Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

Chapter 15 seems to be sort of a turning point for them, they are becoming more friendly, exchanging numbers and all. 

Edited by inzaratha, 24 November 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully
I love that surprise email she sent.

In Japanese, her tone of voice is that of politeness. It's almost like she's speaking to someone with high regards to. Oh wait.

Edited by Cake-kun, 27 November 2013 - 04:31 AM.

Clead HeavenHell

Clead HeavenHell

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I just saw a huge MISS sign in Ueno's head... wasn't expecting the difference in attire to be so extreme I couldn't even think she was the catgirl

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

Chapter 19

I actually didn't notice it was Ueno. I think the page with the owner, some other lady and Ueno got me confused.
Well... it'll be interesting to see what will happen with Ueno and Shouya now...

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

I've always liked you, even after we bullied you because you were such a dick.

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts

Cmon man you seem alot smater then that, how can she says that she always liked you, even tho you dont even know each other, you also know their relationship was like... so.. just put the 1 and 1 together...

Clead HeavenHell

Clead HeavenHell

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Ishida is not that intelligent, but at least he has a good level of honestity as in chapter 20. Like characters like that

Edited by Clead HeavenHell, 07 January 2014 - 12:23 PM.

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

After all this time she is still the same bitch that she was.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Fairly impressive sales numbers for a title like this I think, over 100k in sales for vol2..........though I still haven't decided I wanna read this.  :D

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-31/japanese-comic-ranking-january-20-26

Tn7HA0h.png

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts

He is being pretty dense there.    He noticed she was acting differently and put her hair in a ponytail but then dense. 

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

This is BS. I'm guessing that Nishimija said something along the lines of "suki da yo". While he could confuse the moon (tsuki) with like (suki), the rest of it doesn't make any sense that way. He'd have to be über dumb to think that.

Btw, I love the story so far, i just wanted to point this out.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

zion31

zion31

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

This is BS. I'm guessing that Nishimija said something along the lines of "suki da yo". While he could confuse the moon (tsuki) with like (suki), the rest of it doesn't make any sense that way. He'd have to be über dumb to think that.

Btw, I love the story so far, i just wanted to point this out.

How ? You just misunderstood the translator's note. Here's a result from simply asking Google : http://lang-8.com/94214/journals/427757

FYI, Japanese isn't THAT simple.

claudio rolna

claudio rolna

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

LOL NISHIMIYA CONFESED LOLLLLLLLL

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

How ? You just misunderstood the translator's note. Here's a result from simply asking Google : http://lang-8.com/94214/journals/427757

FYI, Japanese isn't THAT simple.

While it's true that japanese people doesn't use love ("Aishiteru") in casual speech (Although, it's found in lyrics sometimes), the word Nishimiya uses here "Suki" means a general love/like depending on the context. Nine out of ten times the phrase "suki da yo" is used in high scool anime, and others to confess love. Plus "tsuki da yo" doesn't really mean anything.

So, while aknowleging that Shouja can be a bit dumb, I still think that he should've been able to solve this one. Usually manga characters at this point misunderstand, and think that the other likes them as a friend, and not as a lover, and that is well within the ambiguity of the japanese language, but mishearing it as moon? Please, no one is really that dumb.

Edited by Evan Dark, 04 February 2014 - 08:07 AM.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

anonymous preferred

anonymous preferred

Potato

• Donator
  • 170 posts

While it's true that japanese people doesn't use love ("Aishiteru") in casual speech (Although, it's found in lyrics sometimes), the word Nishimiya uses here "Suki" means a general love/like depending on the context. Nine out of ten times the phrase "suki da yo" is used in high scool anime, and others to confess love. Plus "tsuki da yo" doesn't really mean anything.

So, while aknowleging that Shouja can be a bit dumb, I still think that he should've been able to solve this one. Usually manga characters at this point misunderstand, and think that the other likes them as a friend, and not as a lover, and that is well within the ambiguity of the japanese language, but mishearing it as moon? Please, no one is really that dumb.

Shouko means to say "suki" and slips "uki." (c23 p14-15 - http://raw.senmanga.com/Koe_no_Katachi/23/14/ )

After a couple of tries, she manages to say "Chuki," which is very similar to "Tsuki (moon)." (c23 p18 - http://raw.senmanga.com/Koe_no_Katachi/23/17 )

I suggest you go read the raw first before you jump to a conclusion calling a manga character "dumb" based on your limited knowledge in Japanese. You'll only end up embarrassing yourself that way.

Edited by anonymous preferred, 04 February 2014 - 04:20 PM.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts

The current chapter looks like something bad is going to go down with that other girl showing up,  I felt my heart drop when she showed up at the end. 

Pandora

Pandora

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMy world

The current chapter looks like something bad is going to go down with that other girl showing up,  I felt my heart drop when she showed up at the end.

Same here, I feel like something bad is going to happen and at some point it will be unbearable to see the way that she might treat Shouko (since in the latest chapters we can see how much she actually hates Shouko, she actually wants to keep bullying her :/ )

Kyon12

Kyon12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

The serie is good I like it, almost every chapter made me cry I hope Ueno doesn´t stir up trouble or she just can go die in a corner alone............

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts

I think Ueno somehow liked him for being a bully - I know that's twisted but it sure seems like she was hoping to join in with him in that, plus she is jealous that he is giving attention to the other girl. 

Pandora

Pandora

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMy world
I think she's trying desperately to make him a bully again, she likes to see someone else suffer and that is really twisted