Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokyo Ghoul Novels

scans tokyo ghoul novel

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

There isn't a whole lot of info out about the TG novel. All I really know is that the stories are written by Towada Shin and Ishida Sui contributed the illustrations. I'll be honest and say that I really don't know whats going on in the stories, nor do I know it's specific correlation to the main series. What I have decided to do is scan all the illustrations and post them here, since you can't really find them anywhere on the net (if anybody actually cares about this, then I'll scan the illustrations from the second novel when I get it as long as no one else does it first). I hope you like them, even if some of them are a little crooked. BTW, I have to do this in portions because of the forum restrictions.

Cover and Colored Art

Spoiler

First Story

Spoiler

Edited by chinilla, 13 June 2014 - 03:44 PM.

meridian meriadoc

meridian meriadoc

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

There isn't a whole lot of info out about the TG novel. All I really know is that the stories are written by Towada Shin and Ishida Sui contributed the illustrations. I'll be honest and say that I really don't know whats going on in the stories, nor do I know it's specific correlation to the main series. What I have decided to do is scan all the illustrations and post them here, since you can't really find them anywhere on the net (if anybody actually cares about this, then I'll scan the illustrations from the second novel when I get it as long as no one else does it first). I hope you like them, even if some of them are a little crooked.

Cover and Colored Art

Spoiler

First Story

Spoiler

Second Story 

Third Story (Tsukiyama is 16 years old in this story)

Fourth Story

Fifth Story

Mini Story

If only we had a translator :(! If I just had the base meanings, I wouldn't mind editing it and putting it on a website for everyone to enjoy! Thanks for you efforts though :) 

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
Second Story
Spoiler

Third Story (Tsukiyama is 16 years old in this story)
Spoiler

Edited by chinilla, 13 June 2014 - 01:43 AM.

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
Fourth Story
Spoiler

Fifth Story
Spoiler

Edited by chinilla, 13 June 2014 - 01:42 AM.

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
Mini Story
Spoiler

Spoiler

That's the last of it. Sorry to bother everyone.

Edited by chinilla, 13 June 2014 - 03:32 PM.

Morbid_Charade

Morbid_Charade

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

Unless someone else comes along, I plan to translate both the novels. That will be after I have translated all of the comic (so after THS catches up to the magazine), as well as [JACK] and whatnot. No matter who ends up translating this, I hope everyone can enjoy it! ^ ^

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Unless someone else comes along, I plan to translate both the novels. That will be after I have translated all of the comic (so after THS catches up to the magazine), as well as [JACK] and whatnot. No matter who ends up translating this, I hope everyone can enjoy it! ^ ^

Great!

There are already 3 novels (even though the second novel hasn't even been released yet). The third one just started serialization in Miracle Jump. It's titled "Old Days" and it's about the past of some characters. The first chapter was about Touka and Ayato. The second will be about Kaneki, about the time when he was happy (or at least, that's what's written at the end of the Touka's chapter). Maybe it's some story about him and his mother? I'm really looking forward to Kaneki's chapter. We know the rough outline of his past, but because he never talks about it, most of the details are missing. The biggest reveal would be the cause of Kaneki's father's death, but I suspect that something is hidden there, so perhaps it will be revealed in the manga.

Edited by Old McDonald, 17 June 2014 - 06:13 PM.

Morbid_Charade

Morbid_Charade

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

Ohh~ I didn't know there was a third novel being serialized! How exciting! It sounds really interesting. *_* Just today I ordered the second novel so I'm already pretty eager about that.

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Oh....my...gawd..... I would die if I actually got to read the chapter about Tsukiyama......

Edited by chinilla, 18 June 2014 - 08:04 PM.

meridian meriadoc

meridian meriadoc

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

If you need any help (apart from translating, such as editing and whatnot), I'm up for it!!

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Sorry for the long wait, but my copy of the second novel just arrived today! 

Cover and intro

Spoiler

Edited by chinilla, 07 July 2014 - 09:33 PM.

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Wow nice pictures! Thanks!

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Story #1

Spoiler

Story #2

Spoiler

Edited by chinilla, 07 July 2014 - 11:28 PM.

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Story #3

Spoiler

Story #4

Spoiler

Edited by chinilla, 07 July 2014 - 11:59 PM.

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

Are these novels canon or filler? Both?

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Are these novels canon or filler? Both?

Nobody really knows since there are still no English summaries or translations, but I'm betting that they are more filler then anything.

Mini story and author message

Spoiler

Thats it!

chipathy

chipathy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

9fRpaYu.png who is this

chinilla

chinilla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

9fRpaYu.png who is this

Judging by the piercings, outfit and story context, I'm guessing he's just a friend of Uta's.

chipathy

chipathy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

i really dig his outfit. 

so i guess we can assume this is an alternate story/setting then?

Morbid_Charade

Morbid_Charade

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

9fRpaYu.png who is this

Her name is Asa and she appears in the second novel. She wants to be a mask maker like Uta after stumbling upon his shop.

As for whether this is canon or not... well, the story is backed up Ishida. And this novel is about the events that happen between vol 8 and vol 9.  I think in this case it could be considered canon, though I obviously can't say with 100% certainty.

Edited by Morbid_Charade, 09 July 2014 - 03:21 AM.