Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[spoilers] Androssi X Baam- Baam's Response???

Androssi Baam Dating Luurve~ ;P

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

Poll: Androssi x Baam (255 member(s) have cast votes)

How will Baam respond?

1. He'll accept, and go out with her~ <3 (74 votes [29.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.02%

2. He'll reject her [nicely, of course] :'( (27 votes [10.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.59%

3. Voted He will not give her a proper answer D:< (154 votes [60.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I'm thinking the entire premise of this thread might be off base. It seems likelier to me that Androssi is not someone who is going to have some kind of moonlit confession moment, and will instead just begin carrying on with Baam as though he's already her partner. From what we have seen, she seems to have already decided that it's a done deal. The ball would then land in Baam's court to be sufficiently bothered by her presumption to put a stop to it. Perhaps he would, and perhaps he wouldn't.

I agree with the first part of what you said, it makes sense.

However, the bold part is troublesome. Why "put a stop to it"? You say it like it's a bad thing, like homophobs speak of gay people. Why would a relationship be a bad thing? What is so bad about relationships in mangas/anime that they are so damn rare for main characters?

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I agree with the first part of what you said, it makes sense.

However, the bold part is troublesome. Why "put a stop to it"? You say it like it's a bad thing, like homophobs speak of gay people. Why would a relationship be a bad thing? What is so bad about relationships in mangas/anime that they are so damn rare for main characters?

I don't think it's a bad thing at all. But if Baam doesn't feel that way about Androssi and isn't comfortable being romantically entwined with her, then he just doesn't. Maybe he'll decide that he likes it. Most likely he'll just confuse her affection for the same kind of tactile friendship that Rak and others show.

Edited by Lester, 15 April 2014 - 08:10 AM.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I think you need different wording then. Because the line in bold is not good at all, sounds too negative.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Fine, I edited it a bit.

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Baam has no intention for romance and Androssi infatuation is one-sided. 

Androssi chances are like me longing for Jessica Alba and she has no interest or even know about it.  Baam treats everyone equally and probably forever friend-zone each girl he comes by.

Edited by Sho'Nuff, 15 April 2014 - 08:17 AM.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Fine, I edited it a bit.

Yeah, that sounds a lot better.

Baam has no intention for romance and Androssi infatuation is one-sided. 

Androssi chances are like me longing for Jessica Alba and she has no interest or even know about it.  Baam treats everyone equally and probably forever friend-zone each girl he comes by.

Makes makes you say  that?

Also, You won't even ever meet Jessica Alba. Baam however, not only met Androssi, but influenced her, as she has him.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Yeah, that sounds a lot better.

Makes makes you say  that?

Also, You won't even ever meet Jessica Alba. Baam however, not only met Androssi, but influenced her, as she has him.

Because Baam actually hasn't shown any intentions for romance and it's only one-sided for Androssi, same for the other girls too.

Poor analogy on my part.  Let us  say I like a girl and told all my friends we are dating, it doesn't mean it's true and we are together currently.  When the girl is aware of the self-claimed relationship I have with her, she will probably reject me and things will be quite awkward for now on.

Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder there.........I just made you say underwear.
I think their relationship has been foreshadowed since S1. (On Ipad so I wont go into detail) but its not like he hasnt flatout dumped her like he did Yihwa. Hell "I have no interest in your body" doesnt hold a candle to "the heart moves where the heart wills". Androssi tried to dissuade him from going after Rachel and he got burned. Maybe this time around with a more resolved Androssi she stands at the very least more of a chance than she did in season1. This is just what I think/hope will happen because I like their characters and think they compliment each other nicely. Of course in a perfect tower Yuri would swoop in kick him in the face and run off with him in the night cackling like an idiot.

Edit: ah yeah I voted yes because Dr. Cheese said if I believe hard enough it will come true.....PLEASE SANTA

Edited by Shenanigans, 15 April 2014 - 11:39 AM.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.
I believe then a lot harder, considering that Yihwa has started to show more and more affection with each passing day.

kfi6l.jpg

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

I don't think he should, because, right now, Rachel is the objective of the comic (ike it or not), and Baam saying yes to Androssi would implie he doesn't care much about her anymore, thus the comics loses sense. At least for me.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

menofhorror

menofhorror

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 338 posts

To be honest, this simply dialog between Baam and Androssi and it`s resolution will probably be SIU`s biggest challenge and there is quite some pressure on it.

I bet the Baam/Androssi shipping has a lot of korean fans behind it so it wil be tough to deliver on this without making going out-of-character with each of them.

Really not sure what Baam will say but I hope he will say yes. Didn`t he promise her in season 1 or something? Can`t remember exaclty but Androssi said that he would go on a date with her if she helps her. So Baam knew about it didn`t he?

Scaze

Scaze

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 772 posts

Inb4 Baam is a horny teenager little boy. 

Edited by Scaze, 15 April 2014 - 12:36 PM.

Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder there.........I just made you say underwear.

Really not sure what Baam will say but I hope he will say yes. Didn`t he promise her in season 1 or something? Can`t remember exaclty but Androssi said that he would go on a date with her if she helps her. So Baam knew about it didn`t he?

