Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Jee-han's current stats

Plot Main character Keeping track Stats

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

EDIT: This is a Google Spreadsheet with a continuously-updated table of stats.

Now, I've never ever played any kind of MMORPG, so I'm not the most indicated person to do this, but if my fellow readers find this worthwhile, I trust them to keep this updated and improved (or to let the topic die out in neglect quietly, if they don't).

Whenever I start reading a manga whose main character acquires new skills, or assets, or powers, or whatever, a common problem I find is keeping track of what they can do at a given moment. The authors bank on our forgetfulness because this allows them to bring up almost-forgotten skills in a climactic moment and surprise everyone. So they are very careful not to remind us too often of what the characters can do. In series which are quests this can be a huge problem (for example, I don't know any more what Baam and his friends can do and what they can't right now in Tower of God, and I don't really feel like reading everything again to find out), but even in more subdued series like Liar Game knowing how much money or debt the characters have can be an issue.

Well, this time I have the opportunity to avoid this trouble because I picked up this series to read at a very early stage, so Jee-han hasn't got too many improvements in his stats and it's easy to compile them. So I am going to do just that.

I know the topic on Jee-han's point distribution has a table of stats, but since the theme being discussed is different, I don't believe there will be regular updates there.

Of course, since sometimes the author fails to keep track himself, inconsistencies may arise and this topic may be useful to pinpoint them in later discussion (this has already happened with his INT). And naturally there may be time skips that don't allow us to keep track of what has happened, and any gained skills in the meantime are only explained in later flashbacks. It is also possible that the author decides not to put much emphasis in Jee-han's gamer profile evolution, and more in plot development or characterisation. In this case, this topic will most likely end up ignored and justly so.

But enough blustering. Here's Jee-han's current stats, based on the status windows on chapter 5 plus what happened ever since:

Han Jee-han

The Gamer

Level 7

Health Points: 200

Mana Points: 100

- recovery rate: one MP per minute

Strength: 15

Vitality: 9

Dexterity: 11

Intelligence: 8

Wisdom: 6

Luck: 9

Money: 3000 won

(I am assuming this is not very important and will change as he works in his part-time job - if he has one - or gets a monthly allowance from his parents, but I put it here anyway. Don't expect the author to keep track of it very often, though.)

(Now, I am assuming these are EXP points and that the value needed to advance a level is subtracted from the total automatically as progression happens. Is this how it works in MMORPGs? The reason for this assumption is that he only had 10 points in the beginning of chapter 5, and that was right after he had progressed two levels. Jee-han hasn't accomplished anything worth EXP points after killing the last zombie and so he must have either zero or very few points after crossing into level seven.)

Passive skills:

A Gamer's body: Level MAX

A Gamer's mind: Level MAX

Physical endurance: Level 2                                                                         

Blunt weapon mastery: Level 5

Active skills:

Observe: Level 2                                                                                           

Rip: Level 1

Power strike: Level 5

Energy bolt: Level 1

Instant Dungeon escape: Level 1

Instant Dungeon create: Level 1                   (Instant Dungeon, ID, being the same as Illusion Barrier)

Inventory:

- Aluminium bat

- Medicines for mouth inflammation, external injury (+5 HP) and drowsiness

These stats are current as of chapter 8. (I suggest that whoever bothers to update this topic in the future other than myself keeps this closing line for reference.)

Well, this post was long, but in the future (if there is one for this topic), a few lines with the plain stats will suffice. Of course, feel free to correct anything in this post, but do so, if possible, by replacing the whole table so that any reader can consult the whole thing by reading just the last post.

Edited by kendama, 11 February 2014 - 01:27 AM.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Those points are the number of stat points he can distribute. It should have gone up to 15 now that he's levelled up again.

Also there's a discrepancy with his Intelligence attribute, which was shown to be 8 both before and after he gained a bonus point from diligent studying. One of them is a mistake, meaning he might actually have a 9.

And strictly speaking an Instant Dungeon may be a type of Illusion Barrier rather than just another name for them.

Edited by JackApostrophe, 27 October 2013 - 10:23 PM.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

Ah, OK, so we probably have:

Spoiler

These stats are current as of chapter 9.

(The issue of using the EXP points is odd, though. Why hasn't Jee-han done it already? I mean, he has no time to wait!)

One reason I think that (Instant Dungeon) is another name for an Illusion Barrier (given by Gaia through Jee-han's gaming mind) is that neither of the two we have seen so far were created by him, and Sun-il chuckled at hearing the name, meaning that they are probably known as Illusion Barrier and not by anything else. Just as no ability user probably calls their energy "mana".

Edited by kendama, 23 November 2013 - 04:56 PM.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Okay, so as of Chapter 9 we know that Jee-Han's Instant Dungeon skills now allow him to get alerts when he enters an Illusion Barrier (which always came as a surprise to him before) including information on the type of Illusion Barrier and any special effects it might have.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

I'm wondering if that's an interaction with his Observe skill.  Like, he'll get Observe info on anything that happens if he's got a relevant skill.  If he learned to do Summoning stuff (I doubt he will, but for example) he'd probably get a popup when that dark summoning guy summons something.  Or if someone else pulls out a blunt instrument and hits someone, he might get a popup telling him how serious their Blunt Weapon Mastery is and whether they've got any powers that buff it.

