Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Recommendations] {ARCHIVE}

recommendations

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

boaecho

boaecho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Do you have any recommendations where we get the MC train to until he is overpowered while NOT being the stereotypical bumbling good hearted kind? I love "Stellar Transformation" because it had both. I liked Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei cause he was a cold hearted motherfucker :P.  Preferably with a decent amount of chapters out as well. Can't stand only having like 3 volumes to read D:

Novels I have read already:

Re:monster
LMS - Dislike cause there isn't enough leveling up
Mushoku Tensei - Dislike because of MC
Mother of Learning - Liked this one a lot
Coiling Dragon - Love it
Stellar Transformation  - Love it

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei -Love it cause of MC
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Story went to shit after first dungeon

Nevski50

Nevski50

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Thanks for this thread, helped me finding some new books.

I also have some other recommendations.

- Silent Waves (LMS fanfiction on royalroad)

- One Turn Kill on Deus Ex Scans

Also found this site called Smashwords (A lot of free stuff to read without having to download it, if you press on the free button on the prize category).

(Haven't figured out yet how to post links here, cause copy+paste somehow doesn't work for me here)

Edited by Nevski50, 18 August 2014 - 10:20 AM.

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Thanks for this thread, helped me finding some new books.

I also have some other recommendations.

- Silent Waves (LMS fanfiction on royalroad)

- One Turn Kill on Deus Ex Scans

Also found this site called Smashwords (A lot of free stuff to read without having to download it, if you press on the free button on the prize category).

(Haven't figured out yet how to post links here, cause copy+paste somehow doesn't work for me here)

You're welcome.

I appreciate the recommendations. Concerning Silent Waves, I have the series linked to chapter one of volume three due to the author changing the story altogether (with that being the beginning of the restart).

Ah, I know of that site, should I add it to the list for user access then?

Highlight the selected text >> Ctrl+C >> Ctrl+V ..... Or just use good ol' right click.

Edited by Xagnam, 18 August 2014 - 02:43 PM.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

Zihera

Zihera

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

You're welcome.

I appreciate the recommendations. Concerning Silent Waves, I have the series linked to chapter one of volume three due to the author changing the story altogether (with that being the beginning of the restart).

Ah, I know of that site, should I add it to the list for user access then?

Highlight the selected text >> Ctrl+C >> Ctrl+V ..... Or just use good ol' right click.

Is it worth reading the previous volumes then?

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Is it worth reading the previous volumes then?

It's up to the reader, really.

You can read it from the beginning, but realize that that story (the "prologue") will never have an ending.

Edited by Xagnam, 18 August 2014 - 09:22 PM.

XrO2U3z.png

Ravime

Ravime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

I get beat up with the already awesome recommendations and then while I'm getting up a new amount comes and makes sure I can't get up. <3 Interesting about the Morcyth series as I had already read the first book before, sucks that there's no wikipedia page because I wanted to read the plot summaries of the others to see if it was worth the devotion of time.

So im a little perplexed as to why the morcyth saga is on here since its a normals already in english book so yeah its like adding all the books cptcupcake suggested on page 100 of the remonster thread but i think its alright not a fan of the point of view and it is very detailed like needlessly detailed so it makes it longer anyhow still havent read the 7 book yet lost some interest but i think its alright

Also ive ran out of LN to read and i refuse to read mt or gt since i do feel like having my head explode but any suggestions? So far ive read all of them here except the fanfics with the exception of mother of learning because its original but yeah any recommendations?
Samayou Shinki no Duelist i just found this and since i have nothing to do im gonna check it out baka tsuki jas already translated it and gugugu translations are going to also translate it i believe

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Samayou_Shinki_no_Duelist

Edited by Ravime, 18 August 2014 - 11:46 PM.

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

So im a little perplexed as to why the morcyth saga is on here since its a normals already in english book so yeah its like adding all the books cptcupcake suggested on page 100 of the remonster thread but i think its alright not a fan of the point of view and it is very detailed like needlessly detailed so it makes it longer anyhow still havent read the 7 book yet lost some interest but i think its alright

Also ive ran out of LN to read and i refuse to read mt or gt since i do feel like having my head explode but any suggestions? So far ive read all of them here except the fanfics with the exception of mother of learning because its original but yeah any recommendations?
Samayou Shinki no Duelist i just found this and since i have nothing to do im gonna check it out baka tsuki jas already translated it and gugugu translations are going to also translate it i believe

I don't see the issue in adding English literature here. Some of the suggestions are actually written in English and not translated.

