Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Recommendations] {ARCHIVE}

recommendations

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

POPULAR

Where Can I Find...? [Recommendations]

The Where Can I Find...? [Recommendations] has been moved to unsure more growth and grant higher expectations! Please click the link above to be taken to our new home. Thank you~

This thread is now an archive of all the posts and various recommendations users have made concerning novels, light novels, and web novels from August 5, 2014 - March 20, 2015.

Edited by Xagnam, 20 March 2015 - 03:36 PM.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

reanseih

reanseih

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Thanks for organizing this! Perhaps put "Other Novels" or "Recommendations" or something in title though?

Well, it's still a mystery for me why all these other titles are popping up in the Re:Monster forum... o.O

@ Re:Monster Link Hub | Database (Glossary)

Lazgrane

Lazgrane

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArk

Thanks for organizing this! Perhaps put "Other Novels" or "Recommendations" or something in title though?

Well, it's still a mystery for me why all these other titles are popping up in the Re:Monster forum... o.O

You can track back and read through 140 pages again to see where it began.

Edited by Lazgrane, 06 August 2014 - 01:13 PM.

Limilicious

Limilicious

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts

Hmmmmm, I don't think it's that big of a mystery. It's just people started to be interested in these genre and wanted more. It is also highly possible that for many readers, this is their first manga adaptation of a light novel, or at least the first one that they know of. So, after Re:Monster's translation started to slow down, readers asked if others can recommend light novels that are as good as Re:Monster or in the same genre. Then people started recommending and at some point people just advertised to promote others.

I think it's not too far away from the truth as I believe I saw many users that asked for recommendations or links are posting for their first few times.

Anyways, thanks for the compilation and recommendations.

Edited by Limilicious, 06 August 2014 - 05:21 PM.

I am a Kleptomaniac.

wawawa

wawawa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

good idea. now I can find the recommended novels quickly without having to click through 100 plus pages of the re:monster thread.

ChaoticCod

ChaoticCod

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 449 posts

How convenient. Honestly, I thought the number of posts constantly asking for a recommendation was getting out of hand (since people just reposted stuff in reply), so it's nice that someone finally decided to collate all the stuff that's been brought up here.

Do you think it'd be a good idea to link to the source material as well? Like in R:M's case, it started out as a web novel, so you could look it up on the net. I think a few of the other titles listed here may also be found on the internet?

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

How convenient. Honestly, I thought the number of posts constantly asking for a recommendation was getting out of hand (since people just reposted stuff in reply), so it's nice that someone finally decided to collate all the stuff that's been brought up here.

Do you think it'd be a good idea to link to the source material as well? Like in R:M's case, it started out as a web novel, so you could look it up on the net. I think a few of the other titles listed here may also be found on the internet?

If I'm capable of finding the raws for each, I'll post them where necessary. Thank you for the idea!

EDIT : And done~ Also added Re:Monster Wiki (ENG).

Edited by Xagnam, 07 August 2014 - 04:36 AM.

XrO2U3z.png

reanseih

reanseih

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Anyone knows what the criteria for recommendations might be? I know there's a lot of titles mentioned over and over again, no idea why.

...Oh wait... maybe I do... translated? But there's a bunch of Google links too.

ChaoticCod

ChaoticCod

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 449 posts

If it's interesting, suggest it? People just want something to read. It's probably preferable if it's translated, though, but I guess there are people here who might be fine with just trying to decipher machine translations.

reanseih

reanseih

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Well for me, Alphapolis is a gold mine. Not that I haven't read its novels before, but none of the web novel versions. My personal current list:

Re:Monster

異世界に召喚された暗殺者の少年

メイドから母になりました

魔王輪舞曲

ルーントルーパーズ

さようなら竜生 こんにちは人生

神様は異世界にお引越ししました

メイデーア魔王転生記

異世界転生騒動記

弓と剣

魔法学校の落ちこぼれ

先代勇者は隠居したい(仮題)

白銀の聖騎士

目指す地位は縁の下。

ふむ、どうやら私は嫌われトリップをしたようだ(連載版)

こちら討伐クエスト斡旋窓口

詰みかけ転生領主の改革

ワールドオーダー

無職独身アラフォー女子の異世界奮闘記

XD This was the reason for my lack of attendance on the forums lately. > - >|||

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I'm sure a few of those will end up as projects sooner or later.