I'm definitely waiting for him to allocate some of those level-up points.  Plus, I'm wondering about his new skills--did they cost any of those points to get?

Oh, one more note--I believe we found out at one point that he recovers 5 Health Points/minute.

Edited by Purple Library Guy, 03 November 2013 - 05:36 PM.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

On RPGs you gain health every time you level up depending on what your vitality is at but from what its shown his maximum health has not gone up at all.

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!
(The issue of using the EXP points is odd, though. Why hasn't Jee-han done it already? I mean, he has no time to wait!)

He might simply be saving them until he understands the supernatural world and his own abilities better.

Edited by Giantess, 03 November 2013 - 06:45 PM.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

On RPGs you gain health every time you level up depending on what your vitality is at but from what its shown his maximum health has not gone up at all.

Depends on the RPG. Seems likely that Jee-Han has to put points into Vitality to get HP increases.

FUG

FUG

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

Power strike: Level 5

In Chapter 6 power strike was only at level 3, and I don't remember him getting any messages saying that it leveled up since then.

At level 4 he had 100 HP and 50 MP.  At level 6 he had 200 HP and 100 MP.  Not only is HP going up with an increase in level, it is going up in a very rapid non-linear fashion.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

In Chapter 6 power strike was only at level 3, and I don't remember him getting any messages saying that it leveled up since then.

Corrected. Instead of cluttering the page with lots of copy and paste posts, I am introducing corrections to the most recent post with the full list. At least while this thread shows up in the front page for the series. If there is a significant change in his status or if the most recent post ceases to be in the last page of the thread, I'll add the updates as a new post. That way, any person who wants to check the list will be able to find it in the last page of the thread.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

At level 4 he had 100 HP and 50 MP.  At level 6 he had 200 HP and 100 MP.  Not only is HP going up with an increase in level, it is going up in a very rapid non-linear fashion.

I hadn't noticed that.  Well, that's good, because I was noticing most things have a lot more hit points than he does, and some of his own attacks (granted, when he crits) would have one-shotted him if they'd hit him.  He could definitely use some more.

Hachiman

Hachiman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

i think he doesnt have to train in order to learn new skills because from what i saw @ ch 10 on the last strip he took a skill book and it asked him if he wanted to learn it so i think he will just pick the option yes and then he knows it lol.

so im guessing he will be very powerful in the future. very

Edited by Hachiman, 08 November 2013 - 11:56 PM.

FUG

FUG

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

I hadn't noticed that.  Well, that's good, because I was noticing most things have a lot more hit points than he does, and some of his own attacks (granted, when he crits) would have one-shotted him if they'd hit him.  He could definitely use some more.

In RPGs the monsters almost always have more HP than the player characters.  The players generally have better skills, more powerful attacks, and often better defense/damage reduction.  Just because he could theoretically one-shot himself doesn't mean that a monster around his level could one-shot him.

And speaking of damage reduction, Jee-Han's Physical Endurance skill should now be level 3.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

And speaking of damage reduction, Jee-Han's Physical Endurance skill should now be level 3.

Maybe we ought to wait for confirmation of that. As I said, I have never played this kind of game, but I think there is a difference in "increased mastery" and "levelling up". I believe the latter is the result of several instances of the former. My evidence is chapter 4. After he got the Physical endurance skill, he increased his mastery by a few percentage points by getting hit further, but these did not result in levelling up until chapter 5, when he was hit again on the hands. So it seems that he needs the experience to reach 100% within a level in order to ascend to the next level.

Then again, you may be right. "Increased mastery" was announced in red screen messages on chapter 4, and the levelling up was announced in a blue screen message in chapter 5. Since the message in chapter 10 was in a blue screen, it may have corresponded to a level promotion, despite its contents. And he certainly took damage enough to earn a promotion.

Maybe the translation slipped up here or the author is not bothering too much with consistency at this stage.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

This chapter had significant changes, plus confirmation of a few things (like that he gets five EXP per level), so there you are:

Spoiler

Edited by kendama, 23 November 2013 - 04:56 PM.

TUSF

TUSF

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

I think that it gives him an alert when he enters a "special dungeon". Not just any dungeon. Ones that do specific status effects and such.

Anyways, I'm amused he still has 3k Won, and EXACTLY that much.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

I guess he did the right thing holding on to his attribute points :D

Spoiler

He'll probably hold on to the last two attribute points until there is another skill he wants to learn. 

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

I guess he did the right thing holding on to his attribute points :D

Spoiler

He'll probably hold on to the last two attribute points until there is another skill he wants to learn. 

Actually his Physical Endurance should be level 3 now - it leveled up again when Sae-Young hit him and did 150 points of damage to him.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

Actually his Physical Endurance should be level 3 now - it leveled up again when Sae-Young hit him and did 150 points of damage to him.

See my comment on that. It's comment #14.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

Wonder if the author is ever going to go back and correct his intelligence?

It was 8 before he got a +1 bonus for studying, and it was still 8.

Edited by Olinser, 17 November 2013 - 12:13 AM.