Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Manga's you dropped

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

CoolTaff12

CoolTaff12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

The only manga that I have ever officially dropped was Gamaran (the first 20 chapters was too repetitive)

Other than that, I never had dropped a manga.

Edited by CoolTaff12, 15 April 2013 - 01:47 PM.

My Manga List
tumblr_mkwgxn9BJW1rkb7yeo4_400.jpg
Click Here For Love:
Spoiler

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

You might be right about Kenichi... And an old man like me shouldn't be judging a simple shounen like that ; ). But Fairy Tail is a different case. Some mangas are just objectively good or bad. And you know how I feel about FT... Reminds me I'm still reading Bleach as well. If I drop it, I can save 5 minutes per week; some 4 hours per year!!

Yeah, that is what happens with lot of mangas.  With me I had lot of time so I got hooked into FT and now just read it every week.  Ow well.  Its only 5 minutes.  And FT has not annoyed me to the extent that I drop it.  Some mangas did that to me like Inuyasha and Mahou sensei Negima.  FT is like meh and personally like the characters.  I think FT did great job with female characters which impresses me.  But one thing that happened is that I don't have any high expectation of FT.  I don't think it would get better at all and I don't expect it to.  Its like a manga just reading to pass the time, not really looking forward to the next chapter.

Honeythief

Honeythief

Potato Sprout

• VisTrans
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Chiba

I usually tend to forget the ones I've dropped, unless there was a good reason...

Kimi no Iru Machi It was getting boring to me, and ridiculously drawn out. I dropped it after 160 chapters or so, and no desire to pick it up again.

Bakuman For this one I just got fed up with the love story and decided it wasn't worth my time anymore

Other than that I'll usually go back to finish some manga I've absent-mindedly forgotten about.

banner_big.jpg

Guo-Jia

Guo-Jia

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationWhere? Where?? Where?!

But one thing that happened is that I don't have any high expectation of FT.  I don't think it would get better at all and I don't expect it to.  Its like a manga just reading to pass the time, not really looking forward to the next chapter.

Lot's of mangas are like that, those that you keep reading only out of habit. For me there would Toriko, The Breaker: NW, and maybe even One Piece! (though you'd have to threaten me with an axe to say anything bad about it!) But sometimes they do get better. Like Naruto, which sometimes gets really interesting... until they start fighting again. Not that this would happen to FT. Maybe in a million years...

Edited by Guo-Jia, 15 April 2013 - 03:28 PM.

*Howl!* *Howl!* *Howl!*

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Lot's of mangas are like that, those that you keep reading only out of habit. For me there would Toriko, The Breaker: NW, and maybe even One Piece! (though you'd have to threaten me with an axe to say anything bad about it!) But sometimes they do get better. Like Naruto, which sometimes gets really interesting... until they start fighting again. Not that this would happen to FT. Maybe in a million years...

FT I gave up on expecting more from it.  Each time I do the author trolls me.  So I am like forget it.  Up until I see one great arc where its awesome from beginning to end, I am not expecting anything from FT.  With OP for example, I could predict most things there but each arc is awesome from the beginning to end.  Some arcs are not as good as others but its not like the arc starts out good and then go haywire.  If the beginning feels really great you expect the last part of the arc to be great too, which always pans out in OP, not the case in FT.

Naruto its just too crazy.  The author sucks in detail and is doing things too quickly.  He doesn't build up or has any light moments and I think that is the biggest weakness of Naruto.  You have to slow down sometimes and do light things, Naruto its like every chapter is something very serious.

And to me Naruto and OP are extremely similar but only reason why I see OP is better is because the author is master at details and pacing and he enjoys writing the story and the arcs.  I feel like Kishi just wants to finish Naruto as quickly as possible.

Arlo

Arlo

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts

I''s, because I could never get over the urge to punch the mc in the mouth.

Nozoki Ana, because I couldn't find anything at all likeable about Emiru.

That's really about it.  There are other titles that I've sort of lost track of, mostly because other ones interest me more and I only have so much time, but I have at least some vague plan of catching up on them again sometime.  Those are the only ones that I consciously and deliberately stopped reading.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Well, 1 time i was curious what the worst manga at a site was, it came out to be lord of the ring. Not the lord of the ring u think of, but with sumowrestlers who train their nipple's and such. Well it didn't take me long to drop it xD

aovnZo7.png

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Well, 1 time i was curious what the worst manga at a site was, it came out to be lord of the ring. Not the lord of the ring u think of, but with sumowrestlers who train their nipple's and such. Well it didn't take me long to drop it xD

Are you serious, there is a manga like that.  Oh man.  It just cracked me up.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Are you serious, there is a manga like that.  Oh man.  It just cracked me up.

Search for Shintaro Kago works and be amazed. LotR is hardly the weirdest one. (and one quotation is usually more than enough)

Worst manga according to b-u if anyone wants to add new titles to their 'dropped' list: this and the next page (target mainly shoujo; Mai-chan is not that bad) .

No new drops.

