Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokyo Ghoul :re (spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

akagodeater

akagodeater

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

What silhouette?

this

tumblr_ndaacq5Mv01u14tc0o1_500.png

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

i think she's dead 
that's silhouette is only flashback
maybe ukina is writing an article about  Ghouls

(sorry for my bad grammar)

Don't seem a flashback to me. 

Why Ishida would put a flashback there? 

inthezone

inthezone

Potato

• Members
  • 153 posts

this

tumblr_ndaacq5Mv01u14tc0o1_500.png

Oh I thought that was him at first. But I doubt it's Touka, she couldn't have become a teacher in 3 years no?

akagodeater

akagodeater

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

Don't seem a flashback to me. 

Why Ishida would put a flashback there? 

maybe i'm wrong

(they mix in with the crowd eating human flesh........Humans call them Ghouls) seems a monologue, i think that monologue from the new book of takatsuki sen
maybe Takatsuki used that monologue from diary of Ukina

it's only a theory 

sorry for my  bad grammar again

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Are the Japanese characters, when Mutsuki mentioned "the teacher" and when he called Sasaki "teacher", the same?

Can't decide

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

inthezone@ I'm not sure how it work, if I have to be honest. But I do remember that the Ishida took its time to tell us that she wanted to become a teacher. If I recall right she talk about this with the manager before the  raid.

Edited by Takeshi, 12 October 2014 - 02:09 PM.

Adoxe

Adoxe

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLondon

I wouldn't... Don't think a whole separate subforum was needed for :re honestly... 

So many people posting there I've never seen here lol

I was thinking this myself, although I've just started posting I've been lurking for a long time and barely recognised anyone in the other forum! 

Reading on here I feel like I have to re-read the chapter, I've missed on some things it'd appear. 

EragonLegend

EragonLegend

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts

I'll need another chapter to tell what's up with the chapter titles, but I think the old #xxx[YY] pattern was changed into YY:x. It might also be that the chapters are now called "bones", but I'm currently leaning more towards the first possibility. If you read the titles of Tokyo Ghoul's last chapter and Tokyo Ghoul:re's first chapter and look for homophones, you end up at "cheekbone", which matches with Torso's appearance. (And the combined title itself would mean something like "grinded bone".)

BTW, will we move to Tokyo Ghoul:re's forum or will we stay here?

I'd be moving to the new subforum since it makes more sense to talk about it in the dedicated forum. Moving this forum to the TG:re forum works too.
And I haven't seen the original raw, so I can't see the comparison you made with the format of the chapter titles. >.>

Edited by EragonLegend, 12 October 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Sasaki: "We as the CCG strive to... Solve all the ghoul-related cases around the world.

We are the one and only organization that carries out these operations"

... :o

Of course they aren't the only "human organization" involved in ghouls. GFG of Germany is also involved and I don't think they're part of the CCG.

Maybe the CCG got their hand full on the task of elimination ghouls, and if they're related to "V", then that's how they balance the world...

They aren't really doing the job properly and on purpose.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/277697/tokyo-ghoulre_ch1_by_imperial-scans/14

Imperial Scans do edit errors. Great.

Maybe what's more popular than tragedy is comedy :)

LOL

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 12 October 2014 - 03:43 PM.

Can't decide

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

What about kakugan? That guys/girls right eye is black not left.

I'm sorry,  I can't believe that I miss your post before.

You 're right, his/her kakugan is on the right.  That's mean that he can't be Kaneki after all I can't see Ishida make a mistake like this.

Also, I just noticed that the girl (the one that I thought was Touka) wears a waitress dress. Or at least that's what look to me.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

After reading the first chapter, do you think completing the previous Tokyo Ghoul is needed to enjoy this manga?

Can't decide

Nekohunter

Nekohunter

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I don't think it's Kaneki. His personality is something else entirely.

Kaneki is dead.

Wut? I really dont think so. He had what, 4 kagunes but there are 5 quinckes.

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

After reading the first chapter, do you think completing the previous Tokyo Ghoul is needed to enjoy this manga?

For the first chapter only? No. Even if it's hard to judge while knowing the previous TG, it's beginning like a normal manga, except that the names Arima, Akira, Hinami, Ayato and Shuu are familiar to us, while if we didn't know TG, we'd be all like "??".

It may be important for future chapters though! 

Edited by favole, 16 October 2014 - 04:24 PM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Let's wait for more chapter then :)

Can't decide

Franks

Franks

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Wouldn't it be better to move the topic on tokyo ghoul re page? I think we should differentiate the series' discussions .

bro-yoyo

bro-yoyo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Kaneki has a habit of touching his chin with his left hand when he's lying or feeling uncomfortable.

uimg008.jpg

uimg020.jpg

mmm Coincidence ????????????

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Seems like if we put "Tokyo Ghoul" away, the name becomes ":re" :mellow:
Weird

Also:

「:re」は、自分は「り」って読んでます。「れ」でも「あーるいー」でもご自由に…

From Ishida's twitter

Can't decide

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Spoiler

No, it probably isn't a coincidence, but Kaneki has never shown this habit before. Still, it's another hint that this is Kaneki, but for a different reason.
Fundamentally, Kaneki's own habit seems to be copying the bad habits of others who had a great influence on him. All his gestural habits seem to be copies:
  • He probably copied the chin-touching habit from his mother.
  • He copied Yamori's finger cracking habit.
  • And if Kaneki=Haise, Kaneki has copied Hide's cheek-touching habit this time.
Edit:

Seems like if we put "Tokyo Ghoul" away, the name becomes ":re" :mellow:
Weird

Also:

From Ishida's twitter

Ishida basically says that he pronounces ":re" as "ri" (like "reborn", "repeat", etc.), but that others are free to pronounce it differently.

Edited by Old McDonald, 17 October 2014 - 11:08 AM.

Uchiha_Raonni

Uchiha_Raonni

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

No, it probably isn't a coincidence, but Kaneki has never shown this habit before. Still, it's another hint that this is Kaneki, but for a different reason.
Fundamentally, Kaneki's own habit seems to be copying the bad habits of others who had a great influence on him. All his gestural habits seem to be copies:

• He probably copied the chin-touching habit from his mother.
  • He copied Yamori's finger cracking habit.
  • And if Kaneki=Haise, Kaneki has copied Hide's cheek-touching habit this time.
Edit:
Ishida basically says that he pronounces ":re" as "ri" (like "reborn", "repeat", etc.), but that others are free to pronounce it differently.

Don't know if i'm looking at it wrong but isn't that haise's right hand thats touching his cheek? Or is it because it's hide's habit that he freely uses whichever hand?

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Don't know if i'm looking at it wrong but isn't that haise's right hand thats touching his cheek? Or is it because it's hide's habit that he freely uses whichever hand?

That's Hide's habit. Hide tends to touch his right cheek with his right hand when he is deep in thought.

Edited by Old McDonald, 17 October 2014 - 12:55 PM.