Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Training Old Skills?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

hajiaweis

hajiaweis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Personally, when I play an RPG, I would train every and any skill that I obtain. I was wondering if that was the same for you? If you obtained two skills at the same moment (or within a short time span) and one was slightly more skilled than the other, would you train them both?

Seeing how Han Jee-Han got the Spinning MANA ARROW and the ENERGY BOLT is a very good example. Though the grinding time might increase I see it beneficial to always have your old skills at high levels. Do you think Han Jee-Han should forget about certain moves like "MANA ARROW" and 'Energy Bolt" now?

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

I most of the time try to master all skills, I think he should keep training energy bolt because it still has its uses(explosive damage), but there is problem with mana arrow: there is VERY small difference in mana cost  between mana arrow and spinning mana arrow(ONE mp exactly) which kinda makes mana arrow meaningless unless there is somekind of hidden advantage to it, traning it will be meaningless and will take your time that could be use on training other skills

Gurkenglas

Gurkenglas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Actually, levelling up his current attacks is not of much use beyond the nigh-free token training of 30 minutes for lvl 3-5, if he is going to keep getting better skills. Rather, he should focus on honing his passives and other things, like Mana Shield, that won't be driven obsolete (since it grants a partial victory condition at level 26).

Edited by Gurkenglas, 14 February 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Actually, levelling up his current attacks is not of much use beyond the nigh-free token training of 30 minutes for lvl 3-5, if he is going to keep getting better skills. Rather, he should focus on honing his passives and other things, like Mana Shield, that won't be driven obsolete (since it grants a partial victory condition at level 26).

Of course but sometimes you can train both active and passive skills like he did with mana shield and inner ki technique, don't forget that he won against legion only thanks to his active attack skill, you can't win fight just by defending yourself.

Edited by Culaio29, 14 February 2014 - 05:03 PM.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Since it seems fairly easy to level up a skill to level 5. At least a couple of hours of work. Jee-Han should try and get all his skills . . . except maybe Fool's Act and Dishwashing to level 5. Just for increased effectiveness and efficiency. That would probably take a couple of days in total depending on the skill. Basically a weekend.

hajiaweis

hajiaweis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Since it seems fairly easy to level up a skill to level 5. At least a couple of hours of work. Jee-Han should try and get all his skills . . . except maybe Fool's Act and Dishwashing to level 5. Just for increased effectiveness and efficiency. That would probably take a couple of days in total depending on the skill. Basically a weekend.

The problem is that he actually wastes times. Unlike some real RPGs, time will not wait for him to become more efficient with his skills. Though you also do have a point in the easyness of leveling up.

Elyandarin

Elyandarin

Potato

• Members
  • 153 posts

If Jee-Han reaches high enough level in a skill, maybe he'll be rewarded with some kind of passive ability. Especially with stuff like Mana Arrow - if he can do a masterful Mana Arrow, wouldn't he logically be able to make a better Spinning Mana Arrow then, if the difference lies in just the spinning? And if he gets better at a basic Energy Bolt, that should transfer over to Mana Arrow.

Also, I figure he'll get a Title - "Battle Mage", maybe - when the sum of all his attack spell skill levels goes high enough; if so, it only makes sense to level up the older spells as well, since it's cost-effective to level up the initial levels.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

The problem is that he actually wastes times. Unlike some real RPGs, time will not wait for him to become more efficient with his skills. Though you also do have a point in the easyness of leveling up.

True. But that is why I just said to level 5. Since the plot is still in the intro where he is messing around with his ability and no main antagonist has shown up spending a weekend to grind his skills to level 5 shouldn't be too delaying for him.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

I don't think that mana arrow is based on energy bolt, its actually based on pure mana manipulation, if you think about it even energy bolt is based on controlling mana since he created after his friend told him to imagine energy coming out of his hand. In chapter 22 main character said that breathing technique lets him "manipulate" mana that's how he created shield and arrow, so without it he could only contrl mana in very simple way(shooting ball of energy) and after he gained breathing technique he can manipulate shape of mana.

