Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Codex Regius

• Please log in to reply
1320 replies to this topic

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

portals_7th_heaven_by_ivany86-d6m22w2.pn

Codex Regius

George is sitting in front of his TV, situated in a rather quaint little living room, skimming through the channels. However it is quite clear that he isn’t really paying attention to whatever it is that was going on the screen of the telly. After All today was the day it would arrive, and the TV was just another way to bide his time. The day was a Wednesday, normally George would already be in his car on his way to work that is if it was a usual Wednesday. He looked anxiously at the time on his personal HUD provided by his implant. It told him that it was 7:30 AM.

“It should already be here dammit” He muttered . The endless tick tock of the clock on the wall was starting to drive him crazy, he had no idea why he bought it, and at the moment he thoroughly regretted his decisions. Like many things he owned, the clock was rendered oboslete by his  implant. Just as the clock struck 7:31, his door bell rung. It took nearly took all his self-control to not make a mad dash for the door.  After a minute, which consisted of him grabbing the package from the deliveryman and placing his thumb on the verifier, followed by a frantic scramble to lock his door back up.

Too impatient to go back to his living room, he tore off the brown packaging, to reveal a simple black box, with the words ‘ Codex Regius’ inlaid in silver script.  Opening the box, he found a small booklet, and a cube the dimensions of a sugar cube. This cube was black as well with several silver, lines etched across its surface, forming into a complex circuit like arrangement.

There lay what he had been waiting for, the data cube(dc) for Codex Regius, the VMMO of the century, the most cutting edge, realistic, diverse game created till date. The game was touted to be so lifelike that, they actually had to reduce the accuracy of the simulation, otherwise there was a high chance of developing psychological problems amongst the players.

The game was so anticipated that it  was selling like hot cakes two years before its release. Today, was the release day. After spending some time staring at the dc with an awed expression, he ran into his bedroom, where he picked up his Gear, his terminal to the world. The Gear looked like little blue box, with a few status leds embellishing its matte plastic surface, with a small optical fibre cable attached to it. He slotted in the dc and put on the Gear, and plugged the cable into a little slot hidden behind his ear.

Link Start” He whispered….. With a kind of whirring noise, the device came to life. First went his sense of touch, then smell, taste, then sound and finally sight. All his senses faded away leaving him in a metaphorical abyss. However just as quickly as his senses disappeared, they snapped back in an instant, as if the world had just blinked back into existence. This was called as the warp by veterans of the Gear, and had a tendency to cause dizziness on those unaccustomed to it...

He found himself in a white expanse with no end in sight, the ‘start lobby’ was quite simple. In most of the other games the start lobbies were quite fancy, many times more so than the game itself. Slowly in front of him a small blue light coalesced from nothing, about the size of tennis ball. This was followed by a voice, which seemed to come from no direction in particular…

“Welcome User, it appears that you are unregistered, beginning registration process”,The voice was that of a woman, it was the kind that you couldn't help but trust…..

“Please select, character name”

Without a second thought, “Jabberwok”

“Character name set to Jabberwok, please select character race”

Suddenly, the ball of light split into several solid figures, each with a small translucent window describing the race of the figure , and so on and so forth…

Labrynth

Spoiler

Junction City

Spoiler

The Realms

Spoiler

Character Creation Kit

Spoiler

Edited by Jodgod, 21 August 2014 - 05:33 AM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Visitor

Visitor

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location--

Well, would you look at that..

x.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
nicely done jod XD

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Much interest

Can't wait to see when its all added, you're still working on it right? :P

Edited by I-Am-X, 19 August 2014 - 02:22 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
Yespls

tumblr_namydvOZ551sc66cvo1_500.gif

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Much interest

Can't wait to see when its all added, you're still working on it right? :P

Yeah a few things are still to be done... mainly the items and some other stuff

qEZtZafl.png

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Yeah a few things are still to be done... mainly the items and some other stuff

Ah, I see

Question, when this thing does start, I know we put how we get the game and get on, but other than that, how much does our characters 'actual life' come into play in this RP? Are we strictly limited to our characters actions from within the game? Or at a specific point we mention them logging off and doing something else (like sleeping or eating or whatever) before coming back online? Curious because when I first began reading I assumed it was going to be something along the lines that we get trapped within the game like Log Horizon or Sword Art Online but that wasn't the case when I finished.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Ah, I see

Question, when this thing does start, I know we put how we get the game and get on, but other than that, how much does our characters 'actual life' come into play in this RP? Are we strictly limited to our characters actions from within the game? Or at a specific point we mention them logging off and doing something else (like sleeping or eating or whatever) before coming back online? Curious because when I first began reading I assumed it was going to be something along the lines that we get trapped within the game like Log Horizon or Sword Art Online but that wasn't the case when I finished.

Yeah, the characters real life does come into play, though, it largely revolves around in-game stuff

qEZtZafl.png

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Posting definitive interest!

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

About our Avatars Jod, are they going to be restricted to only Humans?

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Any race , from robots to fairys

qEZtZafl.png

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Huzzah, i've got an avatar in mind then.

Since the rp i used it in died after a few posts.

woo

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Any race , from robots to fairys

THE DRAGON

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Legendary moonlight sculptor o.o

Interest noted. :D

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Legendary moonlight sculptor o.o

Interest noted. :D

woo glad you know about LMS! 

qEZtZafl.png

Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Do we have to post a picture of the Real World appearance?

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

yeah,gives me a better feel of the player OwO

qEZtZafl.png

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I honestely don't think our characters real life appearance matters much.

Actually I think it would be better if we left it anonymous. It would be kind of like .hack//sign. Just obsecure the characters real life persona and just focus on the game character and the times where you do something in real life, it can play off by hiding the characters face or whatevr.

yeah,gives me a better feel of the player OwO

or not.

Shucks, guess i'll have to hunt down a picture to serve as its real life picture. Something normal looking...hm..

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

A RP where I can write about the implications of VR while making fun of SAO!?

A YES PLZ!@!!@!

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

I'm in.