Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

latest chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

mikeyeli

mikeyeli

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHonduras

Yup, I've seen it too. Not quite sure just exactly what it means though.

Spoiler

>_< sooo curious for sure. This webtoon has all sorts of mystery going on in its story line, it's been that way from the very start I think, it just keeps adding on more teasers as it goes along.

Your theory seems like a good one, I don't know that we're going to find out any time soon though. For that matter we're almost caught up with the Naver originals, and just looking at the pictures, there hasn't been any sign this is ending any time soon.

Yeah, that's what i meant, and no it doesn't solve anything btw, just gives us more stuff to speculate about, lol.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Yeah, that's what i meant, and no it doesn't solve anything btw, just gives us more stuff to speculate about, lol.

Haha, well that's certainly true, even more mystery added now.....

Tn7HA0h.png

seileene

seileene

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
Ersha has a prediction that Neal will die? (I know nothing about tarot, but that card she dropped can’t mean anything good.) Ho boy. I’ve got mixed feeling about that. Neal’s utterly and completely despicable. But Ersha never even properly meeting her brother is a terrible thought.

Sides seem to be boiling down to those who side with the Crepuscule, and those who side with the people. Lark will eventually end up with the people (we know this from the prologue), but the story is a lot about getting there. Nergal and Angela have already started disenchanting Lark’s view of paradise.

I’m really putting my speculations into the fate of the monster races outside the Crepuscule. They’re still relevant even if Lark doesn’t have anything to do with them. Half of the plot is about how their all going to survive in the real world, so finding out what happened to the faction of their race that actually lived there all this time or perished should prove to be an interesting mystery.

Also, Karmilla wanted to leave because she pitied humans of all things. And while humanity did start to fight back, prey vs predator doesn’t usually end well.

If Lark has any connections to them, that opens a whole new can of worms. Actually, if Lark has any weird direct connections to vamps in general, I’d bet it’d have to do with the ones who stayed behind. And most likely, the one name we’ve heard thus far within them: Chepesh.

That’s not the only possibility though. The vamps who stayed behind could have broken this mysterious-contract-that-we-know-nothing-about. Or they could have discovered an advanced form of biological magic to make them indistinguishable from humans.

I’m curious if this mysterious contract would dissolve vamp powers in general. Then, if broken, the Crepuscule inhabitants would (have been) feel the effects, but only find out why far too late.

Another big plot point is the mutants. A handful of notable characters fall into the mutant category: Karne, Neal, Sia. Also of interest are anomalies who may or may not be classified as mutants: Nergal, Bathory, Setz, Lark, and the Council.

That means nearly everyone in a position of power is an oddity in some way, shape, or form? Yeesh.

Not to mention Navarus purposefully put Karne in a leadership position. It’s confirmed that he’s been looking for an anomaly that will allow his kin’s descendants to survive in the real world. In the mean time, it looks like he’s setting things up so that mutants will have the political power to protect themselves. Despite this being a risky move given the bloody history of mutants, and Karne’s psychological scarring might mean she’ll never be able to use her ability properly.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
The Hanged Man isn't a death card, unless it's linked with others in the deck that give the meaning (like a lot of the swords, the Tower, the Lovers, the Devil, Judgement and the Death card, all as possibles for instance... and it would also depend on the spread* used and where they were in it as to the precise meaning: there isn't a single "terminal" card).

What it does indicate is rather varied, sorry to say. As this looks as though it was an upright reading**, it could very well mean a fully aware self-sacrifice (be it either wise or foolish) for either knowledge or a goal, a warning about doing so or pointing out that others will do this on your behalf. In other circumstances, it can mean a deluded self-sacrifice (definitely the reversed reading, or in the wrong part of a spread). As this looks like a standard Tarot de Marseilles-derived*** image, that's a possible: stupid sacrifices for transitional and insubstantial material gain is one of the possible upright meanings of the card in that deck. Some readers also add a Judas meaning to the Hanged Man: it can mark betrayal in your path, if you are one of those. Particularly when near the Moon or the Devil.

Again: the Hanged Man is neither wholly positive or negative and should never be read with just one set of glasses on. He can swing either way. ;) The sacrifice may well be worth it. Think education: you sacrifice your time (as well as blood, sweat and tears) to gain something at the end. Whether that is a good thing is up to you. :D

Interesting that the ten of clubs also came up (torn in half): in cartomancy that could be translated as all the good, solid things in life like business success of all kinds, a solid personal base (and image with others: PR) and financial security are going to be torn away to leave nothing but misery and misfortune. (Note: the undamaged card would be all positive. The ten of clubs is a good card to get. All the clubs are usually friendly. Not like dangerous diamonds or sneaky spades.)

