Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Akame ga Kill Anime Confirmed!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

Here's the link to the news: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/01/20/akame-ga-kill-anime-confirmed

I am hyped for this, are you?

Edited by twedayy, 20 January 2014 - 06:09 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

mmmmm, yup http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-20/akame-ga-kill-dark-action-fantasy-manga-gets-tv-anime

I'll be interested to see how it turns out, frankly. I won't be very surprised if this turns out to be something like the Kaibutsu Oujo anime adaptation, so white-washed as to be barely recognizable. You have to admit, a lot of the content in the manga which (to me at least) makes this manga what  it is.........probably isn't going to be suitable for tv. We'll see.  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

JESUS BEAR

JESUS BEAR

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I'm excited, but it'll probably have some crappy anime-original ending involving either no real resolution at all or everybody dies

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

mmmmm, yup http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-20/akame-ga-kill-dark-action-fantasy-manga-gets-tv-anime

I'll be interested to see how it turns out, frankly. I won't be very surprised if this turns out to be something like the Kaibutsu Oujo anime adaptation, so white-washed as to be barely recognizable. You have to admit, a lot of the content in the manga which (to me at least) makes this manga what  it is.........probably isn't going to be suitable for tv. We'll see.   :)

There will probably be a lot of censoring sadly, but it's fun to see one of my favourite manga getting an anime adoption. 

I'm excited, but it'll probably have some crappy anime-original ending involving either no real resolution at all or everybody dies

Haha true. Although I think that this show will end after a big fight, for example the fight between Esdese and Susanoo or one of the earlier fights. Hopefully making it possible to follow up with a season 2 in the future. Hopefully there won't be too much censoring in the TV anime.

Edited by twedayy, 21 January 2014 - 07:15 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

There will probably be a lot of censoring sadly, but it's fun to see one of my favourite manga getting an anime adoption. 

Yup, you're right, it's definitely nice to see one you like being successful.........and yeah, I'll be checking it out when it shows up.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

Doubt it, gore doesn't really warrant censoring anymore.

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

Oh didn't know that. From the shows I have watched, like Pupa and Muv-luv and many more, there's a lot of censoring in every gore scene. Although I agree with what you are saying as Hunter x Hunter has gotten pretty gore with a lot of blood, but they still doesn't censor it. Let's hope for the best :)

Edited by twedayy, 25 January 2014 - 11:12 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I didn't think about it before, but you might be right, actually.

Now that you mention it, I caught an ep of Bleach a while back on Cartoon Network (what can I say, I quit watching the anime of Bleach online quite a while ago but I had it on the tv as background noise  :D) and was curious and then surprised when they actually showed Gin getting his arm yanked off by Aizen.

So yeah, maybe this one won't be as toned down as I was thinking. We'll see I suppose.  

Tn7HA0h.png

Lucenthia

Lucenthia

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationChina

It's not the gore that I think will be censored, but I can't imagine things like all the rape and bestiality being exhibited on the anime freely.

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

YES!!! the anime will be awesome >_< I cant wait to see the fights~~  so epic

It's not the gore that I think will be censored, but I can't imagine things like all the rape and bestiality being exhibited on the anime freely.

I don't think they will show it since most manga that contains a bit of rape doesn't show in the anime

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationsomewheeeeere... over the rainbow, way up high ~

I just hope they don't censor it, cause if they do it won't be AgK anymore, since AgK is basically blood, gore, rape and torture and more and if they censor it, it won't have the same feel. It will most likely feel different anyway if all that gore isn't censored since we'll actually hear the people scream from all the torture and such, I'm half looking forward to it and half not. I seem to enjoy more gore in mangaform. Still hope they won't censor.

I really do feel that I have to warn fellow animewatchers who don't know this series before watching, since it might be too much for some people, especially with what happened in the latest chapter and the dogrape etc. 

Thaeria2.gif

My webcomic (action | fantasy | adventure | mystery) on Batoto (image)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/thaeria-dancing-with-the-devil-r11374

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Alcruid | Al | Alc | Altan | Alcchan

Spoiler

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

I just hope they don't censor it, cause if they do it won't be AgK anymore, since AgK is basically blood, gore, rape and torture and more and if they censor it, it won't have the same feel. It will most likely feel different anyway if all that gore isn't censored since we'll actually hear the people scream from all the torture and such, I'm half looking forward to it and half not. I seem to enjoy more gore in mangaform. Still hope they won't censor.

I really do feel that I have to warn fellow animewatchers who don't know this series before watching, since it might be too much for some people, especially with what happened in the latest chapter and the dogrape etc. 

I believe that almost all of the sexual assault content will not be showed in the anime, however, I do also believe that they will show blood and such. Well atleast in the BD version, probably not in the TV version. But let's hope for the best ^^

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

here's a trailer for the anime if anyone's interested.......there's not much to it, but at least it's a sign it's getting worked on  :)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-06/akame-ga-kill-dark-action-fantasy-anime-teaser-streamed

Tn7HA0h.png

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

here's a trailer for the anime if anyone's interested.......there's not much to it, but at least it's a sign it's getting worked on   :)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-06/akame-ga-kill-dark-action-fantasy-anime-teaser-streamed

That looks freaking amazing, that smooth animation though, I LOVE IT! Thanks :)

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

probably a 9 minute anime or something :( 

hope that they'll have good art, or else :S

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

here's some info on the anime http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-20/sora-amamiya-leads-akame-ga-kill-tv-anime-cast

not that I know much about voice actors and such, but it's still nice to see it's at least being worked on  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

here's some info on the anime http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-20/sora-amamiya-leads-akame-ga-kill-tv-anime-cast

not that I know much about voice actors and such, but it's still nice to see it's at least being worked on   :D

Looks awesome! Thanks for the info :)

SwordNoob

SwordNoob

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTiny little Belgium

Ooooh yes. This better be good. This can become either really, really good or really, really bad. Let's hope for the best ^^

On Sunday, God abandoned the world after admitting failure.

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

probably a 9 minute anime or something :(

hope that they'll have good art, or else :S

Like Pupa? Can't believe how they screwed the artist of the manga... I don't even want to read it now. But let's hope for the best ^^

Btw, here's a small preview.

Edited by twedayy, 23 April 2014 - 08:59 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Here's another article about the anime, the staff/voice actors and such I guess if anyone's interested in those sorts of things.......

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-20/akame-ga-kill-tv-anime-supporting-cast-staff-unveiled

Tn7HA0h.png