Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Japanese Government to Start Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation Next Month

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

retrovert

retrovert

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

The thing is they don't seem to understand how scanlation works. Do they think the people from Mangafox are the ones translating everything? Taking down(which they won't) the manga/something sites won't do anything. Scanlators would be actually happier if that happened!  And scanlations are the reason most series are popular to begin with, I wouldn't pay for a product I'm not familiar with; I want to read a few chapters before deciding if I like it or not.

I understand their feelings, but like many said, they're not losing anything because it's not money they intended to gain in the first place. They don't see us as potential customers until the fan's translations have done all the work. I'm in love with a particular manga right now and I actually buy the magazine and volumes online, but the shipping is ridiculously expensive and in the end I don't get a product in my language. I think the solution would be to sell an online version of the magazine in English that costs the same as the physical copy in Japan. I would pay for that.

batoto%20signature_zpsar4g59a2.png

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Locationhopefully not in the hands of confused lewd teenagers.

so,
They are rumors going around that the listed paged are currently blocked in japan,
don't know if it is true tough.

I'm here in Japan and I assure you nothing is up.

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

good thing im not from japane

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationphilippi- nevermind...

aaahhh... this sucks... and here i am starting to use and enjoy batoto...

RBT

RBT

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 96 posts

Fear not, all perverts, FAKKU IS UNAFFECTED.

I repeat, FAKKU IS UNAFFECTED.

..not that I know what it is.. pffffffffffft...

Thank God, eh? It's not like they have suddenly decided to go legal by buying the rights to some artists' works and have started sending DMCAs against sadpanda or anything, making them just as bad as the Japanese Government.

Also, what happened in the end? Has anything changed? Have any series been taken down this August 1st?

Edited by RBT, 01 August 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Oliverfr

Oliverfr

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

Thank God, eh? It's not like they have suddenly decided to become assholes and have started sending DMCAs against sadpanda or anything, making them just as bad as the Japanese Government.

I have received my fat share of DMCAs from Wani ( *cough*hentairules*cough*), and I would just like to say something, it is SUPER OBVIOUS Fakku is not behind the ehentai purge. You can blame the Wani legal team for that, not Fakku. Fakku's partnership with Wani may have given additional motivation to the Wani lawyers (that's what I've called "adding oil to the fire" in online discussions), but please bear in mind that Wani started sending DMCAs everywhere before they even started talking with Fakku about a partnership. Don't blame the wrong persons ! Even though I can sympathize about the purge causing grief and grudges, Fakku is not to blame.

Edited by Oliverfr, 01 August 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Meh, I seriously doubt (or I really hope it won't) this will have serious consequences on scanlation as a whole.

I'll just get the scans directly on the team's sites instead of reading them on Batoto.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

God I hope not, then I'd never be able to read and or watch manga ever again....

Not like I have money to pay with. D;

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

People will always find a way if they want something bad enough.

I have faith in the community. If we have to go underground, we will.

They can't wipe us out! >:D

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Pyro

Pyro

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Yet they don't ban the biggest Chinese manga site of all, dm5.....

Tsukumo Yuma

Tsukumo Yuma

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 44 posts
I saw something aboy the japanese government buying nyaa.eu on there site, and that they will start termenating files starting in 24 hours.
Otaku Tower Scans needs Japanese to English Translators, if you are interested, please apply.
http://otaku-tower-scans.tumblr.com
YCD12K3.pngSig made by me!
tJs5ySh.gif

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

It's probably just a troll.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Matrixik

Matrixik

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 5 posts

I don't know why people liked onemanga so much. It was similar to mangafox with crappy image compression.

What I really miss is MangaToshokan that had similar values as Batoto and now is long gone (they had almost no ads and after losing most titles they lost most traffic and because of that they did not have money to pay for servers - MT creator posted it few days before shouting site down on internal board).

dissident

dissident

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWay south.

Well, at least because of all the looking around for information about this I found out there is a (very roundabout, but still) way to pay for Crunchyroll's subscription from my country without an international credit card (which I don't have), so I'll be doing that regardless of how this turns out. I guess I'll read what they have available there and the rest in batoto with a clean conscience :P

'...if you are not like everybody else, then you are abnormal, if you are abnormal, then you are sick. These three categories, not being like everybody else, not being normal and being sick are in fact very different but have been reduced to the same thing'
-Michel Foucault

mionendy

mionendy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

has batoto not received the flood of dcmas yet? doesnt look like anything got purged yet...

RBT

RBT

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 96 posts

has batoto not received the flood of dcmas yet? doesnt look like anything got purged yet...

No, it seems it hasn't received any DMCAs yet. We can only wait now.

kukin

kukin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Big fucking deal, who said that once batoto down we won't have bateto or batata. And of course, place server in the same place as TPB. See?Problem solved.

Fear not, all perverts, FAKKU IS UNAFFECTED.

I repeat, FAKKU IS UNAFFECTED.

..not that I know what it is.. pffffffffffft...

With Jewcob's action on exhentai really want it to be destroyed. And enjoy non-loli content on fakku btw.

Edited by kukin, 02 August 2014 - 03:22 AM.

• RBT likes this

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

If batoto.net goes down babobo.net will take its place. All the other potential names that y'all posted in this thread are wack.

• RBT likes this

dragon1412

dragon1412

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I saw something aboy the japanese government buying nyaa.eu on there site, and that they will start termenating files starting in 24 hours.

buying nyaa ... and what, the creator of nyaa back up all data, create nyaaa and make more profit from japan ?? Let's face it, America trying to stop Torrent for years and now TPB still running as strong as ever, they create the PIPA or something and what ??? ... megaupload, etc is down but another take it's places. and not to mention that japan's law is useless outside of japan. And this is not mentioned the money required for the operation, japan's economy as it is will crippled itself if they actually trying to do that

Samhill

Samhill

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts

Did anyone get hit with anything so far?

I have received my fat share of DMCAs from Wani ( *cough*hentairules*cough*), and I would just like to say something, it is SUPER OBVIOUS Fakku is not behind the ehentai purge. You can blame the Wani legal team for that, not Fakku. Fakku's partnership with Wani may have given additional motivation to the Wani lawyers (that's what I've called "adding oil to the fire" in online discussions), but please bear in mind that Wani started sending DMCAs everywhere before they even started talking with Fakku about a partnership. Don't blame the wrong persons ! Even though I can sympathize about the purge causing grief and grudges, Fakku is not to blame.

I never noticed. Is the, uh, other site effected? 

Edited by Samhill, 02 August 2014 - 11:25 AM.

"So round, so firm, so fully packed." - Daffy Duck, not talking about what you probably think he's talking about.