Any new recommendations will be added to the opening post, so don't worry about that.

If you're capable of reading everything on Baka-Tsuki and other similar sites, you'll definitely have my recognition.

XrO2U3z.png

Limilicious

Limilicious

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts

Hmmmm, I don't think there's any problem with English recommendations or English novels.

I...usually don't read novels originally written in English. I suppose the style is different and I don't like it as much. I did, however, just finish Worm and absolutely loved it. So, I actually appreciate the English recommendations as I think I will give those a second chance now.

Spoiler

I am a Kleptomaniac.

mousefu

mousefu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEngland

are we reccomending books or just LN's

Do you have any recommendations where we get the MC train to until he is overpowered while NOT being the stereotypical bumbling good hearted kind? I love "Stellar Transformation" because it had both. I liked Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei cause he was a cold hearted motherfucker :P.  Preferably with a decent amount of chapters out as well. Can't stand only having like 3 volumes to read D:

Novels I have read already:

Re:monster
LMS - Dislike cause there isn't enough leveling up
Mushoku Tensei - Dislike because of MC
Mother of Learning - Liked this one a lot
Coiling Dragon - Love it
Stellar Transformation  - Love it

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei -Love it cause of MC
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Story went to shit after first dungeon

Try swallowed star same author as Coling Dragon and Stellar Transformations. AS for overpowered MC who is not kind hearted bumbler ( one of the best books I have ever read) Into the abyss  http://www.amazon.com/Into-Abyss-Demons-Astlan-Book-ebook/dp/B00JCJ9X3A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top    If you can't afford to buy or can't get it for what ever reason      pm me.

Also try zombieknight link on first page ( you won't regret it)

Edited by mousefu, 20 August 2014 - 03:54 AM.

The world is finite, Imagination is limitless.

Ramza

Ramza

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Hi,

I found this novel, darkmage. It's about a swordwarrior who is sent to another world, and became black magician.

Herewith is the link to the raw in case somebody want to read it 

http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=17831.0

Someguy called dancake was also said to translate it, but I can't open his blog. You can check it here if you want.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4988

Cheers :)

reanseih

reanseih

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Hi,

I found this novel, darkmage. It's about a swordwarrior who is sent to another world, and became black magician.

Herewith is the link to the raw in case somebody want to read it 

http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=17831.0

Someguy called dancake was also said to translate it, but I can't open his blog. You can check it here if you want.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4988

Cheers :)

Wasn't the translating dropped? I remember seeing some translations a while back, only to find that the last update was years ago. Think it was up to vol 2?

@ Re:Monster Link Hub | Database (Glossary)

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I'd prefer to link projects that are fully translated or in the process of translation.

XrO2U3z.png

Ravime

Ravime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
This is a work of ren wo xing i believe its an original story hes also the translator for coiling dragon i think quite a few people would like it

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/22596-That-Merciless-Blade-Legends-of-the-Arctic-Wolf

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Thank you very much, that has now been added.

XrO2U3z.png

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

This is a work of ren wo xing i believe its an original story hes also the translator for coiling dragon i think quite a few people would like it

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/22596-That-Merciless-Blade-Legends-of-the-Arctic-Wolf

Thank you very much, that has now been added.

i think rwx dropped this one,so u might need add: freezed/stalled in description

Edited by Kuroganekai, 21 August 2014 - 05:20 PM.

"Yami yori kuraku shinen yori udeshi,Sou kagaku no hikari otosu yami"

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

i think rwx dropped this one,so u might need add: freezed/stalled in description

Hm, if that's the case, I may as well just remove it.

XrO2U3z.png

wawawa

wawawa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
Yeah, I think you should remove the link to Ren Wo Xing's fanfic because he hasn't updated it for years and he's been busy translating Coiling Dragon.

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I'll give people the chance to read what's written, but have it marked as such that there have been no updates.

Edited by Xagnam, 21 August 2014 - 08:59 PM.

XrO2U3z.png

kijin

kijin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Does "Samayou Shinki no Duelist" have an epub/ebook version? I wanted to (conveniently) read it on my celphone when I'm away from a wifi zone.

Edited by kijin, 21 August 2014 - 09:09 PM.

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Does "Samayou Shinki no Duelist" have an epub/ebook version? I wanted to (conveniently) read it on my celphone when I'm away from a wifi zone.

Not that I know of. One could simply take the all the written content and create one, though.

XrO2U3z.png