Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Recommendations] {ARCHIVE}

recommendations

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

BloodRedStone

BloodRedStone

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Got some recs. All these are book 1 of series.

Road to Magic by Alexey Glushanovsky: http://www.amazon.com/Road-Magic-Demon-Series-Book-ebook/dp/B00BCQN0A8

The world that Glushanovsky paints is wonderfully-saturated with elements from all over the fantasy genre—though this is not simply a tale of sword and sorcery. These classical fantasy figures are well-executed and have the sensibility of a seasoned Russian fantasy novel, especially since this is part of a tetralogy previously published in Russia. Readers of George R.R. Martin, Raymond Feist and Stephen R. Donaldson will adore THE ROAD TO MAGIC.

There are exciting parallel narratives at work in THE ROAD TO MAGIC. On one level we have the handsome playboy Oleg Davidov as a modern-day college student; on another level we have Oleg the demon savior of the princess; and on another level, Oleg the monster hunter. Like Harry Potter, Oleg was once a normal boy until he is magnificently transformed into something supernatural, which is later used as a commentary/comic relief tool once Oleg is a demon. That’s what you get when you dabble in magic with a demoness. Rarely does Oleg ever approach the world of fantasy as an outsider—in fact he feels right at home in that world. After Oleg resolves the princess’s plight, he then takes off to learn magic at the university—but not before Oleg can slay some monsters in a few Herculean feats on his way to becoming a student of magic. Readers will also learn a lot about Russian pop-culture from reading THE ROAD TO MAGIC. The complex story, moving along at a brisk pace, presents an intelligent take on the nature of fantasy gods and the human relationship to both gods and monsters.

Glushanovsky expertly draws raw, compelling characters with depth and surprising twists. No one is more real than Oleg, the multi-dimensional main character who is one of the most original and engaging characters you’ll encounter. Glushanovsky's references to pop-culture gives the book a fascinating window into the youth of today. It's one of the many things about THE ROAD TO MAGIC that sets the book apart from all the Tolkein and Robert Jordan clones that have flooded the fantasy market. This, plus the strong character of Oleg, gives the book a delightful and engrossing feel, making it a totally unique work of fantasy.

Notice: Only book 1 has been translated and there are no plans for the rest of the series to be translated because sales aren't high enough, which frakking suck but I still recommend it.

Into The Abyss by J. Langland: http://www.amazon.com/Into-Abyss-Demons-Astlan-Book-ebook/dp/B00JCJ9X3A/

Turns Out: The "Demon Weed" actually IS a Gateway Drug!

Who knew? Tom Perkinje certainly didn't. He had never smoked anything in his life, but as the new kid in town trying to make friends he foolishly let his new buddy Reggie talk him into trying a joint that he'd picked up from a new dealer.

Before he knew it, Tom was having a seriously bad trip; a total out of body experience where the world had dissolved around him. The next thing Tom knew, there were these deranged myopic wizards from some place called Astlan calling on him in some sort of pig Latin mumbo jumbo. They had somehow mistaken Tom for a demon! He tried to flee but the wizards were relentless and were determined to conjure him into their world and bind him as their demon slave for all of eternity!

And these crazy wizards? Turns out they were going to war and planned to use their new demon slave as a secret weapon to obliterate the enemy!

Jenn was a journeyman Thaumaturge at Lenamare's Academy of Wizardry. School was a living hell. Oh, she was learning a lot, thanks to Master Trisfelt, but the Head Master and Head Mistress were insufferable egomaniacs. Head Mistress Jehenna seemed bent on making Jenn miserable with her unrealistic demands and eviscerating criticism.

If this was not bad enough, the Head Master, Lenamare, had gone and got in a squabble with another wizard, Exador, and now Exador was marching his army on the school.

And to top it off, during what was supposed to be a routine classroom demonstration on demon summoning, Lenamare and the class had stumbled upon what they had thought was a minor demon and tried to bind it.

