Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

I could so relate to her lack of emotional display, that really hit close to home,  I am fine at expressing myself online and can be angry but I'm not so great at expressing much in real life.   And when  bad things happen I just go into cold practical mode like that. It was worse when I was younger too. 

But yeah,  there must have been something up with him, that's really bad / sad for her, he was being very ignorant of how to treat her and being with another woman is the worst.     Of course those of us who don't react often have people do things to us to provoke a response but if it gets bad, the relationship just usually ends whether it be friends, lovers or family because the person that doesn't display was feeling bad all along and has already had too much when they do react and that's usually just to leave or blow up and leave because it was the final straw and the other person was not observant enough to know better.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Spoiler

Yeah, I'm not sure if we really have the background yet on her and the situation to know whether he was just (incredibly) insensitive, intentionally taking advantage of her/just a playboy, egging her on because of her stoic demeanor and he "needed" to see her "be emotional".........whatever. I hate to say it, but this story has been going on long enough I've forgotten some of the nuances. This is one I look forward to rereading some day, it's complex enough that I find it difficult to keep up with/remember everything over the time it's being scanlated. 

And yeah, you're right, people like her character are often treated unfairly because of their outwardly calm appearance. Just because someone isn't as loose with their feelings as someone else is doesn't mean they don't have them. I think that probably falls under the old "don't judge a book by its cover" adage.   :D

Edited by svines85, 02 March 2014 - 02:15 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, like things in that relationship weren't complicated enough already...........jeez, I'm not even quite sure what to say anymore.  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Rel

Rel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Wow, like things in that relationship weren't complicated enough already...........jeez, I'm not even quite sure what to say anymore.  >_<

So true...
Oh my... this gives the feeling that the girl with purple dress is like his fiance or something similar ... and im just speachless
but at the end... is it a ghost or what? maybe a doppleganger !!! 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

yeah, it's almost like he was leading a separate life or something............that or she was so tolerant of him and easy going that he just naturally had something going on on the side   >_<

it kind of bothered me how even with what we've seen she actually seemed to be trying to rationalize it as being in some way her fault.  ):

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, one of the sadder break-ups I've seen depicted. Two people who'd been through the motions for years.... yup, pretty sad. Though, to me, he easily comes off looking more like the villain in all of this. She might've been guilty of ambivalence, but at least she wasn't setting up a safety net on the side like he was  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png