Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Gamer Raws Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1003 replies to this topic

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Anyone kind enough to give a bulletpoint summary? I'm just interested in new skills tbh.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

Nice! the mysterious transfer student flag, got to say she looks good in uniform  ;) I wounder if his friend let her know he learn their skill book? 

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Davester

Davester

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I think the item he picked up was a soul gem, because it looks like it was referencing the healing technique information window when he was looking at it. Also, it looks like his mana blast only used up a small amount of his mp while taking off about the same % of the zombie hps, while causing a knockdown effect as well.

Edited by Davester, 21 November 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Firehorse32

Firehorse32

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

Yeah. Pretty sure that's a soul stone, just from the info window and his reaction.

Red probably started having him investigated by her clan after their first meeting since he was an unknown factor. In that investigation, she probably found out about his connection to the MC's friend's clan. Time to get closer to the observation target, so why not transfer. I'm not sure if it's a result of the MC learning the book skill since it was just the day before unless there was a time jump in there somewhere.

This is gonna get fun.

"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

Rage_Quit

Rage_Quit

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I think the item he picked up was a soul gem, because it looks like it was referencing the healing technique information window when he was looking at it. Also, it looks like his mana blast only used up a small amount of his mp while taking off about the same % of the zombie hps, while causing a knockdown effect as well.

Ya not much DMG but knockdowns are very valuable skills in games, but I was kinda expecting to see the zombie go up in flames!   

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

Chapter 13 is up:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=552960&no=13&weekday=fri

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts

Is it just me or did it look like the Black Summoner jumped up to the window and came in the class room then nonchalantly asked the class rep something. It kind of felt like he was day dreaming & just imagined it I also expected him to talk with the transfer student. This chapter had a strange feel can't wait for the translation.  

Posted Image

Spoiler

FUG

FUG

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

Is it just me or did it look like the Black Summoner jumped up to the window and came in the class room then nonchalantly asked the class rep something. It kind of felt like he was day dreaming & just imagined it I also expected him to talk with the transfer student. This chapter had a strange feel can't wait for the translation.  

I think the Black Summoner is one of their teachers now.

Firehorse32

Firehorse32

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

I'm guessing that the box is full of books. 

"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

Sniter

Sniter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSwiss :D

Uhm aren't all the chapters up to 40 already up, but looked or something like that 

http://comic.naver.com/bestChallenge/detail.nhn?titleId=487693&seq=14

Guciomen

Guciomen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Best challenger version yes. The Gamer restarted and author gets money for his releases.

Sniter

Sniter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSwiss :D

So you can't read the past chapter in anyway shape or form?

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts

It would be cool if we could read them but they just shows a single panel and its the same one for every chapter! 

(edit) Naver or the author probably took them down so as not to spoil readers.

Edited by sorrow, 30 November 2013 - 12:56 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Raleader

Raleader

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

anyone managed to get the raws before they were taken down?

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

@Raleader - I've searched before, but been unable to find raws on any english site, I searched both for the author and the original name but the only thing that comes up is the current The Gamer. I asked the current group translating - Bapscans - and they don't have the raws either.

Maybe if somebody could actually search in Korean they might be able to find them on a fan site somewhere, but I don't think the original series was ever translated, and I doubt they're available on any official site anymore.

With regards to the graphic that shows up - I don't speak Korean myself, but my buddy says that it roughly translates as:

"Restarting the game will erase all progress.

Are you sure you wish to restart?"

And the hand is clicking on 'Yes'.

Edited by Olinser, 03 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

nozgorod

nozgorod

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

New raw chapter up on naver!!!

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Sigh. We don't get the follow up like kubera or tower of god for people to summarize raws.

Edited by Rafa El, 05 December 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Guciomen

Guciomen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

The Gamer isn't popular enough I guess.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

I have read somewhere that it was already the third most popular on Naver. And it hit almost 3,500 followers here in just three months (for comparison, Kubera has almost 4,500 after more than two years). With a dedicated group working on fast, high-quality releases like BAP scans, and a theme that resonates with so many readers (the gamer and manga fan communities overlap significantly), I think it is a relatively safe bet that it will receive more attention as time goes by. It is of note that its score is at 4.92 at Batoto and still rising slowly even though the natural tendency is to fall over time. The authors need just to keep the story interesting.

I think the main reason for the lack of summaries is more trivial, though. Tower of God and Kubera are scanlated by The Company, which is connected to Batoto, and The Gamer isn't.

Edited by kendama, 05 December 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Raleader

Raleader

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

i think that in time, as the "the gamer" comunity expands here on batoto and the story develops a little bit more, making fans addicted to it like in the case of TOG or kubera, it will have a follow up, it's a grat webtoon after all.