Unfortunately, it was definitely NOT a minor demon. It was a Greater Demon, something so powerful and Evil that they were almost never conjured onto the Planes of Man. Naturally being Lenamare, Lenamare insisted on trying to bind it to his will so he could use it to destroy Exador and his army.

So the question was: Would Exador's army ravage and kill her, or would the school's newest defense consume her immortal soul?

Notice: The book description makes it seems like Jenn is a main character in addition to Tom, but really Jenn is a supporting character.

Fimbulwinter by E. William Brown: http://www.amazon.com/Fimbulwinter-Daniel-Black-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00KZ41LHM/

Summoned to a world in the midst of apocalypse, Daniel Black would have his hands full just staying alive. Add in refugees, desperate soldiers, scheming nobles and a pair of thoroughly wicked witches, and life is going to be very busy indeed. Good thing he has magic of his own to even the scales. But will even that be enough?

Warning: This novel contains graphic violence, inventive sex, unconventional opinions and a protagonist who has no interest in being normal. Read at your own risk.

Notice: Think Mushoku Tensei but without the reincarnation theme and with more sex. Also, this is not a full length novel, but a novella.

Edited by BloodRedStone, 25 August 2014 - 02:31 AM.

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

thoso 2 dont have a translation but just for inform that they exist:

ore to Kawazu-san isekai horouki web novel: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3882ba/

To Aru ossan no VRMMO katsudouki web novel: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2797bm/

just for curiosity xagnam what comand u use to change the link to "raw"?

Edited by Kuroganekai, 25 August 2014 - 04:07 AM.

"Yami yori kuraku shinen yori udeshi,Sou kagaku no hikari otosu yami"

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

bess101

bess101

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

VRMMORPG

Only Sense Online [OSO]

Elysion Virtual Region

Translation by Krytyk here

Prologue [OSO] and chapter 1 [OSO]

I give my thanks to krytyk for the latest [OSO], great job :batoto_010:

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus
just for curiosity xagnam what comand u use to change the link to "raw"?

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

VRMMORPG

Only Sense Online [OSO]

Elysion Virtual Region

Translation by Krytyk here

Prologue [OSO] and chapter 1 [OSO]

Thanks, it's been added.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

i mean like: medifia.com/xxxxxxx ,will be this if a i post,i want knwo u i post an link and change the name,like i click in "raw" and i go in the website

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

Water-091

Water-091

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Is there anyway we can beg Sky to keep translating...I was hoping someone would translate that one!

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

i mean like: medifia.com/xxxxxxx ,will be this if a i post,i want knwo u i post an link and change the name,like i click in "raw" and i go in the website

Oh... You want to know how to link hyperlink text using BBCode? Here you go:

RAWS | Re:Monster――Shisatsu Kara Hajimaru Kaibutsu Tensei Ki―― [Re:Monster――Monster Reincarnation starting from being stabbed――]

[url=http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1782t/][b][color=#ff0000]RAWS[/color][/b][/url] | [url=http://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3dgjAyK3_qRdVhEaXl3Q3lGOUk&usp=sharing]Re:Monster――Shisatsu Kara Hajimaru Kaibutsu Tensei Ki――[/url] [size=2][Re:Monster――Monster Reincarnation starting from being stabbed――][/size]

That, or just type your desired text, highlight the selected text with your mouse, click the image of the chain-link with the green + in your reply options (Link), input your desired URL into the open URL field, and then hit OK.

XrO2U3z.png

Exct

Exct

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Got some recs. All these are book 1 of series.

Road to Magic by Alexey Glushanovsky: http://www.amazon.com/Road-Magic-Demon-Series-Book-ebook/dp/B00BCQN0A8

Notice: Only book 1 has been translated and there are no plans for the rest of the series to be translated because sales aren't high enough, which frakking suck but I still recommend it.

Into The Abyss by J. Langland: http://www.amazon.com/Into-Abyss-Demons-Astlan-Book-ebook/dp/B00JCJ9X3A/

Notice: The book description makes it seems like Jenn is a main character in addition to Tom, but really Jenn is a supporting character.

