Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Training Old Skills?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Khondar

Khondar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Anyone realize that he will just learn "resist torture" skill and it will lvl up till he is inmune to torture? Next subject please...

Understand me? Don't try what can't be.

Trying to understand what i am... or what i do...

Its like empty the sea with your hands.

I am who devour's all.

Birds. Trees. Beast. Flowers.

I swallow even pain itself.

I eat wood. Devour metal.

Kill kings. Destroy citys.

I... am time.

Casval

Casval

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

He needs to find more ways to use Rip, I mean its just so useful.

Thirsty? Grab a beer bottle and -Rip- the top comes off.  Sleepy? Grab a tree and -Rip- the tree becomes a bed made of plant material.  Poor?  Grab a local criminal and -Rip- ...and suddenly DIAMONDS.  Your girlfriend's a virgin? (nooooooooope not touchin that one)  Just so useful a move, its only drawback is that Jee Han didnt invest in STR so it can't do any of those things.

If he trained the move it would have to be for a contrived literary situation or he ends up being the proverbial guy with a hammer that sees everything as a nail.  Yes there can be a couple specific situations where rip would be a viable move.  This is not to say that in those situations he can't come up with another answer.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

He needs to find more ways to use Rip, I mean its just so useful.

Thirsty? Grab a beer bottle and -Rip- the top comes off.  Sleepy? Grab a tree and -Rip- the tree becomes a bed made of plant material.  Poor?  Grab a local criminal and -Rip- ...and suddenly DIAMONDS.  Your girlfriend's a virgin? (nooooooooope not touchin that one)  Just so useful a move, its only drawback is that Jee Han didnt invest in STR so it can't do any of those things.

If he trained the move it would have to be for a contrived literary situation or he ends up being the proverbial guy with a hammer that sees everything as a nail.  Yes there can be a couple specific situations where rip would be a viable move.  This is not to say that in those situations he can't come up with another answer.

See? :D Now you are speaking my language.
And also... Panties. From the virgin girlfriend, you rip the panties.

kfi6l.jpg

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

See? :D Now you are speaking my language.
And also... Panties. From the virgin girlfriend, you rip the panties.

While normally it's GREAT idea we must remember that its bad idea for main character since EVERY female around him is dangerous to him, in many different ways: red haired girl and cousin of his friend can and WILL kick his ass, black magician daughter is cursed(probably brings him bad luck) and like I said is daughter of BLACK MAGICIAN...................... there is also his mother as option but do you really want to go there ? XD(I won't say more because I don't want to creep out people who read this post XD)

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

While normally it's GREAT idea we must remember that its bad idea for main character since EVERY female around him is dangerous to him, in many different ways: red haired girl and cousin of his friend can and WILL kick his ass, black magician daughter is cursed(probably brings him bad luck) and like I said is daughter of BLACK MAGICIAN...................... there is also his mother as option but do you really want to go there ? XD(I won't say more because I don't want to creep out people who read this post XD)

The red-head is probably one of those blushing tsundere types. Sun-Il's cousin is probably into kinky play and Sung-Ah...
...Well, the Black Summoner would probably have a crocodile centipede DRAGON eat him... So she's out... For now.
And really. Let's be honest. How much more creeped out can they get? :D

kfi6l.jpg

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

The red-head is probably one of those blushing tsundere types. Sun-Il's cousin is probably into kinky play and Sung-Ah...
...Well, the Black Summoner would probably have a crocodile centipede DRAGON eat him... So she's out... For now.
And really. Let's be honest. How much more creeped out can they get? :D

Tsundere's ARE dangerous as long as they have level much higher then you since their "tsun tsun" side can kill you XD. We saw how easily main character can piss off his friend cousin, he lacks WISDOM to know what NOT to say to her XD.

Some people are creeped out while others find it HOT, which one are you ? :3

Eldaeb

Eldaeb

Potato Spud

• Winner!
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I skipped a few posts, so someone may have said this but looking at the training question - what about his TEACHER?  You know, the high level one with the title "passionate teacher" - his help has GOT to decrease training times.....

