Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Where are the translated pages from author?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I guess there are info pages about Kubera giving additional information on it. And I guess translated pages because someone gave me a link to one talking about one of the characters, unfortunately I didn't see a way to navigate to any other pages with that one link. So where can I go to find more? Yes I am aware of the wiki, but I don't see translated info pages there. Ditto on all this with Tower of god.

Edited by truepurple, 25 August 2013 - 05:55 AM.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Well there's Mizura's translations of The Finite, which provide a myriad of insights into specific events. As for translations of Currygom's blog entries, other than the blog entries for races and cities and the blog information on magic and transcendentals there's no dedicated forum for it, but usually Mizura or someone kindly translates some relevant entries in the raws discussion thread every time a raw chapter comes out. I guess you could troll those threads for relevant comments. (Or if you ask nicely someone will answer your questions!)

As for ToG, well it's a bit of a clusterfuck over there but you should definitely be able to find all the relevant information you want in the proper threads, and some great material is translated on the wiki.

Edited by themantarays, 25 August 2013 - 06:17 AM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Those raw discussion threads you mention, here? Anyway, I don't want to read raw discussions, I might come across spoilers.

None of these entries actually say whether they are a literal translation of the information on currygoms blog entries, as opposed to someones figuring as to how it all works. And I know before someone gave me a page where it looked like it would with a scantelation page.  This one had Kubera Leez and another character on its page, general likes and dislikes, what interested her in a male or something (wants to be stronger then him) etc. I would give you the link but it's buried in a discussion thread and might be a bit difficult to find. I remember it contained information on her not present on the wiki page of her. I want more pages of that nature, word for word translations of the extra information on the site, but not google translated.

Edited by truepurple, 25 August 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

^ Hire a professional translator then. :P Or learn Korean yourself.

Edited by Mizura, 25 August 2013 - 03:30 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Please don't be rude, mizura. You might as well have told me to go F*$# myself, for all the manners, consideration, and reasonableness you have shown in that post. If people who don't want to spend a huge amount of time or money just to appreciate a webcomic a little more, want to know more about the story, then who are you to tell them off like that?  :excl:

As I was saying, it seems these exist, just a matter of knowing where. Unless that person scantelated a whole page just to contribute to a minor discussion.

Edited by truepurple, 25 August 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

They don't exist. The Company made a few pages then stopped. You can find the thread very easily by spending 1 minute to look through the old threads (there aren't many of them). Hint: it's titled "The Company's Guide to the World of Kubera", so it couldn't be more obvious, and besides we've already linked that thread to you, not our fault you forgot about it.

I've spent hundreds of hours trying to make sense of various blog information, as well as the side novels and the raws, for the sake of the fans (this includes learning Korean grammar and such). What have You done except complain about how they don't suit your standards, and how they aren't organized Exactly to your liking? :\ Do you have any idea how much work translating is? (I'm speaking as someone who regularly does professional Chinese-English translations)

Edited by Mizura, 25 August 2013 - 03:50 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Don't put words in my mouth or make up fiction about what I have supposedly done. I don't need your libel. 

Edited by truepurple, 25 August 2013 - 03:55 PM.

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

yo truepurple, the company didn't really do many translations for the kubera infos, there's some stuff at the ends of chapters and on this page http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/3402-the-companys-guide-to-the-world-of-kubera/. but they are a very small sample of the kubera blog/canon infos out there that currygom posted. 

so, unfortunately, you're basically not going to find the type of translation you want b/c  thcmpny just didn't do them. 

you might want to try out the wiki for infos, it's pretty accurate for the most part and mistakes are corrected if/when they are noticed.

also, mizura and others do a really good job 'figuring it all out'. it's  not 'google translated' in the typical base sense where you put the whole article into gt and get some jarbled output. her translations of the raws are pretty good and close to the original text for the most part (once you catch up to the current comic, the raw threads are pretty safe to browse, since thcmpny is caught up - you can compare if you want).. :)

as for tower of god (unlike kubera), there are mostly complete info translations at the ends of chapters as well as on various posts on that forum.

hope this helps.

