Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What would Rachel have to do or say for you to forgive her?

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

Tim Lim

Tim Lim

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado
This is purely your opinion.

I was just wondering what actions or words Rachel would have to say in order for you, the reader, to sympathize with her. Maybe you understand where she is coming from and don't blame her for her decisions. I was just thinking about the inevitable conclusion between Baam and Rachel.

Thoughts?

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts
If I knew the exact reasons why she betrayed Baam and nearly tried to kill him... And if her true motivation for climbing the tower to truly and honestly see the stars...

If she answered those two questions I think I would feel satisfied since I can be a very forgiving person ( depending on the answer though lol xP )

Edited by oceana, 27 January 2013 - 05:17 AM.

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
Umm...if she has mental issues maybe?.............nah I'm kidding :D

If somehow it turns out that she was in fact protecting Baam all along(highly unlikely) I've no idea how that'll be explained, but I would more than sympathize with her, she'd become one of my favorite characters.

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Umm...if she has mental issues maybe?.............nah I'm kidding :D

If somehow it turns out that she was in fact protecting Baam all along(highly unlikely) I've no idea how that'll be explained, but I would more than sympathize with her, she'd become one of my favorite characters.

If that happened I actually think I would doubt her if she answered straight up like that really lol
Kinda doubt she is trying to help him though <inserts many dots>

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

If that happened I actually think I would doubt her if she answered straight up like that really lol
Kinda doubt she is trying to help him though <inserts many dots>

No no I also won't believe her if she says something like that :D I meant if it's explained, you know by SIU(in the story of course).

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan
Die? :P

Just kidding, I don´t know. There is a reason why Baam was sealed in that cave. And whatever he did, or his former self/past life, it´s probably the reason why Rachel is like that with him. If Baam killed her family or something, and then she was forced to teach him how to speak, etc. That would explain a lot. But it´s unlikely that´s the case.

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

No no I also won't believe her if she says something like that :D I meant if it's explained, you know by SIU(in the story of course).

Well if it was explained (sorta) like that then I might - I'm not a very big hater on Rachel but a lot of other people are and I know a couple that wouldn't buy that making up excuses like "she planned that" or "it was all staged by her"
I dunno lol xP

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Well if it was explained (sorta) like that then I might - I'm not a very big hater on Rachel but a lot of other people are and I know a couple that wouldn't buy that making up excuses like "she planned that" or "it was all staged by her"
I dunno lol xP

Well, I believe there are ways to make even guys who really hate her sympathize with her.

For example like Cloud Strife said, what if Baam was the real bad guy and killed her family or something(unknowingly), and Rachel was sent/came to the cave to get rid of Baam, and she still decided to forgive him. But changed her mind after what happened on Headon's floor.

Edited by DarkPrince, 27 January 2013 - 05:57 AM.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
She just has to show some honest repentance and properly apologize to Baam. That's really all it takes if he is serious and actually has the intention of forgiving her.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Well, I believe there are ways to make even guys who really hate her sympathize with her.

For example like Cloud Strife said, what if Baam was the real bad guy and killed her family or something(unknowingly), and Rachel was sent/came to the cave to get rid of Baam, and she still decided to forgive him. But changed her mind after what happened on Headon's floor.

That reminds me of a theory someone had about Baam (I thought it was quite ingenious myself actually)
- Baam is actually a demon-like being who destroyed everyone in a village in a pure rage. The surviving villagers put a binding spell on Baam that sealed him away in a cave and took away all of his remaining memories. Rachel is a criminal from the village who is sent to talk to Baam ( to see if be is ever regaining his memories) and she becomes somewhat attached to his kind-hearted nature but still dispises him for killing most of the village.

I seriously love that theory no joke - even though it probably has no chance lol ( that's all I remember from it though...)

Iraji

Iraji

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts
If she said that headon had a plan for baam to change the tower for the greater good and he used her to help him make baam stronger i would be completely fine with that. Like, if she knew that he wouldn't die when she pushed him and whatnot, like it was all a big test/training session for him and she was a part of it......

but we all know that isn't the case so i hope she gets ripped to shreds by Rak x Koon x Baam triple O.G. destroyer team

Edited by Iraji, 27 January 2013 - 06:08 AM.

Slimy Fast Eel

Slimy Fast Eel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationColombia

That reminds me of a theory someone had about Baam (I thought it was quite ingenious myself actually)
- Baam is actually a demon-like being who destroyed everyone in a village in a pure rage. The surviving villagers put a binding spell on Baam that sealed him away in a cave and took away all of his remaining memories. Rachel is a criminal from the village who is sent to talk to Baam ( to see if be is ever regaining his memories) and she becomes somewhat attached to his kind-hearted nature but still dispises him for killing most of the village.

I seriously love that theory no joke - even though it probably has no chance lol ( that's all I remember from it though...)

well, if she was a criminal i find kind of hard to believe that she care for the village people, but anyways is posible.
but what we are sure and known is that she said that baam had took everything away from her, so he had have to make something bad to her so maybe that way one could simpathyze with her, but if all that it's just a misunderstanding from her part, then i think one could only look for who or what is the real reason to that messed up head of hers.

well that's my thinking right now, it could change with time, so see you in the future with other crazy theory of mine in that moment

Edited by Fast eel, 27 January 2013 - 06:19 AM.

qujDmEH.jpg?1

bwwob bwwwobbubwub

Spoiler

A gross one

Spoiler

Strafe

Strafe

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
Doesn’t really need one from me. Rachel may seem like an utter bitch, but we do not know the whole story so she is (should) be difficult to judge. In terms of trying to kill Baam, she was in effect, just trying to fulfil her greatest dream. In that respect, Rachel seams more like a child than an adult, young or otherwise; acting solely fore her self and her desires.

