Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Akame ga Kill Anime Confirmed!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

A new promo video with all the character designs.........July 7th is the premier supposedly now

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-21/akame-ga-kill-promo-designs-unveiled/.74767

Tn7HA0h.png

vixous

vixous

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Interesting. Wasn't Incursio like.. green or something in the manga? Maybe i'm just hallucinating. Anyways, interesting to see them go with a silver/red color scheme. Now it looks like actual armor. Also i wish whatshisface with the green hair had brown hair... the green looks so unnatural

Yea, I found it green.... AND A BUNCH OF HAWT EDESE PICS  IF U K'YAKNOWAUTIMSAYING
360px-Akame_ga_Kiru!_-51.png   rblvFhD.jpg?1 M5wEw1G.jpg?2 Akame_ga_Kiru%2521_-64.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Interesting. Wasn't Incursio like.. green or something in the manga? Maybe i'm just hallucinating. Anyways, interesting to see them go with a silver/red color scheme. Now it looks like actual armor. Also i wish whatshisface with the green hair had brown hair... the green looks so unnatural

Yea, I found it green.... AND A BUNCH OF HAWT EDESE PICS  IF U K'YAKNOWAUTIMSAYING

Spoiler

Oh wow, you were right. Your memory is a lot better than mine, I couldn't have told you they'd ever committed on that particular detail before.........so many scanlated manga you don't always get all those types of cover pics and such along with the scanlations so I don't always remember. 

Oh well, "artistic license" I guess they'd call that.  :)

and yeah, some good pics, most everything with Esdese is hot   :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Ysaking

Ysaking

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

mmmmm, yup http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-20/akame-ga-kill-dark-action-fantasy-manga-gets-tv-anime

I'll be interested to see how it turns out, frankly. I won't be very surprised if this turns out to be something like the Kaibutsu Oujo anime adaptation, so white-washed as to be barely recognizable. You have to admit, a lot of the content in the manga which (to me at least) makes this manga what  it is.........probably isn't going to be suitable for tv. We'll see.   :)

That being said, Elfin lied made it on air, and it did okay.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

That being said, Elfin lied made it on air, and it did okay.

Yeah, good comparison. Though when it comes to Elfen Lied, I've personally got no idea about what kind of time slot it had, whether all the graphic violence in the version I saw of it was actually shown in the original TV run of it or if that was only shown in the DVD version......you know, there's those things to consider as far as trying to compare the two......but yeah, no clue, I guess we'll soon know just how much dismemberment and how many disembowelments there actually are in it, right?  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Forgotten Muse

Forgotten Muse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArtistic Limbo

To be honest, the complete single tone colors on certain characters aren't all that appealing, but I suppose that's the style for it. Jormungand and Steins Gate have nice visuals, so I can look forward to this one for sure.

Voice wise, sounds like Braht has a good one for him, considering his role in the story.

Mein gets the same voice actor as the one that did Rika from Higurashi/Suzuha from Steins Gate, so yay for that.

Edited by Forgotten Muse, 29 May 2014 - 09:35 AM.

Stand by your ideals, not behind them.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I saw this earlier today too...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-28/akame-ga-kill-tv-anime-to-air-for-half-a-year/.74980

though I don't know, maybe this had been announced earlier.........it's the first I've seen of it though, I'd kinda wondered how many eps we were talking about. So, should be 26-ish then, eh?

Tn7HA0h.png

Forgotten Muse

Forgotten Muse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArtistic Limbo

I saw this earlier today too...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-28/akame-ga-kill-tv-anime-to-air-for-half-a-year/.74980

though I don't know, maybe this had been announced earlier.........it's the first I've seen of it though, I'd kinda wondered how many eps we were talking about. So, should be 26-ish then, eh?

If they do one a week for half a year than yeah, 26 (-ish if there will be any OVA's and the like).

Stand by your ideals, not behind them.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

If they do one a week for half a year than yeah, 26 (-ish if there will be any OVA's and the like).

It seems like when I've looked into it before that the normal "season" for anime was basically a quarterly thing.....so like 3 months, but it could be anything from 11 eps to 14, just depending I guess on the series or whatever.......so yeah, if this one's gonna be "half a year", right, 24-26, somewhere in that range is a good guess. 

And yeah, OVA's would be cool too, who knows what kinda content would be on them, eh?  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Ep one's out if anybody's interested..... http://www.gogoanime.com/akame-ga-kill-episode-1

Very good I thought, for the most part it seemed to follow the manga version, very awesome. I'm not too surprised they kind of glossed over the torture chamber scene and left some of it to the imagination........I guess they figured it was okay to show a danger beast getting a few limbs lopped off but showing it on a person might be pushing it  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Well, they sure added a nice share of voice actors that voiced the main cast in No game no Life

Raba has the same voice actor as Sora

Mein has the same one as Jibril,

Schere the same one as Fii Nilvalen

This is especially noticable with Raba. 

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Kimble

Kimble

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Just watched the anime's first episode and I really liked it, seemed to follow the manga on a pretty decent rate.