Edited by LovelyLuvLuv, 25 August 2013 - 04:49 PM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I didn't say anyones translation was the same as googles, I was just saying googles translation wouldn't suffice is all.(some people have a annoying habit of telling others to turn to google, as a easy reply to anything, wanted to cut such people off at the pass, google is not my friend!)

Nor did I comment on the accuracy of the wiki. But going by that translated page I did see, I noticed information was on it that is not present on the wiki. Also the wiki isn't just the information presented from the info page, but also a compendium of information the author collected from the story itself, of which I would prefer to use my own judgement on after having read. Plus the wiki doesn't tell you which information is from the information pages, and which is from reading  the comic.

Once your up to current scantelation raw threads are safe to read? This reads like a contradiction. I thought the whole point of "raw" threads was to discuss that which hasn't been scantelated yet/that there is no point to a "raws thread" without that purpose. Well I suppose I could read 1 chapter behind, since they are up to current, right? Still means information scattered all over the place and mixed in with other stuff.

Edited by truepurple, 25 August 2013 - 05:29 PM.

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

I didn't say anyones translation was the same as googles

Nor did I comment on the accuracy of the wiki

Once your up to current scantelation raw threads are safe to read? This reads like a contradiction.

dude, no one's here to argue with you so you need to chill the fuck out (unless you are a troll, in which case i guess this post would be pointless lol). 

I talked about the google translate and wiki b/c just thought it might be helpful,not attacking your position on these topics. also, when the scanlations are caught up to the raws, people mostly discuss on the translation threads. at that point, the raw does not contain 'spoilers' so i'd consider it safe. and the raws thread do have a purpose because the scans are not always caught up to the raws.

also, i agree, yeah the information is kindof scattered.  -_- that's unfortunate, but everyone is a volunteer. so there is no need to sound so demanding ^_^

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

If no one is here to argue with me, then why am I being libeled by Mizura and told to "chill the fuck out" by you? Both responses are way overblown and unnecessarily aggressive, like people trying to start a fight.

I never said you were attacking my position, I was just explaining myself to avoid misunderstandings. Yet you reached yet another negative misunderstanding by my doing so. You seem pretty pessimistic based on this, well don't use that pessimism to judge my words please, like I never demanded anything here.

Look, if you can and will help, anyone, then please do so, (it's a request, not a demand) (and I know themantarays had already, and Mizura by doing the wiki, though not here) if not, please don't get up in my face, so to speak. I'm not the one who needs to chill.

Anyway, I don't have the time or mental energy to mine 153 chapters worth of discussion spread out in many multiple threads (that need to be searched out individually) for small nuggets of additional information. If I tried, I would probably forget like 80% of it by the time I reached the end. And if I did have the time and mental energy for that, I would want to spend it on better things, or funner things.

Edited by truepurple, 25 August 2013 - 06:56 PM.

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

telling someone to 'chill the fuck out' is not arguing. i'm sorry if it came off as aggressive (it's probably just the way i talk). it's also not meant to be a phrase used to start a fight. it was a comment on what i perceived was your unnecessarily aggressiveness. i was pretty friendly in my first post and was met with a strange backlash, which was weird.

back on topic.
also, i think just reading the chapters is sufficient information. you don't need the extra tidbits to enjoy the story (apparently, according to currygom). just reading the translated chapters should be fine if it bothers you to look through that huge raws thread. i am also too lazy to look through all of it lol.

i mostly supplemented my curiosity with the wiki, which do have random bits of useful info not in the scans.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

There was no backlash from me, not then anyway.

Edited by truepurple, 25 August 2013 - 07:18 PM.

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

ok i guess there was just some kind of confusion.

Readingfish

Readingfish

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

I recall seeing a post by Currygom where she explicitly said that she didn't want her blog posts copied & re-posted elsewhere.  (Actually, now that I look at it, her warnings are at the top of every information post.)  A word-for-word fan translation would be akin to a copy-paste re-post, and against the author's wishes.

