Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Japanese Government to Start Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation Next Month

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Oliverfr

Oliverfr

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

Did anyone get hit with anything so far?

I never noticed. Is the, uh, other site effected? 

Well, I had to remove real plenty of zip links from hentairules.net, also, as a form of courtesy, replacing them with a link to Fakku's webstore.

But, once again, that's not a reason to accuse Fakku.

Even the accusation that Jacob would have given the secret URL is ridiculous, the secret URL was everywhere for everyone to see. The Wani legal team is not composed of morons, for instance, I had a gigatorrent, they also asked me to take down... the exact precise required folders WITHIN the torrent, not making a problem if I were to remake a new torrent with the required stuff being removed : they know how things work and how to find stuff on the internet.

Edited by Oliverfr, 02 August 2014 - 03:38 PM.

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

Even the accusation that Jacob would have given the secret URL is ridiculous, the secret URL was everywhere for everyone to see.

That was about the super sikrit club, that comes with membership requirements beyond having an account and knowing the URL. >.>

And given that you don't seem to know about it either (heck, we still don't even know the exact requirements. And what we do know can be completely different from person to person.), it's probably not nearly as well known as you think.

Posted Image

Oliverfr

Oliverfr

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

That was about the super sikrit club, that comes with membership requirements beyond having an account and knowing the URL. >.>

And given that you don't seem to know about it either (heck, we still don't even know the exact requirements. And what we do know can be completely different from person to person.), it's probably not nearly as well known as you think.

Oh come on. Ex-h, a secret ? It's everywhere in the hentai world, forums, blogs and you call it.

However, if this is something else you're talking about, then I take back my words and you were right.

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

However, if this is something else you're talking about, then I take back my words and you were right.

Something slightly different, yes.

But I may have already said too much. <.<

Edited by S.C., 02 August 2014 - 07:46 PM.

Posted Image

Samhill

Samhill

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts

Even the accusation that Jacob would have given the secret URL is ridiculous, the secret URL was everywhere for everyone to see. The Wani legal team is not composed of morons, for instance, I had a gigatorrent, they also asked me to take down... the exact precise required folders WITHIN the torrent, not making a problem if I were to remake a new torrent with the required stuff being removed : they know how things work and how to find stuff on the internet.

I never made such a statement. What meant was that if they can't access it they can't see if it's taken down.

Whether or not they're stupid is debatable.

Edited by Samhill, 03 August 2014 - 11:23 AM.

"So round, so firm, so fully packed." - Daffy Duck, not talking about what you probably think he's talking about.

PsychoMantis

PsychoMantis

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

oh, so they want to take down ThePirateBay ?? Well, good luck with that...

anyway, since they can only send requests, the only sites that will actually suffer are the good and decent ones (like Batoto). I am sure that admins at Mangareader (and similar) won't give a fuck...

Also there is ABSOLUTELY no way to stop translations of famous animes/mangas like Naruto, Bleach, etc. It's not physically possible ;) . But on the other hand, the unknown (or not so famous) mangas/animes won't be so lucky, too bad for their authors...

Edited by PsychoMantis, 04 August 2014 - 11:07 AM.

tumblr_mblt9pXJ6M1rodorko1_r1_500.png

Seira J. Loyard

"If the character changes eye colour... He or she is OP as fuck." Evilnemesis

amc9988

amc9988

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

First my hentai world was invaded, Fufufuu (my fav) is dead thanks to some koreans, EgHentai and Pururin is almost dead with most of their content removed, What's left is Fakku that is rarely updated and have less content too (and thx for playing an awesome part in the removal of many tittles /sarcasm)

And now they wanted to invade my anime and manga world too.... Oh man

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

oh, so they want to take down ThePirateBay ?? Well, good luck with that...

They're not trying to take the whole thing down, just the anime/manga that they own the rights to.

PsychoMantis

PsychoMantis

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

They're not trying to take the whole thing down, just the anime/manga that they own the rights to.

261iv83.png

Spoiler

tumblr_mblt9pXJ6M1rodorko1_r1_500.png

Seira J. Loyard

"If the character changes eye colour... He or she is OP as fuck." Evilnemesis

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

261iv83.png

Spoiler

so unnecessary

Drakan

Drakan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

from the pirate bay, again, good luck with that

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

from the pirate bay, again, good luck with that

look I didn't imply whether or not they were actually gonna be able to do it, I just wanted to clarify because there are some goons out there who are under the impression that they're aiming to take whole sites down instead of the titles they have the rights to. kanyeshrug.jpg

cmertb

cmertb

Potato

• Contributor
  • 161 posts

So, any news on the crackdown front?

I haven't heard of any takedowns on Aug 1 or after, should I assume it was just a bluff?

はりねずみは誇り高き鳥である。蹴らぬかぎり飛ばぬ。

My JPOP music subs (we consider requests too)

midnightmiruku

midnightmiruku

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm really starting to like Batoto, I don't think I'll ever support any other manga hosting page other than Batoto..

Certain someone tipped me earlier about this, so I kinda knew a thread like this would start popping up.

"Official" response everyone's been waiting for...