Edited by OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 16 April 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Antisolar

Antisolar

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationSanzu-no-kawa

Someone must have mentioned History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi... You know, since mangaka obviously wants to draw naked women, he should just do it and stop fidgeting about it. I can't take it anymore... If this sounds like a petty reason, you obviously don't know HSDK ; )

That's sooooooooooo wrong !
First, naked women aren't bad.
Then, who care about naked women ? Kenichi (the comic) is awesome and ecchi is just a (big?)plus and really not part of the main plot.
I like the characters (except the boxer), especially Kenichi's teachers. I really, really like them. They are funny, absurdly strong, but also deep.
Ma Kensei is one of them, and I like him as much. Even if he is a pervert, because he is a pervert.
And the plot is good too. Really, if the mangaka want to draw some naked women in this awesome comics, it won't kill me (well, sometime it's getting on my nerves how the girls' clothes keep getting destroyed, but I can cope with it).

Anyway, for the comics I personnaly dropped (not including stuff like Mx0)....
- 1/2 Prince (switched to LN)
- Accel World (too slow)
- Ah! My Goddess (seriously, this kind of neverending comics are annoying me)
- Arakawa Under the Bridge (Boring, like it is going anywhere ?)
- Barajou no Kiss (bah, I had enough, ENOUGH. Started it on a whim and went far but at some point, it was just some heavy pain)
- City of Darkness (S2 dangerous. I can foresee bad stuff like rape and torture)
- Crazy Girl Shin Bia (stress kept pilling up and at some point, I was too scared to continue. I peeked at the ending and was happy with it.)
- Hajimete no Aku (Boring)
- Hapi Mari (I don't even know why I started this)
- Hayate the Combat Butler (neverending story)
- Highschool DxD (switched to LN)
- Killer Stall (too scared to continue. Don't want to see some rape or stuff like that)
- Kimi no Iru Machi (same as Crazy Girl. Ongoing still)
- Legend of the Sun Knight (switched to LN, then dropped LN as well : because peeked at summaries)
- Melo Holic (same as Crazy Girl)
- Need a Girl (I though it would be funny but got bored chapter 5)
- Nocturne (Had a feeling it would become some heavy pain)
- Player Kill (Boring)
- Ssen Nom (Boring)
- Wake Up Deadman (Not bad, but getting a bit too heavy for me)
- Wolf Guy Ookami no Monshou (Dangerous : rape)
- Zippy Ziggy (Boring)

There are also comics I have on hold for a long time but I am sure I will resume reading....one day.

aoshik12.jpg

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

FiveCouldn't get past the first chapter.

Barajou no Kiss

Usagi Drop

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

FiveCouldn't get past the first chapter.

Barajou no Kiss

Usagi Drop

I also dropped kuroko, it was really nice, but round chapter 200 i just wasnt interested anymore.

Still reading Kyou koi wo hajimemasu, i think its good, although the woman annoys me sometimes by having 0, and i mean really 0 confidence. yeah don't judge me on reading that xD

aovnZo7.png

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

Aku no Hana....

I salute anyone who is able to go through that horribly frustrating manga. Think that's the only one which I dropped after the first chapter of a series.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Aku no Hana....

I salute anyone who is able to go through that horribly frustrating manga. Think that's the only one which I dropped after the first chapter of a series.

Didn't like it, eh? It is intense, there's no doubt about that. One of my favorites, but everybody has different tastes, and that one for sure isn't for everybody. :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

Didn't like it, eh? It is intense, there's no doubt about that. One of my favorites, but everybody has different tastes, and that one for sure isn't for everybody. :D

As per my post....*Salutes* You have my utmost respect sir. XD

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

I also dropped kuroko, it was really nice, but round chapter 200 i just wasnt interested anymore.

Still reading Kyou koi wo hajimemasu, i think its good, although the woman annoys me sometimes by having 0, and i mean really 0 confidence. yeah don't judge me on reading that xD

You mean the basketball manga when you said Kuroko.  That is interesting, I guess you are not too much into sports manga.  I personally think its a great sports manga.  One of my top favorite sports manga.

Joshua Langford

Joshua Langford

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationInside your heart

I think I've said it already, but Medaka Box. It really sucks to drop something that you've invested so much time into, bit that last arc... I don't care that the chicks still alive, I just, I- I, I can't even bring myself click the link anymore, I'm just... sigh, damn.

L2fIoox.png

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontrĂ©al

Methinks you're overthinking about this too much. Just click the link and enjoy the crazyness.

Joshua Langford

Joshua Langford

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationInside your heart

I'm also considering giving up on Kenichi just for the fanservice, now I typically enjoy the ecchi tag, but with Kenichi the author seems to have never heard of the word moderation. I mean I enjoy the fights, the character development, and the story ('tho not as much), but having the women end up completely naked during each and every fight is distracting from how good they should be, It honestly seems like the most out of place thing to me, and the amount of it has gotten to the point where I'm thinking, "Why is there so much violence in my hentai?" .... *sigh*

L2fIoox.png

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

I'm also considering giving up on Kenichi just for the fanservice, now I typically enjoy the ecchi tag, but with Kenichi the author seems to have never heard of the word moderation. I mean I enjoy the fights, the character development, and the story ('tho not as much), but having the women end up completely naked during each and every fight is distracting from how good they should be, It honestly seems like the most out of place thing to me, and the amount of it has gotten to the point where I'm thinking, "Why is there so much violence in my hentai?" .... *sigh*

Nah, the important parts are always covered up by some piece of flying piece of cloth xD

aovnZo7.png