Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 2 discussion raws

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20562 replies to this topic

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

The fact claude knows so much about stuff that are super secret to only a few people is so suspicious.

How does he know all this?

Also why has noone given yuta a pad and a pen to right on?

Edited by LazyEmpress, 15 April 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Locomoto

Locomoto

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGalaxy Station - Pluto

So you can actually evade Death by not letting Yama know? Whoa sounds like that three brothers story from Harry Potter. The youngest of the three evaded death through the use of Invincible Cloak. Except, Teo's dead but encased in ice.

How come Claude know that much? Creepy. Oh Leez, looks like you're getting aware of how sexy your body is to Yuta :3

Castle Code: 06150-10443-85193-92784

Completed Conquest and Birthright <3

Currently grinding in Hard/Casual (because grinding in Lunatic is madness)

logo-fef-revelation.png

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Claude is No. 2 Magician on the planet, higher then even Asha. So him knowing such stuff is not that surprising imo.

If anyone is curious by the random ad,

It is saying 'If you meet a monster, don't panic and touch them with tour powerful finger!!' And Yuta applauding Leez.

Some mobile game ad, I guess.

Sundance

Sundance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

Am I the only one who doesn't find Claude creepy? I actually kind of like him. Kubera is a universe filled with secrets, and people who know or do things they shouldn't be able to. Like literally every major character so far has/is hiding something. That is kinda why I don't find it crazy weird that Claude knows about some of the shit that is going down. Sure, it is a little piquing that he seems to know SO much about what is going on but I think that it is kinda natural considering that he meant for himself to be there in the thick of things. Or rather, it is no coincidence that Claude just so happen to be there when things got weird.  From what we've seen of him it seems that he has a fair idea of what is happening, or what might happen, and has placed himself there for whatever reason. In that regard, he is pretty much like every other character in Kubera (meaning those with secret agendas that we know next to nothing about yet.)

While everyone is going around and doing their own sneaky things, Claude just kinda waltz in and goes, "Yeah, that thing you are planning? Here is how it is going to work out for you. You should probably reconsider."  

And he seems surprisingly....harmless? cute? nice? for someone who was born to do Death magic. But really, this is Kubera and Currygom has a knack for making me want to hug people who normally would set off my danger alarm (torture and blood-loving adorable Yuta. Insane daughter-complex Gandal. Cause of most of the bad stuff that has happened so far Alexander. Emotional dead and aggressive Kasak. etc etc) so maybe I should actually take that thought with a grain of salt OTL

The whole thing about him casting Hoti Yama on Leez is not the best way to broadcast his good side o.o;;, but I don't think he ever actually meant to hurt Leez. It was aimed at getting to Asha. Shitty, I know, but I don't seem him as a bad guy yet. He has his reasons for doing things the way he has done them and until we know what they are I don't want to view him in too negative of a light. I could be wrong but to me it seems like he is someone who doesn't want to waste a life, which is kinda of makes sense and is really interesting, being that he is The Priest of Death. 

Edited by Sundance, 15 April 2014 - 09:37 AM.

kurzon

kurzon

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 91 posts

I don't think you can call Claude unsneaky when he blatantly arranged for Kubera's godly items to be unprotected so they could be stolen.

And now he clearly doesn't want Teo to be revived.

Claude has a massive agenda.

I think Asha must be contemplating reviving Teo because she knows that Teo has an important role as Leez's mentor (I don't think she considers Ran that great a mentor, no matter how much he may or may not understand Leez).  And spreading knowledge of her ability to use Visnu's spells is less important if Asha is very close to where she thinks she'll die.

serengeti

serengeti

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

@Sundance I've always liked Claude too [whatever he may turn out to be in the end].

QueenOfRandomness

QueenOfRandomness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWonderland

I think the reason Claude makes a lot of people nervous is because we don't really get what his deal is. For Asha, it's revenge, for Yuta, it was to find his brother and sister, Maruna, the same, Gandharva, his daughter, Sagara, revenge, (I think? It's been awhile since I've reread this.) and Agni seems to be trying to stay out of this whole thing and keep his priestess safe.  Claude, Visnu, Kali, and God Kubera are the only ones we've seen that we don't at least partially understand their motives, and that makes them kind of unsettling. 

Edited by QueenOfRandomness, 15 April 2014 - 06:58 PM.

