Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Released chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Chapter 74: do we know in future chapters what "Arata" (the "toy"/object use by Shinohara) is?

Arata proto are quinques made from Arata's kakuja kagune.
Seems like if they let the quinque "eat some of them", then it'll get stronger or give them more power-up?
It's still not confirmed that Arata's dead.
CCG're probably using him in making quinques because there are more than one quinque made from him?

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 07 July 2014 - 10:21 PM.

Can't decide

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Sorry late reply to this topic but

Morbid assumed Kaneki is X and connected it to Touka's "Don't leave me alone...". One possibility is to interpret it as Kaneki's answer to Touka's "Don't leave me alone..." That's a valid interpretation of the text, but I think Touka's "Don't leave me alone..." is part of the flashback (because of the clothes Touka seems to wear in that panel). If it is a part of the flashback, Kaneki cannot answer Touka's exclamation.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c071/21.html"
Maybe it's all darkened for effect because in the panel where she says "Don't leave me alone...", her face has some scratches

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Arata proto are quinques made from Arata's kakuja kagune.Seems like if they let the quinque "eat some of them", then it'll get stronger or give them more power-up?It's still not confirmed that Arata's dead.CCG're probably using him in making quinques because there are more than one quinque made from him?

Ouch... That sounds so horrible, I hope for his sake that he's dead! Thanks for the answer!

Edited by favole, 08 July 2014 - 08:04 AM.

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

that's what I was hoping for...

due to the popularity of the anime we get faster translations^^

What did Yomo mean when he called Noro "not only a ghoul"...

also you gotta praise Juuzou for his eagle eyes... He discovered Kaneki from that far away and remebered him instantly although Kaneki wore his mask and has white hair now LOL

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

that's what I was hoping for...

due to the popularity of the anime we get faster translations^^

What did Yomo mean when he called Noro "not only a ghoul"...

also you gotta praise Juuzou for his eagle eyes... He discovered Kaneki from that far away and remebered him instantly although Kaneki wore his mask and has white hair now LOL

See, that's the problem with low-quality scans, they contain more mistranslations. Yomo doesn't say that Noro isn't only a ghoul, he says that Noro isn't some ordinary ghoul.

Edited by Old McDonald, 11 July 2014 - 06:04 PM.

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

We're missing chapter 78 and 79, but I still read chapter 80, and finally Akira is introduced in the translated chapters (I kinda like her). Good! (and I think this is the first time we've met Arima in the flesh and not in flashbacks)

White Guard

White Guard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

We're missing chapter 78 and 79, but I still read chapter 80, and finally Akira is introduced in the translated chapters (I kinda like her). Good! (and I think this is the first time we've met Arima in the flesh and not in flashbacks)

No.You can see him here:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/214012/tokyo-ghoul_v3_ch29_by_twisted-hel-scans/2

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Ah you're right: My bad! :) let's just say this is the first time I've noticed him in the flesh, after knowing all that he did (what ghouls he fought against, how he defeated Owl, and so on... )

Rak_Wrath

Rak_Wrath

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts

I didn't expect Kaneki to turn down Touka, but her reaction was even less expected.

I have some mixed feelings about the Tokyo Ghoul plot that is to come. Once the MC reaches a god-level strength, either the series is about to end, or all of (his) opponents get power ups. I tend to not like series with the latter outcome (and we can clearly see that that's where this is headed). After a certain point, namely if the MC gets another power up and (his) enemies also get power ups, the series starts to become redundant.

I guess the one thing that's cool about Kaneki's transformation is that his resolve improved along with it. Now, even if Kaneki gets thrashed around by some SS ghouls, at least the reader won't be frustrated with him for not being willing to fight to his fullest potential.

~I am RaLeader~

~A true leader of these troubled times~

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts
Finally all gaps are closed...
Kaneki leaves Anteiku to change everything in the world :D
My favourite part was Kaneki being clear with Tsukiyama... So badass.
Poor Touka though :(

Edited by x-cube323, 15 July 2014 - 04:26 AM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

I just started reading and have reached the 53rd chapters.. 

I was pulled in at the start cause hey powers that go berserk, main character with the "One eyed" thing going for him, and the sudden boost of strength for the main character.. But... Suddenly he turned into this guy who everyone needs to save, it's almost like he can't stand up for himself at all. First was the Gourmet thing, he was just saved in that spot and was more of a "Livestock" then anything. Then the following arc 2 stupid guys kicked his ass and put him in a bag to take him with em... Da fuck? I mean once is bad.. But 2 times in a few chapters? That's going too far.. Did the author start hating the main character for some reason and felt him being the "princess to be rescued" fit him a lot more? 

But anyways I'm just complaining because I'm slowly seeing the manga turn into something that I don't like.. I'll keep on reading now, but I had to get this off my chest.

Edit: I take that back. It was all a build up to make the main character into a monster.

Edited by geenius3ab, 17 July 2014 - 02:41 AM.

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts
But anyways I'm just complaining because I'm slowly seeing the manga turn into something that I don't like.. I'll keep on reading now, but I had to get this off my chest.

and you're on chapter 53? Oh man you have no idea what's coming

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

and you're on chapter 53? Oh man you have no idea what's coming

Lol. You know when I was on chapter like 50-53, and I had seen white!Kaneki pictures around and I didn't understand why his hair had turned like that but I couldn't wait for it, and when it hit me in the face, a few chapters later, I wasn't expecting it AT ALL and I gawked for a long time, ahaha (the torture scene was hard on me though, I really hated Yamori, not a shred of pity for him when Juuzou destroyed him).

I'm sorry for Touka though: one minute he says "I won't" to her "don't leave me" and a few chapters later he says "ok don't follow me, bye", I can understand why it's hard for someone like her who had just begun getting attached to him... 

Edited by favole, 17 July 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
300px-Mutsumi_Chino.png

Who else hates this guy?
... Yes, I don't like him.
Can't decide

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Who's he?

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

Some random veteran of the CCG during the Aogiri raid, someone who looks too ordinary being part of a monster extermination force. He's just a background character.

I'm sure the next few chapters will be interesting on the CCG investigation side but I'm really looking forward to chapter 85.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Who's he?

http://vatoto.com/read/_/245201/tokyo-ghoul_v7_ch64_by_twisted-hel-scans/4

but I'm really looking forward to chapter 85.

Me too.

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 17 July 2014 - 10:34 PM.

Can't decide

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Why don't you like him then Jassim? :)

I'm looking forward to it as well!

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
I just don't like his face and character.
Especially when he said "What's that? They're all Lily's midnight snacks"...
Can't decide

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
Hide didn't appear in the Gourmet Arc, did he?

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 21 July 2014 - 07:37 PM.