I think that was just what she said to get a rise out of Yuri who was giving Baam such obvious importance and attention. Now Androssi is using it as an excuse for a date.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I don't think he should, because, right now, Rachel is the objective of the comic (ike it or not), and Baam saying yes to Androssi would implie he doesn't care much about her anymore, thus the comics loses sense. At least for me.

Actualy, what you're saying doesn't make sense. Baam used to see Rachel as his savior, she was all he knew and he wanted her back, he wanted her safe, he wanted her wish fullfiled. But then she tried to kill him, and there is no doubt Baam will on or offscreen be filled out by Koon as to what she did.

Baam no longer searches for Rachel because of those reasons, but because he wants answers. A romantic relationship doesn't mean dropping an interest in anything women related.

Because Baam actually hasn't shown any intentions for romance and it's only one-sided for Androssi, same for the other girls too.

Poor analogy on my part.  Let us  say I like a girl and told all my friends we are dating, it doesn't mean it's true and we are together currently.  When the girl is aware of the self-claimed relationship I have with her, she will probably reject me and things will be quite awkward for now on.

Doesn't mean he can't start showing it. Wants to try it out, maybe is interested, maybe he is just curious to what it is and ends up liking it...

I mean, what's wrong with a relationship starting midstory and then staying like that for the rest of the story? Why don't we ever see that? Why is it so hard for authors to include romance for their MCs in stories that are not pure romance/slice of life?

You know what I loved about Sword Art Online? (I also denounce the existance of everything after episode 14). THE RELATIONSHIP THAT STARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW! MC BEING CAPABLE OF ROMANTIC LOVE! I think it gave a lot of quality and took off a lot of potential frustration over "another MC incapable of love".

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

I really don't see where there's any justification for making this claim at all.  

Baam hasn't been training in FUG and climbing the tower over the last eight years, simply to find Rachel.  It's been to protect his friends from FUG.  While that includes Rachel, it isn't remotely limited to her.   

As for her part -- what Rachel has been doing in the last eight years is so indistinct that there's no way it can be the objective of the comic, except coincidentally to the real action of the characters who actually have been spotlighted.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I mean, what's wrong with a relationship starting midstory and then staying like that for the rest of the story? Why don't we ever see that? Why is it so hard for authors to include romance for their MCs in stories that are not pure romance/slice of life?

Because at the end of the day, this is a business before it's an art form. Nothing in the medium gets fans more riled up and butthurt than shipping. SIU is (at some point, we hope) about to go on an extended hiatus. It's probably not smart business for him to commit hard to shipping Baam and Androssi, as much as some of us might like him to. Why? Because making that decision, while elating the Baam/Androssi segments of the fanbase, enrages and disappoints the people who sail other ships. Same logic, positions reversed if he torpedoes them here. Either way ends with a lot of angry fans who might not return when Tower of God does. So, if he deals with this issue at all, he's probably likeliest to conceive of some way to perpetuate the status quo.

As I've said, I think he's going to deftly avoid the hard yes or no by just having Androssi continue to behave like she's acted in the previous dozen chapters. So if I had to vote in the poll (I haven't and don't really intend to) then I would go with the non-answer option. Baam won't be able to accept or reject her confession, because she isn't going to bother making one.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

And unfortunetly, fans are fucking stupid and ruin stories with terrorism, they don't allow authors to tell their stories.

I am shipping Androssi X Baam as if it's the only thing that matters in ToG, but if he were to end up with someone else, go ahead! At least the author wouldn't chicken out of a romance like so many do. I lose respect for those kinds of stories and their authors, and in fact, do not own any anime that chickens out of romance where there is one.

I do follow Bleach though, even though Ichigo X Rukia not happening totaly pisses me off, Bleach is just stylish as fuck xD

Edited by Will of NGE, 15 April 2014 - 04:30 PM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Helz

Helz

Potato

• Members
  • 196 posts

Yaaah.. I dont know. Siu might actually put them together just to possibly break them up for shits and giggles since TOG has absolutely no "solid" genre which makes everything fall into it. It does have some romance yet is it not romance, it has fighting yet not all floor tests are about fighting so it is not really pure action genre, it has scifi yet it is not scifi, it has both seinen and shounen.. Its like a magic bag.

all i know for sure is that SIU is a massive troller and might put a punch under your waist before you even notice he was on the scene.

Edited by Helz, 15 April 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

I picked up TOG and like many others enjoyed it when there wasn't a discussion of romance/shipping when female characters started appearing.  If SIU chooses to let Baam experience love kudos, but no need to force it.  TOG isn't romance to begin with.  SIU already alter his story to less causalities for the younger readers and I'm going to be piss if he alter his story again just for some shipping and harems. 

There's about a billion romance mangas on Batoto, don't take this story from me.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Well , though i don't hope he rejects her but i just hope he(Baam) proves to me that he can have interest in the opposite sex , i have had enough with all those Shounen Mangas where Mc doesn't have any interest in girls at all, but loves to say the Nakama this , Nakama that,  , at least i can sympathize with him if he says something like '' i can't have a relationship , right now '', something along those lines ,which in a way says but in the future ''I'll''...... 

Edited by salvatore, 15 April 2014 - 04:16 PM.