Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto Maintenance! Upgrade details inside.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

sdf000

sdf000

Potato

• Members
  • 163 posts

How long before the site speeds up to like before? I feel the site has slowed down quite a bit, and sometimes pages don't load the image (at least for pretty recent uploads).

m0t0man

m0t0man

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe interwebs

The blood theme is pretty bad ass.  Diggin the site wide language filter, too.  though, now i'm gonna have to random button now to find new manga.  i'd always rely on other language releases to find new ones.  lol  The following manga is also much appreciated.  Before a manga would move up in the list with any update, not it looks like it updates with your language.  

I'm getting the slow loading as well, but i think that always happens after a major overhaul of a site like this.

I think the only thing cooler than the blood theme would be a deep sea or deep space theme with black and blues.

Overall, site gets a 10/10

Violetvee

Violetvee

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

How long before the site speeds up to like before? I feel the site has slowed down quite a bit, and sometimes pages don't load the image (at least for pretty recent uploads).

Yea, i'm having the same problem. I thought it was my browser, but it kept going on even after I cleared everything...

lolman

lolman

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 6 posts

Yeah, the site is very slow. Maybe still under Maintenance.

About the Blood theme, I liked it. However I have a request: Staff, on the "Choose a background", can't you add a background simple and plain black? And I mean whole black, without any detail of another color. Black has an amazing contrast to the white manga pages.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

I love the new "quote" button on the comment in manga series section *O* Now we can quote each other in comment  section ~

I have no problem with the connection though.. that's weird O.o

and there is an back to the top button too ^O^~ 

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

New layout looks great! Kinda confused about follows but in general: yay!

chobaka

chobaka

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I did not know that there were different skins before reading this.  Blood and the old skin (silo?) would be my preferred ones xD.  Thanks for the update.  Keep on being awesome Batoto, Batoto Staff, Manga Translators (and all those involved) and The Batoto Community

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Yay~~

The site sped up :D

The follows (on the front page) are looking good.

The follows RSS feed is working nicely.

The site-wide language filter is working AND quite helpful.

And that annoying "Follow" typo in the navigation bar was fixed.

This is turning out to be quite the upgrade. As soon as the Silo theme is finished and the two My Follows pages merged, it'll be perfect.

P.S. I prefer the new Deluxe theme over Silo. Good choice, Grumpy!

EDIT: I've posted a few more bugs in the support forum.

Edited by Daktyl198, 19 March 2013 - 01:47 AM.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Fadamor

Fadamor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

The problem I had with the Favorites is resolved, AND I now can see which language the latest update is in on the favorites list.  That, by far, was the biggest peeve I had with the old setup, so I'm content. Yokatta desu! :batoto_005:

thddragon85

thddragon85

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

SITE WIDE LANGUAGE FILTER!!!!!!!!

so happy.

schizophoenix

schizophoenix

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

Appreciate the effort in upgrading.

Dustin Loftis

Dustin Loftis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yes.

Brykan

Brykan

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 13 posts

not a fan of the new my follows page though liked how it told me what chapter i was on before

johnkard

johnkard

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Another vote to keep the last read component of the follows list! (or some new and cleverer method of bookmarking our progress if such a thing should be in the works =)

LOVE EVERYTHING ELSE!!

Hope the rest goes smoothly!

(also this feature is very nice)

|

|
        |
       V

Edited by johnkard, 19 March 2013 - 05:32 AM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

not a fan of the new my follows page though liked how it told me what chapter i was on before

Another vote to keep the last read component of the follows list! (or some new and cleverer method of bookmarking our progress if such a thing should be in the works =)

LOVE EVERYTHING ELSE!!

Hope the rest goes smoothly!

It's still there. 

http://vatoto.com/follows_comics

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

on the main page, if I look at my follow there is kingdom with multiple entries (there was a release of 8 chapters yesterday) instead of just one. 

A.I.

A.I.

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Looks good. Hope that the update related to the índie manga happens soon!

Posted Image
Click on the image to read Bleak, my ongoing series!

zippyfan

zippyfan

Fried Potato

• tC Donator
  • 787 posts
  • LocationDid someone say... Spiderman Thread?

I love the new upgrade. Thanks Grumpy!

If any of my links don't work, (and you want to read it) PM me with the link of the post in question. I'll replace it if possible.

Some inspirational work by Shane Koyczan

Spoiler

Oubliette

Oubliette

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

It's still there. 

http://vatoto.com/follows_comics

Then can we have a button link back that points directly to our entire follows list again? I could not, for the life of me, find that page until you posted the link to it.

realtalkallday

realtalkallday

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Please dont remove the old follows. I love the old follows format. DON"T REMOVE THE OLD FOLLOWS PLZ <3!!!!