Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 2 discussion raws

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20562 replies to this topic

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

I knew it! As I said, Yuta's real name must have contained YUTA.

Edited by Marim, 06 January 2014 - 03:56 PM.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

wasn't it obvious?

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

ApostBlack

ApostBlack

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts

What I could make out of the conversation of Maruna and Yuta:

Yuta/Jatayu thinks that he can't make the choice he needs to (for growing up), i.e. choose between Maruna and Leez. Maruna confirms that it's his brother and invites him to go together to the Sura realm. There's no need to worry, there's someone there who can open a portal to it; he just needs to follow his orders, which are really easy, since it's just about killing (a) human/s. Yuta declines saying that this is no reason to kill humans, that they got seperated for a reason, the power of the Name and they should stay that way (although he was also looking for Maruna, but will be glad just to know he's alright). So he pleads to him no to kill any more humans. Maruna says that he wants to return to the happy days when they were together and urges him once more to come to the Sura realm with him, at which point a very sleepy, hardly able to stand on her legs Leez intervenes. She warns Yuta that it's not a half but a superior Sura and tells him to flee. Maruna is surprised: 'Yuta?'.

Edited by ApostBlack, 06 January 2014 - 04:05 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Damnit, don't stop there! Nuuh! T__T

Raws:

Spoiler

Summary:

Edit: Fixed thanks to Readingfish and Random-Webtoon-Fan. Go thank them! :D

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/13462-kubera-season-2-discussion-raws-chapter-51-emmity-forward/page-109#entry1042329

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/13462-kubera-season-2-discussion-raws-chapter-51-emmity-forward/page-110#entry1042558

Yuta knows that his decision will determine the outcome of his growth, but he can't bring himself to give up one of the two. He can't. 'Leez' is trembling all over, wondering why he showed up now. Suddenly, she reverts to her normal self, and is surprised that she had another blackout. Looking at the Sword of Re in her hand, she then wonders when she went to get it, then wonders why her vigor has been depleted.

Maruna lands in front of Yuta, and asks him if he's Jatayu. Yuta smiles and confirms to his Hyung-nim (big brother) that he's Jatayu. He's still only 2nd stage so he probably didn't change much from before. However, Hyung-nim grew to 4th-stage since! Awesome! Looking in Leez' direction, Yuta then suggests leaving that place as soon as possible, since they might get noticed by humans and get bothered by needless fights. Hyung-nim shouldn't go to the level of dealing with humans, so he should just leave that girl alone. Looking at Yuta though, Maruna thinks back on people talking: "... is not it. One of the other two." "Jatayu? Kalavinka? Do you really think that those are their real names?" "Don't trust ... You are being deceived." "...is Garuda's only son right now." "A single failure, and there will no longer be..." Maruna clenches his fists.

Yuta calls Maruna. Maruna then asks him to come to the Sura realm. He explains that Father succumbed right after the Cataclysm. He isn't dead, but he's in a very bad condition. Yuta notes that he had no idea. Maruna smiles and (omg he Can smile) says it's fine. They have someone to open a path to the Sura realm. Maruna is helping him now. They should look for Kalavinka then all go to the Sura realm together. Yuta looks surprised, then asks if perhaps, the help involves... Maruna says that it isn't a big deal. They just have to follow instructions and kill some humans. Yuta is shocked. Looking sideways, Maruna continues that it's been a very easy task, because everyone died in one shot from his transcendentals. Although that human was lucky and escaped alive, he can kill her now so... the shocked Yuta clutches his chest, asking him why, and saying that they did not have to do such things to meet again. Confused, Maruna asks what he means. In order to meet up, so what if a few humans die? They'll look for Kalavinka, then return to the nest. Jatayu shouldn't think of anything else. Still clutching his chest, Yuta notes that their reunion should not be a priority. Otherwise, why did they have to break up? Because of the Power of the Name, it would have been dangerous for them to be together, so they were separated. But if they got back together on purpose... no, it wasn't right. Yuta thinks of their goodbye scene. Maruna doesn't respond. Yuta continues that he was also looking for Hyung-nim, and it was nice to meet him, but he thinks they shouldn't act like this. They certainly shouldn't get back together with Kalavinka (?). They should only greet one another occasionally, not bother getting back together. So, Hyung-nim should stop killing humans. However, Maruna tells him, let's go back. Smiling, he says he wants to go back to the happy days from before (holy cow he really Does know how to smile, doesn't he get cramps from never smiling?).

At that moment Leez tells Yuta to stand back. He shouldn't approach carelessly. That person isn't a Half, but a Superior Sura. She stands protectively in front of him, then thinks to herself that she's so sleepy that it's hard to stand. How did she become like this? She tells Yuta to run away quickly, leaving Yuta speechless (well, moreso than usual). Maruna is just confused by the fact she called him 'Yuta'.