Insanitarium

Insanitarium

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

I think it is supposed to be within Claude's nature (or the gods who are capable of insight) to NOT directly alter or interfere with the future of humans... or at the very least, the future and death of significant humans (although Agni brought his Priestess back from hell who might just die anytime anyway, I mean, wasn't he warned ahead about this?). That aside, Agni and Kubera mostly have had conversations with Leez but it would seem that Kubera's insight on Leez (or her personality) changes when they spend alot of time together. And now I suddenly ask myself if... perhaps Leez is also playing dumb with kubera, pretending she didn't know he was a God? And has a secret trancendental of changing her future? xD

Back to Claude.... Action and Reaction. Cause and Effect. For every death that is averted, someone else has to die. Isn't that kind of typical? In this case, those stupborn mages who didn't flee and got roasted are included... lol. I'd like to believe Claude is trying to help prolong the life of Leez and minimize the number of casualties and possible deaths (including the Earth priest), but of course there will always be consequences. He might have seen the world if Leez died too soon. It might have been another Cataclysm.

And on a very farfetched note... He's probably rooting for Leez and the power of the name. If the PotN was attached to future Leez, then all the power-hungry critters would chase after her to gain power, instead of wrecking havoc in the human realms or cities... and would make sense if future Leeze became all distant when the time she realizes all the deaths around her was because of (suras chasing) her and her own responsibility for keeping and protecting her name. Just another case of someone being the scapegoat and sacrifice for peace and order.

Sundance

Sundance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

I don't think you can call Claude unsneaky when he blatantly arranged for Kubera's godly items to be unprotected so they could be stolen.

And now he clearly doesn't want Teo to be revived.

Claude has a massive agenda.

I think Asha must be contemplating reviving Teo because she knows that Teo has an important role as Leez's mentor (I don't think she considers Ran that great a mentor, no matter how much he may or may not understand Leez).  And spreading knowledge of her ability to use Visnu's spells is less important if Asha is very close to where she thinks she'll die.

I didn't mean to imply that Claude is being unsneaky. He does clearly have an agenda, and as @QueenOfRandomness pointed out it is one we don't know the motive of. I just meant to say that I don't find him creep because of it. I think I admire him because he seems to know what the deal is with some of the members of the story (Yuta's indecisiveness, Asha's....whatever?) and he goes around pointing out the blindspots in what they are doing (People Yuta cares about dying if he doesn't make a move, Asha's cards dying/the whole planet knowing one of her major secrets and he makes it seem like there will be significant fallout because of it). 

As for Teo....I don't think it is so much that he doesn't want Teo in particular to be revived, rather that he doesn't want Asha to use Hoti Visnu. We know it is a shaky spell to use in the first place, and that it has been kept secret for a reason so far. Maybe Claude has a reason to believe that the negatives of the spell being used and revealed outweigh the positives of it reviving someone. 

I think the reason Claude makes a lot of people nervous is because we don't really get what his deal is. For Asha, it's revenge, for Yuta, it was to find his brother and sister, Maruna, the same, Gandharva, his daughter, Sagara, revenge, (I think? It's been awhile since I've reread this.) and Agni seems to be trying to stay out of this whole thing and keep his priestess safe.  Claude, Visnu, Kali, and God Kubera are the only ones we've seen that we don't at least partially understand their motives, and that makes them kind of unsettling. 

I very much agree with this. We've had the fortune of some partial backgrounds on a majority of the characters, at least enough to gleam what their motives might be, but we haven't had that for Claude. From the perspective of the characters, and us the readers, he is an unsettling power player who seems to know way more than he should and is not really making an effort to hide the fact that he is in the loop and making some background calls. I think that if we got some back story on him maybe we wouldn't be so quick to be unnerved by him. As far as I can tell with his short amount of screen time and my limited information, I am wagering that he is attempting to avoid having massive amounts of people die or something. 

Example:

Spoiler

I'm not sure about Asha reviving Teo to be Leez's mentor. After all, it was God Kubera who told Leez to have Teo as her mentor and all that Leez mentioned to Asha and Ran was that she'd like to see her as someone told her that she was a lot like Teo.  Maybe Asha pieced it together that God Kubera means for Leez to be tutored by Teo...but why would she do something that God Kubera wants? She probably knows that he has been secretly seeing Leez, and so far all she has done publicly is stayed silent and turned a blind eye to his interfering. So I am wondering if she would do something that he...approves of? Plus she has been showing a lot of animosity towards Leez recently. 

