Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Jee-han's current stats

Plot Main character Keeping track Stats

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Wonder if the author is ever going to go back and correct his intelligence?

It was 8 before he got a +1 bonus for studying, and it was still 8.

You are not having a good day for actually reading the posts in this thread, are you?

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

Yeah, I think we should let minor inconsistencies like that rest. Keeping the table of stats updated will allow us to uncover more of them should they appear, but my main goal in setting this thread was, as I said in the first post, to know at any time what Jee-han can and cannot do. Let's just accept that whatever shows up as the latest table is what the author considers Jee-han's current skill level, regardless of what the previous screen messages say or seem to imply (of course, a major disagreement between the messages and the stats window will only indicate poor planning by the author). For the purposes of this thread, any glimpse at the full stats window overruns our interpretation of messages, but we still should make updates based on the messages until we get another glimpse that will prove us right or wrong. In any case, I doubt a one-point difference will be that crucial to the story: I'm more interested in keeping track of his list of skills.

Wakuseino

Wakuseino

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCanada

And actually, what it said can also indicate that "You can raise your intelligence by 1 through diligent studying!", Think of it not as an announcement that the Int has risen thanks to diligent studying, but rather as a tutorial popup telling you that diligent studying can be used to increase intelligence. That's probably the way it was intended, judging by his reaction.

It also makes more sense that way, considering that the popup showed up when he was moving on to something else, rather than when he finished.

castleguard215

castleguard215

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

And actually, what it said can also indicate that "You can raise your intelligence by 1 through diligent studying!", Think of it not as an announcement that the Int has risen thanks to diligent studying, but rather as a tutorial popup telling you that diligent studying can be used to increase intelligence. That's probably the way it was intended, judging by his reaction.

It also makes more sense that way, considering that the popup showed up when he was moving on to something else, rather than when he finished.

I was kind of thinking it might have been this as well.

Rien

Rien

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

He ate the bread and milk, it should be removed from his inventory (unless he has more)

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

Wonder if the author is ever going to go back and correct his intelligence?

It was 8 before he got a +1 bonus for studying, and it was still 8.

I'm not so sure it may have been one of those flash back situation were he was remembering it increasing to eight but the places were we seen it at eight actually came after.

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

I'm not so sure it may have been one of those flash back situation were he was remembering it increasing to eight but the places were we seen it at eight actually came after.

Actually when we see it as eight it's when Jee-Han flashes back to his first level up when he spends five points on Strength. But since we have multiple instances of it being eight afterwards, including when he spends more points to raise it to fifteen, we can say pretty conclusively that it was meant to originally be seven.

thegamer381

thegamer381

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Actually when we see it as eight it's when Jee-Han flashes back to his first level up when he spends five points on Strength. And since we have multiple instances of it being eight afterwards, including when he spends more points to raise it to fifteen, we can say pretty conclusively that it was meant to originally be eight.

Ftfy.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Ftfy.

........no. This is pretty simple. At the end of chapter one Jee-Han's Intelligence increases by one thanks to his diligent studying. At every instance since then it has been eight. If it were actually nine, then he would have only had to spent twelve points in the most recent chapter.

thegamer381

thegamer381

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Well, this goes back to the issue whether the alert that popped up at the end of ch 1 meant that he had already gained an INT point from studying, or it was just a reminder/helpful hint that if he kept studying instead of going off to play video games he would gain INT. I'm inclined to assume the latter case since before this when he was pumping 5 points into STR we can see his INT is 8, and the wording of the alert is Diligent studying causes your INT to go up by 1. If he had already gained an INT point it should be past tense "Diligent studying has caused your INT to go up by 1."

There are 2 possible conclusions:

1. His INT was already 8 and has stayed at 8, meaning he ignored the alert to keep studying for an INT boost in favor of GAMING ALL NIGHT LONG BABY (What I believe, I mean he's "The Gamer" xD)

2. The author made a mistake in the first chapter, his INT was really 7 (unlikely, he's been pretty good at keeping track of stat points so far)

Though honestly that alert is rather ambiguous so who knows?