Outside of Kalibloom, a person asks the representative-nim about the purpose of the heavy-looking cloak. Lutz explains that his brother sent it to him to have it modified. The girl replies that she envies the representative-nim's brother, since he can get items modified directly by the Priest of Creation. A man notes that there's trouble. From there on, they shouldn't be able to see the stars because of the influence of the Chaos barrier. Since the stars are visible, there must be a problem with the barrier. The girl notes that they'd better hurry then. If the barrier of Chaos is broken anyway, should they teleport again? The man doesn't want to risk it, since the Chaos barrier interferes with calculations, so they may die, so... the girl still objects that they shouldn't be walking if there's a problem with the city. Since the calculations are complex, they could first experiment with a relatively safe spell... Hearing that, Lutz asks to borrow the girl's staff for a while. The girl is surprised, since it's just going to fall apart, but Lutz says it's fine, since he isn't going to fight with it. He casts Hoti Indra Bhavati Brahma, then notes that there are no problems with the calculations. The barrier of Chaos is completely broken. The others watch, surprised, as the staff changes (into a much cooler xD) shape. The girl starts stuttering, and Lutz asks her if he should change it back if she doesn't like it, which she quickly denies. Lutz then says they should head straight for the Temple. At that point, someone shouts to look at the sky. Lutz looks up, and is surprised to see Kasak (about time! He seems to be alone, drats).

---
D'aww, Leez wanted to protect Yuta to let him escape. :( Yuta didn't have the courage to just tell Maruna that Leez is his friend and that he should leave her alone. Bleah. >_>

So, um, what do we call Yuta from now on? Just Yuta? Jatayu? Jatayuta? Jatayutaja? Man, I'm so used to Yuta, or maybe I just like it more because it's shorter to type. Worst is, if I got that part right, this may Also be a fake name. >_>;

Oh by the way, Maruna did say he had to kill "humans" in plural (the 들 after 인간 is used for plural). It seems to further support the theory that perhaps, there are multiple targets.

RWF, when you have time, please look over Maruna's little bits of sentences again. ;_; It seems to imply that there's something going on with at least one of the siblings, which probably ties in to what Ravana mentioned to Vinata at the end of the finite (about one of the children being the "real" deal or something like that).

Edited by Mizura, 07 January 2014 - 02:30 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly
Man I'm really starting to dislike Yuta, he's such a coward ! I still hate his brother.......

Poor Leez, I hope she becomes happy somehow

Toullaty

Toullaty

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationArras, France

The Fake!Leez seem know a little on Yuta (or he can see through Leez) if he knew that it was possible that he shows.

Man I'm really starting to dislike Yuta, he's such a coward ! I still hate his brother.......

Why ? Because he doesn't want fight Leez or his brother and that his choice will mark his life.

It is still an improvement, there is some chapters, to avoid choosing, he avoided both while there, he tried to concile the two together..

Edited by Toullaty, 06 January 2014 - 04:32 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
@Nyanmaru Kamen: Don't forget, Yuta's choice here will determine his entire future, including his future form. I'm miffed that he didn't openly tell his brother that Leez is his friend, but I suspect that part of the reason is that he knows that more is going on (don't forget he also gathered some information from Taraka and from Asha, and he may have confirmed what's truly going on when Maruna told him that he was killing a bunch of humans).

Also, Yuta may be recognizing some prophecy unfolding now, perhaps the fact that things would go bad if the siblings meet up again? D: He probably didn't think of the consequences of meeting up with his siblings before, but by now he can probably tell that it really was a bad idea after all. This probably makes him really nervous, because saying the wrong thing may result in him losing Maruna or Leez, so for now, he just hopes to separate the two and stall for time.

Still, I didn't want things to end here, now I have to wait another week. Waaah! T__T

Edited by Mizura, 06 January 2014 - 04:36 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

I wonder why Fake Leez was so displeased with Yuta showing up? I don't think it's only because he interfered.

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw
Kasak up, so third form next chapter unless trolling.
Maruna is solid, he cares for his family and friends.
About Yuta indecisiveness, remember second form is equivalent to 10 years old or so. It's not an adult making a choice, it's a choice making him an adult/teen.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
@Marim: Maybe because she was actually close to killing Maruna (or at least injuring him) before Yuta undid the transcendental?

Edited by Mizura, 06 January 2014 - 04:40 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Just like how Tobi's real name was (O)bito, Yuta's real name is (Ja)tayu, Geniuses must think alike!

Looking at Yuta though, Maruna is thinking: ... is not. One of the other two. Jatayu? Kalavinka? Is that the real name (not sure about this part)? ... doesn't believe. He's been lied to. So the children of Garuda... as well. A single failure... there isn't. (broken sentences, no idea what they mean D: Help!) Maruna clenches his fists.