The ten of hearts would arguably be worse when torn in half, though: that's a more personal card. At least with clubs, there's always a hint you can rebuild, no matter how badly things get torn down. :)

*Spread or layout: how the cards are lain out on the table that show the reader which order to read them in, and which interpretation to use, given their place in the pattern. They can come in simple and complex. Even a single-card reading is a "spread". ;)

**Upright reading: when a card is right-side up, as it was supposed to be seen when originally drawn. Reversed is when it's upside-down, and, depending on the reader, can change the meaning of the card to either the opposite of the standard, upright reading, or obscure it in some other way. Reading reversals is a tricky business, and some readers don't bother using them.

***The template of most Tarot decks: the industry standard (there are others, like the Sardinian deck, for insistence). It's a gaming deck. (And, the game of Tarot is a fun one, by the way: I recommend it.) And, a direct descendent of the Italian grand-daddy of all modern card games. :D

Edited by Euodiachloris, 01 August 2012 - 12:12 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

avvernos

avvernos

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
i want more episode ...

Shaala

Shaala

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationEngland for school, France for home
I was wondering... What about Lark's father ? I mean we saw a picture of his mother implying that she was human. But what about his father ? Do you have any idea ?
If we take as base that his mother is human, maybe his father is one of the first generation or something ? (this is purely a theory)

Posted Image

Through the cold of Winter,

I seek your warmth.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I was wondering... What about Lark's father ? I mean we saw a picture of his mother implying that she was human. But what about his father ? Do you have any idea ?
If we take as base that his mother is human, maybe his father is one of the first generation or something ? (this is purely a theory)

Yeah, for the most part Lark's family history hasn't really been explored at all in the webtoon itself. His father hasn't ever been mentioned at all, and his mother only briefly. After that, pretty much all the characters who know Lark isn't supposed to be in Crepuscule consider him 100% human. But then with his red eyes.........oh well, the mystery continues

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Wow, the extra after chapter 76 says this is slated to be 200 chapters before it's complete..........so much for getting all the mysteries solved any time soon.

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Meh: who needs instant gratification, when you can be strung along for months? ;)

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Meh: who needs instant gratification, when you can be strung along for months? ;)

:D Years!! Even better.....

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
forgot the new chp was out today........

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=297795&no=82&weekday=mon

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
You know... patience is a virtue of mine... one I'm rather proud of. But, I'm seriously looking forward to the translation of that. ;) Looks like some juicy bomb-dropping on a couple of sides. :)

PlotCap.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

You know... patience is a virtue of mine... one I'm rather proud of. But, I'm seriously looking forward to the translation of that. ;) Looks like some juicy bomb-dropping on a couple of sides. :)

Yeah, it definitely looks like we're heading towards a big, flashy finale
Spoiler
And given that and what the authors said in 76.5 I'm guessing we're going to have a pretty big event (and a hiatus right after) soon.

Tn7HA0h.png

RushOfBlood

RushOfBlood

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIn your heart
It's probably already been discussed, but i think his supernatural side has been sealed.
the question is only what species he is...
And i don't feel like we have seen anything special from Lark yet.. And it can't go on forever.
I Just have this feeling that he is going to be the one that brings Kearne back to her timid self. ( that's her name right?)
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, complain, and most fools do."

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

It's probably already been discussed, but i think his supernatural side has been sealed.
the question is only what species he is...
And i don't feel like we have seen anything special from Lark yet.. And it can't go on forever.

For what it's worth, in chp 76.5, the author says he's human. It's how they explain him appearing so weak. It's that he is weak compared to all the other characters. I'm not saying it might not change, but I for one am wondering if I haven't been reading too much into Lark's red eyes for all this time. He might just be a regular guy with a funny set of peepers.

I can live with Lark as a regular guy with no powers, it won't really change the story for me. Even though I've thought there was some reason related to him being other than human for Carmilla visiting his dreams, I guess that doesn't really have to be the case at all. When it comes right down to it, the very fact of him being a human is the thing that makes him the most special in the world of Crepuscule.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Cool, this weeks Naver chapter has embedded music

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=297795&no=85&weekday=mon

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
The Manga Pirate version of the new chapter is out........

http://mangapirate.net/Crepuscule/82/1

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Lark's hilarious in whatever context it is. xD I guess we're getting a first-hand lesson on just how ruthless the Council can be and why they strike fear into most everybody. And it looks like Nergal must swing some pretty heavy weight as well.

Tn7HA0h.png

Danurai

Danurai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 262 posts
OKAY LARK, TIME TO GROW A PAIR.

I EXPECT NOTHING LESS THAN VANHELLSING ALL OVER THAT WORLD.

GO GET EVERY PIECE OF FUCKING SILVER, EVERY BULB OF GARLIC, EVERY STAKE IN THE NEAREST VICINITY AND GO CRAZY.

Don't mind me I was just voicing the collective opinion for this chapter.

"I am indifferent and If I have become evil, then it is what the tower has made me" -Twenty-Fifth Baam

baamtheking2.jpg

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
^I'd just settle for icing the stalker-bitch (word carefully chosen), myself. :P Well, for a first order of business. <_<

PlotCap.png