Fimbulwinter by E. William Brown: http://www.amazon.com/Fimbulwinter-Daniel-Black-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00KZ41LHM/

Notice: Think Mushoku Tensei but without the reincarnation theme and with more sex. Also, this is not a full length novel, but a novella.

Google books version

Into The Abyss by J. Langland

http://books.google.ca/books?id=qJ0zAwAAQBAJ&lpg=PA489&ots=eDb98uhsEy&dq=into%20the%20abyss%20demons%20of%20astlan&pg=PA19#v=onepage&q&f=false

Edited by Exct, 25 August 2014 - 10:46 PM.

Tensaizz

Tensaizz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Tsuyokute New Saga chapter 2 is up now too ^^

http://tensaitranslations.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/ch02-the-town-of-rimaze/

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Parts of that preview are omitted.

Yes, yes, thanks for the update.

XrO2U3z.png

greeeed

greeeed

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

here another good reincarnating webnovel

"There Was a Cute Chick in the Hero Party, so I Tried Confessing"

Ch1: pastebin.com/2VHRkVUX
Ch2: pastebin.com/96jrbSyb
Ch3: pastebin.com/zGgeaCpB

raw: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2959bs/

Edited by greeeed, 26 August 2014 - 02:47 PM.

ChaoticCod

ChaoticCod

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 449 posts

So, just finished reading chapter 76 of Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. And, at the end of the chapter, I was like...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOWWOWOOOOO

My god

Wow.

I know some people were upset at how much the MC gets shat on at the beginning, but things really turn around for him around the 70th chapter. Man. I'm sure the re-drawer for the manga version of the story would be extremely delighted at the turn of events. Extremely. Delighted.

Spoiler

Edited by ChaoticCod, 26 August 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

So, just finished reading chapter 76 of Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. And, at the end of the chapter, I was like...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOWWOWOOOOO

My god

Wow.

I know some people were upset at how much the MC gets shat on at the beginning, but things really turn around for him around the 70th chapter. Man. I'm sure the re-drawer for the manga version of the story would be extremely delighted at the turn of events. Extremely. Delighted.

Spoiler

u can read Mchine Trans,whitout burn up u brain? u are my hero!!

18.jpg

15.jpg

ChaoticCod

ChaoticCod

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 449 posts

Yeah, you can get the meaning with patience (which I've got a lot of), although you may lose a lot of the nuance in some of the text. Additionally, the language in Tate no Yuusha is a bit more difficult for the translators I use to, well, translate. Compared to R:M, anyway.

Anyway. At chapter 87. Raphtaria's character....REALLY went in an unexpected direction.

Spoiler

Edited by ChaoticCod, 26 August 2014 - 06:35 PM.

bess101

bess101

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

No Hero is currently translated by Prince Revolution!

which vol1 recently finished.

Reincarnation, comedy, fantasy tag

Title: Chen Yue Zhi Yao / 沉月之鑰
Lit. Translation: Key of the Sunken Moon
Original Language: Chinese

Here the link for the novel Girrafe Corps

just click +read for the chapters

reanseih

reanseih

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Oh, if including Chinese novels I know quite a few good ones. Too bad not a lot of translations.

Stuff by 蝴蝶 - She writes pretty good alternate world stories. All of them make up a single large world portrayed from different time periods.

蜂舞 by 貓邏- VRMMMO. If you search it up, there's a few blogs that still have the web novel version up. It's currently getting published, so already taken down from the author's blog.

神魔變 by 白夜 - Fantasy, to be honest, all of her novels are really good. Hopefully someone translates them sometime. Oh and, it's currently getting rewrote and reissued. The original's already completed on web, and sequel planned release after version 2 finishes up. So far, she's my fav author. XD

Stuff by 御我 - Yu Wo's pretty famous by now right? I think most of her novels are already translated. Her latest one on a zombie apocalypse is pretty good. She has a pretty useful hub for links to other authors as well. It's in her sidebar, under 走走看 > 創作者.

