Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokyo Ghoul Novels

scans tokyo ghoul novel

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Hehehe... I'm till trying to figure out what the camera kid is all about. He's (she's?) appeared in both novels so far and he seems connected to Tsukiyama some how.

Edited by chinilla, 09 July 2014 - 03:51 PM.

Morbid_Charade

Morbid_Charade

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

Hehehe... I'm till trying to figure out what the camera kid is all about. He's (she's?) appeared in both novels so far and he seems connected to Tsukiyama some how.

Her name is Hori Chie and she's a high school acquiantance of Shuu's.  She will go anywhere in order to take nice pictures.

Some people seem to be interested in the character summaries (which are super short) for the novels.  Shall I provide them?

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Her name is Hori Chie and she's a high school acquiantance of Shuu's.  She will go anywhere in order to take nice pictures.

Some people seem to be interested in the character summaries (which are super short) for the novels.  Shall I provide them?

Only if you want to. It must be a pain in the ass for a bunch of people to beg you for translations. Of course we would appreciate it, but do not feel obligated. 

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Quiz time:

Suppose you are Kaneki's aunt. You want to make him suffer, but you can't harm him physically. What will you do?

I'll post a summary of chapter 2 in the novel "Old Days" tomorrow or the day after.

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Quiz time:

Suppose you are Kaneki's aunt. You want to make him suffer, but you can't harm him physically. What will you do?

I'll post a summary of chapter 2 in the novel "Old Days" tomorrow or the day after.

She probably beats him down mentally and makes him believe that he is a burden and the true reason for his mother's death.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

She probably beats him down mentally and makes him believe that he is a burden and the true reason for his mother's death.

Basically correct, but she doesn't blame him for his mother's death. At least she doesn't do so in the novel.

No, what she does is:

Spoiler

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

No, what she does is:

Spoiler

Sorry but... Could someone explain that? ^^''

Edited by favole, 05 August 2014 - 09:39 PM.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Sorry but... Could someone explain that? ^^''

I'll write a summary in a few days. Probably already tomorrow.

Spoiler

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
She threw all the books that used to be his father's?
Can't decide

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

She threw all the books that used to be his father's?

Spoiler

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Nvm

Edited by chinilla, 14 August 2014 - 07:23 PM.

lfb

lfb

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Spoiler

What did she throw away that belonged to Hide and how did Hide destroy her scheme? 

Now that "Tokyo Ghoul" is over, I want to to know more about Hide. ;-; I've been looking around for translated novel summaries, but so far, I've only found 2 summaries on Tsukiyama's part.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

IIRC, it was some kind of women's fashion magazine that contained a special feature about Hide's favorite artist.

Hide knew the place where the thrown away books would be collected. He led Kaneki there and they started searching for his books in a pile of books. And before that, Hide forced Kaneki's aunt to agree that Kaneki can keep his books (she has to keep up a public image).

I mostly wrote the summary here: http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_2_%28novel_3%29 . It's quite detailed (it's almost a renarration), but as in the manga, details are important here. I left out some minor details, though (like "Yuu-chan", some model (?) that is also featured in Hide's magazine).

But I haven't finished the summary yet. I'll have to get back to it sometime.

Edited by Old McDonald, 15 September 2014 - 09:25 PM.

Ade_S

Ade_S

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts

IIRC, it was some kind of women's fashion magazine that contained a special feature about Hide's favorite artist.

Hide knew the place where the thrown away books would be collected. He led Kaneki there and they started searching for his books in a pile of books. And before that, Hide forced Kaneki's aunt to agree that Kaneki can keep his books (she has to keep up a public image).

I mostly wrote the summary here: http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_2_%28novel_3%29 . It's quite detailed (it's almost a renarration), but as in the manga, details are important here. I left out some minor details, though (like "Yuu-chan", some model (?) that is also featured in Hide's magazine).

Thanking for all your efforts.

And in another note I ended crying thinking in the tragic life of Kaneki Ken.

lfb

lfb

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Thank you so much! I enjoyed reading every bit of that summary. (wow, so many referenced details. Also, Hide is by far the best bro I've seen in anime/manga)

YuuChanneru

YuuChanneru

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hey!

Just wanted to say that I have started translating novel 1, "Hibi". I am almost done with chapter 3 and will post the rest of ch3 in a few days.

If you have suggestions as to what chapter you would like to get translated next, please vote Here or write me on my tumblr here

You can read my translation only here for now, since Baka-Tsuki's registration is acting up and all...

Ade_S

Ade_S

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts

Hey!

Just wanted to say that I have started translating novel 1, "Hibi". I am almost done with chapter 3 and will post the rest of ch3 in a few days.

If you have suggestions as to what chapter you would like to get translated next, please vote Here or write me on my tumblr here

You can read my translation only here for now, since Baka-Tsuki's registration is acting up and all...

Everyone in this life needs more Hide and less Tsukiyama.

AChan

AChan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hi there!
I also started to translate chapter about Tsukiyama and Hori Chie, but from the second volume.

http://asarachan.tumblr.com/post/101369440470/tokyo-ghoul-novel-empty-days-chapter-3-photography

P.S.: I appologize for all mistakes you may find - English is not my native language.

Edited by AChan, 30 October 2014 - 11:08 PM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Great. There are many people translating that chapter about Tsukiyama and Hori Chie.

I'm going to read them all :D

Can't decide

maplecat89

maplecat89

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

wow thank you for the all hard work ^^/