Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Aired episodes discussion (beware the spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

meh... somebody will upload the blu ray versions anyway as soon as they're released...

However let's hope that the lightning speed pacing in this episode was only a tactic by Pierrot to hook more viewers.

If Pierrot butchers this series then I'll never forgive them T^T

Maya24

Maya24

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIn my house.

meh... somebody will upload the blu ray versions anyway as soon as they're released...

However let's hope that the lightning speed pacing in this episode was only a tactic by Pierrot to hook more viewers.

If Pierrot butchers this series then I'll never forgive them T^T

Yeah, I hope that kind of pace remain on Ep 1.

I'm just thankful that Pierrot decided to put high budget on this one. I'm loving the animation, the voice actors and Kaneki. Ok... bias much.

15301sm.jpg

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

I think this tweet by Ishida confirms that it's one cour: https://twitter.com/sotonami/status/484861712550477824 .
He says: "Tokyo Ghoul's TV anime started on July 3rd. Thank you for your impressions. Please treat me/us kindly for three months."

Vital Distance

Vital Distance

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts

I think this tweet by Ishida confirms that it's one cour: https://twitter.com/sotonami/status/484861712550477824 .
He says: "Tokyo Ghoul's TV anime started on July 3rd. Thank you for your impressions. Please treat me/us kindly for three months."

Only thirteen eps? ):

sig9_by_0mystogan0-d796yyl.png

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Well, there is still a slight possibility for a split, the tweet doesn't deny that. But I wouldn't bet on it.

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

Well then lets see how Pierrot will manage it to squeeze 3 arcs into 13 episodes xD

should be fun right?

Edited by x-cube323, 04 July 2014 - 01:28 AM.

Maya24

Maya24

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIn my house.

13 eps?

:batoto_012:

Ok...

15301sm.jpg

Coralira

Coralira

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
I didn't like the start lol, the guy being thrown against that tank and Rize being naked for some reason while chomping down.
If I watched this episode without having read the manga I don't think I would be convinced to keep watching..
The animation was nice and I liked the colours of it a lot though. The voice acting was also really good.
I really liked Hide's voice, and I think Kaneki's voice actor did a really good job.
I'm disappointed they didn't keep that line where Kaneki talks about his story being a tragedy, that line in the manga really made me want to keep reading.

Maya24

Maya24

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIn my house.

I didn't like the start lol, the guy being thrown against that tank and Rize being naked for some reason while chomping down.
-
I'm disappointed they didn't keep that line where Kaneki talks about his story being a tragedy, that line in the manga really made me want to keep reading.

Yeah, I also like how the manga did its opening. But just like one person said from MAL, they need to attract people (so the best way is to throw a naked girl there, boom).

In my opinion, the opening scene was an additional bonus to the manga's story and a little foreshadowing on one of the Aogiri's intent for the anime viewers... so it's really not that bad.

Edited by Maya24, 04 July 2014 - 08:08 AM.

15301sm.jpg

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Blu-ray&DVD vol.1 is going to be released on 26th September (26-9).

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 04 July 2014 - 09:06 AM.

Can't decide

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

I think they removed that line because it wouldn't have worked. It's a great way to end an episode, but if you place it in the middle of an episode, it just sounds presumptuous.

DorkingtonPugsly

DorkingtonPugsly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Ishida's tweet makes me worried that it wont be the adaption I was hoping for. :c Can only wait and see though... 

I think I'm gona hold off on preordering the blurays.

Edited by DorkingtonPugsly, 04 July 2014 - 08:54 PM.

chipathy

chipathy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

yeah its for sure now we're getting 12 eps now but the possibility of a split cour is still possible (and they can show everything past the gourmet episode to chapter 79 then) but i dunno 

Nyuu3

Nyuu3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts

Didn't like it. The rush really killed the mood, Kaneki got barely any characterization, etc...honestly, I never really expected them to capture what I liked about the manga. I mean yeah, gory action is fun, but not what really grips me. I actually connected with Kaneki and Touka and got immersed in the world. And it's no philosophical masterpiece, but at least the morbidness drove home how serious the themes are instead of just being there for the shock value.

The anime's gonna be fun at most.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

yeah its for sure now we're getting 12 eps now but the possibility of a split cour is still possible (and they can show everything past the gourmet episode to chapter 79 then) but i dunno

If they do a split cour, ending episode 12/13 with Owl's appearance would be the biggest troll move I can think of. On the other hand, the second cour would start with Owl and end with Owl.

I once read on 2ch that the booklet some people got with volume 12 contains hints that they intend to animate the Kanou lab arc. I don't know what kind of hints the booklet contained exactly. But it's a slight hope that they want to do a split cour.

Edit: OK, it's the second greatest troll move. The greatest troll move would be stopping with Kaneki sitting in the torture chair.

Edited by Old McDonald, 06 July 2014 - 07:29 PM.

DorkingtonPugsly

DorkingtonPugsly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I have a very good feeling this'll be a 2 cour split cour.

Was just looking at the 4 volumes and they all contain 3 episodes each. If it were only 1 cour they'd split the 12 into 6 volumes. Some split cours do 6 volumes for both halves though. But yeah.

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

sorry for being dumb but what exactly does "split cour" mean? Does it mean that they show 13 episodes take a break and then show the rest?

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
No news about the interview with the director? Non in Anime News Network...
Can't decide

Usha

Usha

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

Just pointing it out. I don't know who expected this to be normal paced, the moment we got to know that the aogiri arc was going to be in the anime you should have known that there's a minimum of 3-4 chapters/episode (considering 26 episodes, which most likely won't happen).

In the trailer they show the fight between Kaneki and Yamori, that's around chapter 65 or so. They could stop right after but finishing the arc would imply finishing at least volume 8, (we are not even done scanlating the aogiri arc yet). 

We are talking about 79 chapters. No matter how, it was always gonna be fast paced. At some parts they'll have to skip certain parts or go through them really fast (for example. the fight between Nishiki and Touka, which isn't realy important, and more of an introduction for both characters).

Apart from that, I very much liked the 1st episode. I loved the voices and animation and even Yamori appearing there, I think it doesn't really spoil anything and would leave the viewer all along the episodes with the feeling they are lacking parts of information (definetely a good way to get people hooked up).

この 世界 は 間違っている!

chipathy

chipathy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

No news about the interview with the director? Non in Anime News Network...

there was an interview?