Edited by thegamer381, 20 November 2013 - 04:07 AM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

We haven't gotten a good look at his stats since he boosted the Int and Vit.  I wonder if that caused anything like HT or Mana points to go up?

TUSF

TUSF

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
Han Jee-han
The Gamer
Level 9

Health Points: 250
     - recovery rate: five HP per minute
Mana Points: 150
     - recovery rate: one MP per minute

Strength: 15
Vitality: 15
Dexterity: 11
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 6
Luck: 9

Money: 3000 won

Passive skills:

A Gamer's body: Level MAX
A Gamer's mind: Level MAX
Physical endurance: Level 2                                                                         
Blunt weapon mastery: Level 5

Active skills:

Observe: Level 2                                                                                           
Rip: Level 1
Power strike: Level 3
Energy bolt: Level 1
Instant Dungeon escape: Level 1
Instant Dungeon create: Level 1
YunHon Soul Recovery: Level 1                 

Titles:
Apprentice Undead Hunter (Equipped) - 30%+ Attack and Defense when attacking Undead. 5+ in all Stat points, when attacking Undead.

Inventory:

- Aluminium bat
- Medicines for mouth inflammation, external injury (+5 HP) and drowsiness;
- Soul Stone

Current as of Chapter 12.

I figured I'd post this...
Seems like he leveled up twice, and not only that, he got a "Title".

Edit: Added info that I forgot, after kendama pointed it out.

Edited by TUSF, 23 November 2013 - 08:41 PM.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts
A little more information and it's perfect.

Spoiler

I've removed bread and milk because, well, he has consumed them as someone has pointed out. I've added the soul stone and the note that his stats increase by five if engaging the undead. His HP and MP might have increased by levelling up, but since their progression has been non-linear, we cannot know the actual numbers until we get to see the stats window again.

I wonder whether he will be stuck with this title (maybe the "apprentice" will be removed as he improves) or whether, if he develops other interests, it can change.

Edited by kendama, 23 November 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

A little more information and it's perfect.

Han Jee-han
The Gamer
Level 9

Health Points: 250
     - recovery rate: five HP per minute
Mana Points: 150
     - recovery rate: one MP per minute

Stats (+5 for all if attacking an undead)

Strength: 15
Vitality: 15
Dexterity: 11
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 6
Luck: 9

Money: 3000 won

Passive skills:

A Gamer's body: Level MAX
A Gamer's mind: Level MAX
Physical endurance: Level 2                                                                         
Blunt weapon mastery: Level 5

Active skills:

Observe: Level 2                                                                                           
Rip: Level 1
Power strike: Level 3
Energy bolt: Level 1
Instant Dungeon escape: Level 1
Instant Dungeon create: Level 1
YunHon Soul Recovery: Level 1                 

Titles:
Apprentice Undead Hunter (Equipped)

Inventory:

- Aluminium bat
- Medicines for mouth inflammation, external injury (+5 HP) and drowsiness; one soul stone

I've removed bread and milk because, well, he has consumed them as someone has pointed out. I've added the soul stone and the note that his stats increase by five if engaging the undead. His HP and MP might have increased by levelling up, but since their progression has been non-linear, we cannot know the actual numbers until we get to see the stats window again.

I wonder whether he will be stuck with this title (maybe the "apprentice" will be removed as he improves) or whether, if he develops other interests, it can change.

If you're going to keep updating, you really should edit your first post rather than constantly spamming huge posts.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

If you're going to keep updating, you really should edit your first post rather than constantly spamming huge posts.

I talked about it in an earlier post (by the way, are you reading them?). If the last post containing the full table is not in the last page, I add one there so that anyone who wants to know doesn't need to go to the first page or browse the entire thread to find the full information.

Otherwise, I edit it, as I have been doing all this time. The reason I didn't today is that the person who posted the table is not I, so I cannot edit their post and, since I don't know how often this person drops by, it's easier to post the whole thing than to post just the corrections and additions separately. Easier for people who want to consult the table, I mean: they only have to check one post instead of navigating the others.

