Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 2 discussion raws

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20562 replies to this topic

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

the ice is neither magic nor transcendental..then wats dat made up of?

...Ask Gandharva? <shrugs> He used something on it, though.  All that water syphoning of his may have been manipulated into... this.  By using a mix of techniques. :mellow:

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

tysoncs

tysoncs

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

in chap 93-taraka said yuta doesnt need to close his eyes in front of a god..It meant that he is invulnerable to insight.. but in the rift arc god kubera read his thoughts..does that mean yuta can only allow his thoughts to be read to the person he intends to?

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

in chap 93-taraka said yuta doesnt need to close his eyes in front of a god..It meant that he is invulnerable to insight.. but in the rift arc god kubera read his thoughts..does that mean yuta can only allow his thoughts to be read to the person he intends to?

Alexander (aka God!Kubera) could get the surface, sure... but, not whatever Yuta was actively screening, no.  Unknown if Yuta can manipulate levels of available thoughts/ feelings/ images for individual readers, though. :mellow: Myself, I doubt it.  But, without much evidence. -_-

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

The conversation reminds me of the first few chapters of Kubera when Leez meets Ghandarva. She asks him if he's a magician and he says that he doesn't need magic. So I guess it's some sort of natural super power like an X-Men. Ghandarava just freezes ladies all over the place.

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

Yuzuru

Yuzuru

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Propably an original skill of Gandharva... those are classified as something neither magic nor transcendental, I think

tysoncs

tysoncs

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

1-42_Shiva_and_Kali.jpg

is kali sitting on a beast of vitrita clan here?

Propably an original skill of Gandharva... those are classified as something neither magic nor transcendental, I think

original skill u mean a skill related to resurrection attribute?

Edited by tysoncs, 14 April 2014 - 05:12 PM.

cloudseth

cloudseth

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

it's part of his body maybe?

Arkeus

Arkeus

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

it's part of his body maybe?

Would make sense.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Thanks for the summary Mizura!!

Hmmm........so, nothing's been resolved then, eh? Oh well, I guess time will tell, dead/alive/frozen, I suppose we'll know eventually. >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Yuzuru

Yuzuru

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

original skill u mean a skill related to resurrection attribute?

it isn't a resurrection skill but rather a skill that holds off death...

and about the original skills, I took that term from the wiki, but it isn't all that clear, if it really is different from a transcendental. Let's wait and see^^

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts

Bhavati Visnu- Freezes time :P

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Ghandharva's awesomeness

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

QueenOfRandomness

QueenOfRandomness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Yay! Teo has a chance!

Also...five layers  :lol:

Ria Arekushisu

Ria Arekushisu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationThat place over there....

I wonder did Leez cover up to become less appetizing appealing to Yuta. :batoto_021:

I also think that overly happy scene (a chapter or two ago) symbolizes her closeness to breaking and become the sad woman we see. 

I kinda think the ice Teo is in is like dry ice but isn't affected by heat (unless it's babo kim Agni)... Maybe an original move(lol) made by Gandi.

Sogno-

Sogno-

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 469 posts

thanks Mizura!

well more nitty gritty about Kubera; more stuff i can't follow or understand. lol.  Least there's other things in this webtoon small brains like mine can follow haha.

though tbh i'm really getting tired of this "name" crap. Apparently it's supposed to be important, but considering it's still shrouded in mystery by this point makes me think it really isn't all that important. And even if it reveals itself to be of consequence, by then I'm really not going to care what it means. 

meanwhile... go Leez! Protect yourself from your yandere lover! 

i read a male yandere oneshot yesterday and it was freaky as heck  :mellow:

lol roll lol

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

The ice can be made by magicians too, that´s how I understand it.

Before the cataclysm, they would freeze a person with remaining lifespan and then wait for a person who can cast the ressurrection spell.

During/after the cataclysm, Visnu vanished, so noone bothered learning the freeze-spell.. probably.

Why.. why does Claude know so much. He creeps me out.

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

Gandharva used Frozen Tears against Agni, a transcendental which Sagara thought was sealed by Taraka. He was also able to surafy in the human realm (why?). The ice must be some kind of transcendental which can't be sealed even by Taraka clan.

Asha can still sneak out at night and use Hoti Visnu on Teo when no one notice, if she really wants to. The problem is: Is she willing to use a spell that eats up her own existence to save someone she is not very close to? (they know each other, judging by their conversation in chapter 30. Do they know each other well enough though? I don't remember any other occurence where they converse?)

Edited by smtmissin, 14 April 2014 - 07:35 PM.

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged
Claude, however, tells her not to. He knows what she's thinking. If she uses that spell here, everyone on the planet will know of the existence of that spell. She should think rationally as to whether making the spell known will bring them any problems, when the God only allowed her to use it. Teo isn't anyone important to her at least. In exchange for whom (not sure about this part) is she going to live on? Asha doesn't respond.

I think Claude is saying: if Asha uses the spell, Asha will have to explain why she knows the spell and why only she can use it. How is Asha going to give a coherent answer to that? In addition, that girl ("Leez") who seems to be important to her, who can look after her ? ( I think Claude's hinting that Asha might need to save up that spell for Leez instead.)

Why.. why does Claude know so much. He creeps me out.

He's not been idling during the days he's "vacationing"...

By the way, does anyone have an idea what that ad at the bottom of today's raw say? 

Edited by Old Man River, 14 April 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Kreiri

Kreiri

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 254 posts

He was also able to surafy in the human realm (why?).

Heh, nice word.

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

Heh, nice word.

They use that word in wiki and somewhere in the webtoon, I think?