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

I skipped a few posts, so someone may have said this but looking at the training question - what about his TEACHER?  You know, the high level one with the title "passionate teacher" - his help has GOT to decrease training times.....

In some games "teacher" does help character grow stronger, but sadly we don't know if main character ability does use this "system".

By the way one of bigger mistakes that main character is doing is the fact that he didn't try to find which actions can increase which attributes, like doing homework increases his INT, after he finds them he should focus on attributes he ISN'T increasing through leveling, OR he could find which attributes are easiest/fastest to increase and train them while increasing through leveling attributes that are HARDEST to increase by repeating.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
Which explains why some characters have so ridiculously high stats for their level.
So, if Jee-Han wants to increase his stats, he'll need to just do stuff other people do.
Train, study, work out, eat healthily.

kfi6l.jpg

yajibei

yajibei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

In some games "teacher" does help character grow stronger, but sadly we don't know if main character ability does use this "system".

By the way one of bigger mistakes that main character is doing is the fact that he didn't try to find which actions can increase which attributes, like doing homework increases his INT, after he finds them he should focus on attributes he ISN'T increasing through leveling, OR he could find which attributes are easiest/fastest to increase and train them while increasing through leveling attributes that are HARDEST to increase by repeating.

He only have his power for 2 weeks (if I'm not mistaken) SO it's only natural that he seek for short term power improvement (like leveling as fast as he can) for he is throws in the (fierce ?) world of the abyss.

But I agree with you : in a game it's more difficult to upgrade stats if they are on a high level. So a true gamer should look to upgrade his stats via dificult means first (like by doing actions that can increase his attributes) and then use the leveling system to go further.

Khondar

Khondar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

He only have his power for 2 weeks (if I'm not mistaken) SO it's only natural that he seek for short term power improvement (like leveling as fast as he can) for he is throws in the (fierce ?) world of the abyss.

But I agree with you : in a game it's more difficult to upgrade stats if they are on a high level. So a true gamer should look to upgrade his stats via dificult means first (like by doing actions that can increase his attributes) and then use the leveling system to go further.

The problem with that its that his life was in danger. (He didn't have that option).

Understand me? Don't try what can't be.

Trying to understand what i am... or what i do...

Its like empty the sea with your hands.

I am who devour's all.

Birds. Trees. Beast. Flowers.

I swallow even pain itself.

I eat wood. Devour metal.

Kill kings. Destroy citys.

I... am time.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Sadly we don't know if attribute increase slow downs when stats are higher, I hope they DON'T but if it does then main character already wasted some points, since  he would have max efficiency if he trained without using points from level's.

The problem with that its that his life was in danger. (He didn't have that option).

Thats the biggest problem with trying to achive MAX efficiency in training, its VERY dangerous: if he doesn't use points then he may achive max efficiency but he could also DIE before he can use the points which would be stupid way to die, since he COULD save himself but was too "greedy" to do that.

Casval

Casval

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

His teacher is lower level than him (lvl 15).  Jee Han is lvl 18, not that he couldn't possibly learn anything from someone lower level than him, but Gaia is acknowledging that he has become higher level, that has to mean something.  Maybe his new teacher, the Black Summoner could teach him something.  He also already trains a bit with the Chunbumoon elder and he doesn't even know what level that old guy is, presumably because it is significantly higher than his own level.

Which explains why some characters have so ridiculously high stats for their level.
So, if Jee-Han wants to increase his stats, he'll need to just do stuff other people do.
Train, study, work out, eat healthily.

^This seems to be correct in that he can gain stat increases from working out or studying, but grinding skills seems to also raise his stats before even leveling, and also comes with the perk of having stronger skills afterwards, such as a cheaper (and stronger?) mana shield, or higher passive damage with blunt weapons.  I would agree if this was by ONE but since its not I don't think he will become godlike from simply doing pushups and crunches until his hair falls out.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

His teacher is lower level than him (lvl 15).  Jee Han is lvl 18, not that he couldn't possibly learn anything from someone lower level than him, but Gaia is acknowledging that he has become higher level, that has to mean something.  Maybe his new teacher, the Black Summoner could teach him something.  He also already trains a bit with the Chunbumoon elder and he doesn't even know what level that old guy is, presumably because it is significantly higher than his own level.