Also, if she was (as I think) behind A.As attempted assassination then you could realistically consider it as self defence, considering that A.A was planning on killing here in the most cruel way.

But then again, we do not know much in terms of back story, so its all just speculation.

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan
Like Iraji said, whether she really tried to kill Baam or she knew he was going to survive could change the way we see her. For some people...

But in my personal opinion, that is quite hard. In the very first test. She teamed up with Akryung and Androssi who killed unnecessarily 397 regulars, when the test should had end when the regulars went down to only 200. A lot of people like Androssi, but since the beginning I didn´t like her because of that incident... Neither of them felt any remorse

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

well, if she was a criminal i find kind of hard to believe that she care for the village people, but anyways is posible.
but what we are sure and known is that she said that baam had took everything away from her, so he had have to make something bad to her so maybe that way one could simpathyze with her, but if all that it's just a misunderstanding from her part, then i think one could only look for who or what is the real reason to that messed up head of hers.

well that's my thinking right now, it could change with time, so see you in the future with other crazy theory of mine in that moment

More of the theory is coming back (lol)
But in the theory - she had to talk to Baam everyday or so as part of repentance of any of her evil doings. Locked up in a jail cell all day unable to see the outside world except for Baam and police-like figures who watch her every movement. Plus what if she had a family or a lover that was killed by Baam - then in a sense he would have taken away everything she cared about (?)

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

But in my personal opinion, that is quite hard. In the very first test. She teamed up with Akryung and Androssi who killed unnecessarily 397 regulars, when the test should had end when the regulars went down to only 200. A lot of people like Androssi, but since the beginning I didn´t like her because of that incident... Neither of them felt any remorse

Not quite right :)

ebattleon

ebattleon

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 714 posts
While I admit she is as much of a victim of the tower as all the others, she has in my eyes shown no redeeming values ever since she entered the tower.

Lets take a look at her actions thus far...
1) Enters tower but was too scared to take test...sent to stand in corner.
2) Watches Bamm take test, with some help from the lovely Yuri and passes.
3) Blames Bamm for her lack of courage and makes a deal that will cost many their lives in future.
4) Gets even more jealous as Bamm's starts to get friends
5) Continues with her deal which indirectly cost Ho her life.
6) Fakes severity Injury, attempts to murder Bamm
7) Continues to fake her injuries to use Bamm's friends to get to top of tower.
8) Has shown no remorse since.

At this point she'd pretty much disembowel herself to get my forgiveness.

I had fun once...it was awful" Grumpy Cat  "I knew you come back. Its because you look tasty. Nutty, yet sweet and sour..." 2nd Level Guardian to Bamm

"Pesky turtles" "Irregular? What that food?" Rack Wraithrasier
"Ah! you sinful woman" "Though I feel I'm making more trouble for myself its fine , I'm a cool girl" Androssi
"Come to the fried side" Augusgus
"He's like irregular of irregulars!" Yuri
"Well-I guess its a very well made ball" Headon

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

While I admit she is as much of a victim of the tower as all the others, she has in my eyes shown no redeeming values ever since she entered the tower.

Lets take a look at her actions thus far...
1) Enters tower but was too scared to take test...sent to stand in corner.
2) Watches Bamm take test, with some help from the lovely Yuri and passes.
3) Blames Bamm for her lack of courage and makes a deal that will cost many their lives in future.
4) Gets even more jealous as Bamm's starts to get friends
5) Continues with her deal which indirectly cost Ho her life.
6) Fakes severity Injury, attempts to murder Bamm
7) Continues to fake her injuries to use Bamm's friends to get to top of tower.
8) Has shown no remorse since.

At this point she'd pretty much disembowel herself to get my forgiveness.

I think by either number 3 or 4 - she has become broken and consumed with jealousy that she will do what ever she needs to do to get to the top of the tower

Kvshi

Kvshi

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationFighting with Wing Tree on 77F
Nothing. She thinks you're dead she doesn't need to apoligize. If she saw me still alive she would avoid me and any cost. If I wanted to talk to her about the betrayal she'll try to bullshit her way out of it. I just hope to God when Baam confronts Rachel,he'll be more wise.

Edited by Kvshi, 27 January 2013 - 06:37 AM.

ebattleon

ebattleon

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 714 posts

I think by either number 3 or 4 - she has become broken and consumed with jealousy that she will do what ever she needs to do to get to the top of the tower

^Which includes killing somebody who was willing to die for her without hesitation...she is a borderline sociopath.

Edited by ebattleon, 27 January 2013 - 06:45 AM.

I had fun once...it was awful" Grumpy Cat  "I knew you come back. Its because you look tasty. Nutty, yet sweet and sour..." 2nd Level Guardian to Bamm

"Pesky turtles" "Irregular? What that food?" Rack Wraithrasier
"Ah! you sinful woman" "Though I feel I'm making more trouble for myself its fine , I'm a cool girl" Androssi
"Come to the fried side" Augusgus
"He's like irregular of irregulars!" Yuri
"Well-I guess its a very well made ball" Headon