Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Training Old Skills?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

I believe that the "system" would have the required algorithm necessary to prevent stuff like that happening. 

But yes, I believe it could be the source of quite a lot of drama if somebody could force him to choose specific things. But I don't think that people will know about his ability to the extend of knowing that there's a pop-up message system. If, however, I were to observe from afar (...Pun... not intended? I'm not certain myself.) and see that his ability copies most elements from video-games (Or saw that he points at random directions as if pressing something), I would get interested.

But I do not know what the message says and I don't know if he's lying about what the message says. A Gamer's mind would help him to be calm during the procedure, so torturing him wouldn't work. And what if the message is something like "A vicious NPC is endlessly harassing you. Would you like him banned?"? Then I'm royally screwed if he pushes that bottom, for the planet itself will spit me out like a gum.

Out of freaking orbit.

At Mach 7.

If you had super-hearing, anytime now, you be hearing a "pop".

(...Superman vs the Elite.)

Being able to stay calm doesn't prevent him from feeling pain so how long it will take before he will just want pain to end, week, month, half a year ? what if they torture his friend ? staying calm won't help him if he doesn't find way to rescue his friend, I don't think he would be able to say no if his friends are tortured.

Of course there is always possibility that bad guy forces main character to press button that will screw up bad guy XD.

hajiaweis

hajiaweis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Being able to stay calm doesn't prevent him from feeling pain so how long it will take before he will just want pain to end, week, month, half a year ? what if they torture his friend ? staying calm won't help him if he doesn't find way to rescue his friend, I don't think he would be able to say no if his friends are tortured.

Of course there is always possibility that bad guy forces main character to press button that will screw up bad guy XD.

This is why he should think ahead and create a skill that will help him out.... Lol it would be said if its someone outside of the abyss then technequally he shouldn't be able to use any of the skills on them.
Or maybe a beast taming skill. People shouldn't realize that it's a speciall power. They might just think he tamed the animals himself.
Or the animals just like him :)

Casval

Casval

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

Pain doesnt last long for him because of the gamer's body passive, where he never appears to sustain injuries, instead his HP bar goes down.  Torturing won't work on a person who knows that there isn't any real damage you can do to him short of actually killing him.

On the more recent topic, Gaia (the entity that gives powers) does not allow interference with daily life.  It's more likely that he will be killed by Gaia for revealing his power; rather than an ordinary person to 'accidentally' use his menu system or activate popup messages.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Pain doesnt last long for him because of the gamer's body passive, where he never appears to sustain injuries, instead his HP bar goes down.  Torturing won't work on a person who knows that there isn't any real damage you can do to him short of actually killing him.

On the more recent topic, Gaia (the entity that gives powers) does not allow interference with daily life.  It's more likely that he will be killed by Gaia for revealing his power; rather than an ordinary person to 'accidentally' use his menu system or activate popup messages.

You are underestimating effect of pain on human mind, pain doesn't have to be long to break someone, for example slowly  dripping water onto someone's forehead, looks harmless but it isn't, even though it isn't VERY painful and the pain doesn't last very long but cumulative effect IS enough break someones mind(it starts to feel after a while like someone is drilling a hole or hammering a nail into your skull). In reality human mind is VERY  fragile.

Not necessarily, since not every message creates "visible" effect. But technically if someones else "FORCES"(even if by accident) main character into revealing his power, who is responsible for  interference: main character or that someone who forced him ?

Edited by Culaio29, 27 February 2014 - 06:24 AM.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

You are underestimating effect of pain on human mind, pain doesn't have to be long to break someone, for example slowly  dripping water onto someone's forehead, looks harmless but it isn't, even though it isn't VERY painful and the pain doesn't last very long but [/size]cumulative effect IS enough break someones mind(it starts to feel after a while like someone is drilling a hole or [/size]hammering a nail into your skull[/size]). In reality human mind is VERY [/size] fragile.[/size]

Not necessarily, since not every message creates "visible" effect. But technically if someones else "FORCES"(even if by accident) main character into revealing his power, who is responsible for  interference: main character or that someone who forced him ?

Pfff, tell that to the guy in my basement.
9 months of unimaginable pain and agony and he still refuses to tell me Coca Cola's secret ingredient. "I don't know", he says.

kfi6l.jpg

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

9 months of unimaginable pain and agony and he still refuses to tell me Coca Cola's secret ingredient. "I don't know", he says.

It means only that you aren't trying hard enough XD. You must use something MUCH scarier, something like..............................Hapsiel The Evangelist. Just mentioning his name fills my heart with TERROR O_o.

Hapsiel DON'T watch, it will destroy your sanity: link

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

It means only that you aren't trying hard enough XD. You must use something MUCH scarier, something like..............................Hapsiel The Evangelist. Just mentioning his name fills my heart with TERROR O_o.