From now on and until this thread reaches page 3, I'll keep my last post updated with any corrections that might arise. My purpose is to keep ONE table fully updated and correct, and I have even pointed out that I would try my best to avoid cluttering the page. I will also add spoiler tags to my earlier, obsolete posts. I suggest that once a consensus has been reached on what the current table should look like, other posters do that as well.

And speaking of cluttering the page... if you add spoiler tags to your last post quoting me, it will achieve that result as well.

Edited by kendama, 23 November 2013 - 04:59 PM.

TUSF

TUSF

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Hmmm, I come by rather often, so if I do manage to post first, expect me to update my post, and keep it accurate XD

I added what I missed, though, I'm sort of wondering if this way might be better,,? Have the Title info next to the title instead, and I put Soul Stone on its own line, seeing as we don't really know of its intended use, so I don't want to group it with Medical items.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

Hmmm, I come by rather often, so if I do manage to post first, expect me to update my post, and keep it accurate XD

I added what I missed, though, I'm sort of wondering if this way might be better,,? Have the Title info next to the title instead, and I put Soul Stone on its own line, seeing as we don't really know of its intended use, so I don't want to group it with Medical items.

I think you chose right where to put the new information. I'll add spoilers to my last table and we can stick with yours until we enter a new page. By the way, it would be good if everyone who got to be the first to post the latest changes came back later in the same day (or as soon as possible) to incorporate any corrections made by others readers.

I thought of deleting my earlier tables, but I think that they may serve a purpose later if we want to find out when Jee-han acquired a given skill. Historical tables have information of their own.

Edited by kendama, 23 November 2013 - 10:51 PM.

MagicWafflez

MagicWafflez

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationOhio

I would like to make a conjecture. I know his int and vitality are probably going to mess this up, but it seems that his HP is going up at a steady rate of 50hp per level...

lvl 4 = 100hp

lvl 6 = 200hp

lvl 7 = 250hp

unfortunately, I can't say the same for his mp:

lvl 4 = 50mp

lvl 6 = 100mp

lvl 7 = 150mp

... his mp rate doubled from lvl 6 to 7, though I would like to comment that he gained an excessive number of skills between those levels and depended on them a lot more more.

I think now at lvl 9 he has a minimum of 350hp and 200(or 250)mp; though, the stats probably boosted it.

I don't know if speculation counts on this thread or not...

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

@MagicWafflez: It's only my opinion, but I think this kind of specific speculation fits right into this thread better than anywhere else. Especially at this time, when we are still learning the rules of progression for Jee-han. With time, there will be less room for speculation as we get to understand the rules, and in the end I think this thread will become much less busy than right now (still, I hope it will remain useful as a source of information for discussion in other threads).

FUG

FUG

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

I would like to make a conjecture. I know his int and vitality are probably going to mess this up, but it seems that his HP is going up at a steady rate of 50hp per level...

lvl 4 = 100hp

lvl 6 = 200hp

lvl 7 = 250hp

unfortunately, I can't say the same for his mp:

lvl 4 = 50mp

lvl 6 = 100mp

lvl 7 = 150mp

... his mp rate doubled from lvl 6 to 7, though I would like to comment that he gained an excessive number of skills between those levels and depended on them a lot more more.

I think now at lvl 9 he has a minimum of 350hp and 200(or 250)mp; though, the stats probably boosted it.

I don't know if speculation counts on this thread or not...

The problem with having his hp go up by 50 hp per level is that it implies that he would have had 0 hp at level 2 and -50 hp at level 1. 

My conjecture is that it was going up by less than 50 per level before level 4, it is going up by 50 per level now, and it will likely keep accelerating and go up by more than 50 points per level in the future.  The progression for mp seems similar: he had less than 25 points per level to start out with, gained 25 points per level from level 4 to level 6, and is gaining 50 points per level now.