Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Ship571

Ship571

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA
Well Chapter 59 was short.

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim
15 pages? Well, I -am- disappointed. It doesn't always have to be over 40 pages, I'm happy if it's more than 20, but 15 (with credits) is just a little bit less than was expecting. Let's hope next month comes a better harvest ...

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

Nihonomaruh

Nihonomaruh

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
Why Akihisa-sensei? why is the chapter 59 too short? only 15 pages? geez i waited a month for R+V season 2 chapters... i kinda disapointed and didnt expected to be this short... but we know you had a reason but if u have read this i hope you can reply it... or some people out there know the reason kindly please tell it to us... oh well ill just wait another month for the next chapter... hope it would be great not short xD

will_of_fire_by_manga_wolf-d5qr0am_zps43

"My sin is my own existence."

Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Nec possum tecum vivere, nec sine te.
I can live neither with you, nor without you.

Nihil Sine Nefas
Nothing without a sin

Rachnee

Rachnee

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
Supposedly he/she is ill with something....but that rumor was from at least 3 to 4 months ago.

Edited by Astraea, 08 December 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Nihonomaruh

Nihonomaruh

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
i thought its a new chapter because of the shortened pages from the last chapter but its ok it made me laugh... xD

Nihil Sine Nefas
Nothing without a sin

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Yeah rock on Tsukune! Curbstomp her ass!

Before I thought Moka was gonna be like Goku and go SUperVamp 3 all up in there, but it looks like Tsukune's beaten her to it!
Can't let a woman fight a man's battle, even if that battle is against another woman! Wait what?-

Nihonomaruh

Nihonomaruh

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts

Yeah rock on Tsukune! Curbstomp her ass!

Before I thought Moka was gonna be like Goku and go SUperVamp 3 all up in there, but it looks like Tsukune's beaten her to it!
Can't let a woman fight a man's battle, even if that battle is against another woman! Wait what?-

yeah you're right he needs to act cool right now for Moka's sake... xD
ahahahaha...

Nihil Sine Nefas
Nothing without a sin

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
She's down! Quick, FINISH HER!!!

Also, I was expecting a lot more from Gyokuro's limiter release than just sharingan vaginas in her hands, but y'know, whatever. That's cool too I guess.

UPDATE 2/28/13: It's her final form!! Quick! Get the flamethrower!!

Edited by Coca, 28 February 2013 - 11:06 PM.

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Something KEEPS telling me that Moka's mum is going to show up at some point (not in a flashback)

But what I am really wondering is: 

Can't the humans down there see that huge fortress? Judging by how it looks I'd say it has a diameter of one or two kilometers

Yes, yes, the barrier, but I don't see any point in that since that bitch doesn't actually plan on hiding that hunk of junk any longer

Even if humanity saw that thing floating abouve some random huge town- what can they do? It's not like they can simply shoot it down, something THAT large falling down WILL cause major earthquakes

And Alucard?

He's dead meat if humanity discovers him^^

Sure, he'll do a LOT of damage, but even he'll die if he gets nuked (more than once in his case)

In case you don't know, Humanity DOES have the technology to kill him with one hit (I am talking about the weaponry we have in REAL LIFE), Russia made the "Tsar bomba" a few decades ago and that one was actually a scale-down version of the real deal (Russia didn't add an outer layer of uranium), so it "only" had 50 Megatons, it would have had 100!! Megaton yield otherwise

(In case you don't know, the Nuke that wrecked Hiroshima back in WW2 "only" had 16 kilotons, meaning the "Tsar bomba" was 3125 times more powerful than the one of Hiroshima)

100 Megatons...

Enough to remove Alucard from existance (and irradiate pretty much all of japan in the process^^) no matter how good he can regenerate.

That heat is several times the heat in the Core!! of the sun--> complete obliberation of Alucard (and his surroundings)

If Alucard ever attacked humanity now, after some "probing" with conventional weaponry humanity will eventually simply nuke him (we still have plenty nukes left) since a nuclear winter is less of a threat than Alucard himself

btw, if humanity would EVER loose such a war against monsters, al likely scenario would be that they would simply detonate ALL nuclear weaponry (we have enough nukes to kill all life on this planets 50 times over) so that "if we can't live here, then you can't get it either"

Edit:

Sorry for the wall of text, I just thought of what humanity would do if someting like that actually happened

Edited by Harbinger, 21 March 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Spoiler

Gyokuro just broke Rule #24 of the EOL: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

And thus, Moka roundhouse kicks her straight through the earth, Chuck Norris-style.

Edited by Coca, 02 May 2013 - 06:33 AM.

DrkTempest

DrkTempest

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

I just hope there is some real resoluton after this battle ends. Graduation from school, dealing with all of the girls and their parents (if they havn't decided to give them other love interest by then, considering the way everyone seemed to pair up for a moment), and maybe a glimpse into the future.

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

I see.

A well- made conclusion and most relevant loose ends tied up, no sign of a rushed ending ;)

If Miu Fairytale is Alucard, then it also makes perfectly sense that he COMPLETELY hates Tohou Fuhai and his buddys...

