Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokyo Ghoul :re (spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

A new thread for a new series, to avoid looking everywhere for spoilers and news about it. I'm starting, below are spoiler pictures from the TG event happening in Tokyo.

You've got Ayato, Hinami, Haise and Mado.

Apparently the scans for TG:re ch.1 will be out soon...

Also, a summary post of the characters introduced so far, with pictures: http://k1r15ut3g0m3n.tumblr.com/post/99700323734/tokyo-ghoul-re-characters-htus-far-will-update-as-more

Edited by favole, 17 October 2014 - 02:37 PM.

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

Here is the preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_1aEI2NhM8&feature=youtu.be

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Thanks, I couldn't find it with good quality!

Tokyo ghoul: re ch.1 scans : http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3345289379

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

I love the preview.

Also..

tumblr_nda1ipFpz51r27xuyo1_1280.png

I'm wrong or the two on the left are Kaneki and Touka? 

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

Did Ishida change his art style or is it just me?

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

It seems like it changed a bit, but I still find a lot of similarities with the last chapter's art style!

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

So I guess the CCG half ghouls are only allowed to use their Kagune in an emergency...like when their Quinque breaks.

Sneaky Ishida doesn't show Kanek...I mean Sasaki's Kagune xD and it seems Rize is back in the game :D

Was that Tsukiyama on the last panel? He looks horribly sick and thin :/

kakuhou

kakuhou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts

I am really curious, Ayato and Hinami..

Edited by kakuhou, 11 October 2014 - 01:30 PM.

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

I think it's Rize, but I'm not that sure. Same for Tsukiyama? What makes you think it's him?

However, I'm sure I saw Chie, Hinami and Ayato.

Also I'm quite glad to see Akira again, and as the "main character" (being Kaneki or not) 's boss. If he is Kaneki, that means Arima had quite a trust in Mado to give her Kaneki as subordinate. 

Ade_S

Ade_S

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts

Tsukiyama and Rize supassed the yandere level. Someone please send them to therapy.

EragonLegend

EragonLegend

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts
Offtopic: Wouldn't it be better if someone make the comic page for Tokyo Ghoul Re: and make the forum for Re: there?
I'm sure someone would be uploading scanlation for it sooner or later.

On topic: I like to hope Kaneki and Haise are two different people...at least I hope the Kaneki I know in Tokyo Ghoul is not the same guy as Tokyo Ghoul Re:

Did you guys know the person who did the PV is the same person who won the MAD contest?
His winning video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24168051

Edited by EragonLegend, 11 October 2014 - 09:32 PM.

DorkingtonPugsly

DorkingtonPugsly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I need the Japanese raw... 

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

I think we won't have them till the actual 16th...

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

No one noticed that Touka's special, blue-and-green, colors are in some of Sasaki's hair? In the cover picture.

Sorry about my bad English :P

Can't decide

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

No one noticed that Touka's special, blue-and-green, colors are in some of Sasaki's hair? In the cover picture.

Sorry about my bad English :P

Yeah I did notice the similarities, but I don't think that means much?

Anyway I read the scanlation by imperialscans and it seems like Sasaki is way too similar to Kaneki to be him. I mean, knowing what a troll Ishida actually is, I doubt he'll make it THAT obvious. So believing Sasaki is Kaneki is probably another part of his trolling plan.

So far I believe this: 3 years after Kaneki's "end", a group of half ghouls appeared, working for the CCG and being watched over by doctors and the like. They're commanded by Sasaki, who's under Mado's command, and who's also close to Arima. So either Kaneki IS Sasaki, but brainwashed and starting over, or Sasaki comes from Kaneki, as in, he's a normal human and they gave him one of Kaneki's organ or something like that to turn him into a half ghoul.

Because seriously? Same heigth and weigth, and same age (19 + 3) ? That seems way too big, I'm not trusting Ishida anymore. 

Besides I don't remember Kaneki being that punny, but at the same time, the poor guy's life in TG was a tragedy from the beginning to the end so he never really showed that much humor.

At the same time, Amon and Kaneki were the two main characters on each side, and it would be ironical to turn Kaneki into Sasaki (a half ghoul becoming a ghoul investigator, a weapon to fight against his previous comrades) and Amon into a half ghoul (by Aogiri and Kanou, becoming one of the side he hated so much). That would be very ironical and horrible of Ishida...

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Eto may be more interested in the human Amon...

It would be very scary if Sasaki isn't Kaneki  :mellow: .. Because that would add "one more thing" to the supernatural genre.
I mean, It's really hard to believe how both Kaneki and Arima share the same birthday, and how both of them resemble each other...
And now another one?! :o

Can't decide

Boolossus

Boolossus

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 264 posts

Eto may be more interested in the human Amon...

It would be very scary if Sasaki isn't Kaneki  :mellow: .. Because that would add "one more thing" to the supernatural genre.
I mean, It's really hard to believe how both Kaneki and Arima share the same birthday, and how both of them resemble each other...
And now another one?! :o

Pretty much, yeah. See, for the most part, Ishida keeps us thinking he'll twist things around, that we shouldn't trust what he says because he'll throw us in for a loop. But what if that's the entire point? After all this time, we've gotten used to believing things aren't what they seem, so it'd be more shocking if something is truly what it seems like for once. And it avoids so many issues. The mystery stops being if he's Kaneki or not, but why he is with the CCG. The possibilities seem endless, and I'm leaning to believe the shocker will be there rather than the character's identity which Ishida has made obvious.

As for Amon... While there could be some serious irony in Amon turning into a half ghoul as well, I'm thinking Eto will indeed keep him human. I feel you're right about Eto being more interested in the human Amon, he probably is being held to constantly satiate Eto's curiosity. I do wonder if he'll get his arm back somehow, though. I'm sure Kanou will do something with him, though, going beyond the idea of half ghouls. Quinque arm, anyone? That could be kinda cool.

hopeandlight

hopeandlight

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts

I love the preview.

Also..

tumblr_nda1ipFpz51r27xuyo1_1280.png

I'm wrong or the two on the left are Kaneki and Touka? 

Looks like Touka (or Kurona) and Nashiro  .... Kaneki Haise and Akira

Acernos

Acernos

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 283 posts
doubt, in the scan translated, Akira is listed like ranking 1, but in summary it is as a first-class, which one is right?

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Akira is First-Class, not Rank 1.