They even showed some of the more gore stuff, even tho it was just a glimpse. I hope the quality doesn't decrease or they come up with weird stuff just for the anime's sake. :)

:D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Episode two is out... www.gogoanime.com/akame-ga-kill-episode-2

Well, I see they're not totally averse to showing people getting dismembered........that's a good thing  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Edadinasni

Edadinasni

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Do you guys feel like the anime captured the manga's essence successfully? Is it just me that's bothered by this?

Not that it's a bad adaptation.

It's just that whenever I'm watching the latest episode, I just don't have the same feeling I have when reading the manga.... 

Maybe I'm just being weird hehe...

signature__yuno_gasai___mirai_nikki_by_n

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

Do you guys feel like the anime captured the manga's essence successfully? Is it just me that's bothered by this?
Not that it's a bad adaptation.
It's just that whenever I'm watching the latest episode, I just don't have the same feeling I have when reading the manga....

Maybe I'm just being weird hehe...

There's almost no anime that can do such a thing. Although so far it's been pretty damn amazing, however I still prefer the manga over the anime.

Edited by twedayy, 14 July 2014 - 07:54 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Episode three is out.........so far so good, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Tn7HA0h.png

Edadinasni

Edadinasni

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Badass Sheele & Mine moment :D
Laughed so much at peeping Tatsumi!

Not bad at all episode, we're starting to see more of the capital's corruption.

signature__yuno_gasai___mirai_nikki_by_n

SwordNoob

SwordNoob

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTiny little Belgium

To be honest, I can't stand the adaptation. I watched the first two episodes and simply couldn't bring myself to watch any further. For example, the scene with the girl going crazy in the first episode wasn't scary or made a lasting impression - it was simply appallingly ridiculous. Even Mirai Nikki was better in that aspect, and that says a lot.

The scene with the torture chamber has the same problems: the moment Tatsumi found his two friends in that place and realized what had happened to them was the single most emotional moment in the manga for me, and it was that moment which sold me to the manga - the anime ruined it with some of the worst placed slapstick I've seen, effectively erasing any feels one might have had about that part.

Then the second episode comes, and focuses - of all things - on moe and fanservice.

I dropped it, because I simply couldn't stand to watch any further. Where the manga constantly exudes a sense of desperation, with everyone living each day as if it's their last and both friends and enemies dying left and right (I know, still too early in the anime, but you get what I mean), in the anime that feeling is completely absent. It's simply another bland shounen with a bit more blood than most. I had very high hopes for this anime, and I really tried to like it, but I simply couldn't. It's just too bad.

Edited by SwordNoob, 23 July 2014 - 10:41 AM.

On Sunday, God abandoned the world after admitting failure.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

Well, I certainly understand where you're coming from, on the whole (and to a really large degree) I too prefer most written works to any type of adaptation (stage, screen, you name it.) I guess maybe it's just my opinion, but I've always maintained that there's just no comparison to the depth, detail and delivery that can be included in a written medium (be it novel or a visual one like comics) as opposed to any other. 

In most cases like this it just comes down to how much "difference" between the two works you're willing to accept. I personally often have trouble separating the two and judging the adaptation on its own merits (which ultimately I think is the fairest way to handle it) and though I like the anime right now, there's no guarantee that'll continue. 

And yeah, the semi-frozen evil clown faces..........yeah, kinda cheesy looking. What can you say, there are lots of those sorts of things from a written visual medium like comics that I think are really difficult to convey onto the screen with the same impact. 

Edited by svines85, 22 July 2014 - 03:55 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

SwordNoob

SwordNoob

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTiny little Belgium

Well, I certainly understand where you're coming from, on the whole (and to a really large degree) I too prefer most written works to any type of adaptation (stage, screen, you name it.) I guess maybe it's just my opinion, but I've always maintained that there's just no comparison to the depth, detail and delivery that can be included in a written medium (be it novel or a visual one like comics) as opposed to any other. 

In most cases like this it just comes down to how much "difference" between the two works you're willing to accept. I personally often have trouble separating the two and judging the adaptation on its own merits (which ultimately I think is the fairest way to handle it) and though I like the anime right now, there's no guarantee that'll continue. 

And yeah, the semi-frozen evil clown faces..........yeah, kinda cheesy looking. What can you say, there are lots of those sorts of things from a written visual medium like comics that I think are really difficult to convey onto the screen with the same impact. 

There is a difference between not succeeding in completely reproducing an emotion in an adaptation (but still trying), and simply not giving a sh*t altogether. It is possible to have visual adaptations - animated or live action - have a good impact, sometimes accentuating other parts of the story than the original did, and while an adaptation will rarely if ever surpass the original (that's the entire reason why I'm so addicted to books in general), they can be more than worth the watch, for example Lord of the Rings, which were great films with a completely different atmosphere than the original books by Tolkien. anime doesn't even try. I usually like White Fox, but for me, it's like they took everything that made the manga worth it, shat on it and threw it out of the window.

Edited by SwordNoob, 23 July 2014 - 10:50 AM.

On Sunday, God abandoned the world after admitting failure.