殺手 by 九把刀 - Assassins, bit like short stories. I know I saw the author on first place in various author listings. Only read one of his novels though.

Edited by reanseih, 26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM.

@ Re:Monster Link Hub | Database (Glossary)

Sniter

Sniter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSwiss :D

This tread is amazing, so much stuff to read and Google translations to burn my eyes on. GLORIOUS

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

here another good reincarnating webnovel

"There Was a Cute Chick in the Hero Party, so I Tried Confessing"

Ch1: pastebin.com/2VHRkVUX
Ch2: pastebin.com/96jrbSyb
Ch3: pastebin.com/zGgeaCpB

raw: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2959bs/

If this is presented in a collected manner, I will add that series. Thank you. *hint*Idon'twanttoaddeachchaptertothepage*hint*

No Hero is currently translated by Prince Revolution!

which vol1 recently finished.

Reincarnation, comedy, fantasy tag

Title: Chen Yue Zhi Yao / 沉月之鑰
Lit. Translation: Key of the Sunken Moon
Original Language: Chinese

Here the link for the novel Girrafe Corps

just click +read for the chapters

No Hero has already been added to the list. It is placed after Eclipse Hunter. I appreciate the new source, though.

Ah, okie dokie. Added~

Oh, if including Chinese novels I know quite a few good ones. Too bad not a lot of translations.

Stuff by 蝴蝶 - She writes pretty good alternate world stories. All of them make up a single large world portrayed from different time periods.

蜂舞 by 貓邏- VRMMMO. If you search it up, there's a few blogs that still have the web novel version up. It's currently getting published, so already taken down from the author's blog.

神魔變 by 白夜 - Fantasy, to be honest, all of her novels are really good. Hopefully someone translates them sometime. Oh and, it's currently getting rewrote and reissued. The original's already completed on web, and sequel planned release after version 2 finishes up. So far, she's my fav author. XD

Stuff by 御我 - Yu Wo's pretty famous by now right? I think most of her novels are already translated. Her latest one on a zombie apocalypse is pretty good. She has a pretty useful hub for links to other authors as well. It's in her sidebar, under 走走看 > 創作者.

殺手 by 九把刀 - Assassins, bit like short stories. I know I saw the author on first place in various author listings. Only read one of his novels though.

If they get translations, tell me so I can add them. Yah?

This tread is amazing, so much stuff to read and Google translations to burn my eyes on. GLORIOUS

Ho ho ho. You're welcome.

Edited by Xagnam, 27 August 2014 - 12:37 AM.

XrO2U3z.png

reanseih

reanseih

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

If they get translations, tell me so I can add them. Yah?

>口< But I don't read translations... Much less follow them...

I do believe the majority of translated ones are under Prince Revolution! and Odd Squad Scanlations though. Last time I checked, I believe Prince Revolution got official permission from Yu Wo to translate 1/2 Prince to English. Was quite some years back, on her previous blog. Yahoo got rid of wretch.cc, everything from memory.

On another note, if anyone here reads Chinese, 冒天 is a good place to find novels. Pretty much like Alphapolis, in Chinese. They say it's heaven for light novels. There's others, just not a lot. Think I remember seeing someone suggesting 鮮網 for others.

@ Re:Monster Link Hub | Database (Glossary)

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

>口< But I don't read translations... Much less follow them...

I do believe the majority of translated ones are under Prince Revolution! and Odd Squad Scanlations though. Last time I checked, I believe Prince Revolution got official permission from Yu Wo to translate 1/2 Prince to English. Was quite some years back, on her previous blog. Yahoo got rid of wretch.cc, everything from memory.

On another note, if anyone here reads Chinese, 冒天 is a good place to find novels. Pretty much like Alphapolis, in Chinese. They say it's heaven for light novels. There's others, just not a lot. Think I remember seeing someone suggesting 鮮網 for others.

Twas but a wish~~

Hm, the Re:Translations team needs a Chinese TL squad.

XrO2U3z.png