I hope Teo is revived, and maybe Asha will be the one to do it, but I am not 100% sure it will be because she wants Teo to help Leez.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

I think it is supposed to be within Claude's nature (or the gods who are capable of insight) to NOT directly alter or interfere with the future of humans... or at the very least, the future and death of significant humans (although Agni brought his Priestess back from hell who might just die anytime anyway, I mean, wasn't he warned ahead about this?). That aside, Agni and Kubera mostly have had conversations with Leez but it would seem that Kubera's insight on Leez (or her personality) changes when they spend alot of time together. And now I suddenly ask myself if... perhaps Leez is also playing dumb with kubera, pretending she didn't know he was a God? And has a secret trancendental of changing her future? xD

Back to Claude.... Action and Reaction. Cause and Effect. For every death that is averted, someone else has to die. Isn't that kind of typical? In this case, those stupborn mages who didn't flee and got roasted are included... lol. I'd like to believe Claude is trying to help prolong the life of Leez and minimize the number of casualties and possible deaths (including the Earth priest), but of course there will always be consequences. He might have seen the world if Leez died too soon. It might have been another Cataclysm.

And on a very farfetched note... He's probably rooting for Leez and the power of the name. If the PotN was attached to future Leez, then all the power-hungry critters would chase after her to gain power, instead of wrecking havoc in the human realms or cities... and would make sense if future Leeze became all distant when the time she realizes all the deaths around her was because of (suras chasing) her and her own responsibility for keeping and protecting her name. Just another case of someone being the scapegoat and sacrifice for peace and order.

Claude has some type of insight , and the Whole bit with his cards is like  a stage magician using  miss direction to prevent it from becoming to widely known , he can see diversions in the (important word) TIME line and did what was needed  to prevent Asha ,Siera Sies and Leez from an early demise

Spoiler

Edited by battradio, 16 April 2014 - 09:54 AM.

Gandharva

Gandharva

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSome where with ice ummm lets say canada

just a question or two.

1) chaos eyes and Nastika transformation, the view i got on this was that the eyes stopped the transformation, but if it was already in sura form it wouldn't revert them back to human form but actually stop them from transforming back in to human form. this just the way i saw it after reading the manhwa, i do see that it would be slitely wierd as you could run away and transform but remember Nastika are generally massive and from what agni said size might = how much power the Nastika put in to the transformation, so if they ran and transformed taking bigger size chaos eyes would be able to see so that would also stop it as it was still in the act of transforming, this might also explain why Yuta ( just putting it in here love yuta just as much as Gandharva.) was hiding as he couldn't revert Gandharva as he didn't see the transformation so he couldn't do anything about it. (dont know if currybear said that it reverts them even after transformation in blog so tell me if wrong) 

2) if what i say is how it is it might make sence that the ice is apart of Gandharva's sura form as we saw before he is made of ice in sura form or wraps it around himself (i think the second is correct simply because its cooler) if so this would explain why melting the ice don't work, as its his ice armor that he uses to fight or whatever, maybe to look pretty after all his name is Gandharva :D (that wasn't really a question:/)

3) next is am i the only one on this blog that doesn't like Teo very much O.O i mean in my eyes her best feature is that Gandharva likes her (even at the cost of his own badassery, i mean dont get me wrong i love Gandharva no matter what but from what i can tell LOVE SCREWS HIM UP!!!! O.O 

4) people said it would be good if Yuta had to eat things alive because if he didnt they wouldnt count as food or somthing, i completely disagree i find it awesome that he has such a sadistic fetish. <<<------ just putting it out there :P

Thank you for your time

i am a mighty oak that defies all

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Please use QnA thread for questions ^^

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/17378-new-reader-faq-qna/?p=1209274

Techmaga

Techmaga

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Actually, if you read his post, there were no questions in the first place lol.

Insanitarium

Insanitarium

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

I always thought his Sura form was his real form and his human form is just a typical shapeshifting skill of a higher Sura.

But that mini form... well... after taking a closer look at the chapters... was an icy version. I thought that was the transcendental form.

He can't possibly be made of ice in his real sura form, right? I mean, he ate a huge gigantic star. He would have melted.

---

And on a paranoid note, I kinda feel that Claude's hat suddenly plays a role on Kubera's items. xD

I am probably overthinking that.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
On S1 chap 99 we can see Visunu 'creating' Shuriin her human form, K think their human forms are the 'original form' whoch makes sense with the more closer to nastika, the more human looking Sua can be.

