Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Codex Regius

• Please log in to reply
1320 replies to this topic

Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Shots fired

tumblr_namydvOZ551sc66cvo1_500.gif

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Umm, not to be that guy, but it honestly strikes me that if SAO is as high on your shit list as it appears to be, then this is REALLY the wrong RP to be joining...

Not sure how my displeasure with SAO would be of any consequence. Not the same plot. Not the same characters. And not even built in the same manor. Unless I didn't get the memo and King Kirito is actually participating. Even so, I think that it would be even more fun for me if this is a fanfic of SAO built into a RP

For Jod's consideration, I put forth Seoyoon's evil spirit cousin :D

Perhaps my darkest character till date. Iblis is like a baby in front of her.

Doctor, why is it that the like button can only be clicked once? Damn that character be cool.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Doctor, why is it that the like button can only be clicked once? Damn that character be cool.

Danke!

Also, personally I like the whole idea of fanfics translated into RPs. I mean, i am not a fan of HP and his shenanigans but I can see myself RPing in that world. Same for Resident Evil and Doom. Heck, we already have a fanfic on Resident Evil running here. :D

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Heck, we already have a fanfic on Resident Evil running here.  :D

*Cough* I don't know what you are talking about....

Also, personally I like the whole idea of fanfics translated into RPs. I mean, i am not a fan of HP and his shenanigans but I can see myself RPing in that world. Same for Resident Evil and Doom.

I am fascinated by the whole idea of VR. I don't like SAO, but I would love to RP in the 'world' of SAO. After the first few episodes, which I enjoyed due to the look at the psychological features of VR (cool) I feel the characters in SAO were stereotyped. I don't think this RP would be like SAO in that fashion, because it has multiple people writing each character separately. Each one has their own motivations, and each one is controlled by a person with different perspectives. Now if a "Kirito" did appear in this RP, ie perfection, it would be because of great writing, which I would be amazed by.

Hopefully I cleared the air a little, and didn't come off as too much of an ass.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Not sure how my displeasure with SAO would be of any consequence. Not the same plot. Not the same characters. And not even built in the same manor. Unless I didn't get the memo and King Kirito is actually participating. Even so, I think that it would be even more fun for me if this is a fanfic of SAO built into a RP

Because this is a setup that, unless I mistake, is heavily based on SAO. Personally, I tend to steer clear of RPs that draw inspiration from something that's earned my ire, because I find it typically results in my displeasure with the inspiration material mixing with my desire to enjoy the game like oil mixes with water and it tends to pollute the whole thing. But then, that may be just me.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

Work in progress.

Spoiler
[/spoiler]

Edited by Juro, 21 August 2014 - 03:23 PM.

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Because this is a setup that, unless I mistake, is heavily based on SAO. Personally, I tend to steer clear of RPs that draw inspiration from something that's earned my ire, because I find it typically results in my displeasure with the inspiration material mixing with my desire to enjoy the game like oil mixes with water and it tends to pollute the whole thing. But then, that may be just me.

I understand where you are coming from then. But I already boarded the HYPE-train! I like inspiration for the world of SAO; I don't like one-dimensional characters. But I know that Feisty, X, and Dr. all write their characters with depth from the time that I have participated in Sanctuary. So, as long as there is more than one writer, I think I'll have fun

@Juro

Sorry, but is that a girl?

Edited by Socrates, 21 August 2014 - 05:41 AM.

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

Yup. Or I could make a very effeminate boy instead. Not sure just yet.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Here is someone I hope it works

Spoiler

Btw I think my avatar looks to be of higher level, I believe I should get 20 extra levels

Edited by kiddeadpool, 21 August 2014 - 06:50 AM.

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Time to run through a few CS's

I think I have everything right.
Spoiler

Everything is all right and dandy, just a few questions, mostly clarifications and such. Crippling Strike is a stun, or a critical/penetration type skill? For the quarterstaff what do you mean by Mobility, ease of use ?  

Might as well follow the trend,

Spoiler

Is accepted!

