Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[spoilers] Androssi X Baam- Baam's Response???

Androssi Baam Dating Luurve~ ;P

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

Poll: Androssi x Baam (255 member(s) have cast votes)

How will Baam respond?

1. He'll accept, and go out with her~ <3 (74 votes [29.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.02%

2. He'll reject her [nicely, of course] :'( (27 votes [10.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.59%

3. Voted He will not give her a proper answer D:< (154 votes [60.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Doesn't matter how long HwaRyun was around Baam. HwaRyun clearly has no interest in any kind of romantic relationship. Her wants and desires are somewhere else.

Yihwa... no, SIU kind of made it so by making her a gag character shortly after she was introduced.

Rachel... I doubt it, I just... I can't see it.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Scaze

Scaze

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 772 posts

Doesn't matter how long HwaRyun was around Baam. HwaRyun clearly has no interest in any kind of romantic relationship. Her wants and desires are somewhere else.

Yihwa... no, SIU kind of made it so by making her a gag character shortly after she was introduced.

Rachel... I doubt it, I just... I can't see it.

Then I think we all know the answer.  :rolleyes:

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Then I think we all know the answer.  :rolleyes:

Yap. Androssi.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Nic

Nic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

So, I started reading this comic about ten days ago and have already managed a reread as well during that time.  Thanks to not having much to do at work and this comic being pretty addicting.  

Anyways on the topic at hand, I don't personally see Baam returning feelings for any of the girls, at least not before we near the end of the series or possibly in an epilogue.  Besides SIU is clearly setting up a little harem for Baam and the fastest way to screw that set up is by having an actual canonized pairing so early in the story.  Having said that if he does return feelings I'd be rather shocked if it's for anyone else than Androssi considering her interactions with Baam have had a lot more and deeper focus overall than his interactions with any other girls in the series and just seem more important overall.  Not to mention it's going to be continuing plot line due to the heavy foreshadowing that her feelings will get her in serious trouble. Also another reason why i see this pairing possible (then again only at the end of the series) is due to the continuing contrast that SIU has made between Rachel and Androssi.  Such examples are the hand holding (the betrayal vs Androssi helping up the tower, actually had another held hand moment right before the betrayal), the friend list where Rachel is first and Androssi is last with a double arrow pointing to one another (what is up with that anyways?), the continuing conflict with Rachel always being in her way, strong vs weak, good looking vs not, etc.  Whether or not she gets her feelings requited who knows, but it's clear to me that she's far more important to Baam's plot line than any of the other possible love interest. 

Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder there.........I just made you say underwear.

You're alright by me Nic. 

Spoiler

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

So, I started reading this comic about ten days ago and have already managed a reread as well during that time.  Thanks to not having much to do at work and this comic being pretty addicting.  

Anyways on the topic at hand, I don't personally see Baam returning feelings for any of the girls, at least not before we near the end of the series or possibly in an epilogue.  Besides SIU is clearly setting up a little harem for Baam and the fastest way to screw that set up is by having an actual canonized pairing so early in the story.  Having said that if he does return feelings I'd be rather shocked if it's for anyone else than Androssi considering her interactions with Baam have had a lot more and deeper focus overall than his interactions with any other girls in the series and just seem more important overall.  Not to mention it's going to be continuing plot line due to the heavy foreshadowing that her feelings will get her in serious trouble. Also another reason why i see this pairing possible (then again only at the end of the series) is due to the continuing contrast that SIU has made between Rachel and Androssi.  Such examples are the hand holding (the betrayal vs Androssi helping up the tower, actually had another held hand moment right before the betrayal), the friend list where Rachel is first and Androssi is last with a double arrow pointing to one another (what is up with that anyways?), the continuing conflict with Rachel always being in her way, strong vs weak, good looking vs not, etc.  Whether or not she gets her feelings requited who knows, but it's clear to me that she's far more important to Baam's plot line than any of the other possible love interest. 

Well, hi, new guy. You didn't come on the best of times, with all the chapters removed just today, but hi nonetheless.

That was already explained by SIU (the freaking genius). Do you remember when Rachel disguised as Michelle Light? Well, Baam knew she was Rachel, and he showed the list to Androssi to say her that he knows who Michelle is.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

White People

White People

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

Double arrows just means they're supposed to be swapped so endorsi's first instead of last

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Double arrows just means they're supposed to be swapped so endorsi's first instead of last

On the surface, yes.

But it may also visually foreshadow how Bam's relationships will change over time.  Until we see how he'll interact with Rachel post-betrayal, to what degree Endorsi will continue to risk herself as a Jahad Princess for him, and to what degree all three of their respective goals in the tower ultimately conflict with each other, it's too early to dismiss that possibility.

