Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokyo Ghoul Novels

scans tokyo ghoul novel

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Hi there!
I also started to translate chapter about Tsukiyama and Hori Chie, but from the second volume.
http://asarachan.tumblr.com/post/101369440470/tokyo-ghoul-novel-empty-days-chapter-3-photography

P.S.: I appologize for all mistakes you may find - English is not my native language.

I just realized this because the mistake creeped into the wiki:
The second novel isn't called "Empty Days". It's "Blank Space/Empty Space/Void/Vacuum"! 空白, not 空日. (Personally, I like the translation "void". It has a nice ring to it.)

I'll fix it in the wiki, but I thought I should also point it out here.

Edited by Old McDonald, 21 November 2014 - 11:35 PM.

Frozen Ice

Frozen Ice

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

I am doing a summary of Novel One, Story one, the one where Hide gets approached by the Supernatural/paranormal/occult club about Kaneki being a ghoul.

Take this with a grain of salt, I summarize it from the mandarin-translated story. And also, my mandarin is just good enough so that I can look up the meanings of words I don't know (which is about 1/2 of all sentences) and fill in the blanks. The parts where details were skipped are mostly google translated, as it is time consuming to look up all the words and word them into something that makes sense.

Is now somewhere in the middle of part 3:

Spoiler

More detailed summary is taking too long, so here is a shorter summary of direct google translate garble. Given that I haven't checked any of the words, some parts could be outright wrong.

Spoiler

Edited by Frozen Ice, 29 November 2014 - 02:38 AM.

Gabyta07

Gabyta07

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 661 posts

I am doing a summary of Novel One, Story one, the one where Hide gets approached by the Supernatural/paranormal/occult club about Kaneki being a ghoul.

Take this with a grain of salt, I summarize it from the mandarin-translated story. And also, my mandarin is just good enough so that I can look up the meanings of words I don't know (which is about 1/2 of all sentences) and fill in the blanks. The parts where details were skipped are mostly google translated, as it is time consuming to look up all the words and word them into something that makes sense.

So, what I have so far:

Spoiler

Thanks that was truly interesting :D

"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Acernos

Acernos

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 283 posts

someone can tell me how is the participation of Kaneki in volume 2 of the light novel?

DorkingtonPugsly

DorkingtonPugsly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Here's the Cover art for the third volume.

SGuM85D.jpg

Acernos

Acernos

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 283 posts

Hot Touka.

maplecat89

maplecat89

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

is that touka with high knee boots?? 

wooh :o

Z4k

Z4k

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts

Touka has the same scarf Ayato had in the aogiri arc.

AChan

AChan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I just realized this because the mistake creeped into the wiki:
The second novel isn't called "Empty Days". It's "Blank Space/Empty Space/Void/Vacuum"! 空白, not 空日. (Personally, I like the translation "void". It has a nice ring to it.)

I'll fix it in the wiki, but I thought I should also point it out here.

Oh, I wanted to follow the "days" patern from 1st and 3rd novels' pattern. I changed it to "Futility" though, I think it suits more.

Nevertheless, I tranlsated the second part  too. As I said before, English is not my native, so I'm sorry for all mistakes I made.

P.S.: I found out yesterday, that my translation of the 1st part got published on wiki without any credit or link, and personally I'm not so OK with that. I'll appreciate if readers could go to my page to read the translation, so can you please replace full text with some kind of abstract or beginning and link to my tumblr? Thank you.

I made special tag for tg novels' translation, here it is:  http://asarachan.tumblr.com/tagged/tokyo-ghoul-novel

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Oh, I wanted to follow the "days" patern from 1st and 3rd novels' pattern. I changed it to "Futility" though, I think it suits more.
Nevertheless, I tranlsated the second part  too. As I said before, English is not my native, so I'm sorry for all mistakes I made.

But "Days" isn't in the title. And "Futility"... Hm, it's a bit of a stretch. I personally really liked "Void" (because the novel is filling the "void" of the after-Aogiri timeskip in the manga), but in the wiki, I went with the more literal translation "Blank Space".

P.S.: I found out yesterday, that my translation of the 1st part got published on wiki without any credit or link, and personally I'm not so OK with that. I'll appreciate if readers could go to my page to read the translation, so can you please replace full text with some kind of abstract or beginning and link to my tumblr? Thank you.
I made special tag for tg novels' translation, here it is:  http://asarachan.tumblr.com/tagged/tokyo-ghoul-novel

I'll do something about that. You can be sure that your translation will vanish from the page in a few days, when we've discussed it at the wiki. (If not, send me a reminder, either here or at the wiki.)

AChan

AChan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

But "Days" isn't in the title. And "Futility"... Hm, it's a bit of a stretch. I personally really liked "Void" (because the novel is filling the "void" of the after-Aogiri timeskip in the manga), but in the wiki, I went with the more literal translation "Blank Space".

I see your point. I really haven't thought about it, I just liked the word futility, because it resonates with Kaneki's frustration, but now I like your idea more...

I'll do something about that. You can be sure that your translation will vanish from the page in a few days, when we've discussed it at the wiki. (If not, send me a reminder, either here or at the wiki.)

Sorry about that, I'm happy to share the translation, and may be I'm really bit of egoistic. Thank you for your hard work!

rutilation

rutilation

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Someone translated the chapter with Kaneki and his aunt and stuff

Titeya

Titeya

Potato

• Members
  • 101 posts

Here's a short story written by the novels author it takes time during the 6 month time skip of the first TG

yes

yes

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

is a novel fully translated yet?

Lucario79

Lucario79

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Unless someone else comes along, I plan to translate both the novels. That will be after I have translated all of the comic (so after THS catches up to the magazine), as well as [JACK] and whatnot. No matter who ends up translating this, I hope everyone can enjoy it! ^ ^

Please translate Chapter 2 of the first novel and the first chapter of the third novel?? I want to read about Ayato and Touka... ;.;
Please help me!!! Thank you....! I'm sorry for bothering you, but, please help!!