Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What would Rachel have to do or say for you to forgive her?

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts
^Agrees with statements above

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

Bryanky

Bryanky

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
Depends on what her real reason and motive is, why does she want to see the "top" so eagerly that she is willing to betray someone?

but I would find it hard for me to "forgive" her.

Slimy Fast Eel

Slimy Fast Eel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationColombia
in this tower anyone that desires something very strongly is prepared to give anything for his dream even his soul, and i think the irregulars have even more resolution than the normal regulars, so for her to give up on baam and and betray could've been the result of the pressure that headon with whatever were his request to her and the strong desire to climb the tower put on her mind, besides she really was affected after having done that to Baam.
anyways, like many people have already said SIU haven't showed us what kind of circunstances are hidden between them...

Edited by Fast eel, 27 January 2013 - 06:50 AM.

qujDmEH.jpg?1

bwwob bwwwobbubwub

Spoiler

A gross one

Spoiler

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

in this tower anyone that desires something with great strengh is prepared to give anything for his dream even his soul, and i think the irregulars have even more resolution than the normal regulars, so for her to give up on baam and and betray could've been the result of the pressure that headon with whatever were his request to her and the strong desire to climb the tower put on her mind, besides she really was affected after having done that to Baam.
anyways, how many already said SIU haven't showed us what kind if circunstances are hidden between them...

I agree, the only way for me to actually dispose Rachel in reality is when I finally get to know the circumstances that are happening around her and Baam right now.

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

ebattleon

ebattleon

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 714 posts

Depends on what her real reason and motive is, why does she want to see the "top" so eagerly that she is willing to betray someone?

but I would find it hard for me to "forgive" her.

She is said that she is afraid of the dark was her reason...go figure

in this tower anyone that desires something with great strength is prepared to give anything for his dream even his soul, and i think the irregulars have even more resolution than the normal regulars, so for her to give up on baam and and betray could've been the result of the pressure that headon with whatever were his request to her and the strong desire to climb the tower put on her mind, besides she really was affected after having done that to Baam.
anyways, how many already said SIU haven't showed us what kind of circumstances are hidden between them...

I think it was explained quite well in the Rachel Arc Epilogues

Edited by ebattleon, 27 January 2013 - 06:52 AM.

I had fun once...it was awful" Grumpy Cat  "I knew you come back. Its because you look tasty. Nutty, yet sweet and sour..." 2nd Level Guardian to Bamm

"Pesky turtles" "Irregular? What that food?" Rack Wraithrasier
"Ah! you sinful woman" "Though I feel I'm making more trouble for myself its fine , I'm a cool girl" Androssi
"Come to the fried side" Augusgus
"He's like irregular of irregulars!" Yuri
"Well-I guess its a very well made ball" Headon

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

She is said that she is afraid of the dark that her reason.

She could've lied, or maybe that's not the only reason.....

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Slimy Fast Eel

Slimy Fast Eel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationColombia

I think it was explained quite well in the Rachel Arc Epilogues

i think that arc only left us with more doubts and new questions, thought it answered some questions.

Edited by Fast eel, 27 January 2013 - 06:54 AM.

qujDmEH.jpg?1

bwwob bwwwobbubwub

Spoiler

A gross one

Spoiler

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

She could've lied, or maybe that's not the only reason.....

Or she could have been telling the truth 0.O (lol Jk)

ebattleon

ebattleon

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 714 posts
The only question it left me with is how could you use such a crappy reason to betray and murder someone.
Afraid of the dark...seech

Edited by ebattleon, 27 January 2013 - 06:56 AM.

I had fun once...it was awful" Grumpy Cat  "I knew you come back. Its because you look tasty. Nutty, yet sweet and sour..." 2nd Level Guardian to Bamm

"Pesky turtles" "Irregular? What that food?" Rack Wraithrasier
"Ah! you sinful woman" "Though I feel I'm making more trouble for myself its fine , I'm a cool girl" Androssi
"Come to the fried side" Augusgus
"He's like irregular of irregulars!" Yuri
"Well-I guess its a very well made ball" Headon

Decimo

Decimo

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDrinking a cream soda on a folding chair across the street from your house.

While I admit she is as much of a victim of the tower as all the others, she has in my eyes shown no redeeming values ever since she entered the tower. Lets take a look at her actions thus far... 1) Enters tower but was too scared to take test...sent to stand in corner. 2) Watches Bamm take test, with some help from the lovely Yuri and passes. 3) Blames Bamm for her lack of courage and makes a deal that will cost many their lives in future. 4) Gets even more jealous as Bamm's starts to get friends 5) Continues with her deal which indirectly cost Ho her life. 6) Fakes severity Injury, attempts to murder Bamm 7) Continues to fake her injuries to use Bamm's friends to get to top of tower. 8) Has shown no remorse since. At this point she'd pretty much disembowel herself to get my forgiveness.

Dying slowly in just about any way would be solid by me.

^Which includes killing somebody who was willing to die for her without hesitation...she is a borderline sociopath.