After all, Rachel's "save the tower" rhetoric at the end of S2 sounds rather ominous.  

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

On the surface, yes.

But it may also visually foreshadow how Bam's relationships will change over time.  Until we see how he'll interact with Rachel post-betrayal, to what degree Endorsi will continue to risk herself as a Jahad Princess for him, and to what degree all three of their respective goals in the tower ultimately conflict with each other, it's too early to dismiss that possibility.

After all, Rachel's "save the tower" rhetoric at the end of S2 sounds rather ominous.  

That... would be a rather odd foreshadow, actually.

I mean, he treated Androssi quite well, even though she was on the bottom of his list visually, as he also treated Rachel really well

So, other than the ship implication, how will Rachel's relationship with Baam change over time to something that resembles the way he initially behaved towards Androssi, when things so far only change for the worse between them? (Rachel and Baam, I mean.)

kfi6l.jpg

Mohsen

Mohsen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
in my opinion none of them so far.some other character would appear and steal his heart ^^

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

That... would be a rather odd foreshadow, actually.

I mean, he treated Androssi quite well, even though she was on the bottom of his list visually, as he also treated Rachel really well

So, other than the ship implication, how will Rachel's relationship with Baam change over time to something that resembles the way he initially behaved towards Androssi, when things so far only change for the worse between them? (Rachel and Baam, I mean.)

It doesn't foreshadow the way that Baam will come to treat Rachel, but the way she (and Endorsi) will come to treat him.

And it's not just shipping: here's where I'm coming from.

Rachel was Bam's first friend, and will likely never not be one of Bam's most important persons.  Even after she pushed him to his (apparent) death, he still has moments like on Archimedes where he wishes he could depend on her to tell him what to do.  I think it's highly unlikely he will ever not treat her well.

But Endorsi's name is last place on Bam's list: directly below Serena, Hoh, and Lozeal.  

Serena admitted to feeling so jealous of  Bam that she felt better calling him names and talking behind his back (Chapter 1-54).  Hoh was so jealous of Bam that he killed himself after betraying their friendship and trying to make him fail (1-49).  Lozeal was the foreground character when Khun warned Bam that some of those who passed the first two tests played cheap and dirty (1-9), and while she doesn't do much after the Crown Game we do see her cozying up to Anaak, who stole Black March and should therefore be Bam's worst enemy on 2F (1-50). So it's not much of a stretch to conclude she, too, was far more false in her stated friendship than true.

Whether Rachel was jealous of Bam before they entered the tower, it's pretty clear she is by the time Headon got through with her.  Because she has already betrayed their friendship once by "killing" him to achieve her own ends.  And considering the two known "friends" she's working with to save the tower (Michael and Cassano) she certainly appears likely to betray again.

Endorsi, OTOH, has appeared genuinely willing to sacrifice her own ends to truly be friends (if not lovers!) with Bam, throughout both S1 and S2.  She's also (probably) one of the silhouettes around Bam in Rachel's dream from 1-30.

[edit]: gods, this new translation is killing me.

Edited by rak n' roll, 25 July 2014 - 06:17 PM.

Rak_Wrath

Rak_Wrath

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts

Since Baam met Black March, I got the feeling that all of the ladies would gather around him and swoon. Since Baam met Androssi and Yihwa, I got the feeling that essentially every woman in a position of power would gather around Baam and swoon. I think Baam x Androssi would be interesting, but I don't know who I'm rooting for (actually I do, my sense of humor desires Yuri x Baam). I never really saw anything between Hwa Ryun and Baam, I think she likes Baam's mission more than she likes Baam, but she probably understands him the most out of everyone in the series.

I just want to see Baam meet up with Black March again. Idk, I think it'd be funny/cute to have them catch up; have Baam apologize for allowing her to get taken away. It'd be cool to see her offer her services to Baam, and see Yuri pissed as hell.

~I am RaLeader~

~A true leader of these troubled times~

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

[edit]: gods, this new translation is killing me.

If you hate LINE's name translations to such degree, nobody is forcing you to use them in your posts. I don't and probably never will. FFS, 'Bam' makes him sound like a damned Flintstones character. Well, he IS a caveman in one sense I suppose. But it's still not the mental image I want to get every time I read his name.

Edited by Lester, 26 July 2014 - 02:37 AM.

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

If you hate LINE's name translations to such degree, nobody is forcing you to use them in your posts. I don't and probably never will. FFS, 'Bam' makes him sound like a damned Flintstones character. Well, he IS a caveman in one sense I suppose. But it's still not the mental image I want to get every time I read his name.

Nobody is, of course, and I do so personally prefer The Company's translations and names.

However, now that there's an "official" translation that actually puts coins in the author's pockets, I feel obliged.