Most important now is finding most efficent way to train since some skills/attributes can speed up how fast he grows stronger for example breathing technique GREATLY speed up his training speed(doesn't have to wait long time to restore mana), another example finding faster way to do house chores means that he has more time to train, high dishwashing skill means faster dishwashing with means more time for himself. Its also possible that that some skills/attributes/items can affect training speed(skyrim has something like that), in games we see things like that and we even see something like that in real life, so called study skills - "There are an array of study skills, which may tackle the process of organizing and taking in new information, retaining information, or dealing with assessments. They include mnemonics, which aid the retention of lists of information, effective reading, and concentration techniques, as well as efficient notetaking."(wikipedia)

Edited by Culaio29, 14 February 2014 - 10:07 PM.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Most important now is finding most efficent way to train since some skills/attributes can speed up how fast he grows stronger for example breathing technique GREATLY speed up his training speed(doesn't have to wait long time to restore mana), another example finding faster way to do house chores means that he has more time to train, high dishwashing skill means faster dishwashing with means more time for himself. Its also possible that that some skills/attributes/items can affect training speed(skyrim has something like that), in games we see things like that and we even see something like that in real life, so called study skills - "There are an array of study skills, which may tackle the process of organizing and taking in new information, retaining information, or dealing with assessments. They include mnemonics, which aid the retention of lists of information, effective reading, and concentration techniques, as well as efficient notetaking."(wikipedia)

I think that is why he should tell Sun-Il's Grandpa everything about his skills and ask for the Grandfather to train him or point out a more efficient way to train. The grandfather is the head of a martial arts clan so he knows about training, and he's probably instructed other members of his clan so he is able to teach, and has decades of experience in dealing with people of the abyss so he has a broad amount of knowledge of different abilities. I think that he would be able to help out Jee-Han a lot.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

I think that is why he should tell Sun-Il's Grandpa everything about his skills and ask for the Grandfather to train him or point out a more efficient way to train. The grandfather is the head of a martial arts clan so he knows about training, and he's probably instructed other members of his clan so he is able to teach, and has decades of experience in dealing with people of the abyss so he has a broad amount of knowledge of different abilities. I think that he would be able to help out Jee-Han a lot.

Yeah but main character's ability is said to be VERY rare since it looks like Gaia is helping him directly which means that it can have it's own unique advantages, the very fact that main character got dishwashing skill even though he was dishwashing before without gaining it implies that Gaia is helping him by giving him more time to train. Its implied that no one else has help like that from Gaia, so main character must find by himself best possible way to train, which uses those advantages.

Edited by Culaio29, 15 February 2014 - 12:44 PM.

hajiaweis

hajiaweis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Yeah but main character's ability is said to be VERY rare since it looks like Gaia is helping him directly which means that it can have it's own unique advantages, the very fact that main character got dishwashing skill even though he was dishwashing before without gaining it implies that Gaia is helping him by giving him more time to train. Its implied that no one else has help like that from Gaia, so main character must find by himself best possible way to train, which uses those advantages.

Yes though who really knows how much help the grandfather can actually be. I would think the best thing for him right now is information rather than grandpa focusing all his attention on training.
Like you've pointed out, GAIA is assisting him with his skill list. As we seen before, he may not necessarily have to follow a certain plan when obtaining new skills. With the right about of INT he could of learned the DIVINE skill. So GAIA may have taken into account the lack of time in this matter.

GreenFlag

GreenFlag

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

It has only been 10 days since Jee-Han became in Gamer in comic time, as of such I think taking a whole weekend to train his skills is something thats impossible, as it doesnt fit into the flow. Did you read chapter 23? that was all skill training basically. I was just reading when it occured to me that his base stats most likely have to with the skills being created, as he has leveled up and raised he stats more abilitys become availble, which to me would mean he shouldn't really focus on grinding anything right now as he still (most likely) has many more abilities to learn.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

The skill I think Jee-Han needs the most help in is Chunbu Outer Ki Technique. It is a passive skill but doesn't really hint at what he needs to do to improve it. Since Chunbu Outer Ki Technique passively improves STR, DEX, VIT, HP regeneration, and stamina regeneration. Keeping this skill on par with the Chunbu Spirit/Breathing Technique will be a real boost to his physical stats.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

The skill I think Jee-Han needs the most help in is Chunbu Outer Ki Technique. It is a passive skill but doesn't really hint at what he needs to do to improve it. Since Chunbu Outer Ki Technique passively improves STR, DEX, VIT, HP regeneration, and stamina regeneration. Keeping this skill on par with the Chunbu Spirit/Breathing Technique will be a real boost to his physical stats.

Thats true, even his friend said that he can become very strong just by training this but the best part is that it can be trained together with other active skills, since first uses up mp by training active skills then he uses this to restores mp but also increase this skill, and the higher level of this skill the faster he restores mp  and the more he can train active skill :D.