About the pre-made party thing, personally, i'm okay with it. It makes things overall much easier for Jod to update the groups rather than having to update everyone individually. 

Also, Submitted for Jod's review:

Spoiler

Its alright just a few things, I know what tectonic satellite is, but can you expand a bit on Bloody Thorn.. Regarding your weapon if you want it to be controllable, add the attribute Control to the weapon..

For Jod's consideration, I put forth Seoyoon's evil spirit cousin :D

Perhaps my darkest character till date. Iblis is like a baby in front of her.

I'll tell you straight out, the RP is set in a more cartoony world, think less SAO and more in the lines of Kingdom Hearts. I understand you want a dark character, but it doesn't fit in the kind of setting I am envisioning, so it would be great if you could make the character more PG-13, As it is now, the theme of the character is unacceptable..

Here is someone I hope it works

Spoiler

Btw I think my avatar looks to be of higher level, I believe I should get 20 extra levels

accepted

Edited by Jodgod, 21 August 2014 - 07:06 AM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Asor al ed Ergnas

Asor al ed Ergnas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Location001 Cemetary Lane

Diab.

Bukkake/Gangrape doesn't make a character dark.

To focus your entire premise around rape is not only bad, it's disgusting to me as a person. I know this isn't my RP, but there's a multitude of ways you can change this. Especially since though Jod has given people a ton of freedom, it's not a good idea to abuse it. Especially when this is more of a lighthearted story.

A dark character has an antagonist that gives you chills, events that link together that drive your character to madness, or even tormented by mistakes of their past. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, these are qualities a dark character can embody. And While I think it's neat how you did the police reports, I really think another direction could be more preferable.

Edited by Sangre de la Rosa, 21 August 2014 - 07:02 AM.

8TXGLPU.gif

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Bukkake gangrape

DR
Ever seen the movie "I Spit On Your Grave"?
This sounds just like the chick in that movie just Japanese and more guys are dead
Spoiler

Linx

Linx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

More of a stun / debuff. I was thinking location based effects, like a leg hit will add a slow, one to the arms affecting dexterity or aim.

Not so much ease of use, but rather something speed based, like dodge, but more universal. When he's using it to fight he can vault around or something similar.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Hello friends. I will be forming a team with Rogue and Vaffy-kins because we are all very handsome and draw the ire of many jealous suckas.

Our team name may or may not be Sucka Free Sunday, though let it be known that in our group we are sucka free every day of the week, and not just Sundays.

Spoiler

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Woooo
Question

When it comes to abilities and leveling, I assume we will level pretty quickly?

Btw, I am a free agent for hire here so if you want me on the team, but ask
Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

More of a stun / debuff. I was thinking location based effects, like a leg hit will add a slow, one to the arms affecting dexterity or aim.

Not so much ease of use, but rather something speed based, like dodge, but more universal. When he's using it to fight he can vault around or something similar.

Ah, okay, I'd be great if you could just add a short description to Cripple Strike, so that I can check on it if I forget. Also Accepted!

Hello friends. I will be forming a team with Rogue and Vaffy-kins because we are all very handsome and draw the ire of many jealous suckas.

Our team name may or may not be Sucka Free Sunday, though let it be known that in our group we are sucka free every day of the week, and not just Sundays.

Spoiler

Accepted!

Woooo
Question

When it comes to abilities and leveling, I assume we will level pretty quickly?

Btw, I am a free agent for hire here so if you want me on the team, but ask

You'll level slow, but will get a lot of items

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
here you go jod

(i'm co-GMing this by the way guys)

my character here (jod pls review XD):

Spoiler

and then some example NPCs (will make some needed ones later):

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

that should be it?

Edited by Viscoun, 21 August 2014 - 08:54 AM.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

"Grump Brute"... so, in short, "Grute"?

Edited by Slice, 21 August 2014 - 08:23 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

"Grump Brute"... so, in short, "Grute"?

he is grute

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Why all the decimals? I'm so lost in your character's abilities viscoun.........

Wtf is all that arcanite winde stuff and all thie extra stats and details and your everything?
Spoiler