^This seems to be correct in that he can gain stat increases from working out or studying, but grinding skills seems to also raise his stats before even leveling, and also comes with the perk of having stronger skills afterwards, such as a cheaper (and stronger?) mana shield, or higher passive damage with blunt weapons.  I would agree if this was by ONE but since its not I don't think he will become godlike from simply doing pushups and crunches until his hair falls out.

No, but Ki Manipulation + Working Out + Martial Arts + Discipline = Sun-Il. So it's not that far-fetched.
Plus...I don't think that Jee-Han will EVER be able to punch somebody into space...
I mean, let's lower the bar a little bit.

kfi6l.jpg

Casval

Casval

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

Jee-Han has been leveling up at a crazy rate so his experience system seems to wreck the curve, especially since when he levels he gets points that can be distributed to any attribute he likes, not just the attribute he trained.  If he simply studies yes he will eventually get INT up, but at a normal human rate, the only way he does any better than the rest of us is the grinding monsters schtick.

Simply put, I understand the premise behind what you're saying, but I disagree with it being a good course of action.  His class rep (lvl 10) has INT 54 compared with his INT 65.  She worked presumably her whole life to get to 54 intelligence and Jee-Han got past her in 2 weeks.  She would be right on his level if she had the 16% stat boost Jee-Han's passive gives him though.  She would rise to INT 62.64 (63), only 2 behind Jee-Han.

Jee-Han should conceal his true intelligence.  He could get discovered as a natural ability user through suddenly testing at the genius level.  That would be a huge concern if Gaia deems it to interfere with the world since he could die.  Maybe he will test badly, as some very smart people do, in which case he doesn't out himself as a natural ability user.  Remember the lottery example that Sun-Il gives.  People in the abyss are not supposed to stand out; yes normal people win the lottery, but use your ability to win the lottery and Gaia asplodes you.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Does suggest that he should probably devote a few levelling points to WIS.  I mean, the only non-levelling way to increase that is stuff like having an unhappy love affair, making some stupid life decisions and suffering the consequences, becoming a father, that kind of thing.  Not really what you'd call a "training method".

Casval

Casval

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

If you haven't read the new chapter (27) the following contains SPOILERS

Spoiler

HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Jee-Han has been leveling up at a crazy rate so his experience system seems to wreck the curve, especially since when he levels he gets points that can be distributed to any attribute he likes, not just the attribute he trained.  If he simply studies yes he will eventually get INT up, but at a normal human rate, the only way he does any better than the rest of us is the grinding monsters schtick.

Simply put, I understand the premise behind what you're saying, but I disagree with it being a good course of action.  His class rep (lvl 10) has INT 54 compared with his INT 65.  She worked presumably her whole life to get to 54 intelligence and Jee-Han got past her in 2 weeks.  She would be right on his level if she had the 16% stat boost Jee-Han's passive gives him though.  She would rise to INT 62.64 (63), only 2 behind Jee-Han.

Jee-Han should conceal his true intelligence.  He could get discovered as a natural ability user through suddenly testing at the genius level.  That would be a huge concern if Gaia deems it to interfere with the world since he could die.  Maybe he will test badly, as some very smart people do, in which case he doesn't out himself as a natural ability user.  Remember the lottery example that Sun-Il gives.  People in the abyss are not supposed to stand out; yes normal people win the lottery, but use your ability to win the lottery and Gaia asplodes you.

While I agree with you completely that leving right now is MUCH faster then working out BUT it doesn't mean that it's best in the long run, the most important question is: does training by "working out"(doing home work and stuff) slows down when attribute is higher ? if it does then it's possible that leveling up now isn't most efficent in the long run, on the other hand if it doesn't then indeed "working out" is best left for later, actually its possible that "working out" will speed UP at when attributes are higher since for example when he has higher INT he can do homework faster which means faster increase/more time for training. 

