Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Gamer Raws Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1003 replies to this topic

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

Sigh. We don't get the follow up like kubera or tower of god for people to summarize raws.

The box she dropped on his foot is full of skill books.

He picks up them all. Some of them he can learn, a couple he can't.

Then he grabs his bat and he tries out a couple of the skills.

Oh, and at one point he pervs down Sae-Young's shirt when she bends over the box.

That's pretty much it, looks like a talking/explanation chapter for the most part.

Edited by Olinser, 05 December 2013 - 11:01 PM.

jl1

jl1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

The box she dropped on his foot is full of skill books.

He picks up them all. Some of them he can learn, a couple he can't.

Yeah, looks like the level requirements for at least one is pretty high.  Not that gramps understands level requirements...

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Nevermind.  Had a notion but when I went back and looked more carefully I was wrong. 

Well.  So near as I can figure he picked up at least four skills, presumably vicious and legendary.  But he's no good at any of them yet.

Edited by Purple Library Guy, 06 December 2013 - 07:12 AM.

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Thanks. Was interested in the names of the skills tho, that much I can guess from the pictures. I guess cloud, rain and  wind god techniques.

Edited by Rafa El, 06 December 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Azakura

Azakura

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts

Uhm aren't all the chapters up to 40 already up, but looked or something like that

http://comic.naver.com/bestChallenge/detail.nhn?titleId=487693&seq=14

Gasp! What spoilers~

Edited by Azakura, 06 December 2013 - 11:40 PM.

ChiPsiUp

ChiPsiUp

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

chapter 40!? We have a ways to go before catching up at one per week then. 

FUG

FUG

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

chapter 40!? We have a ways to go before catching up at one per week then. 

This time the story is progressing faster than it did the first time.  Based on spoiler pictures, chapter 31 of the Best Challenge version looks like the current chapter 14.  So at this rate it should only take around 4 more weeks to catch up to where the Best Challenge version was when it ended.

Vandalier

Vandalier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

damn it since I saw the panel at the bottom I had "Get on My Horse" stuck in my head.

Through adverse Zahard will the monarchy of the great fisherman be in ruinous trouble: The young red black one will seize the hierarchy, The traitors will act on a day of drizzle.

Lost_in_translation

Lost_in_translation

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBeneath the darkness

why do i get same picture at all bestchalllenge raws ???

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

why do i get same picture at all bestchalllenge raws ???

They were deleted the translation on the picture is " Would you like to start the game over? Starting the game over will delete all progress. Click yes | no " and he clicks yes

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Comerz88

Comerz88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationger

waht is the meening off that ???

any idea??

Azakura

Azakura

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts
I went to check what 'Best Challenge' means, and I found this.

"Korean webtoons are more meritocratic: anybody can submit an online comic to Naver's "Challenge" section. Those who become popular get promoted to the Best Challenge section, then finally to the webtoon section. Once there, it starts over under the supervision of an editor, and Naver starts paying the author. Tower of God is one of the comics that went through this process. This is significant because the system is based on what people want to read, not on what publishing companies Think people want to read."

In short, the version with up to chapter 40 is a different version (kind of like a oneshot in manga). It'll be cool if anyone has the aceess to this version.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

waht is the meening off that ???

any idea??

The original series was submitted as part of the Naver 'Best Challenge' section.

I went to check what 'Best Challenge' means, and I found this.

"Korean webtoons are more meritocratic: anybody can submit an online comic to Naver's "Challenge" section. Those who become popular get promoted to the Best Challenge section, then finally to the webtoon section. Once there, it starts over under the supervision of an editor, and Naver starts paying the author. Tower of God is one of the comics that went through this process. This is significant because the system is based on what people want to read, not on what publishing companies Think people want to read."

In short, the version with up to chapter 40 is a different version (kind of like a oneshot in manga). It'll be cool if anyone has the aceess to this version.

That is exactly what it is. This also bodes very well for The Gamer to continue for an extended period of time, because it is actually serialized and the author is paid.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Yeah, it's an awesome system. But the product can change massively when the new version comes out. Crepuscule was very different apparently.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

Yeah, it's an awesome system. But the product can change massively when the new version comes out. Crepuscule was very different apparently.

Yes, but most manga also changed significantly from their pilot one-shots as well.

The final versions of Naruto and One-Piece are radically different from their pilot chapters.

Comerz88

Comerz88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationger

waht do you think would hapen in the next ch.15 ???

Edited by Comerz88, 09 December 2013 - 07:10 PM.

codel

codel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

waht do you think would hapen in the next ch.15 ???

Most likely the girl in his class is going to notice him for the first time since she transferred.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

Most likely the girl in his class is going to notice him for the first time since she transferred.

I'm pretty sure she already noticed him.

I'm guessing there are rules and protocols in place for when ability users encounter each other in the 'real' world. She's probably not allowed to acknowledge anything about ability users while 'normal' people are present.

However, I do think that she will get him alone and talk to him at some point soon.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Since Jee-Han suggested that she and Black Summoner were using some sort of ability to make themselves less noticeable, another possibility is that she is simply assuming that he is vulnerable to the same effect when he is not. After all if you recall the description of his skill "A Gamer's Mind" says that he's immune to psychological status effects.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

Since Jee-Han suggested that she and Black Summoner were using some sort of ability to make themselves less noticeable, another possibility is that she is simply assuming that he is vulnerable to the same effect when he is not. After all if you recall the description of his skill "A Gamer's Mind" says that he's immune to psychological status effects.

Hmm, definitely a possibility. But that doesn't explain why she didn't initate any kind of contact with him yet. Black Summoner very probably doesn't even recognize or remember him - he was just some random schmuck he threatened to get her to fight.

But she stated outright that she had memorized his face and name. Even if she's using some kind of mind clouding ability, she should have had some kind of contact with him to get more information on him.