Also, it's only natural that the information is in bits and pieces on the forums, because the information is released incrementally in bits and pieces.  For instance, Yuta's character bio used to be "Garuda clan + ??? Clan", but it was updated roughly around chapter 90s of the first season to say "Garuda clan + Taraka clan".

Obviously, not everyone has (or rather, most people don't have) the time or the inclination to sift through hundreds of pages on the forums. But this also means that most people don't have the time to create detailed, organized, accurate, and easily understandable posts after sifting through said pages.  It's pretty normal if there isn't anyone who can do this.   If someone does partake in such a monumental task for no personal benefit except for their own satisfaction

Edited by Readingfish, 25 August 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Fembot

Fembot

Global Moderator

• The Company
  • 1,048 posts

As everyone here has already mentioned, the page/information you are most likely looking for is in the 'Guide to the World of Kubera' thread (linked in above posts). All of the information The Company started to translate and accumulate is there. Yes, it is incomplete--and it will remain that way due to the fact that currygom does not want her blog posts re-posted/translated, as mentioned by Readingfish, and we want to abide by her request.

That aside, there are plenty of other resources and information around this forum. You shouldn't brush them to the side simply because they aren't a "literal" translation of the original information. I can tell you right now that translations typically don't work that way--nor should they--for them to be coherent and understandable in the language of the target audience. I can also tell you that the information you seek in the 'Guide to the World of Kubera' is also not a literal, word-for-word translation, so if you're adamant on that account, I'm sorry to say that you're out of luck. :P

The only bit of information that I can add that hasn't been mentioned here yet are the blog post translations on Sagara's 5-Rakshasa followers added to the end of S1, Ch67 here (completed before we knew about currygom not wanting her blog translated).

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Anyone got a idea why currygom would not want anyone to translate her blog posts? Why would anyone not want that?

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Anyone got a idea why currygom would not want anyone to translate her blog posts? Why would anyone not want that?

Well, to I could tell you the truth, but I don't think most of fans would like it...

Spoiler

Edited by Random-Webtoon-Fan, 26 August 2013 - 03:33 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

It's not that she doesn't want people to translate her stuff. It's that she doesn't want people to be posting her blog stuff outside her blog, and that includes translations of them. Currygom considers that the stuff on her blog are things she privately shares from her blog.

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that she's a bit shy when it comes to her works. For example, with the newer book releases, she only mentioned them in comments, instead of making a big announcement at the end of some chapter (though it could be new Naver policies or something, I'm not sure). She's also never shared her photo, and stuff like that.

There's also extra content in the published books, but I consider that as something she specifically intended for the readers that bought the books, so it's something that shouldn't ever be shared online. If you want access to That content then, you're left with buying the books in Korean yourself and learning enough Korean to figure out the meaning.

Speaking of which, learning some Korean (at least basic korean grammar) and helping myself is exactly what -I- did. :\ I was actually serious there. I know a whole community of non-Korean people who are fans of the Korean novel, the Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, and are actually painstakingly desciphering the 40+ volumes novel through various online translators (and it's a friggin' novel, not an illustrated webtoon). Just because You take insult in having to do the work yourself, it doesn't mean others aren't helping themselves.

Edited by Mizura, 26 August 2013 - 03:58 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

<shrugs> It happens.  Some authors treat blogs like private conversations with a group of friends and wish to keep it that way.  That's their prerogative. :) (It's why checking the copyright and creative commons perms at the bottom or top of things is always a good idea, as they can change depending on which page you're on, even if a single person is behind the whole site.) ;)

Creative control: it's a thing. :)

And, truepurple, please watch your attitude in future, mate.  Just a touch belligerent there, for a bit, you were. -_- Neither Currygom, tC <nods at Fembot> nor Mizura owe you a single thing. <_< If a translation doesn't happen, it doesn't happen: you can deal as it's not a deliberate insult or anything. :)

Edited by Euodiachloris, 28 August 2013 - 06:55 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.