has to play devil's advocate. ..

queermo

Alys

Alys

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 355 posts

I also have doubts that Sasaki is Kaneki. I really don't have a good reason as to why though. Knowing Ishida, I'm just trying not to take things at face value, that's all.

Emblem

Emblem

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Location20th Ward

What about kakugan? That guys/girls right eye is black not left.

KqU6EA3.jpg

DorkingtonPugsly

DorkingtonPugsly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Saiko's my new favorite girl in the series. <3

Ishida's new twitter icon's a close up of her.

cestalia

cestalia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Yeah I did notice the similarities, but I don't think that means much?

Anyway I read the scanlation by imperialscans and it seems like Sasaki is way too similar to Kaneki to be him. I mean, knowing what a troll Ishida actually is, I doubt he'll make it THAT obvious. So believing Sasaki is Kaneki is probably another part of his trolling plan.

So far I believe this: 3 years after Kaneki's "end", a group of half ghouls appeared, working for the CCG and being watched over by doctors and the like. They're commanded by Sasaki, who's under Mado's command, and who's also close to Arima. So either Kaneki IS Sasaki, but brainwashed and starting over, or Sasaki comes from Kaneki, as in, he's a normal human and they gave him one of Kaneki's organ or something like that to turn him into a half ghoul.

Because seriously? Same heigth and weigth, and same age (19 + 3) ? That seems way too big, I'm not trusting Ishida anymore. 

Besides I don't remember Kaneki being that punny, but at the same time, the poor guy's life in TG was a tragedy from the beginning to the end so he never really showed that much humor.

At the same time, Amon and Kaneki were the two main characters on each side, and it would be ironical to turn Kaneki into Sasaki (a half ghoul becoming a ghoul investigator, a weapon to fight against his previous comrades) and Amon into a half ghoul (by Aogiri and Kanou, becoming one of the side he hated so much). That would be very ironical and horrible of Ishida...

Actually, Ishida can be that horrible, LOL ;w;

Maybe Hide saves Kaneki live, but Kaneki end up brainwashed or amnesia *I won't blame him, because he has gone through many shit. He wants to forget everything is understandable* and does not remember him. Because they are close, Kaneki *that I think Haise* start to have several personality like Hide because he does not remember well what kind of person he is before.

Or other person in YT say, Kaneki eats Hide. So Kaneki ends up has personality like him.

Thi-this is just my theory. So it can be wrong!

Edited by cestalia, 12 October 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

I'll need another chapter to tell what's up with the chapter titles, but I think the old #xxx[YY] pattern was changed into YY:x. It might also be that the chapters are now called "bones", but I'm currently leaning more towards the first possibility. If you read the titles of Tokyo Ghoul's last chapter and Tokyo Ghoul:re's first chapter and look for homophones, you end up at "cheekbone", which matches with Torso's appearance. (And the combined title itself would mean something like "grinded bone".)

BTW, will we move to Tokyo Ghoul:re's forum or will we stay here?

DorkingtonPugsly

DorkingtonPugsly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I wouldn't... Don't think a whole separate subforum was needed for :re honestly... 

So many people posting there I've never seen here lol

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

I suppose that I can say here what I said there. In the topic of "Discussion raw", I said that I was curious to why Ishida showed us the silhouette of Mutsuki's Teacher and I think I now know why, she's Touka. Or at least this is what I think.

akagodeater

akagodeater

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

I suppose that I can say here what I said there. In the topic of "Discussion raw", I said that I was curious to why Ishida showed us the silhouette of Mutsuki's Teacher and I think I now know why, she's Touka. Or at least this is what I think.

i think that's silhouette belongs to Ukina

beacuse it's time to connect the past with the present

(sorry for my bad grammar)

Edited by akagodeater, 12 October 2014 - 01:25 PM.

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

But as far we know she's dead. Or was said somewhere that she was still alive? 

akagodeater

akagodeater

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

But as far we know she's dead. Or was said somewhere that she was still alive? 

i think she's dead 
that's silhouette is only flashback
maybe ukina is writing an article about  Ghouls

(sorry for my bad grammar)

Edited by akagodeater, 12 October 2014 - 01:31 PM.

inthezone

inthezone

Potato

• Members
  • 153 posts

What silhouette?