Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

RE: More DMCA ._.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth American Jungle - Brazil

1. Dont reply to DMCA take down notes from http://www.removeyourmedia.com they send trillions of bullshitted take downs to nyaa  and other anime sites for no reason.

2. Move this site off of America soil

3. Stop giving a fuck about DMCA by moving this server from time to time.

4. Stop removing borderline hentai and keeping fujoshit shit

5. stop being a pansy group of shit heads that can't realize If you do everything everyone wants no one ends up with what they want.

6.4chan says HI

2 - I agree with that. Grumpy himself has even talked about a breach when he said ''Unless you happen to be in Western Sahara and never agreed to the whole international copyright thing.'' Just move the server to Western Sahara and don't give a flying fuck.

4 - That's one of my only problems with batoto. Why remove ecchi stuff? It's up to who reads. Why allow yaoi and fujoshit when it's the counterpart of straight ecchi? It just doesn't seem to make sense.
6 - ayy lmao

The licensed manga is released on paper, yes? Paper can be shipped all around the world.

What if I don't speak the languages it's been released on? Anyway, the only company who should have the right to ask someone to remove their work is the source company, the japanese editors.

After OneManga closed down the sales of manga increased by 20% in the US, but the content holder may not be losing anything, but it's his work that is being distributed freely without his consent. The philosophy that asserts the wrongness of theft becomes viable here. It shouldn't matter if the content holder is losing anything.

Do you have the source of that info? I don't buy it, because it doesn't make sense. Scanlations make the work more accessible, and when it is officially released in your country you buy it to support the mangakas you like.

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

Hany-uu

Hany-uu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I want to beat the hell out of those guys at horriblesubs, who hacked mangatraders. Now batoto is also a goner. Wish i had superman powah.

Aurega

Aurega

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVI-scans

A dump of chapters removed would help, I'm sure i would write a script to go through them and pull out manga titles. 

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Just move the server to Western Sahara and don't give a flying fuck.

I'm not sure you get what kind of country is western sahara...

Again, this isn't a discussion about the laws. I've already stated that before law, it is our policy. Our policies on how we choose to deal with copyright claims have been set day one of Batoto and it hasn't changed, nor is it going to be changed.

mirmonkey

mirmonkey

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

RIP in peace batato, you were a scholar and a gentleman and we lost you too soon.

I guess it is time once again to migrate, to seek out a new bastion of manga greats. 

I fear I am growing too old for all this travelling though, my eyes grow tired, but... fear not. I will persevere. 

See you all on the other side. 

-anon

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis

This topic is really hot right now.
It's not like it's the end of the world when manga titles/chapter got removed in this site.Grumpy did it because of the internet ethics or policies as i can see from how this website operate and the purpose of scanlation in first place:to bring manga media to the world.
I can say,the scanlation teams did a very good job in booming the manga industry outside of Japan with their manga scanlations.
Some of them even got licensed so that the mangaka can produce more 'wonderful' work eventhough they would only get 10-20% off their whole sale.
Why bitching?You guys already have a good fill.Don't be such a greedy bastards who pay nothing to read on someone's work.I don't care if i sound hypocrite,but truth is truth.
i'm in an art major and i know how painful it is when i see my work that i sweat blood,tears and money to become free.

Edited by HXIII, 19 September 2014 - 04:38 AM.

"I will say them once we meet again. Until then, I will never give up. Even if everyone says you're dead… even if the spells show you are dead… even if your grave stands before my eyes, I won’t believe it. I’ll wait for you for the rest of my life. But, even that won’t repay the thing that you did to me. I will call you back to life. Even if I’ll be called stupid, I will wait for you. With all my being, I will deny your death."

Louise Francoise De La Valliere to Saito Hiraga 'grave'.
Taken from Volume 8 Light novel translation in BakaTsuki.Thank you for these translation,BakaTsuki Staff!

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

RIP in peace batato ...

I don't know why people are saying this... METI's target is 500 titles according to their press release. We have about 10,000.

mirmonkey

mirmonkey

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I don't know why people are saying this... METI's target is 500 titles according to their press release. We have about 10,000.

These are the end times, fear not though, I will climb over your corpse and keep going, for your sake as well as mine.

You will never be forgotten.

May you RIP in peace ;_;

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

I'm not sure you get what kind of country is western sahara...

Again, this isn't a discussion about the laws. I've already stated that before law, it is our policy. Our policies on how we choose to deal with copyright claims have been set day one of Batoto and it hasn't changed, nor is it going to be changed.

What's the problem with western Sahara? Just find a server in there online and host the site there. Just have a backup in case shit happens. I don't see why keep this police when there are breeches that make it perfectly legal to maintain the comics online. And what about the ecchi stuff? No words on it?

Edited by Gappy, 19 September 2014 - 04:56 AM.