EDIT: oops my mistake I though you meant inner KI technique

Edited by Culaio29, 18 February 2014 - 04:35 PM.

crazy dog

crazy dog

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationUSA

I was thinking of  the same thing, this skill is almost on par with the breathing technique and it has HP regeneration too,   he should focus on those 2 passive skills,  plus the foot techniqe  is increases foot speed , (he was thinking about evassive skills).  

What about the physical endurance this skill should be better than energy shield, since it doesn't require even mana, and if he was hit before casting the spell he will take the full damage or if he runs out of mana in a boss fight.  I think raising this skill as high as possible is a must.  You want your gamer character to be able to tank,  finess characters who depend on evassive or dodging ability eventually run out of luck and he is gambling on his life he can't restart lol.   i think he should raise his intelligence till he learns that divine techniqe, then start boosting his vitality ,  he get 16% from breathing tech. and outer ki techniqe gives 10%  at current rate  .   compared  to 16% only for intelligence.      plus if he gets his vitality above 50 he can should get passive skill like mana affinity ,  like his friend said about people having different kinds of bodies.    but in this case I don't think the main character is stuck with just one.

also i don't know y he doesn't start looking into creating items,  half a gamer characters strenght comes from items,  they can boost all kinds of stats that u lack , if we look at his gear we can see he can wear  ( gloves, weapon , shield , armor, pants , arm guards , 2 rings , boots and helmets) that is alot of stuff that you can boost your characters strenght.  hell some games allows you to use gear that improve your skills and imbued with some trigger skills. 

Elyandarin

Elyandarin

Potato

• Members
  • 153 posts

Some games have two "outfits" - letting you switch instantly between two sets of worn items. Once Jee-Han has a "battle-mode" to switch to, he can use Observe to find the items with the best bonuses, or level up Crafting to make his own. 

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.
He needs to train "Rip". A LOT.
It is, aside his ability to manipulate Mana, the most useful ability he has at his disposal.
(And Observe...)

kfi6l.jpg

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Do you think it's possible for main character to use multiple "buff" skills at the same time ? skills like: Chunbu Spirit Technique, Chunbu Outer Ki Technique, Chunbu Martial Arts Technique and Chunbu Foot Technique. In most of  games I played using multiple buff skills is possible, problem is that main character's buff skills don't mention any MP usage(which makes no sense since it would make buff skills very OP) which means that if he can use multiple buff skills at the same time then he could train ALL of his buff skills at the same time. Even if there is MP usage I think that he should train multiple buff skills at the same time, maybe not all of them but 2 or 3 at the same time(for example: Chunbu Spirit Technique, Chunbu Outer Ki Technique and Chunbu Foot Technique).

hajiaweis

hajiaweis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
He doesn't have the resources to be crafting at this moment but I agree with the outfits idea. But clearly he is too occupied with trying to survive. So all he can do is train the skills he already has and try to gain some in the process.

Yes I agree that he should train the breathing techniques cause then they will improve STR VIT DEX so he can focus his points on INT and WIS.

For 10 days, he has gotten very far. Impressive really. I don't know if its just me but it felt like a couple ,moths have passed maybe even half a year :/ But back to the issue at hand, other than the KI TECHNIQUES, he may not really need to raise much other skills at the moment (excluding the attack and the one defense skills)

Do you think it's possible for main character to use multiple "buff" skills at the same time ? skills like: Chunbu Spirit Technique, Chunbu Outer Ki Technique, Chunbu Martial Arts Technique and Chunbu Foot Technique. In most of  games I played using multiple buff skills is possible, problem is that main character's buff skills don't mention any MP usage(which makes no sense since it would make buff skills very OP) which means that if he can use multiple buff skills at the same time then he could train ALL of his buff skills at the same time. Even if there is MP usage I think that he should train multiple buff skills at the same time, maybe not all of them but 2 or 3 at the same time(for example: Chunbu Spirit Technique, Chunbu Outer Ki Technique and Chunbu Foot Technique).

(It looks like the mp required is installed into him like the skill)
True that in theory sounds good but then comes the problem of efficiency. More mana will be used and cost time for it to recover isn't too good for him now. But one at a time could get a skill higher quicker.... See the problem?

He needs to train "Rip". A LOT.
It is, aside his ability to manipulate Mana, the most useful ability he has at his disposal.(And Observe...)

100% on your side. Being able to rip of heads from body should be a one hit KO though I don't know how affective it will be on the ghost adventure that is to come....