It's beyond borderline. Complete 110% egocentric narcissism and a complete lack of evidence for remorse or regret. Also shown extreme violent tendencies, including pushing her only real friend off a platform higher up than a good many mountains to what she assumes is his death. That part was premeditated. Personally, if someone physically lacks the ability to empathize/sympathize with other living creatures, than in my book it's not human and it's okay to kill it. It might kill me on a whim, than make a sandwich, take a shower, go for a jog or any other thing you might consider normal. Something that doesn't see killing Human Beings as wrong is simply to unpredictable to let live.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts
Well when she said she was afraid of the dark - she was referring to Baam really
(BaM means chestnut and night I think)

Slimy Fast Eel

Slimy Fast Eel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationColombia
well that's the world of T.U.S. and the tower, where hundreds of people are killed in one day, so the moral and valors there are a little diferent

qujDmEH.jpg?1

bwwob bwwwobbubwub

Spoiler

A gross one

Spoiler

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

Well when she said she was afraid of the dark - she was referring to Baam really
(BaM means chestnut and night I think)

We can't really be sure of what she meant....

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan

Not quite right :)

Thank God I am not the only one. She might be pretty, funny, strong, etc. But that doesn´t erase what she has done in the past.

While I admit she is as much of a victim of the tower as all the others, she has in my eyes shown no redeeming values ever since she entered the tower.

1) Enters tower but was too scared to take test...sent to stand in corner.
3) Blames Bamm for her lack of courage and makes a deal that will cost many their lives in future.
4) Gets even more jealous as Bamm's starts to get friends
5) Continues with her deal which indirectly cost Ho her life.
8) Has shown no remorse since.

I pretty much agree with almost everything you said.
1) I don´t blame her, that test was just insane. Baam passed the test incredibly, he showed other powers we haven´t seen since that time(foreshadowing of what was needed to do, and even better skill as a Guide than Evan).
3) I haven´t noticed that before, there must be a psychological therm for what she did.
4) That jealousy was pretty subtle, it was showed while she was ordering food to go and in her dreams. What that dream try to say is that she was afraid of being left behind, being alone? Maybe it was showed also when Rachel said that Baam had some help from Yuri.
5) Don´t forget the death of 397 regulars in the very first test
8) True, in Ho´s funeral she didn´t even look concerned of what had happened. She hasn´t shown it, at least not consciously.

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth
i think she is complicated character......she is the only person in the tower i can think of as human, i mean the rest all ok but to me they r fiction

1. she doesnt have supernatural power or determination, when headon asked her to face the eel we all know deep down none of us would want to face a monster

2. the only person she knew climbed the tower even if she wouldnt make a deal with headon ,there is nothing to go back to,her only freind climbed the tower.....

3. she is kind of affraid that may be what she is chasing is not worth than baam, when she is making the scarry laughter, i kind feel sorry for her, i mean what she want is almost close but she is affraid may there is empty....she is almost happy but at same almost sad.........

i dont know guys what u think but i dont hate her that much......

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

This is purely your opinion. I was just wondering what actions or words Rachel would have to say in order for you, the reader, to sympathize with her. Maybe you understand where she is coming from and don't blame her for her decisions. I was just thinking about the inevitable conclusion between Baam and Rachel. Thoughts?

To sympathize? It would have to be something extraordinary. I'm not sure finding out Baam hurt her or her family/friends is enough, since I imagine it occurred under circumstances outside of his control and she should have figured it out by now. I just don't care if she lives or dies, and I'm not sure finding out she has a terrible backstory will change that. She isn't an interesting character for me, although I do think she serves a good purpose in the cast. She's like a Disney villain, one that I don't want to find out their motivation necessarily, I just want to see how they will try to mess with our heroes.

Empathize though? I already empathize with her. It's not difficult to understand a character that will do absolutely anything to achieve their goals. Rachel isn't much different from Baam in that sense. His goal was to find Rachel, then to take Rachel to the top so she can achieve her goal, and now to find her and find out why she did what she did to him, as well as to protect his friends. Her goal has always been to reach the top. She's not a difficult character to understand personality-wise, she just maybe difficult to predict because we do not have all of the information she is working with. The way she decides what her best chance to reach the top is depends on what she knows or thinks is going on, and since we travel either with Baam or Koon, but not Rachel, we cannot know what she will do.
The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

Slimy Fast Eel

Slimy Fast Eel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationColombia

5) Don´t forget the death of 397 regulars in the very first test

in that test Quant told them that they can kill each other in a term of 30 minutes so that was expected with a princess of zahard and an irregular with a fucking giant monster helping her.

qujDmEH.jpg?1

bwwob bwwwobbubwub

Spoiler

A gross one

Spoiler

Kvshi

Kvshi

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationFighting with Wing Tree on 77F
Another thing I can say is, Rachel seems very similar to what Bloodmadder did. Sacrificed everything else just for their personal gain.

Slimy Fast Eel

Slimy Fast Eel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationColombia

i dont know guys what u think but i dont hate her that much......

I also don't hate her that much, instead i hate much more headon and the more hated for me now would be Yu Han Sung.

qujDmEH.jpg?1

bwwob bwwwobbubwub

Spoiler

A gross one

Spoiler

Kvshi

Kvshi

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationFighting with Wing Tree on 77F
I think SIU put Rachel as this evil person to compare it with reality. Everybody in this world has to sacrifice something in order to get what they wanted.

I would write a whole paragraph or even more on this,but I'm to lazy lol

Edited by Kvshi, 27 January 2013 - 07:13 AM.