Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Official Line Webtoons - Kubera discussions thread

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

Doonge

Doonge

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBelgium

omg it is... beautiful Oo

Readingfish

Readingfish

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

Much, much much better.  I still don't like it that the lower-ranked comics require one more click from the main page to see them all (Kubera why are you so low T_T), but it's nice to see PCs being remembered at last. :P

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Kubera has a reaaally slow start. Most stories nowadays have instant-gratification starts to hook you in, except once the novelty wears off you often realize that the rest of the story is shit, full of repetition and shallow characters and ideologies. :\ Kubera manages to be the reverse. It starts slow but continuously builds up into a better and more complex story. Right now, most now, interesting characaters like God Kubera, Yuta and side characters like Kasak haven't even shown up yet.

I've noticed that they Do release some series at an accelerated pace. *__* Tales of the Unusual and Family Man are/were weekly series, but they're being released twice per year (lol) week. My Kitty and My Old Dog used to be released twice per week, but it's released 3 times per week on Line Webtoon.

I wonder how much we have to harass them to get them to do the same for Kubera? ;_;

By the way, they really Do fix things! They added the missing line at the bottom of the book in ch. 1 (though they left out the 'bloom from 'Kalibloom fighter guild'), and they added a sentence that was missing from Asha (explaining what A++ was). That's pretty encouraging. I should see what else they fixed and thank them. :D

Edit: lol, look at the promotional video for the new website here:

www.facebook.com/linewebtoon

The clip has lots of things, just not Line Webtoon on an actual PC. It says to enjoy it on the PC, but shows the mobile version. x'D

Edited by Mizura, 17 September 2014 - 05:11 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

Kubera has a reaaally slow start. Most stories nowadays have instant-gratification starts to hook you in, except once the novelty wears off you often realize that the rest of the story is shit, full of repetition and shallow characters and ideologies. :\ Kubera manages to be the reverse. It starts slow but continuously builds up into a better and more complex story. Right now, most now, interesting characaters like God Kubera, Yuta and side characters like Kasak haven't even shown up yet.

I've noticed that they Do release some series at an accelerated pace. *__* Tales of the Unusual and Family Man are/were weekly series, but they're being released twice per year. My Kitty and My Old Dog used to be released twice per week, but it's released 3 times per week on Line Webtoon.

I wonder how much we have to harass them to get them to do the same for Kubera? ;_;

By the way, they really Do fix things! They added the missing line at the bottom of the book in ch. 1 (though they left out the 'bloom from 'Kalibloom fighter guild'), and they added a sentence that was missing from Asha (explaining what A++ was). That's pretty encouraging. I should see what else they fixed and thank them. :D

Edit: lol, look at the promotional video for the new website here:

www.facebook.com/linewebtoon

The clip has lots of things, just not Line Webtoon on an actual PC. It says to enjoy it on the PC, but shows the mobile version. x'D

Ik it was just a typo, but it's pretty funny XD

Also I just readed the last chapter of Kubera released by them and I gotta say that their translates were really great and accurate. Although there are some grammer mistakes here and there, they don't really affect the meaning of the phrases, which is pretty reassuring.

Now that I read another version of this chapter, it makes me wonder if at the part where Agni saves Shakuntala, he really does refer to her as a/n thing/object(He uses it and that in their version) or is it just the translator's mistakes which didn't realise what it really was about. If he really does refer to her as an object this could show just how much gods despise the Sura. After all even the most tollerant of the gods ended up refering to Sura in such ways.

And I'd wonder what reaction would Agni have if he were to know just what ways God Kubera could have used to defeat Ananta...

Edited by popabogdan, 17 September 2014 - 05:08 PM.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany
That 'it' was said by the god agni kicked down the cliff.
Agni just described shakun as luggage Lol
  • Ivy likes this

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

That 'it' was said by the god agni kicked down the cliff.
Agni just described shakun as luggage Lol

Exactly my point o.o

I mean, did he really do that because that's how he's seeing her? Because of a habit? Or just so he wouldn't lose face toward lower ranking beings....

Edited by popabogdan, 17 September 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

"The Sorrow of Lost" was pointed out as a mistake by two different people but they have yet to fix it. One guy commented that is sounded fine to him. Ugh.

I dunno... there have been plenty of mistakes that were never fixed, so I can't get too excited when they tackle one or two.

Edited by Horseshoe Crab, 17 September 2014 - 10:55 PM.

• Ivy likes this

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Exactly my point o.o

I mean, did he really do that because that's how he's seeing her? Because of a habit? Or just so he wouldn't lose face toward lower ranking beings....

Maybe he simply speaks casually?

He admitted not wanting to kill Gandharva when he handed Shakun back XD But he's one of the most powerful gods. Who would oppose him?

But yeah, he used it just as an excuse to let gandharva run ^^

"The Sorrow of Lost" is awful. I always have to think of "Lost" fans weeping because whatever (never saw lost) xD

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

"The Sorrow of Lost" is awful. I always have to think of "Lost" fans weeping because whatever (never saw lost) xD

I did... and I'm still weeping T.T

Title is 100% accurate t.t

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

did anyone notice that the banner for kubera on the pc webtoons.com is clearly from late season 2?

i have a lot of problems with the grammar. it's just too painful to read.

Edited by LovelyLuvLuv, 18 September 2014 - 04:43 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Yes, the picture is from Season 2, but it isn't too spoiler-ish, so whatever. xD

There are still some issues with the grammar, but the text 'flows' much better than before, so I'm happy for that at least.

Anyway, friendly reminder to support the official English version by heading over and favoriting all the chapters. As a bonus, it's started on the chapters that The Company didn't re-translate yet, so we may be getting some interesting corrections. :3

http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=83

Also, a major observation, Line Webtoons in Chinese has started updating Untouchable (original released once per week, 31 chapters out) not twice a week, but Daily (obvious attempt to quickly catch up) (the English version doesn't have this accelerated release).

This means Line Webtoons Does consider catching up on series as an option! Untouchable is short, so catching up is easier in the first place, but that still means there's a chance that they may try to catch up on Kubera. So keep up the begging!

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts

I will go and favorite the chinese version of Kubera just in case :D
Also, Family man is a finished series, why are they translating it twice a week, seriously... Since the start of Line webtoon i complained about that they should translate the series that needs catching up(like Kubera) not the ones finished(Family man) but they don't seem to care :/

Kuberious

Kuberious

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Ummm.... It might be out-of-topic but when you read in HERE, does it really go to the author? [The profits, I mean] 

CeaseActivity

CeaseActivity

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

Whoooaaaa. They're really putting money into this. Many people just seem to submit stolen comics from other people though :/

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Whoooaaaa. They're really putting money into this. Many people just seem to submit stolen comics from other people though :/

that's cool o_o

too bad i'm not good enough yet to make my own xD

stealing? really? idiots.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

USE THAT MONEY TO HIRE A TRANSLATOR WHO CAN ACTUALLY ENGLISH!

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

wtf they Do have a budget. As RWF said, Hire Better Translators!!!

Edit: whoa, they added... Thai think? O_o;;

Edited by Mizura, 20 November 2014 - 02:26 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

"Ananra" clan? Seriously, they don't even re-reread themselves?

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

USE THAT MONEY TO HIRE A TRANSLATOR WHO CAN ACTUALLY ENGLISH!

"Ananra" clan? Seriously, they don't even re-reread themselves?

SEE?!

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

"Ananra" clan?

They're talking about Godzilla.