Gandharva

Gandharva

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

On S1 chap 99 we can see Visunu 'creating' Shuriin her human form, K think their human forms are the 'original form' whoch makes sense with the more closer to nastika, the more human looking Sua can be.

doesnt it work the other way as well the fact that as you get futher away from nastika you lose the ability to hide in human form and must take on your sura form. thats how i saw it. the futher away from nastika you are means that you lose power on the sura power scale hence not powerful enough to hide sura form like nastika and rashaka do.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

doesnt it work the other way as well the fact that as you get futher away from nastika you lose the ability to hide in human form and must take on your sura form. thats how i saw it. the futher away from nastika you are means that you lose power on the sura power scale hence not powerful enough to hide sura form like nastika and rashaka do.

Hmm, perhaps some more info would be needed to confirm.

Insanitarium

Insanitarium

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

I've thought that the more capable a sura was with 'humanizing' himself (human form and human speech capacity), then naturally, the higher their status would be. That doesn't necessarily have to be the gauge or extent of their power though if you now consider Yuta.

Suras have a rank heirarchy / status and within that, they have stages of growth wherein when they reach a certain stage, they can shapeshift to sura/human-form.

The higher suras though would be born in a human form (wiki?). The upani have to reach a stage where they can shift to human form. It would be just odd to produce in sura form... then again we have not seen the contents of the book Kasak gave to Leez to confirm the procedures XD.

That considered, the debate of which-form-is-the-real-form? would start again. Rakshasa are born in human form while upani have to develop to learn human-morph skill.

So perhaps the human form is merely a shell and not their real form? Human form makes them weaker, isn't it? It wouldn't gauge their real power. So true/real power = sura form = real form?

An egg is not the real form of a chick and a chick is just a younger form of a chicken and chicken lay eggs for convenience purposes. I seriously wouldn't go into the details of a chicken laying an egg and a chicken giving birth to a chick. Disclaimer: merely my random thought and do not display the actual thoughts and purpose of Currygom.... and now I just started wondering how the red chicken was born. It would be odd if some feathers were left inside its mum. If it was human birth, foreign objects that are not removed = risk of infection. What about Garuda halves? Do human mom lay eggs? Or do the halves come out without those fluffy baby feathers?

Edited by Insanitarium, 18 April 2014 - 10:32 AM.

Gandharva

Gandharva

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

I've thought that the more capable a sura was with 'humanizing' himself (human form and human speech capacity), then naturally, the higher their status would be. That doesn't necessarily have to be the gauge or extent of their power though if you now consider Yuta.

Suras have a rank heirarchy / status and within that, they have stages of growth wherein when they reach a certain stage, they can shapeshift to sura/human-form.

The higher suras though would be born in a human form (wiki?). The upani have to reach a stage where they can shift to human form. It would be just odd to produce in sura form... then again we have not seen the contents of the book Kasak gave to Leez to confirm the procedures XD.

That considered, the debate of which-form-is-the-real-form? would start again. Rakshaka are born in human form while upani have to develop to learn human-morph skill.

So perhaps the human form is merely a shell and not their real form? Human form makes them weaker, isn't it? It wouldn't gauge their real power. So true/real power = sura form = real form?

An egg is not the real form of a chick and a chick is just a younger form of a chicken and chicken lay eggs for convenience purposes. I seriously wouldn't go into the details of a chicken laying an egg and a chicken giving birth to a chick. Disclaimer: merely my random thought and do not display the actual thoughts and purpose of Currygom.... and now I just started wondering how the red chicken was born. It would be odd if some feathers were left inside its mum. If it was human birth, foreign objects that are not removed = risk of infection. What about Garuda halves? Do human mom lay eggs? Or do the halves come out without those fluffy baby feathers?

maybe i worded that badly, but what i meant was not that yuta is stronger than maruna because he looks more human...............but he totally is stronger. but meant that the levels such as nastika are strongest then rakshaka are stronger than upani and so on, hope thats a better way of saying it so my point was that they need a certain amount of power to take on their human forms this is also why upani, cant take human form as soon as they are born as they are too weak to do so. that was the impression i got. :blink:

Insanitarium

Insanitarium

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

Errr... I wasn't exactly singling out your post though xD. I just put Yuta as a random example. There are afterall special exemptions to power level like the dragon halves.

And I wasn't really talking about how more human-looking a sura is compared to another sura (more like the human characteristics between sura types).

And who knows... if red chicken can turn himself into full human version (he kinda overlooks humans; even just the gloves Gandy gave him; and Yuta hides his wings and can make them reappear), he probably would look hotter than Yuta. He is much more muscular too. xD