Hapsiel DON'T watch, it will destroy your sanity: link

Tried it, but the instructions were unspecific. I ended up getting my... finger stuck in a VCR.
But anyway... I said it before and I'll say it again; Rip, rip, mother-fucking rip. One of the better techniques for close combat.

kfi6l.jpg

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Tried it, but the instructions were unspecific. I ended up getting my... finger stuck in a VCR.
But anyway... I said it before and I'll say it again; Rip, rip, mother-fucking rip. One of the better techniques for close combat.

good for you XD.

I wonder if it's possible to create "rip-someones-head-off"(spine included XD) skil or more advanced version "rip-someones-head-off-and-s...-down-their-neck" skill  XD

Edited by Culaio29, 27 February 2014 - 03:02 PM.

hajiaweis

hajiaweis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

good for you XD.

I wonder if it's possible to create "rip-someones-head-off"(spine included XD) skil or more advanced version "rip-someones-head-off-and-s...-down-their-neck" skill  XD

From what I noticed, he doesn't have one hit kills (like heart shots or ripping heads) or may not work because of his gamer body. But it seems to translate to criticals tho..... Maybe it's just me :/

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

From what I noticed, he doesn't have one hit kills (like heart shots or ripping heads) or may not work because of his gamer body. But it seems to translate to criticals tho..... Maybe it's just me :/

Indeed you are right, skill's like that are too OP to fit in rpg's games, at best it would work ONLY under specific conditions, like "death" spell from final fantasy.

by the way in chapter 25 we saw "head shot!" separately from "critical" hit, since "head shot" isn't really rpg thing I wonder if that means that his ability isn't based only on rpgs ?  

marcsoucy

marcsoucy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMonteal

Indeed you are right, skill's like that are too OP to fit in rpg's games, at best it would work ONLY under specific conditions, like "death" spell from final fantasy.

by the way in chapter 25 we saw "head shot!" separately from "critical" hit, since "head shot" isn't really rpg thing I wonder if that means that his ability isn't based only on rpgs ?  

there are head shots in borderland at least, and its a pretty rpg-ish game

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

there are head shots in borderland at least, and its a pretty rpg-ish game

Like you said it's rpg-ish game(fps-rpg mix) and not pure rpg, if gamer is similar to borderland it means that gamer isn't pure rpg.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Since it seems fairly easy to level up a skill to level 5. At least a couple of hours of work. Jee-Han should try and get all his skills . . . except maybe Fool's Act and Dishwashing to level 5. Just for increased effectiveness and efficiency. That would probably take a couple of days in total depending on the skill. Basically a weekend.

Except Fool's Act and Dishwashing?!  Those are key skills!  Dishwashing at level 1 already saves him 5% of dishwashing time and gets stains out quickly.  He should get that to at least level 10; just think of the time he'll save in his lifetime!  We're talking 15 minutes a day easy, maybe half an hour.  Plus he'll be able to keep old pots that normally you'd toss 'cause you can't get the old grime off them any more:  His would be spotless!  Of course, this skill is gonna grind itself whether he deliberately tries or not, so he doesn't need to actively work at it.

Meanwhile, Fool's Act only confuses opponents for a moment now, but imagine Fool's Act at level 10 or even 20!  Enemies would be falling all over themselves laughing, completely defenseless!  Be hilarious for the readers too.

I thought it was Coca leaves.  Although I believe back in the day it was actual cocaine.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Except Fool's Act and Dishwashing?!  Those are key skills!  Dishwashing at level 1 already saves him 5% of dishwashing time and gets stains out quickly.  He should get that to at least level 10; just think of the time he'll save in his lifetime!  We're talking 15 minutes a day easy, maybe half an hour.  Plus he'll be able to keep old pots that normally you'd toss 'cause you can't get the old grime off them any more:  His would be spotless!  Of course, this skill is gonna grind itself whether he deliberately tries or not, so he doesn't need to actively work at it.

Meanwhile, Fool's Act only confuses opponents for a moment now, but imagine Fool's Act at level 10 or even 20!  Enemies would be falling all over themselves laughing, completely defenseless!  Be hilarious for the readers too.

I wonder if its possible to unlock some hidden skills by reaching high level in Dishwashing, for example some secret martial arts moves, something like waxing in karate kid XD

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

I wonder if its possible to unlock some hidden skills by reaching high level in Dishwashing, for example some secret martial arts moves, something like waxing in karate kid XD

*ting*
A skill was created through a special action.
Through endless stacks of dishes, the ability that flows with the body, "Kung Fu Affinity", has been created.
Kung Fu Affinity(Passive), Lv1, Exp. 0.00%
You have a certain talent in the ancient martial arts, your patience and determination aualities of a true master.
From the bottom of your heart to the furthest of your soul to your fist in your opponent's face, discipline and tranquility moves your inner Ki and helps you flow as one with the world.
STR increased by 100%
VIT increased by 100%
DEX increased by 100%
WIS increased by 100%
Effects increased by 50% when Chunboo Inner Breathing Technique or Yunboo Inner Breathing Technique exists*.
*Amplifying effects stack upon one another.