It has always been Batoto's policy to comply to C&D/DMCA notices. They don't even really need to send DMCA, just a letter is actually sufficient for us. I will try to validate source of (e)mail though if it looks questionable. My email address is [email protected] for anybody looking to send one.

As this is a community site, sometimes there are re-uploads after removal. So, we sometimes take extra effort to prevent that by making announcement / write notices on comics / etc.

But, that doesn't mean the site is going to suddenly cease existing. That means certain content will be removed. None of our servers are on a long-term contract, so I have no obligation to keep my costs high should our user base significantly decrease. Our forum will never disappear, that's here to stay forever~ever~ever~ever~ Heck, I still keep sites I managed from 10 years ago still up despite zero traffic. No one can demand our forum to be removed.

We also have titles that are uploaded by the authors like R.u.N., so we'll always have something too. Though, maybe less. No doom day, but may be a sad day for some.

P.S. I'm quite offended by the fact that they couldn't be bothered to capitalize B in Batoto in their report.

So I'm really am relieved...

But since http://sakura-doujin.com/japanese-government-is-now-serious-about-anime-and-manga-piracy/ didn't list Batoto..... is it okay to hope they won't target this site?

I mean.... Batoto's the only manga hosting site that actually take down series that's already licensed or requested to by the scanlations team....

The thing is they don't seem to understand how scanlation works. Do they think the people from Mangafox are the ones translating everything? Taking down(which they won't) the manga/something sites won't do anything. Scanlators would be actually happier if that happened!  And scanlations are the reason most series are popular to begin with, I wouldn't pay for a product I'm not familiar with; I want to read a few chapters before deciding if I like it or not.

I understand their feelings, but like many said, they're not losing anything because it's not money they intended to gain in the first place. They don't see us as potential customers until the fan's translations have done all the work. I'm in love with a particular manga right now and I actually buy the magazine and volumes online, but the shipping is ridiculously expensive and in the end I don't get a product in my language. I think the solution would be to sell an online version of the magazine in English that costs the same as the physical copy in Japan. I would pay for that.

*shhh
I thought the same thing,, I'm more worried about anime streaming, cause most scanlators bought mangas with their shipping and all to deliver it to other fans, but not sure about fansubbers.. 0 n 0

My humble opinion: if they are really that desparate to support all the work mangakas, anime producers, etc. do, and also keep a good fanbase happy, that  can be able to read manga all over the globe, (no language barrier included) instead of wanting them to delete all the manga and anime stuff or simply banning the sites, they should start thinking cleverly and make an agreement with all these sites,so in a way or another everyone will end up winning.

How? simple, makes us readers (major fans) pay an affordable and reasonable ammount for a membership. I think anyone will be happy to do so since we dont want to attempt against the author's rights ( even though we've been doing so) and of-course, stop reading and watching what we love the most in our manga sites. That will be the perfect decision to tak

I think is much simpler for the Japanese Goverment to do this, rather that wasting more time and money on trying to stop piracy (wich I completely agree, it's a crime) but lets get real, internet its the major  ally for piracy, so they would have to take down the internet forever if they want this issue to be over, not to mention that somehow people will still find a way to keep making illegal copies whatsoever.

Well. lets hope for the best and wait what happens.

exactly,, I'd sacrifice all my pocket money and save,

Not sure about that MAG site... I can't feel the love ....

(sorry for the long rep)

AncientKaiser

AncientKaiser

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

If Japan seriously legitimately wishes to stop our hundreds of Million's of readers, than they should begin making much much much, I cannot emphasize the much here without sounding like a asshole, but much much more English Crap.

I would gladly spend my hundreds of Dollars worth of Hard Earned Cash, for things I enjoy. Heck, I'd spend more.

Just gimme English.

Indekkusu

Indekkusu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

If Japan seriously legitimately wishes to stop our hundreds of Million's of readers, than they should begin making much much much, I cannot emphasize the much here without sounding like a asshole, but much much more English Crap.

I would gladly spend my hundreds of Dollars worth of Hard Earned Cash, for things I enjoy. Heck, I'd spend more.

Just gimme English.

They are only targeting 400 manga series that are already available in English.

Drakan

Drakan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

So I'm really am relieved...

But since http://sakura-doujin.com/japanese-government-is-now-serious-about-anime-and-manga-piracy/ didn't list Batoto..... is it okay to hope they won't target this site?

I mean.... Batoto's the only manga hosting site that actually take down series that's already licensed or requested to by the scanlations team....

That one has a missing list, specifically the one titled "manga" (batoto is #11):

Spoiler

Edited by Drakan, 05 August 2014 - 04:14 PM.

RBT

RBT

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 96 posts

5 days and nothing has happened yet. Guys, it was probably a ruse in order to scare us.

Indekkusu

Indekkusu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

5 days and nothing has happened yet. Guys, it was probably a ruse in order to scare us.

Both http://yesmanga.net/ and http://mangafun.net/ have this message posted on top of the site "Will close on next month, All data cleared due to JP Manga Copyright."

RBT

RBT

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 96 posts

Maybe they are like Grumpy and want to be law abiding manga-hosting sites.