The remainder of the raws have been located and linked to their respective translated series.

XrO2U3z.png

xsomeblackjewx

xsomeblackjewx

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

I was just wondering if you knew that there is indeed A Martial Odyssey 2 (no disrespect intended) , because I finished the first book and was estatic to find out the Author is working on a second one.

LINK HERE: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/38337-A-Martial-Odyssey-2#.U-WCcvldV1Y

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I was just wondering if you knew that there is indeed A Martial Odyssey 2 (no disrespect intended) , because I finished the first book and was estatic to find out the Author is working on a second one.

LINK HERE: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/38337-A-Martial-Odyssey-2#.U-WCcvldV1Y

I appreciate that very much, thank you, that will be added to the list.

EDIT : Added rei_hunter's suggestions to the list. TNS' project page has been added.

Also, if there are errors with the rōmaji and the translated titles, please tell me, I would like them as correct as possible.

Edited by Xagnam, 09 August 2014 - 04:32 PM.

XrO2U3z.png

laser68

laser68

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Very glad i found this page. I tend to avoid using the forum search function, because i usually forget it exists. But in this case it helped a lot. Either way. Hooray recommendations

wawawa

wawawa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Coiling Dragon (fantasy, magic, martial arts, the equally awesome prequel to Stellar Transformations)

english: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/38429-盘龙-Coiling-Dragon-by-I-Eat-Tomatoes-(我吃西红柿)

raw: http://www.n6xs.com/read.asp?id=6520

manhua: http://www.073.cc/mm/PanLong.html

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Coiling Dragon (fantasy, magic, martial arts, the equally awesome prequel to Stellar Transformations)

english: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/38429-盘龙-Coiling-Dragon-by-I-Eat-Tomatoes-(我吃西红柿)

raw: http://www.n6xs.com/read.asp?id=6520

manhua: http://www.073.cc/mm/PanLong.html

giphy.gif

Thank you for that~

XrO2U3z.png

skizzr

skizzr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Other good VRMMORG fanfics I've read so far are Parallel and Long Island. They are still relatively new, so they don't have many chapters.

http://japtem.com/fanfic.php?view=426

http://japtem.com/fanfic.php?view=365

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Perhaps I should ask whether you guys want fan fictions listed as well (since the two listed above are fan fictions of Legendary Moonlight Sculptor)?

XrO2U3z.png

popaju

popaju

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Perhaps I should ask whether you guys want fan fictions listed as well (since the two listed above are fan fictions of Legendary Moonlight Sculptor)?

I find fan fics to be a mixed bag some are good but grammatically butchered and the writing quality comes and goes after all the writers are fans not pros even with the recommended titles from others so i could take em or leave em but i think there are others who would rather shred through a few fan fics rather than wait and constantly troll the forms so if any one suggests them or you have some you know of then yes but other wise no need to go out and look for any to add

15.jpg

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I find fan fics to be a mixed bag some are good but grammatically butchered and the writing quality comes and goes after all the writers are fans not pros even with the recommended titles from others so i could take em or leave em but i think there are others who would rather shred through a few fan fics rather than wait and constantly troll the forms so if any one suggests them or you have some you know of then yes but other wise no need to go out and look for any to add

You, good sir, need punctuation.

Anyway, I'm not so much bothered by user written stories (they're fantastic), it's just that I'm hesitant concerning ones based on an already existing series. I would rather link original content than open up a can of worms concerning alterations to canon material.

Hm, it's up to you all, really. I'll just play my role.

Edited by Xagnam, 13 August 2014 - 08:50 PM.

XrO2U3z.png