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

ChiPsiUp

ChiPsiUp

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

Can I just ask specifically about Hi Score Girl? Did you receive a takedown notice from the manga publisher?

Or is this because of the lawsuit SNK has against Square Enix for using their game characters in the manga without license? Because that's a pretty flimsy reason for removal if so. 

linkkit92

linkkit92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHolyland of the Poutine

I am going to guess that the removed titles are those that are sold on Crunchyroll. Although I haven't verified if it's true, I am pretty sure all the titles there are being removed from Batoto at the very least.

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

Is there a list somewhere on Batoto of all series that have been deleted along with the specific reasons why they were removed from Batoto, whether it be for reasons of inappropriate content, request by the scanlator team, or request by the publisher?

It shouldn't be too hard to set up an alphabetical list of such series , should it?

Or at least put a comment in the series description on its page with the reason it has been dropped.  That alone would help us understand and accept it a bit easier when we look for an update to a series and find some or all of the chapters deleted with no reason  given.

Edited by PervySageChuck, 19 September 2014 - 05:35 AM.

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

Blastoutmaria

Blastoutmaria

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
Welp. Back to the old fashion DL from scanlators.
Its tedious reading them staring at the screen but at least I dont gave to lose them and keep finding them.

Btw, Monster Musume is totally gone. Fml

Edited by Blastoutmaria, 19 September 2014 - 05:44 AM.

homogenized

homogenized

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

2. Move this site off of America soil
3. Stop giving a fuck about DMCA by moving this server from time to time.
4. Stop removing borderline hentai and keeping fujoshit shit
5. stop being a pansy group of shit heads that can't realize If you do everything everyone wants no one ends up with what they want.
6.4chan says HI

Kids don't know anything but think they know everything, think their opinion is always the opinion of the majority, and all while repeating the stupidest things they heard. This is the real reason why adults want to restrict internet access to them.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

What's the problem with western Sahara? Just find a server in there online and host the site there.

For starters... there is no internet in western sahara...

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

But we can't give up! We gotta row, row, fight the powah! Okay, I give up, I just don't think we should just bow down so easily. There's gotta be something we can do.

jqpyyw.png

Spoiler

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

You know, the fact that they even left early chapters is getting overlooked here. This is an interesting strategy.

What they're doing for SOME series is leaving some earlier chapters of manga available for longer series, and then only removing recent chapters for them. This keeps the interest garnered from manga fans who read new series on the net, but still makes you buy the manga to read the story.

If they do this right (from a business standpoint), this could end up being the future of the manga publisher/scanlation host site relationship.

powerline

powerline

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
If they do this right (from a business standpoint), this could end up being the future of the manga publisher/scanlation host site relationship.

They could have done it right a long time ago if they started exporting to countries without reliable manga title distributors or take advantage of the business models F2P games like DOTA have and take advantage of internet readership. These companies have had enough research about this subject, I've been hearing about this BS since 2007. If they're still doing research, they'd have wasted more than what piracy screwed them over.

All this does is hurt a title's chances to get known overseas. Imagine if what you said really happened, that most titles get early chapters because most of the later ones are gone.

"This is a nice book. Let's check it out if it's for sale. I want to buy it."

*Translations are still on Volume 1 for the past 5 years and counting. There are 6 volumes out already*

"Well, time to forget about it and move on to a title that's either not DMCA'd or is being translated fast."

If they were looking for a business model that screws the readers out of content and themselves out of profit, they've found it right here.

Haven't they seen anime conventions? Where people are willing to spend for their hobbies? Cosplaying is very expensive especially quality ones. There's a lot of art out there being bought for undeserved prices. Heck, in countries that don't have manga distribution we still buy anime-related materials.

It's really terrible what this has all become. Japan has rightfully screwed themselves over, Batoto has bent over for a DMCA order that they shouldn't have followed in the first place, and a lot of people need to realize America's laws don't apply anywhere else except for their embassies. Just because it's written in English doesn't mean only Americans read it.

Halo

Halo

Potato

• Donator
  • 171 posts

The take down requests are made per chapter. So, it's not like they're giving me a list of titles. And sorting through the last ~5000 chapters removed to see which titles isn't all that pleasurable right now. Though I imagine I'll figure a way to compile a list later.

Last removed batch involved titles with:
http://pastebin.com/cY2TVLNr (this is not a full list)

Thank you.

Suggestions:
It would be nice to somehow distinguish affected titles in the catalog itself. A simple "some chapters were removed due to DMCA" in the description, with a link to a full list on pastebin/forum_post.
For removed series add "DMCA" into titles. Not pretty, but at least one can easily see banned manga in the "my follows" list.
Something like this:
Spoiler

Dazleeon Cylen

Dazleeon Cylen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Is this somehow related with what happened to nyaa? some new copyrights campaign for jp gov?

Edited by Dazleeon Cylen, 19 September 2014 - 07:40 AM.