Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Currygom blog entries: Races and Cities

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Edit: I won't be doing any more of these blog posts, because apparently even partial information isn't supposed to be posted outside of Currygom's blog. I thought summarized interpretations of Google translate jargon would be alright, but since then I've learned that all information is tightly controlled even on the Korean side of fandom. So yeah. :( I'll leave these up for now, until I get explicit requests for them to be taken down.

I take no responsibilities for any mistakes resulting from my interpretation of Google translations. Meh. On the other hand, corrections are super welcome!

----------------
Races
----------------

Races overview

Spoiler

Humans
Spoiler

Gods
Spoiler

----------------
Cities
----------------

Atera
Spoiler

Rindhallow
Spoiler

Mistyshore
Spoiler

Kalibloom
Spoiler

(there's also a post on Willarv's moon, which basically states "the appearance of the moon differs depending on latitude and on the time of the month, so because it's so complicated to calculate she ends up not drawing it at all" lol. Perfectly understandable.)

Edited by Mizura, 18 March 2014 - 01:33 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

YellowKingValley

YellowKingValley

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
Gandharva can cross checkpoint because physically he seemed human. Fish eye similar to human eye eh.

Kinnara perhaps Gandharva vegan?

Ah! 1% more for me to live twice as long! How unlucky.

Kreiri

Kreiri

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 254 posts
Gandharva eats anything except seafood.

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
Thanks for the translation. But what? The at least 167 - 168 high Ian is "considerably shorter" than the average woman of Willarv ... but according to this, she is maybe even above average? Translation errors? Or simple retcon? Or is it because she is a quarter and they have a different average listed down than Purebloods? Or did the average change over time and woman got shorter? Or an error by the author? Or other reasons for that?

Edited by Akasha, 15 November 2012 - 06:13 PM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

To recover vigor to use transcendental skills, they need to eat meat.

Kubera! Proudly presented by the International Pork, Beef and Poultry Association! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some small extra income on the side Currygom? <_< :lol:
I could not be a Half, I usually recover my vigor with cola and Starbucks :( :D
Mhmmm, caramel mocha latte...

Posted Image
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Lots of interesting stuff, thanks Mizura!!

I could not be a Half, I usually recover my vigor with cola and Starbucks :( :D
Mhmmm, caramel mocha latte...

Spoiler

mmmmmm, caramel mocha..........gooood (drool)

Tn7HA0h.png

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Given how deeply Currygom appears to think things out, I'm a little disappointed she didn't base it all on genetics.

Gandharva can cross checkpoint because physically he seemed human. Fish eye similar to human eye eh.

I thought Gandharva took out his weird eye the very first time he suck into Atera? (I don't have the patience to go look that up right now. ;) )

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
Do a half with %99 sura blood and a half with &50 sura blood have the same lifespan?
Or the lifespan of a half with%50 sura blood is twice as much of the lifespan of a quarter with %49? It just doesn't make sense for me.

Edited by Gizmos, 16 November 2012 - 11:38 AM.

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

Given how deeply Currygom appears to think things out, I'm a little disappointed she didn't base it all on genetics.

If you have supernatural powersources, genetics are going to mess things up ... and since Sura are basically mythological creatures, mixing that stuff up with good old (and %-chance based) genetics is going to be troublesome and headache heavy for those who actually research that stuff.

^Guess certain %-values are needed to specific stages of change to actually happen and everything between those values don´t have an as significant effect as being above/below those values. It´s supernatural so one could argue with stuff like "purity of linage" and whatever was used as reference.

Edited by Akasha, 16 November 2012 - 12:37 PM.

YellowKingValley

YellowKingValley

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
Human breeding with Sura doesn't make sense in the first place...

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

Human breeding with Sura doesn't make sense in the first place...

Well ... "it´s magic."

But there might actually be a reason why breeding between Sura and human is possible that we don´t know yet.

Edited by Akasha, 16 November 2012 - 01:11 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Eh, when genetics are involved there's a big risk the author would half-ass it. In the case of Kubera, I'm actually satisfied that the likely explanations behind everything is coherent.

i.e., that's how the Primeval Gods made it. I can see it already, how the rules were probably determined:
Visnu: ... and so, I asked Brahma to devise a set of rules.
Brahma: Yeah, yeah. So it's like this: if the proportion of Sura blood is 50% of above, then blablabla, and if it's between 25% and strictly below 50%, blablablabla. Questions?