Mohsen

Mohsen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

Nobody is, of course, and I do so personally prefer The Company's translations and names.

However, now that there's an "official" translation that actually puts coins in the author's pockets, I feel obliged.

Official? Which translation you mean?

Rak_Wrath

Rak_Wrath

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts

Official? Which translation you mean?

LINE (webtoons.com)

~I am RaLeader~

~A true leader of these troubled times~

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Not really logical, but whatever suits you I guess. Using one set of names or another on the forums here isn't making or costing SIU a dime. All that matters on that end is whether you read the comic. I'll be reading both the raws and LINE's translation (as will most everybody else, whether they'll acknowledge it or not) because there isn't much of a viable alternative at this point, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go on that note. But I only commented to begin with because I generally enjoy your posts, and it makes me a sad panda to have to want to reach for the brain bleach after reading them now.

Edited by Lester, 26 July 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Yanoshii

Yanoshii

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 226 posts

Isn't the bigger question, how will the tower react when the find out a slayer candidate, who is actually an irregular, is alive and choosing Princesses to date...

Why_so_serious__by_inge80.jpg

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

But I only commented to begin with because I generally enjoy your posts, and it makes me a sad panda to have to want to reach for the brain bleach after reading them now.

You think reading them is hard, it's worse writing them -- I swear, every single time I reference a character I have to triple-check to make sure I've got it "right" consistently through the post.  But even the "wrong" names and subtle differences in how the new translation interprets various situations don't register, because I'm too familiar with The Company's version.

Ah screw it, maybe I'll backslide just so that writing comments here isn't so much damn work.

Anak

Anak

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPoint of No Return

"...You are a beautiful woman, Androssi. Strong, unique, brave. You are never afraid to speak your mind or enforce your opinion, to claim what you wish or deliver your justice when you see fit. You are a great companion, a great ally, a friend. Though a thorny rose, you are one that I could never imagine out of the garden that is my life. Its petals vivid and its aroma intoxicating, you are one like which there is no other. I love you, Androssi... But I'm not in love with you. It is not because of your flaws. It is not because I am afraid of petty things such ruining our friendship. It is not because of some odd sibling view I have upon you. It is just that I simply cannot view you the way you want me to. You are like an apple; No matter how juicy or red you are, no matter how you melt in my mouth with your tender sweetness, I... simply don't like apples. I prefer peaches or oranges or lotus or cherries. I prefer bananas, pineapples, tomatoes... But simply not apples... But don't get me wrong. Just because I don't love you the way you want me to, doesn"t mean that I don't love you with all I have."

HAHAHAHAHAHAA! I died laughing. Oh yeah. Bam loves Bananas all right. He likes yellow things SO much. :))

Anyways on the topic at hand, I don't personally see Baam returning feelings for any of the girls, at least not before we near the end of the series or possibly in an epilogue.  Besides SIU is clearly setting up a little harem for Baam and the fastest way to screw that set up is by having an actual canonized pairing so early in the story. 

I agree. Also, I think Bam is not yet ready for love and relationships. Sure, you have the filial love seen in his friendships with the other characters...but his relationship with Rachel was different. Throughout the first season, Rachel was portrayed as someone that Bam revered, worshiped even. She was his "star". One may look at this as innocent and pure feelings; after all, Rachel is the only girl/person he has ever interacted with, the one who taught him everything--from reading to the fabled world outside and even the Tower. It was clear, however, that he loved her, truly and deeply. I would wager that Rachel, in essence, symbolized all aspects of woman to him: best friend, sister, mother, daughter, partner, love. This realization is actually one of the reasons why her betrayal is so, SO painful (I was honestly shell-shocked the first time I saw that chapter). That said, I don't believe Bam is ready for something like that...yet. Though he did date Androssi once, I doubt he understands what "dating" truly implies. For all we know, he probably thinks "dating" is a fancy term for hanging out. He may like Androssi, but I don't think he likes her the way she would want to be liked. Because for now, Bam is still too fixated on finding out Rachel's reasons for betraying him. As much as I hate to admit it, Bam still lives in the shadow of Rachel, and will not stop until he finds out why she gave him up for the top. I think though that once he finds closure, he will be able to look in other places (Androssi, possibly...or one of the other princesses...who knows?). 

gintoki.jpg

''Inside me, there is an organ more important than my heart. Although you can´t see it, I feel it going right through my head and down to my legs, and I know that it exists inside me. It´s the one that lets me stand up and walk forward. So that I can walk forward, without ever trembling. If I stopped here I feel like it would break...My soul would break. Even more than if my heart stops beating, to me that is the most important. Even if I become senile and my back gets bent, I still have to walk foward.''

Gintama Episode 27.