It is pretty obvious now where Kiria got his blood- Alucard himself gave it to him, probably due to Kiria's attitude of liking "interesting" things

Then:

Alucard was greatly weakened and assumed that the rosary had the ability to control him

So he planted many "eggs" inside the cores of barriers (we saw one in the snow village in one of the chapters, that's when Kokoa and Ruby were summoned to the snow Village and the snow priestess showed it to them)

These eggs are draining energy from the barriers...

At first they assumed that "something" was going to hatch from them, but rather, they will "jumpstart" Alucard's body and allow him to awaken

BUT:

The barriers will be destroyed in the process, meaning that all these places will pop out in the human world

Alucard could be such a tyrant because he was simply too powerful for most opponents and fear is a great instrument for controlling people

And apparently, Akua knew of Alucard's true reason and I am VERY sure that the "promise" she made with Akasha was to make Moka awaken and run off with her

That also puts Akua's true ambitions in an entirely new light:

She was actually planning to awaken Moka as a Shinso (="true ancestor", in case you don't know) and use her great power to get out of there (and make as much of a mess as possible while they are at it)

She did her best to keep her villian role up so that she can perform the "operation" under the pretense of awakening Alucard

So, what's honna happen from now on?

Spoiler

Season 3...

I actually don't know. 

Before that chapter I was pretty convinced that there would be a third season, but it appears that Ikeda is tying everything up and is bringing the story to its conclusion

IF there were to be a season 3, its content would depend on how Tsukune's body (more specifically, his vampire powers) will be at the end of season 2

-) If he loses his powers, he'll be a normal human, maybe it's gonna play in the human world (Tsukune transfers into human academy, gets into trouble with youkai again though)

Quite possible, a setting of a human academy was the initial concept of R+V after all, although Ikeda ditched it for the "Human in monster academy" setting

-) "Normal" vampire powers--> Things go back to how they were (kinda boring if you aske me)

-) Shinso powers- IF he has them, I am pretty sure it's gonna have some "catch" to it, like Tsukune HATING to use it (as he is actually human, he might subconciously reject that power, most likely because he is afraid of it)

OR: He gains a "dark side" an it gets more dominant the more he uses the shinso power (that would be a nice setting for S3- Tsukune facing some powerful enemy while having to deal with his own dark side as well

And most likely the humans will get a bigger role in S3 than before

Well, that's it for my analysis, hope I didn't overdo it with that wall of text ;)

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Wow, that chapter sure was awesome and it finally solved the mystery of "the true form of the headmaster"

But really Akua sure is quite forgiving to Tsukune though^^
I mean she ABSOLUTELY hates humans, apparently knows that Tsukune is one (no idea when she figured it out though), it wouldn't have surprised me if she tried to kill him again (still, poor Jasmine, she actually ended up like that because Akua most likely killd Jasmine's crush/boyfriend and that's how they were found out)

Also, remember how Mikogami (the headmaster) told Tsukune that the "holy lock" wasn't originally meant for him? Well, now we know for whom it was originally intended for

Speaking of which, I HIGHLY doubt that the holy lock was supposed to prevent him from going full ghoul at all (the headmaster is one hell of a schemer, remember?), here are some ideas:

-) The lock is not meant to prevent him from going full ghoul, but rather to keep him from becoming a full vampire, or in other words, it keeps him human

-) It is meant to "control" the transformation process so that the transformation happens over a longer time period rather than a short time as considering the rate is was being broken at, it would have most likely broken even if left alone

-) Hokouto also took it off and didn't go full berserker. Sure, he did make a huge mess, but he didn't lose any more of his sanity (hell, he regained most of his sanity afterwards lol considering what he was trying to do before that)

My guess:

Tsukune will become a lot more vampire-like (not 100% though), Moka and Tsukune will together (or one of them) go into super badass mode and finally finish off/drive away Alucard (This is a shounen manga, remember? The endings of this kind of manga is usually like that)

Still hoping for season 3 though, season 2 had painfully low focus on events INSIDE the academy, most of the story took place outside of it

How long will it take now?

Dunno, the fight against Alucard will most likely last 3-5 more chapters and then we get a short arc (like the school festival arc where they actually have the festival and Tsukune's cousin drops by at the academy) and then one or two epilogue chapters

In total, I'd say about one more year till season 2 is complete

Baka - Tsuki

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

@Harbinger:

In fantasy, like R+V, Nukes are almost always useless. The reason is pretty simple: They'd make humanity OP, and that'd kill the plot instatly. On the other hand, showing that even a nuke can't kill the Enemy Boss, implies that he's really something.

As for why they don't they work, authors have come up with many good ideas over the years:

- The enemy has an OP shield that can absorb any damage. you can only use special magic weapons that can pierce it. (Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc.)

- The enemy cannot die, he's already dead or a ghost, or phisical things don't affect him. (Bleach, etc.)

- The enemy can disarm/destroy nukes in mid-air (Alive, the final Evolution)

- The enemy is an alien race that dominates the battlefield with it's superior technology, we don't have anything left to fight with, except for a few giant robots (Muv-Luv alternative)

Pick your favourite. My guess is that Alucard is immune to Nukes. Well as long as they are not magic nukes!

Edited by Evan Dark, 07 November 2013 - 09:31 PM.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

burndown

burndown

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

this chapter was bloody amazing i cant w8 till the next one