After all, that's how some other rules such as "Dragon Halfs above age 100 become equivalent to 5th stage Rakshasa" were devised. It's not genetics-based, it's rules-based. In the same way, the powers of the Nastika aren't purely genetics-based (otherwise their strength would be passed onto their children). I suspect that it has more to do with the Power of the Name.

But I still don't know how humans are supposed to fit into the grand scheme of things. I mean, after the Astika and the Nastika, why were the humans created? And how come they can breed with everything else? Brahma even made a rule specifically involving them and dragon-mating. D:

Edit: Oh bah I might as well just stuff all the stuff on races into the first post. I just added the intro post. I'm going to re-post the part on Gods in there once I look it over one more time. "Shrimps among whales" seems to be a commonly used expression... Huh, it seems the Gods Do have a reason they want to kill off Nastika after all. I wonder what it is?

Edited by Mizura, 16 November 2012 - 04:45 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Kreiri

Kreiri

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 254 posts

But I still don't know how humans are supposed to fit into the grand scheme of things. I mean, after the Astika and the Nastika, why were the humans created? And how come they can breed with everything else? Brahma even made a rule specifically involving them and dragon-mating. D:

I think you just answered your own question :) "What if we make a race which can breed with both Nastika and Astika?" <picture of xkcd black hat guy>

Edited by Kreiri, 19 November 2012 - 05:41 PM.

Volitan

Volitan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts
Imagine the xkcd guys creating a universe.... xD

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Too lazy to create a new thread, so I just added the Google Translations of the city informations here.
A few things to note:
- The fighting tournaments are held every 4 years. Teo was already runner-up in the N15 one, so it means the next one won't be held until N19. So, Leez won't be participating in a tournament this time, but she might still participate in the one in N19 if she comes back as an adult (that'd cause quite a stir!). That may be why we saw her adult silhouette at the Temple of Earth.
- There are friendly matches between the Kalibloom fighters and the Eloth magicians. I think that supports even more the possibility that Rao knows the #1 AA over at Eloth.
- Oh yeah, deserts with sandstorms between Kalibloom and Eloth, so if they're heading there next, they'll have to pass through a desert. It should be interesting to see. Actually, would that decrease the visibility so much that Asha can't teleport? Hmm.
- lol@Varuna's influence (non-stop rain in August in Atera, and -3- months of rainy season in Mistyshore).
- Funky skies everywhere.

Edited by Mizura, 28 February 2013 - 02:25 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Toullaty

Toullaty

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationArras, France

Mistyshore
Location/Terrain
A coastal city located at the tip of the Ananta continent, with Atera to the east, and the archipelagos at the tip of the Garuda continent to the west. The distance between islands are fairly large for teleportation, so one should be equipped for water travel. People usually travel by boat, but it is necessary to check the movements of the Gandharva sura in the sea first. No matter how strong the magician is, he'll have a difficult time if the boat gets smashed in the middle of the ocean...

I just notice but, Utpala really caused a lot of damage transforming the city into an island, to made a crater sufficient to do appear the sea, he was strong enough even in his human form.

Edited by Toullaty, 28 February 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Frozen Ice

Frozen Ice

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts
Thank you for the information, it was interesting reading about the city.

- lol@Varuna's influence (non-stop rain in August in Atera, and -3- months of rainy season in Mistyshore).

I was wondering why Atera would have a rainy period, after all, the other cities did not and Mistyshore have the Temple of Water. Maybe Agni annoyed Varuna somehow?
  • Ivy likes this

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
There's snow/rain in Rindhallow and rain in Kalibloom too, they just don't get mentioned as rainy seasons. lol, Agni annoying Varuna would be a funny thought, but I think it just has to do with rainy seasons in more or less tropical regions. Also, it nearly never rains in Atera (Agni's influence?), but since the trees need water after all I guess Varuna makes up for it in August. xD I wonder what's so bad in January though? .... did I miss a minus somewhere? .... no I didn't?

Hey, if the average monthly temperature in January is 12C, where the heck did the snow in Brilith's flashback come from? :S

Edited by Mizura, 01 March 2013 - 02:15 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts
information about Gods does not seem to be working.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Huh, seems to be a problem with bolded text. Fixed.

3492bk6.jpg