'Everybody is Kung Fu fighting!'

Jee Han: "...That's broken beyond all reason and comprehension... And what's with the lyrics?"

kfi6l.jpg

xscraid

xscraid

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

No i don't think he should grind Rip..Its a STR base skill. He should focus mana base skill cause he got a lot of INT. He already have mana base defence 'Mana Shield' and offence 'energy bolt(to stun), spining mana arrow(to pierce) and spiral energy bolt(to destroy). He only need a mana base skill to amplify his speed. Rip is a dead skill to him untill he can increase his STR. Beside in his current lvl the enemies he will face will be harder and rip wont do jack. Its ok against a lvl 16 black slime with 1200HP but against a lvl34 legion zombie with god know how many hp = Game over. IMO he should grind his 2 minor mana att skill untill it can cope with his mana recovery rate and keep 1 major mana att skill for emergency use.

Edited by xscraid, 28 February 2014 - 07:43 AM.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

I think that most important skills to grind are "Chunbu Spirit Technique" and "Chunbu Outer Ki Technique" since both increase lots of stats and make other skills more useful. But eventually he will have to increase most of his stats(attributes) because they are to low for  "Chunbu Spirit Technique" and "Chunbu Outer Ki Technique" passive boost to have visible effect on them, he should have AT LEAST 10 points in every stats, his friend has 14 points in WEAKEST stat(14 wis and second weakest int has 21).

Since main character uses combination of "magic" and "martial arts" and he already increased his affinity for magic maybe he should increase his affinity toward martial arts ?

His friend once mentioned that there is martial arts version of "mana affinity", a body fit for martial arts(heaven and earth constitution), if increasing int given him "mana affinity" then increasing stats related to martial arts(str, vit, dex, one of those three) should give him body like that, his friend highest stat is VIT(87)so maybe that's most important stat for martial arts and maybe stat needed for "heaven and earth constitution". 

Casval

Casval

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

You are underestimating effect of pain on human mind, pain doesn't have to be long to break someone, for example slowly  dripping water onto someone's forehead, looks harmless but it isn't, even though it isn't VERY painful and the pain doesn't last very long but cumulative effect IS enough break someones mind(it starts to feel after a while like someone is drilling a hole or hammering a nail into your skull). In reality human mind is VERY  fragile.

He is immune to psychological effects from his passive "A Gamer's Mind".  Immune does not equal fragile and vulnerable to water torture.

If he is "forced" to reveal his power to someone who isn't in the Abyss who knows what Gaia will do, my guess is that it won't kill people it hasn't 'chosen'.  Maybe it will induct them into the Abyss since the situation is unique.  Hard to tell on that one.

On a more current topic, he certainly is becoming quite the mage, maybe he will incorporate elements into his mana bolt or arrow, sort of like a fireball or water arrow kind of thing.  That could happen after further mastery of the basic mana arrow or mana bolt perhaps.  As he is now he's kind of just an arcane mage, but I bet he could learn fire element from the girl, since shes able to "burn her soul" (from his observation of her), I would be willing to bet that her "burning soul" could be Jee-Han's burning mana arrow or maybe enchanting a sword or punch with flames or some such technique.  Thoughts?

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

He is immune to psychological effects from his passive "A Gamer's Mind".  Immune does not equal fragile and vulnerable to water torture.

If he is "forced" to reveal his power to someone who isn't in the Abyss who knows what Gaia will do, my guess is that it won't kill people it hasn't 'chosen'.  Maybe it will induct them into the Abyss since the situation is unique.  Hard to tell on that one.

On a more current topic, he certainly is becoming quite the mage, maybe he will incorporate elements into his mana bolt or arrow, sort of like a fireball or water arrow kind of thing.  That could happen after further mastery of the basic mana arrow or mana bolt perhaps.  As he is now he's kind of just an arcane mage, but I bet he could learn fire element from the girl, since shes able to "burn her soul" (from his observation of her), I would be willing to bet that her "burning soul" could be Jee-Han's burning mana arrow or maybe enchanting a sword or punch with flames or some such technique.  Thoughts?

and yet he isn't immune to "fear" which is actually status effect in many games, his skill only shown to let him quickly calm down after being afraid but NOT instatnly. like gamer body doesn't erase pain completly but make it that he has pain for only short time.

HailTheGamer

HailTheGamer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIllusion barrier

and yet he isn't immune to "fear" which is actually status effect in many games, his skill only shown to let him quickly calm down after being afraid but NOT instatnly. like gamer body doesn't erase pain completly but make it that he has pain for only short time.

Guys, don't take it too far... Lets just say author didn't want him to act as a fearless machine that doesn't feel any pain.