I borrowed your raws and did some Google manipulations:

"No... there are two others. Jatayu? Kalavinka? Are those real names? Please don't think like that... You have been lied to. You're the only son of Garuda. But in the case of a failure... no, this can't be."

I think Maruna thinks that his position as the eldest might have been led him to think that he would become king of the Garuda clan, but that might not be the case. And he is especially sensitive towards the fact that Jatayu seems to have a different name. 

Ah... power of the name, pitting brothers at war since time immemorial...

Edited by 동사서독, 06 January 2014 - 05:11 PM.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Just like how Tobi's real name was (O)bito, Yuta's real name is (Ja)tayu, Geniuses must think alike!

kishi just forgot the genius part...

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

@Nyanmaru Kamen: Don't forget, Yuta's choice here will determine his entire future, including his future form. I'm miffed that he didn't openly tell his brother that Leez is his friend, but I suspect that part of the reason is that he knows that more is going on (don't forget he also gathered some information from Taraka and from Asha, and he may have confirmed what's truly going on when Maruna told him that he was killing a bunch of humans).Also, Yuta may be recognizing some prophecy unfolding now, perhaps the fact that things would go bad if the siblings meet up again? D: He probably didn't think of the consequences of meeting up with his siblings before, but by now he can probably tell that it really was a bad idea after all. This probably makes him really nervous, because saying the wrong thing may result in him losing Maruna or Leez, so for now, he just hopes to separate the two and stall for time.Still, I didn't want things to end here, now I have to wait another week. Waaah! T__T

I get that it will determine his future, but I hate indecisive people, like first he was cowering in fear over Gandal. Then he acted like he wanted to be the one who kills Leez, then he can't decide who's team he's on. It's really annoying.

The Fake!Leez seem know a little on Yuta (or he can see through Leez) if he knew that it was possible that he shows.

Why ? Because he doesn't want fight Leez or his brother and that his choice will mark his life.
It is still an improvement, there is some chapters, to avoid choosing, he avoided both while there, he tried to concile the two together..

I never said he had to fight either, but he needs to pick a side and go with it. Not avoid a situation when it's get tough.

Edited by Nyanmaru Kamen, 06 January 2014 - 05:40 PM.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I get that it will determine his future, but I hate indecisive people, like first he was cowering in fear over Gandal. Then he acted like he wanted to be ex one who kills Leez, then he can't decode who's team he's on. It's really annoying.

Uh... he's been indecisive for all of a few hours. <_< In just one day.  Show me the equivalent of a human 10 or 11 year old that doesn't dither a bit about some important things, and I'll show you a liar. :P

For heaven's sake: it took me three days to settle on a new school at 12. <_<

Edited by Euodiachloris, 06 January 2014 - 05:34 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

Uh... he's been indecisive for all of a few hours. <_< In just one day. Show me the equivalent of a human 10 or 11 year old that doesn't dither a bit about some important things, and I'll show you a liar. :P

For heaven's sake: it took me three days to settle on a new school at 12. <_<

Lol did you settling at a new school have lives on the line ? I doubt it unless you went to kpa. (Kill people academy)

Bad comparison

And Yuta's mind is far above an 11 or 12 yo human

Edited by Nyanmaru Kamen, 06 January 2014 - 05:38 PM.

Kreiri

Kreiri

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 254 posts

Have you ever had to choose between lives of your family and your friends?

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

like first he was cowering in fear over Gandal.

So? surely he is not the first who cowers in fear before him. Nor the last. I can't wait for the day he will have back a purpose and his true power XD

this, it is already a lot that he didn't accept maruna offer

Kubera ITA

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

Hmmm, well there was this one time at band camp...........

How about you buddy ?

So? surely he is not the first who cowers in fear before him. Nor the last. I can't wait for the day he will have back a purpose and his true power XD

this, it is already a lot that he didn't accept maruna offer

It's nothing wrong with being afraid of someone stronger than you, it's only natural. But you can't then turn around and be like "you can't die by anyone else's hand but mine " to someone weaker than you

Edited by Nyanmaru Kamen, 06 January 2014 - 05:43 PM.

Tatiyanna

Tatiyanna

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

It would be less believable if Yuta went in there with the full intention of killing one of them, without first trying to come up with a more peaceful alternative, after all he cares for them both and doesn't want either of them to die, in such a situation he's made the right choice.

Edited by Tatiyanna, 06 January 2014 - 05:46 PM.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly
You guys seem to think I meant he should just kill one of them and get it over with. Maybe it's the way I typed it but that's not what I meant .

I meant that he should hurry up and make a choice because like Gandharva said, you can't have it all. So Yuta or whatever his name is needed to pick his side before he loses it all.