Remember that main character WILL eventually have problem of level cap, even if he doesn't have 'hard' level cap he will eventually have problem of 'soft' level cap since I don't think that that there are monsters on level's from 1 to infinity(if there are, it would be AWESOME XD), eventually main character will encounter and defeat strongest boss level monster,  at first it will give him few levels(if he is lucky), at second defeat 1 level, next level will come after he defeats him 2-3 times and so on, eventually it will take main character weeks or even months just to increase level by ONE, during that time main character could increase his attributes by "working out" equal to few levels of leveling(every 5 point increase in attributes equals to one level if I am not mistaken).

By the way Gaia won't punish him just for being genius even if other people does see that he is genius since it doesn't affect other people that much, if it was punishable then having high luck stats would be equal to suicide since having LOTS of good luck WILL make you stand out, but that would be stupid since Gaia won't give you power that can't be turned off and will force you to get punished, its like gaia given you power to glow with blue light continuously without being able to turn it off, it would only mean that gaia WANTED to kill you.

Elyandarin

Elyandarin

Potato

• Members
  • 153 posts
Luck is even harder to train than Wisdom, so he should put some stat points in that, too.
I agree that working out might be a good idea, at least until he hits 25 or so in the three 'body' stats.

Though I dunno - maybe the Gamer stats thing is a separate bonus from his real body? Did he gain actual muscle mass from increasing his Str, or did he just become stronger without his body changing?

Edited by Elyandarin, 10 March 2014 - 02:30 PM.

Panthertwat

Panthertwat

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

I most of the time try to master all skills, I think he should keep training energy bolt because it still has its uses(explosive damage), but there is problem with mana arrow: there is VERY small difference in mana cost  between mana arrow and spinning mana arrow(ONE mp exactly) which kinda makes mana arrow meaningless unless there is somekind of hidden advantage to it, traning it will be meaningless and will take your time that could be use on training other skills

It would be cool if there was a more intellegent design behind the skills.

But that would mean a skill tree, which wouldn't fit with this manga.

For Instance, 

Mana Rope would be length and weight (Str) before breaking/duration

Bind would be travel speed and distance

Or,

Mana Arrow. It would be cool if the mana arrow skill lvl affected the number of arrows created at one time. Then he adds another ability "Spin" to it, and lvling up Spin increases range, travel speed and piercing damage. Then He adds an elemental effect "fire", so a burning effect gets added: He has to lvl up all of these individually. (or it happens automatically when he creates the hardest difficulty)

While I agree with you completely that leving right now is MUCH faster then working out BUT it doesn't mean that it's best in the long run, the most important question is: does training by "working out"(doing home work and stuff) slows down when attribute is higher ? if it does then it's possible that leveling up now isn't most efficent in the long run, on the other hand if it doesn't then indeed "working out" is best left for later, actually its possible that "working out" will speed UP at when attributes are higher since for example when he has higher INT he can do homework faster which means faster increase/more time for training. 

There is an opposite:

If Jee-Han does not work out will he loose stat points.

The Chunbunmoon breathing technique increases all stat points except for Luck. If he gets it to level 46 then all stat points will have about a 100% passive increase:

It is a skill that is allowed to be shared with outsiders. (Not a super secret clan skill)

Chunhunmoon even traded some of thier skill books for the Yunhon Soul Recovery technique

I would ask Sun-Il about other clans like him and the Yunhon.

Then I would travel to each and make trades for thier skill books.

Via item drops, healing potions, his own healing services to injured clan members, and try and get at least 5 different breathing techniques.

(If they couldn't be purchased from the Abyss Auction)

I assume he can grind fairly easily to at least 50. (there is already a lvl 42 ogre boss) and the Abyss Auction Manager had 3? so hes over level 100.

If he put 50 stat points into each attribute, and had a 500% passive increase... 250 stat points across the board (except Luck)

He started with his original 58 points too, which could go into Intel so it would double to 500. His mana pool would be well in the 10s of thousands at this point cause he gets MP from leveling up too, not just Int stat.